Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

DISASTER Two people dead and 150 homes destroyed in Australian bushfire
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
    CC's post about the fire being across the street from him was in this thread: http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/showt...ight=australia Post 9.

He posted an article about Hillville. I checked google maps and its about 9 hours from Kempsey, where the man died. I saw an article on an Australian newspaper The Australian which talked about the fires in Hillville.

link: https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...8817330c76edb9

It talks about the fire but it does not talk about any deaths. Hopefully CC just can't communicate right now. The fires according to the article are still burning and the evacuation centers are stuffed with people. I didn't copy it over as it wants a subscription and I didn't feel like messing with copying it. I know, I'm lazy tonight. But it does provide some hope that CC is alright.
    One can safely assume that the infrastructure (communications facilities) is severely affected in such fires. That may be the reason CC has not been heard from.
    I wonder though how his alternate food supply survived such event. We might hear about that eventually when he returns.

:: Bumping for China Connection ::. We're concerned bout you, buddy!

I can't recall his age, specifically, but believe it was late sixties or early seventies. Nor can I recall his given name.

I know we're of many differing faiths, or none at all...but our world views all seem to hold in common the idea that we can touch one another via the power of our prayers, or the energy released in our thoughts. So, I am confident that whatever CC is facing, he is finding strength, support and comfort from us as we hold him close and wish him and his well!

Melodi, we actually do have that voluntary EAS (?) System in place here. We may raise this issue, later, as you say, and see about adding an option to give contact permissions...

In other forums where it was clear people were concerned i set up a list of particular in event of my demise chores for my girlfriend, which included names and contact info for various 'pretend friends' who would wish to know funeral details.

Those of you who have such relationships here might want to take a moment to do something similar.

Be good to yourselves, please, and eachother. It matters. We care. For real!
    Thoughts are things. Thus I'm careful of the thoughts I think, & the company I keep.

Update 15th Nov 2019 - 8.00 am E S Time

Sadly there are no really good news stories, just that there is a slow improvement, with the winds dropping in some regions, (Which is often the causative factor in fires jumping km/miles ahead of where the main fire base is) At the moment some of the current fires will be going for possibly weeks, due to the terrain, plus they will probably start their own spot fires!

The below link has the best of the "good news", as they now have caught another 4 of the bastards whom have set fires.

NB:Someone, one or two days ago, mentioned Hillville in connection to CC posting about the place?, there is a short article a fair way down about Hilllville (NO mention of deaths in the area!)

Link:

https://www.9news.com.au/national/ns...g-fires_151119

sb
    Scarletbreasted

Thanks for the updates, SB!

Bump for CC!

Update: Sat. 16th Nov. 2019

Still no news of any further deaths - amazing!!

Stll catching people starting fires - One idiot "back burning" which got out of control and started a large blaze whilst trying to save his illegal Cannabis crop - arrested and charged, with further court appearances next week!

A quiet night but increased winds forecast for today - more info and videos in below link................

Link: https://www.9news.com.au/national/ns...-threat_161119

sb
    Last edited by Scarletbreasted; 11-15-2019 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Sp
    Scarletbreasted

Thanks Scarletbreasted, still praying for y'all.

UPDATE: Saturday 16th November 2019 5.00 pm EST

The madness and fires continue to escalate...........

A young guy started a fire and when the fire fighters and another person tried (and eventually succeeded) to put "his" fire out, he threatened them with a bloody chainsaw!!!

He is low resting in the lock up facing quite a few charges, including being under the influence of drugs (Off his face), where do these shitheads come from?!

Link below: Lots of info plus the risk of more fires started by lightening !!!

https://www.9news.com.au/national/ns...-blazes_161119

sb
    Scarletbreasted

Prayers sent for CC
    "During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." George Orwell

Thanks for the local updates, Scarlet...
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

UPDATE: 17 Nov. 2019 - 7.15 am

As anticipated by the weather forecasters, several bush fires were started by lightening strikes from electrical storms in several regions in NSW & QLD.

No further lives have been lost in the last 24 hours, thank God!

The below links have several mentions of interest one being being a mention of Hillville, previously mentioned in connection to CC.

Links (2 for the price of 1 today): https://www.news.com.au/technology/e...73eb8e71c15703

https://www.9news.com.au/national/ns...-danger_171119

sb
    Last edited by Scarletbreasted; 11-16-2019 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Bolding
    Scarletbreasted

I'm sorry to hear that. You can't catch a break down there can you? Thanks for the updates. Stay safe.

