Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

HEALTH Lower wisdom teeth extracted today.
+ Reply to Thread

Lower wisdom teeth extracted today.

Howdy, Folks!

I am over 53 years old.

I now understand why these are extracted when they generate (mine came in impacted sideways, and never erupted).

Intense.

I'm on a restricted diet for 2 months.

On the plus side - extraction was 100% successful, and the nerve damage my oral surgeon feared I would experience didn't materialize. So, with any luck - relatively complete recovery in about 3-5 months, and as to the restricted diet - I can certainly stand to drop some weight.

Glad I got to have Thanksgiving turkey...

Peace and Love,

Donald Shimoda

Thats real h=good news, mine were the same way, came in sideways, had to put me out to cut them out, . but I didnt have restrictions on what to eat, but was just glad to get them out, they were pushing sideways on my other teeth

Best to you, Mr. Shimoda!

Just had a molar extracted a couple of weeks ago...still really sore.

Be careful to not smoke or drink through a straw...the dry socket isn’t fun!

All four of mine were cut out on the same day. Nitrous was unavailable because it was empty or the dentist was lying so I was on novacaine only. ALL my molars (and wisdom teeth) are tied around my thigh bones and spine. The dentist had to stand up on milk crates and crack them and then pull on the shardes. Speaking about shardes....I was spitting them out for a whole week. About two hours after I got home my head looked like a watermelon it was so swolen. Thank God I was 14 or 15 years old but it still took a couple of weeks to heal. When my teeth are pulled the sockets itch like mad when they start to heal so four of them drove my up the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Squib View Post

Don't eat at Taco Bell and let the little chunks they call meat get inside one of those pockets. It will redefine dental pain for ages.

My very best wishes to you.

Dental work such as you described can be a nasty and overwhelming experience. I hope your recovery is timely and without further difficulties.

Ben
    "Talking is easy and everyone is wise after the event."

Ernest Joyce

double tap after the 25 second advisory...arrrgh!
    "Talking is easy and everyone is wise after the event."

Ernest Joyce

Ouch! Prayers for quick healing.
    The Operative: “The path to peace is paved with corpses. It’s always been so.”

Malcolm Reynolds: “So me and mine got to lie down and die so you can live in your better world?”

Mine were also sideways...and I had a horrible time!! I won't even talk about it (and that was when I was 15, I've had years to get over it...lol) But sending prayers your way!!
    Therefore be ye also ready; for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. Matt. 24:44

I've been lucky in my life. Never any wisdom teeth pulled at all.

55 yr old brother had his 4 wisdom teeth all removed at once earlier this year, with just local Novocain.

I'd advised him to have ice packs pre-positioned in car to place on jaws immediately after leaving dentist.

He did and his swelling & pain was so minimal he only took two doses of pain killer later and that was it.

- Shane
    Last edited by shane; 12-03-2019 at 12:32 PM.

THE GOOD NEWS ABOUT NUCLEAR DESTRUCTION!
    WHAT TO DO IF A NUCLEAR DISASTER IS IMMINENT!
    When An ill Wind Blows From Afar! (Overseas Fallout)

"A prudent man foresees the difficulties ahead and prepares for them;
    the simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences."
    - Proverbs 22:3

Thanks for the well-wishes.

Howdy, Folks!

Surgery wasn't bad at all - just very, very weird. I was awake for the whole thing.

At one point, my surgeon sort of slumped and heaved a big sigh - he was obviously tired (he had a really hard time with my left one, and was straining to extract it), and I looked at him and said, "hey, doc - you okay?"

That brightened his day judging from the smile me gave me, coming from the man with many metal implements and broken teeth in his mouth.

Prior to this - I have had to go in for frequent cleanings because I had never had them removed.

Never had any pain from them (hence never had them removed), but the bone loss by keeping them was starting to get excessive, so this removal was prophylactic - by getting rid of them, I'll be able to (hopefully) keep all my other teeth for the rest of my life. Figured it was a good trade off.

[The uppers are also impacted, but are causing no pain or bone loss and are completely stable; my oral surgeon feels they will never bother me at all, and I'll be able to take them to the grave.]

As to dry socket - I'm being very careful. I had a friend who had it, and she also had children. She said she'd rather deliver a 15 pound baby then have dry socket.

Peace and Love,

Donald Shimoda

DS,

My DW had her wisdom teeth removed while pregnant with our first DS....

Everything went well....

Do what your doc advises for quicker recovery....

Texican...

"Hey Doc, You OK?

Thanks for that one!
    Glad it went well. Hope your recovery is swift.

Southside

Ouch. Hope you're already feeling better.
    Thoughts are things. Thus I'm careful of the thoughts I think, & the company I keep.

Hello Donald Shimoda,

Hope all heals well for you!

When I was in high school, my dentist x-rayed my mouth to see where my wisdom teeth were (3rd molars) - I had no room in my mouth for another set of 4 teeth!...he found them perfectly placed right under my 2nd molars which had come in a couple of years before. He wanted to cut out my wisdom teeth!!

I asked him why didn't he just pull out the 2nd molars and let the 3rd molars replace them. Didn't want to go through surgery like my brother - he had a couple impacted and had a tough go of it.

My dentist said that sounded like a good idea. That's what he did...and my 3rd molars (wisdom teeth) came right on in with no issues.

Ever since then, dentists think I don't have my wisdom teeth...then I explain to them what happened to my 2nd molars.

Worked for me. Don't know if anyone else had this done...just seemed like a good idea.

My dentist was pretty old and did everything the 'old' way - like waiting until a cavity was a large hole before filling.

This probably wouldn't work well for wisdom teeth that aren't properly positioned under the 2nd molars though - unless one was going to get braces at some point.

Chance
    "Apres la Guerre."

Quote Originally Posted by Squib View Post

I had a molar extracted a couple of weeks ago too Squib. In fact two weeks ago today. That thing gave me more trouble than I figured it would, it still hurts on occasion. I had a root canal on that tooth years ago and developed an abscess under the tooth over a year ago that would come and go. The abscess finally came to the surface on my gum and I had to get it taken care of. The dentist said there must have been a crack or leak in one of the roots that caused the abscess.
    Yesterday I was young, today I am old, tomorrow I'm dead, and the day after that I never was.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozarkian View Post
    I had a molar extracted a couple of weeks ago too Squib. In fact two weeks ago today. That thing gave me more trouble than I figured it would, it still hurts on occasion. I had a root canal on that tooth years ago and developed an abscess under the tooth over a year ago that would come and go. The abscess finally came to the surface on my gum and I had to get it taken care of. The dentist said there must have been a crack or leak in one of the roots that caused the abscess.
    Yikes! I didn’t have an abscess, but the molar cracked and felt like I was getting electrocuted at random...BTW, mine was a couple of weeks ago tomorrow.

Best wishes on recovery

Uncle Sugar took mine out and I got dry socket.

Really thought my head had a rail spike from front to back.

Any hint get help asap...

Mr. Shimoda, I truly wish you quick healing!