Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

GOV/MIL Trump grants clemency to 2 Army officers accused of war crimes, restores rank to Navy SEAL Eddie Gallaghe
+ Reply to Thread

Trump grants clemency to 2 Army officers accused of war crimes, restores rank to Navy SEAL Eddie Gallaghe

MILITARY Published November 15, 2019 Last Update 14 hrs ago
    By Melissa Leon, Lucas Tomlinson | Fox News

Photos and links at source....
    Posted for fair use....
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...-gallagher.amp

President Trump has granted clemency to two Army officers accused or convicted of war crimes and restored Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher to the rank of chief petty officer after he was docked a pay grade after being convicted of posing for a photo with a dead Islamic State (ISIS) fighter, the White House announced Friday.

Army 1st Lt. Clint Lorance could be released from the military prison at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, as soon as Friday evening, six years after being found guilty of second-degree murder. Maj. Matt Golsteyn, a former Green Beret, will have the murder charge against him dropped.

EXCLUSIVE: ARMY MAJ. MATT GOLSTEYN JOINS 'FOX & FRIENDS' SATURDAY AT 6 A.M.

"Today, President Donald J. Trump signed an Executive Grant of Clemency (Full Pardon) for Army First Lieutenant Clint Lorance, an Executive Grant of Clemency (Full Pardon) for Army Major Mathew Golsteyn, and an order directing the promotion of Special Warfare Operator First Class Edward R. Gallagher to the grade of E-7, the rank he held before he was tried and found not guilty of nearly all of the charges against him," the White House said in a statement Friday night.

Lorance was six years into serving a 19-year sentence at Fort Leavenworth for ordering his soldiers to open fire and kill three men in Afghanistan. Lorence’s supporters say he killed Taliban fighters. Nine members of his unit testified against him, saying the men were innocent.

Continue Reading Below

Gallagher, a 15-year SEAL whose case garnered national attention, was found not guilty of murdering an ISIS fighter in Iraq in 2017 but was convicted in July of a lesser charge of posing for a photo with the dead ISIS prisoner's corpse.

His punishment included a reduction in rank from chief petty officer to 1st class petty officer, which would have cost him about $200,000 in retirement funds. His family and defense team were fighting to have his rank restored.

"There are no words to adequately express how grateful my family and I are to our president, Donald J. Trump, for his intervention and decision," Eddie Gallagher said in a public statement Friday night. "We would also like to thank the American people for their unwavering support during this very difficult time for my family and I -- we can never thank you enough."

NAVY SEAL EDDIE GALLAGHER'S FAMILY REACTS TO WORD OF POTENTIAL TRUMP ACTION TO RESTORE RANK

"I truly believe that we are blessed as a nation to have a commander in chief that stands up for our war fighters, and cares about how they and their families are treated," he said.
    Our military is the best in the world, and with steadfast and supportive leadership -- like we have in this president, our fighting force will only get stronger," Eddie Gallagher added.

Golsteyn was charged with premeditated murder in the 2010 death of a suspected Taliban bomb maker. His trial was expected to begin next month.

MAJ. MATTHEW GOLSTEYN'S FAMILY REACTS TO WORD OF POTENTIAL TRUMP ACTION, FEARING AFGHANISTAN TRIP

It was the second time the Army investigated the 2010 case after an initial probe didn't find sufficient evidence to bring charges. A second investigation was opened in 2016 and Golsteyn was charged in December 2018. He faced life in prison if convicted and was stripped of his Special Forces tab and Silver Star award for valor.

Golsteyn was charged with murder after telling Fox News' Bret Baier in 2016 that he was concerned that if he released the suspected Taliban bomber, he would strike again. At one point, Baier asked Golsteyn if he'd killed the Taliban bomber.

"Yes," Golsteyn replied.

His family had called the case a "complete set-up," a "farce" and a "kangaroo court."

Trump had tweeted on Oct. 12 that he was reviewing Golsteyn's case.

"Matthew is a highly decorated Green Beret who is being tried for killing a Taliban bomb maker," the president wrote. "We train our boys to be killing machines, then prosecute them when they kill!

Matt's wife, Julie Golsteyn, had said at the time that the president's tweet had given their family hope.

"I don't know how much more ridiculous it can get," she added. "Matt was cleared and then their story changed. It is so rigged."

CLICK HERE FOR THE FOX NEWS APP

Fox News' Pete Hegseth first reported earlier this month Trump was expected to take "imminent" action in the cases.