Update: Sunday 17th Nov. 4.30 pm ESTime

More fires continuing to burn - some created by electrical storm plus at the same time storm cells drop Hail up to 1 1/4 inches in diameter!

Fires continue to intensify in S E QLD.

Links:

https://www.news.com.au/technology/e...51d83be7da902c

https://www.news.com.au/technology/e...73eb8e71c15703

sb
    Scarletbreasted

Still praying, thanks SB!

Praying for CC. I hope the hail halts some fires.

WSFM 101.7‏
    Verified account
    @WSFM1017
    4m4 minutes ago

#BREAKING: Three teenage boys have been arrested after a grassfire was started in Sydney’s south-west overnight.

6 minutes ago

Three teenage boys have been arrested after a grassfire was started in Sydney’s south-west overnight.

A passing motorist alerted authorities when he saw the fire in bush off The Northern Road at Harrington Park about 5.30pm (Sunday 17 November 2019).

Firefighters from Fire and Rescue NSW and the RFS attended and had the fire extinguished by 6.15pm.

Acting on information provided by members of the public, officers from Camden Police Area Command searched the vicinity and arrested two boys, aged 15 and 16, near Harrington Parkway.

A third teen, aged 15, was arrested a short time later.

All three were taken to Narellan Police Station and have been interviewed by police in the presence of their support people.

All are eligible to be dealt with under the Young Offender’s Act.

Three mobile phones and other items have been seized for forensic examination.

https://www.wsfm.com.au/newsroom/thr...ys-south-west/
    Attached Images
    So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

Update: Monday 18th Nov, 2019 8.00 am ESTime

Telstra (Australia's biggest telecom company) extends helping hand to those with comms problems! NSW & QLD............If he is able, CC should be able to make contact soon, otherwise the outlook for him is looking grimmer!)

Over 60 bush fires are currently burning across Queensland, with weather conditions expected to worsen in the coming days. A dozen homes have been lost and many residents have been displaced or had their mobile, landline and internet services interrupted.
    We know that now it is more important than ever for our customers to be able to connect with loved ones, which is why we have invoked our disaster assistance package in the following areas:

Beechmont, Boreen Point, Lower Beechmont, Noosaville and Tarome in the state’s south and Cobraball, Yeppoon and Bungundarra in central Queensland.

If you are a customer living in one of these communities, you may be eligible for mobile phone credit and call diversion. The wider community can access free Telstra public payphones and Telstra Air payphone hotspots in the affected areas during the recovery period.

Our advice from authorities is that weather conditions are expected to escalate, so we will continue to work closely with them as the situation unfolds and update eligible areas if required.

For many Queenslanders this is a frightening time, but please know that we are with you and will do all we can to provide support in your time of need. Customers who have had to evacuate or have lost their home are encouraged to call us on 132 203 to report a fault and register for the assistance package.

Our teams are working to restore impacted services as quickly as possible. In some cases, poor conditions are preventing us from reaching some areas but we will attend as soon as it’s safe to do so.

In the meantime, we will keep our customers and the wider community across impacts to Telstra services and continue to work closely with local councils to assist with the recovery effort.

Telstra’s relief packages can include the following:

Short term measures (for Telstra customers who have a short term impact – temporary evacuation of premises or temporary fault):

Free use of Telstra public payphones in the affected areas
    Free use of Telstra Air payphone hotspots in the affected areas
    Free call diversion from an affected fixed home or business phone service to another fixed or mobile service of the customer’s choice, regardless of the carrier
    Customers who use the free call diversion to divert their affected fixed home or business phone to their Telstra mobile service, can also make local and STD® calls on their mobile at fixed line rates, in accordance with their selected plan (limited to one designated Telstra mobile per affected household or business)
    Affected Telstra mobile customers who do not have a Telstra home phone can receive a one-off credit to the value of $100 inc. GST (limited to one mobile phone per Telstra mobile account).
    The above offers are applicable until network damage in the area due to fire is repaired, or while customers remain evacuated, for a maximum period of three months from the date of the fires.

Long term measures (for Telstra customers who have suffered severe damage to or loss of their premises):

Fixed services

Free call diversion from the customer’s Telstra fixed phone service to another Australian fixed or mobile service of their choice, regardless of the carrier. This offer is applicable for a maximum period of 6 months from the date of the fire.
    In addition, Telstra will apply a one off credit to the value of $500 inc. GST to the customer’s Telstra fixed phone account to help cover the costs of the following, if required:
    Connection of a Telstra fixed phone service at one temporary residence
    Re-connection of a Telstra fixed phone service at the customer’s original permanent premises
    Please remember to stay safe and listen to warnings from authorities
    .................................................. ................

