Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

The Grand Solar Minimum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 99 of 99 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99
Results 3,921 to 3,943 of 3943
    TxGal, it would be harder to bail water and farther to carry it from catch basins outside of the greenhouse to inside of it than it is to carry it from the kitchen sink and out the door into the greenhouse.

I just have to remember to allot my time to account for how much longer it takes me to do anything these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Martinhouse View Post
    TxGal, it would be harder to bail water and farther to carry it from catch basins outside of the greenhouse to inside of it than it is to carry it from the kitchen sink and out the door into the greenhouse.

I just have to remember to allot my time to account for how much longer it takes me to do anything these days.
    Ugh, sorry....I was afraid my idea was just too simple to work!

I'm part way through the GSM podcast. At about 33:30 he begins to talk about crop losses, and he says he's going to spend a lot of time on it. That's where I am now, I may not get through it all at one time. It's already kind of worrying....

I had thought of putting a gutter along the outside edge of the greenhouse, and running the rainwater through a downspout that went into a barrel inside the greenhouse, but when it rains hard, the water shoots way out past the edge of the roofline and would miss the gutter altogether. Plus the gutter would be in the way when the time comes to detach and replace the plastic top cover.

I just feel lucky that the way I do it now, I don't have to go outside at all to do the watering, not even to hook up a garden hose, which I run from the front porch directly into the greenhouse. Also, I don't have to worry about mosquitoes infesting a collection tank and thus making the whole greenhouse miserable. As it is, in the summer, a mosquito often follows me indoors when I'm out past dusk watching fireflies.

Adapt 2030 has a new podcast out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQo5qjjgV-c

(PT 1 of 4) Vibrational Changes in the Grand Solar Minimum a Timeline to 2030

Run time is 33:46

Craig Simpson from Radiant Creators and David DuByne of ADAPT 2030 discuss preparing your mind, body and spirit as our societies move into the intensifying Grand Solar Minimum. What it will take to thrive and live in abundance as systems contract around the globe. What skill set will be essential to provide the most value in constantly changing times and a time line to weave it together from 2019-2032.

From the Oppenheimer Ranch You Tube page, posted yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4tcAV6w3LI

Grand Solar Minimum Flooding Continues - Snow continues to fall - Planting Delayed - Lyrids

Run time is 31:17

TxGal, thanks for the podcast links. Do you know how long we'll have to wait for Parts 2, 3, and 4 of that Adapt 2030 interview?

Got company stopping by later this afternoon but for now I'll go back to watching my new Mission Impossible DVDs. Or I will as soon as my ears stop bleeding from listening to the second podcast you linked to.

Quote Originally Posted by Martinhouse View Post
    TxGal, thanks for the podcast links. Do you know how long we'll have to wait for Parts 2, 3, and 4 of that Adapt 2030 interview?

Got company stopping by later this afternoon but for now I'll go back to watching my new Mission Impossible DVDs. Or I will as soon as my ears stop bleeding from listening to the second podcast you linked to.
    No, I couldn't see any info on his website showing any kind of schedule. Oh heck, I was afraid the 2nd podcast was by the guy that was 'colorful'! Joys!

We just go back from visiting, and I did stop at Home Depot on the way home. Fortunately, they were not sold out, had plenty of tomatoes and peppers, but were a bit low on green bell peppers, and completely out of my favorite tomato, Cherokee Purple. I have seed, though, and did pick up other varieties. I try to stay with non-hybrid varieties, but sometimes it's hard.

I also found two smaller size Meyer lemon trees that I picked up. I also checked out their seed displays...they had enough of most, but were out of Hale cantaloupes, the variety I wanted....I still have seeds but was going to double up.

Now I can 'relax' and watch the podcasts :-)

I recommend that you listen to the "colorful" guy first, and then maybe you can relax by listening to the Adapt 2030 one.

The Gilbert Godfrey/Howard Stern hybrid will definitely NOT leave you relaxed! How can anyone offer up that silliness! What a waste of energy and intellect! If intellect is what you want to call whatever it is that weed has left him with.