Pentagon spokesman Jonathan Hoffman said Friday night, "The Department of Defense has confidence in the military justice system. The president is part of the military justice system as the commander in chief and has the authority to weigh in on matters of this nature."

Earlier this month, Defense Secretary Mark Esper said he had met with the president and discussed the cases.

“I offered -- as I do in all matters -- the facts, the options, my advice, the recommendations and we’ll see how things play out,” he told reporters at the Pentagon at the time.

Melissa Leon is a reporter for FoxNews.com. She can be found on Twitter @theMelissaLeon
    Thoughts are things. Thus I'm careful of the thoughts I think, & the company I keep.

Good!

Now he needs to root out all the cases of malicious prosecution and send those perps to Leavenworth.

...and give them a temporary post in Moose Snot, Alaska until the trial is ready.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Quote Originally Posted by Millwright View Post
    Good!

Now he needs to root out all the cases of malicious prosecution and send those perps to Leavenworth.

...and give them a temporary post in Moose Snot, Alaska until the trial is ready.
    I agree completely. JAG Corp needs to be investigated.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...embers-pardons

I think some of the accusers have crap to answer to >>>>
    Illini Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Millwright View Post
    Good!

Moose Snot, Alaska doesn’t need people like that. Of course, they might just disappear....Those big glacier-fed rivers tend to grind bodies into little bits that make good fish food.

Kathleen
    Behold, these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him.
    Job 26:14

wickr ID freeholder45

The Libs are all upset about this....they think a 'hero' is like Obama's Bergdahl who deserted, converted, aided and abetted, and got fellow soldiers killed. Pathetic!

Obama tied the hands of the military. And I'm sure there are a lot of Obama holdovers high up in the DOD.
    "Apres la Guerre."

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    The Libs are all upset about this....they think a 'hero' is like Obama's Bergdahl who deserted, converted, aided and abetted, and got fellow soldiers killed. Pathetic!

Obama tied the hands of the military. And I'm sure there are a lot of Obama holdovers high up in the DOD.

And they all need to be driven out, if not charged !!!
    "No one ever rescues an old dog. They lay in a cage until they die. PLEASE save one. None of us wants to die cold and alone... --Dennis Olson "

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Chance is correct, lib's are mad that Trump overrode Comrade Obama's orders and released these guys. My cousin and I met for breakfast this morning and overheard a couple of liberal idiots talking about this. My cousin got up, went over to their table and asked in a polite way if they had ever been in the military or combat when some asshole was trying to kill you. Both of them answered, "no we haven't" and my cousin told them then to shut their damn mouth then because they have no idea what combat is like and never been there. The look on these two was priceless. By the way, cousin is a decorated combat medic in Viet Nam with two tours.

Obama fundamentally changed the US Military, and not for the better.
    The wonder of our time isnt how angry we are at politics and politicians; its how little weve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    Chance is correct, lib's are mad that Trump overrode Comrade Obama's orders and released these guys. My cousin and I met for breakfast this morning and overheard a couple of liberal idiots talking about this. My cousin got up, went over to their table and asked in a polite way if they had ever been in the military or combat when some asshole was trying to kill you. Both of them answered, "no we haven't" and my cousin told them then to shut their damn mouth then because they have no idea what combat is like and never been there. The look on these two was priceless. By the way, cousin is a decorated combat medic in Viet Nam with two tours.
    Good for him!!

Way to go, so glad I have a POTUS that I can be proud of.

God bless President Trump and his.

Still find it hard to believe that a big city New Yorker yankee is making such a great POTUS. But what ever works. Proof is in the pudding like this.

I have very mixed feelings on this subject. In the first place, those who have NEVER fought in war have no right or place in judging warriors! NO...no you don't! You haven't EARNED that right, simply because you are a citizen. Civilians are not the peers of warriors in any way shape or form. They have no experience, knowledge or training in the affairs of war. Civilians are not the equals of warriors. Civilians may decide/demand that a people go to war but unless they themselves are willing to lead the march into battle and face the fury of combat first hand, they have no other right or say in the affairs of warriors.

To try and civilize warfare is beyond ludicrous. War by definition IS NOT CIVILIZED! Never was and never will be.

That being said.....there are rules and codes, if you will, that warriors do and must follow. However, the degree of "civility" (there's a sick joke) held on the battlefield all depends upon the engaged parties. But as soon as one side or the other violates those warrior codes all bets are off and bloody mayhem is the only rational alternative.