South Australia (SA) is heading into what could be its hottest November temperatures in history!! (This is my birth state and has, in the past had some catastrophic fires - I suspect this is about to happen again!!)

Australia’s run of scorching heat that has seen large parts of the east coast go up in flames will continue this week where record-breaking maximum temperatures are expected.

An insufferably hot air mass is slowly making its way across the country from Western Australia.

It will hit South Australia on Wednesday where experts predict the hottest November day on record could be eclipsed.

Adelaide’s hottest November day was 42.7C. It will be more than 42C again this Wednesday, and the heat will bring with it catastrophic fire danger ratings.

The highest possible fire danger ratings have been issued for large parts of South Australia on Wednesday, including the Lower Eyre Peninsula, the Yorke Peninsula and the Mount Lofty Ranges. An extreme fire danger rating is in place for Kangaroo Island, and a severe fire danger rating is in place for Adelaide’s CBD.

Sky News Weather meteorologist Rob Sharpe says the heat brings with it a real chance of fires starting in South Australia. (NB: They already have some fires, just not to the extent of the East coast- yet!!! sb)

Bureau of Meteorology, Australia

@BOM_au
    A very warm air mass is moving through NT & WA with large areas forecast to be 45°C + today.
    It will extend east, with hot conditions developing over northern and eastern Australia early next week.
    Elevated fire dangers remain over NSW & Qld into next weekhttp://ow.ly/39Vo50xbuG8

“The fire weather is really ramping up, and the focus this week won’t be in NSW or Queensland but in South Australia,” he said.

“We’ve had record heat in parts of Western Australia and by the time we get to Wednesday we could see record heat in parts of South Australia, Adelaide included.”

In parts of NSW, where homes and lives have been lost during bushfires, the fire danger rating will be severe and temperatures will top 40C.

“As we move into tomorrow, we do face severe fire danger in Sydney, Illawarra, Shoalhaven and the Hunter (regions),” Mr Sharpe said.

Rural Fire Service Commissioner Shane Fitzsimmons said: “We are expecting to see a worsening of conditions (in NSW), particularly as we start heading into Tuesday and then continuing through Wednesday and Thursday again.”

The heat, which will be felt by much of South Australia today, will move into Victoria on Wednesday with temperatures in Melbourne reaching 32C and 30C on Thursday.

It comes as parts of southeast Queensland were hit by a severe storm that brought with it large hail stones and damaging winds.

sb
    NB: Death toll still remains at 4 - incredible work by fire fighters and allied crews!!!
    Last edited by Scarletbreasted; 11-17-2019 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Tiying up
    Scarletbreasted

Update 19 Nov. 2019 1.00pm ESTime:[B] .......... It is getting worse - the next 3 days will be have record temperature along the East coast of OZ [/B]

Link:
    https://www.news.com.au/technology/e...8ed1be2d4ade2b

Still no news on CC?

sb
    Scarletbreasted

Doubling up prayers for all in Australia, especially you, SB, and CC!!

May our Lord keep you all in His care!!
    "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
    In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths."
    Proverbs 3:5-6

I went and looked. 45 degrees C is 113 degress F. HOT. Amen to what Sammy55 said.

There is an eqasy trick to converting C to F.
    45C double it 90
    take 1/10 of 90 9
    90-9 81
    add 32 =113
    easy to do in your head with a little practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Allotrope View Post
    45C double it 90
    take 1/10 of 90 9
    90-9 81
    add 32 =113
    Ouch. That brought back bad memories of Chemistry in High School.

Another reason I love TB2K....we care for and watch out for our members.
    JOHN 3:16 / John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you FREE.

Praying for CC and you too, SB! It must be terrifying.

Update 7.35pm 19th Nov 2016

Four states still with serious to catastrophic (Highest level of danger) fires, Vic, NSW, Qld. and SA

One fire in NSW has been burning non stop since last week and is still out of control - over on the West coast in Western Australia, they are also experiencing fires. On the East Coast hundred of homes and vehicles have also been lost, (AS well as thousands of cattle, sheep etc. some how we still have only 4 confirmed deaths, sadly sometimes victims are not found for weeks after fires go through an area!

Tomorrow (Wednesday here) SA and the Eastern States expect temperature jumps up as high as 42-3 deg C (from 2-3 to 15 degrees ABOVE normal (See article in link below)

Link: https://www.news.com.au/national/syd...9c26c10152ff41

Another week of hell on earth for the fireies!!

