Kristopher Henderson, 39, is charged with murdering his baby daughter then blaming his cat for the fatal injuries, which included the likes of bleeding on the brain, broken ribs and broken legs.
Minnesota dad is charged with beating his two month-old baby daughter to death 'then claiming his CAT had caused the infant's horrific injuries by laying on top of her'
- Minnesota dad is charged with murdering his baby and blaming his cat for the fatal injuries, including bleeding on the brain, broken ribs and broken legs
- Kristopher Henderson was charged Friday with second-degree murder without intent, first-degree manslaughter during malicious punishment of a child
- The 39-year-old of Mankato, is accused of causing fatal injuries to his two-month-old daughter in their Mankato home in late September
- The infant had been taken to the hospital on September 23 with brain bleeding. broken ribs along with both broken legs
- The baby had 'little to no brain activity' before she was pronounced dead earlier this month on November 3, the news outlet reported
- He initially attempted to blame a family cat for the baby's fatal injuries
Kristopher Dale Arlando Henderson, 39, was charged with the first-degree murder of his unidentified daughter at Blue Earth County District Court on Friday.
She was fatally-injured at his home in Mankato on September 23, and died at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester on November 3 after lengthy attempts to try and save the infant proved unsuccessful.
The girl's mom, who has not been identified, told cops her daughter was fine when she left her home for work on the day the fatal injuries - broken legs, broken ribs and a brain bleed - were inflicted.
She fed the little girl, then put her back down to sleep. The woman said Henderson texted her at 5pm to say he'd caught the family's 19 pound cat 'laying' on the baby, with the mom arriving home from work an hour later.
According to Law & Crime, she was stunned to discover that her daughter's eyes had 'bulged out' of her head, and took the infant to their local emergency room after calling her own mom for advice.
Cops were called, with Henderson allegedly initially claiming to have no idea how the baby was injured, before then blaming the family's cat.
They continued to probe Henderson for answers, who then said he may have been 'a little rough' while changing the girl's diaper.
During a follow-up interview on October 1, Henderson is said to have admitted that on the day of the girl's death he had 'cradled the child in his arms and struck her back more forcefully than usual,' according to the Southern Minnesota News.
The girl was transferred from the emergency room to the prestigious Mayo Clinic, but was removed from life support on November 3 after being declared brain dead.
Kristopher Dale Arlando Henderson, 39, was charged Friday in Blue Earth County District Court with second-degree murder without intent while committing a felony and first-degree manslaughter while committing malicious punishment of a child, according to the Mankato Free Press.
The baby had 'little to no brain activity' before she was pronounced dead earlier this month on November 3, the news outlet reported.
Meanwhile, autopsy results for the infant's death remains pending.
Authorities believe Henderson was caring for the child by himself at the time the injuries occurred.
He was originally only charged with first-degree assault, however the charges were upgraded following the girl's death, just over two weeks after she was hospitalized.
He was still in the Blue Earth County Jail as of Wednesday morning, according to the Free Press.
Henderson's bail has since been increased to $1 million.