Oh, well, in his half-hour, he did give me at least five minutes of weather news. Guess that counts for something. Not much, but something! (:

I'm going to stop listening to that other guy....I just can't get past his delivery.

Here ya go, Martinhouse!

Adapt 2030 has a new podcast out this morning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNH8aM8MF2A

(PT 2/4) Vibrational Changes in the Grand Solar Minimum a Timeline to 2030

Run time is 32:18

Craig Simpson from Radiant Creators and David DuByne of ADAPT 2030 discuss preparing your mind, body and spirit as our societies move into the intensifying Grand Solar Minimum. What it will take to thrive and live in abundance as systems contract around the globe. What skill set will be essential to provide the most value in constantly changing times and a time line to weave it together from 2019-2032.

https://komonews.com/news/local/pota...ing-04-22-2019

Potato farmers scrambling after long winter delays planting

by Associated Press |
    Sunday, April 21st 2019

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Potato farmers are getting a late start on their crops because of a long winter and record snowfall in east Oregon and Washington.

Normally, farmers start planting potatoes at the end of February. But this year the ground was frozen or flooded much later than usual.

Washington State Potato Commission Director Chris Voight tells Oregon Public Broadcasting farmers weren't able to start planting until April 1.

Farmers are scrambling to cram two-and-a-half months' worth of planting into one month.

Voight doesn't think that will lead to a french fry shortage. French fry companies have month-long emergency supplies in freezers the size of two football fields. But Voight says if french fry companies have to dig too deep into those freezers, they were may be some spot shortages around the country.

Thanks for the link and the potato article.

I'm late getting potatoes in, too, except for those that are well up in the greenhouse.

Ice Age Farmer has a new podcast out today, a continuation of the last podcast with Dr. Anita Bailey (I thought the last one was really good):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14BJDIqjPKo

Dr. Anita Bailey on Preparing: Calories, Grid Collapse, Finding Community, Your Questions [part 2]

Run time is 46:25

Dr. Anita Bailey, author of "COLD TIMES: Preparing for the Mini Ice Age" joins Christian again to discuss preparing for the times ahead: growing enough calories, potential of grid collapse, finding community, and more of your questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0zh1ohklpo

West Australia Coldest April Day Ever Recorded How About the Wheat Harvest (813)

Run time is 6:52

West Australia earliest snow in 48 years and smashing coldest ever recorded for April temperatures, ever, as in the coldest day ever recorded. Australian wheat to 11 year lows in harvest, plus Bureau of Meteorology embroiled in another temperature manipulation scandal to cover 3rd year in a row of below normal temperatures in Australia.

TxGal, thanks! I'm working outside today. Not getting things done very fast, but they are getting done and now I have something to look forward to when I can't move a muscle later tonight. Between the podcasts and my new set of the original Mission Impossible series, it could be quite a while until I get bored. If ever!

It's gorgeous out with just enough breeze to cool me while I'm working in full sun. (Long sleeves, gloves and wide-brimmed straw hat, of course!)

Today I've re-discovered how much easier a wheelbarrow pushes when the tire isn't flat! (: (:

Martinhouse, you're welcome! I'm listening to the Dr Bailey podcast now, it's pretty good and I can relate a lot to what she says about chickens and cattle.

This morning I went out to weed the onion raised bed, and real quickly it morphed into staking up blackberries on the fence, cutting down tickle tongue trees and cat's claw, etc...now we're stiff and sore, but at least some stuff is off the to do list for now. Our humidity is starting to come in now, so it won't be long before summer heat follows and we have to go out very early or in the evening to get things done.

We're forecast to have another storm system Wednesday. Right now we're in a slight risk area, seems to be strong winds (ugh) and excessive rainfall that are the concern. I've decided to keep my new pepper and tomato plants on the front porch until that passes by. It might be in your forecast, too.