NB: The nearest fire to me at the moment is over 100km to the west of my location in Cairns - It is West of Mareeba - unlike those down South, I am safe

sb
    Scarletbreasted

Scarletbrested, thank you so much for letting us know you're safe.
    Also, for keeping us updated on the situation. It is wonderful to have
    the local and useful information!

You're in my prayers, too.
    Thoughts are things. Thus I'm careful of the thoughts I think, & the company I keep.

Update: Wed. 20th Nov 2019 7.30 am ES Time

The heatwave mentioned previously is now creating further chaos - virtually in all states - see below link for details (S.A. looks to be copping it badly today - my state of birth 8=( ) see below link

Link: https://www.news.com.au/technology/e...ff49f27b3476e8

https://www.9news.com.au/national/ns...survive_201119

sb
    Last edited by Scarletbreasted; 11-19-2019 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Added link showing effects on wildlife
    Scarletbreasted

Update Wed. 20th Nov. 2019 8.00 pm ES Time

Record temperatures broken - see link below - Fires in S.A. rampant 8-(

https://www.news.com.au/national/syd...cb5c8b4e485632

sb
    Scarletbreasted

Quote Originally Posted by goosebeans View Post
    Praying for CC and you too, SB! It must be terrifying.
    Quote Originally Posted by JF&P View Post
    AMEN! Whether formal prayer requests are made or not!
    ---------

Sobering, scary, and oddly mesmerizing video. https://twitter.com/i/status/1197072678110126082

Jose
    @egsanti
    NSW bushfire as seen from the air
    @cnni

Thanks for the updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Allotrope View Post
    45C double it 90
    take 1/10 of 90 9
    90-9 81
    add 32 =113
    That stopped being an "easy" trick when it added a third step.

Quote Originally Posted by JF&P View Post
    Ain't that the truth. Most of us have never seen each other, and probably never will, but we're still close.

My sister lives in Oakbank, South Australia and there is now a fire 10 km from her, but not a big one yet......very high temps - It was 107F (did the conversion for you) yesterday there and windy, and the smoke is blowing eastward from the many fires on the Yorke Peninsula......she says it is eerie. She is heading into Adelaide today to the Mall and will let me know if it is any worse tonight. They are 15 hours ahead of me.....so we have weird conversations in the middle of my night.

I see it is 111 deg F right now there.....she only has a/c in the bedrooms, but the Mall has it everywhere. LOL
    True North Strong and Free

5G and bushfires
    17-Aug-2019

Professor Martin Pall wrote that: 'I have been discussing the impacts of EMFs on plants for a couple of years, including the large increases in highly volatile and highly flammable terpenes in both dicot and monocot plants. These may have important roles in causing fires, including the 2017 Northern California fires. I have more recently been discussing the five unprecedented South Korean fires and the possible role of the 5G rollout in those cities in causing those fires.'

5G was activated in Korea on April 4 and the following day massive wildfires broke out causing a state of emergency. You can read about it here.

Are fires a likely consequence of 5G in rural Australia?

http://www.emraustralia.com.au/annou...-and-bushfires
    https://safeg.net/home A Safe Alternative to Harmful 5G Wireless

Matthew 10:17 But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues; 18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles. 19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.

An interesting hypothesis by Prof. Pall..............

EMF can be incredibly damaging, but as to their ability to ignite brush and grass fires, I would need to see a lot a LOT of factual technical proof!

I know some doubt is being postulated about the strength of 5G, as a causative factor in other areas (Especially health) but again nothing is proven - yet!

sb
    Scarletbreasted

The underlying article linked above (and below) regarding the Korea fire, noted the cause was a transformer on a pole that exploded causing the fire which was then spread due to very high winds.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...p-south-korea/

The fire broke out when a transformer on a telephone pole exploded alongside a road in a rural area of Goseong, 100 miles north-east of Seoul, on Thursday evening. Fanned by strong winds, the initial blaze spread rapidly and by dawn had scorched around 1,300 acres of woodland and destroyed more than 300 homes and other buildings, including schools and nursing homes.

The fire also engulfed parts of the popular coastal resorts of Sokcho and Gangneung.
    "People are best convinced by reasons they discover on their own."

"The next 20 years are going to be completely unlike the last 20 years." - Chris Martenson (The New 2014 Crash Course)

Update Thursday 21 Nov. 2019 - 2.00pm ESTime

Saw the post about Oakbank, I know the area well - I remember going up for the Oakbank races each year.............Weather there is a little cooler today but the fire conditions in some areas are hellish - see below links.