The sole purpose of the warrior is to subdue the enemy and attain victory. Usually that means the annihilation of the enemy and all that support them. However you slice it, its not a pretty assignment.

War should be horrific. Something avoided at all costs. Something detested and hated. If not, it becomes too easily the first, rather than the last, act of diplomacy and a lot of people end up dead and the planet destroyed and then....nobody wins and everyone loses.
    We have done so much, with so little, for so long....We can now do anything, with nothing, forever.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMan View Post
    That being said.....there are rules and codes, if you will, that warriors do and must follow. However, the degree of "civility" (there's a sick joke) held on the battlefield all depends upon the engaged parties. But as soon as one side or the other violates those warrior codes all bets are off and bloody mayhem is the only rational alternative.
    The Law of Land Warfare is a thing, and was beaten into our skulls as Privates.
    Having said that, combat is a lot like hanging out at Walmart anymore. There are cameras (drones) everywhere.
    Don't get caught doing stupid $hit, and you'll be good.
    III

Keep ignoring my rights and I'll keep ignoring your laws.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMan View Post

I have very mixed feelings on this subject. In the first place, those who have NEVER fought in war have no right or place in judging warriors! NO...no you don't! You haven't EARNED that right, simply because you are a citizen. Civilians are not the peers of warriors in any way shape or form. They have no experience, knowledge or training in the affairs of war. Civilians are not the equals of warriors. Civilians may decide/demand that a people go to war but unless they themselves are willing to lead the march into battle and face the fury of combat first hand, they have no other right or say in the affairs of warriors.

To try and civilize warfare is beyond ludicrous. War by definition IS NOT CIVILIZED! Never was and never will be.

The sole purpose of the warrior is to subdue the enemy and attain victory. Usually that means the annihilation of the enemy and all that support them. However you slice it, its not a pretty assignment.

War should be horrific. Something avoided at all costs. Something detested and hated. If not, it becomes too easily the first, rather than the last, act of diplomacy and a lot of people end up dead and the planet destroyed and then....nobody wins and everyone loses.
    Excellent reference.

The good colonel’s speech resonated with me the first time I heard it and nothing has changed......

The question is, how many here can take such dark battlefield savvy to heart, and run with it, come the day.
    I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue. Barry Goldwater.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeholder View Post
    Moose Snot, Alaska doesn’t need people like that. Of course, they might just disappear....Those big glacier-fed rivers tend to grind bodies into little bits that make good fish food.

Kathleen
    We don't really want em down here, either, in LV...
    ...but I console myself with the one heck of a big party we can have here if ever people start meeting their just rewards...just think, front row seats for TBers!
    Thoughts are things. Thus I'm careful of the thoughts I think, & the company I keep.

Army 1st Lt. Clint Lorance, one of two U.S. Army officers granted clemency Friday by POTUS Trump, was released from prison in Kansas on Friday night & reunited w/ family members.” ➡️https://foxnews.com/us/army-1st-lt-c...rants-clemency

Below, Clint reunites w/ family, after 6yrs (19yr sentence) in prison.
    RT 2:19
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1195676437954670592

Link to video of release
    Last edited by jward; 11-16-2019 at 11:59 PM.

I know that "things" happen in the heat of battle, both good and bad. We spend a lot of time, effort and money creating warriors so that we can turn them loose to further our political interests.

The down side to this is that while we can create warriors, we've yet to figure out how to successfully undo our creation. How do you un-make a warrior? How do you return them back to a prior level of sanity after they have been trained, groomed, sent into battle to do what has to be done and after what they've seen and experienced.

The ancient Israelite's did not allow their warriors back into regular society until after they went through a period of "cleansing", both spiritually, ritualistically and physically. Clothing worn in battle was burned. Weapons spiritually and physically cleaned. Bodies washed, souls tended to, prayers prayed over them.

What do we do with our combat vets? We just kick them to the curb and expect them to deal with all the toxic issues that result from combat. All those stains upon their souls. All that pain, horror, guilt, fear, etc., etc., etc. All the good, bad, ugly, indifference, insanity and worse a simply left to fester.

Gee......is it any wonder why we have sooooo many wounded souls our streets today?
    Last edited by ShadowMan; 11-18-2019 at 02:28 AM.
    We have done so much, with so little, for so long....We can now do anything, with nothing, forever.