We have thunderstorms forecast for Wednesday and Thursday, too, with up to an inch of rain. I'm hoping to get all four little blueberry bushes transplanted tomorrow so they have a couple of days with no hot sun to settle into their new homes. It took me from mid-morning until 7:30 this evening to move around dirt so I could move the barrel containers into the right places for berry bushes. I had to remove the dirt from four of five containers so I could move them, then put the dirt back. Dirt from a fifth container is in a pile to fill the holes I'll leave from two of the blueberry bushes. I chose the container that was taken over by nut grass for the dirt that will go under a piece of tough truck tarp where this year's new containers will be going. I was hoping to prepare a little bed for a few raspberry plants, also, but I ran out of time and my get-up-and-go had long since went before I got to it.

My back hurts so bad I even hate having to inhale! (: But I expect I'll live.

Just listened to the second Dr. Anita Bailey podcast.

She sure is easy to listen to. I would like to get her book, but actually I don't really need it. Better to buy more seeds or canning jars or something. Or another 50# sack of chick starter.

Ice Age Farmer has a new podcast out today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je6P1zURRFg

Crop Losses, Retail Shortages - Media Covers up - Grow Biointensive - Grand Solar Minimum

Run time is 11:58

As Spring frosts damage orchards and delay planting, and early snow falls in Australia, the growing season is shortening appreciably -- and as a result, food shortages and price increases are going global. Meanwhile, the media blames this on distractions. Time to start growing your own food today! Christian breaks it down.

I'm getting ready to listen to the Ice Age Farmer podcast you just posted. Noticed at the right side of the page that there is a MIAC #200 out now, too. Did we listen to that one yet?

I just noticed that! I'm working on posting it right now :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qzmzu9-WWE

(MIAC #200) America’s Damaged Agriculture 2019: Look for Doubling Food Prices

Run time is 27:40

David DuByne creator of the ADAPT 2030 channel on YouTube discusses societal changes as our Earth shifts to a cooler climate as the Eddy Grand Solar Minimum intensifies, a 400-year cycle in our Sun which will affect crop production, the economy and everyone on our planet. This is a timeline for what you can expect from now to 2023.

•A look back at the mega floods that destroyed over 30 % of Americas stored grain and decimated the agriculture industry across the Mid-West
    •2019 planting season delayed in flooded areas
    •Tuber crops to avoid hail damage
    •Super nutritious crops, Kale, Brussel Sprouts and sweet potatoes
    •Sun drives Earth’s climate
    •Global carbon taxes
    •Emergency water supply and storing water
    •Liquid herbicides spread across the Mid-West flood areas, effecting new plantings
    •Midwest floods so devastating that insurers cannot pay out and asking for federal assistance
    •Nine million acres of farmland will not be planted in 2019 due to Mid-West floods

Wow! This last Adapt 2030 podcast is just about the scariest I've listened to yet, and I'm only 9 minutes into it. Everyone needs to listen to it, then listen to it again, and find a way to start a garden or expand the one they have. Get ahead on food as much as the budget and storage allows, hopefully taking advantage of any sales that may be out there.

Just finished listing to MIAC #200. Wow! Glad I'm doing my best to get a garden going, late thought it may be.

I did get the blueberries transplanted today and also got the few little raspberry plants in. It was too late to do the blackberries. It will take about ten minutes to plant them but it will first take at least two hours to weed the beds where they will go. I just was not up to that. These two days of hard work have just about done me in. The rainy day will be a good rest for me. I can take it easy and maybe just work in the greenhouse.

The blueberry bushes didn't even wilt when I moved them And I shaded them with sheets as soon as I finished with each one. Today turned out to be more sunny than cloudy and I hate to think what those poor plants would have looked like had I not shaded them.

I am SO GLAD that hard job is done! And after listening to both podcasts this evening, I'm glad I've decided to go ahead and try for a summer garden rather than waiting until fall.

If it doesn't start raining real early tomorrow, I may run to our little town and at least gas up the truck and then hit Dollar General and the feed store.