Victoria is also having disastrous events still!!

Links:

https://www.news.com.au/national/lig...3868b0c2556b32

https://www.news.com.au/national/lig...3868b0c2556b32

sb
    Scarletbreasted

Special update: 21st Nov. 2019 - 7.00 pm EST

Cause of horrific Yorke Peninsula (South Australia) fire disclosed......................

https://www.9news.com.au/national/fi...ushfire_211119

sb
    Scarletbreasted

Quote Originally Posted by Scarletbreasted View Post

EMF can be incredibly damaging, but as to their ability to ignite brush and grass fires, I would need to see a lot a LOT of factual technical proof!

I know some doubt is being postulated about the strength of 5G, as a causative factor in other areas (Especially health) but again nothing is proven - yet!

sb
    I don't know if the above mentioned is possible, but I used to work in the lab with an instrument called an ICP (inductively couple Plasma). I would pass a stream of argon gas through a copper coil and the plasma was "lit/started" by a pulse of extremely high RF (radio frequency).

Quote Originally Posted by Blacknarwhal View Post
    That stopped being an "easy" trick when it added a third step.

double it. Subtract a tenth and Add 32... I finally got er to stick, and by adding the 'and', have reduced it to two easy steps.

Ain't that the truth. Most of us have never seen each other, and probably never will, but we're still close.
    Yup. It's (the relationships) are as real as ya let em be!!

As for close, I hope we're drawing nearer to the time of hearing from CC. Communication channels should start to clear up, and return to previous levels of capability... So the mornings' prayers for CC are tinged with extra hope. Know you're in our hearts, and on our minds, CC, and hurry home!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarletbreasted View Post

sb
    Well, for those that are interested, here is a link to an interview that I am going to dial in and listen to tonight. The free program will be live at 11 am Central, with a replay being available for 24 hours after that. Today's program, by Lloyd Burrell who is very EMF sensitive, like me:

Interview today: STOP 5G where you live

Today Thursday, 21st November at 12 noon EST (9 AM PST or 5 PM GMT) I’m interviewing Susan Clarke.

Susan is a leading environmental health activist who testifies to governments and debates industry experts with irrefutable research and has authored legislation to prohibit 5G.

To connect with this FREE interview go to this page at the designated time: https://www.electricsenseinterviews1...ree-interview/ (there's also a FREE 24-hour replay).

Listen to my interview with Susan Clarke and discover:
    •how brain tumors, cancers and neurological problems from cell phones cannot happen if the infrastructure is stopped out of the gate—this is the ABSOLUTE key to stopping 5G & she shares how to do this
    •how a document that she wrote in 1997 remains 'the strongest legal scientific consensus document in the world on EMFs' and has the power to beat the telecoms at their own game— you can get your own copy from her for free
    •how you can go to your municipality with the same petition she wrote in 1997 to stop cell tower infrastructures from being erected in your town
    •how municipal officials want to do the right thing—Susan's solution (which she's sharing freely) empowers them to do that
    •the Nº1 thing NOT to say when you are contesting a cell tower installation in your neighborhood (she has a list of about 50 things not to say)
    •why we have to look beyond the engineering perspective of radio frequency microwave radiation to understand what it does to our biology—she shares a 6 minute Youtube video which summarises all this
    •how they're now planning on launching 42,000 satellites with antennas into the atmosphere for 5G (previously we were told it was going to be 20,000)
    •how Susan has authored legislation to stop 5G in all 50 states and at the federal level and she has already helped stop or limit 5G in at least 3 states
    •the overlooked geoengineering weather modification and directed energy weapons aspect of 5G (she shares where you can access the documents where you can back this up)
    •why the FCC guidelines were FRAUDULENT from the outset— shocking I know, but she has the evidence to prove this assertion and has proved it in front of the chair of the committee himself
    •how the first study that directly applies to 5G and it's adverse bio-effects dates back to 1927 and subsequent Russian studies in the 30s and 40s (which few people are aware of) back this up
    •how the World Health Organization used the term 'hyper' in their definition of someone who reacts to EMFs to deliberately discredit the condition
    •how it was only when Susan hit rock bottom and was at her sickest that she discovered her true spiritual mission which also fuelled her recovery

https://www.electricsenseinterviews1...ree-interview/
    https://safeg.net/home A Safe Alternative to Harmful 5G Wireless

Matthew 10:17 But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues; 18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles. 19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.