Voice on the Prairie
Assuming he was telling the truth . . .The “smell” in my nose of smoke/cigar was just terrible.
- Are there teenagers or others smoking "upwind" so that the smoke is being pulled into your house?
- Are you downwind of farmers? Some of the chemicals they put on in the fall smell like burnt paper to me.
- Did your husband perhaps have a guest who smoked?
- Have you checked your attic and electrical system? (nothing smouldering?)
- Lastly, try changing your furnace filter.
Again, I steam with Vicks or salt water twice a day during hay fever season. Steaming helps take away any bad smells for awhile. We were getting an ashy smell from the forest fires out West. I changed my furnace filters twice (I use the really cheap ones).