Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

BRKG Pat Sajak has emergency surgery; Vanna to fill in.
+ Reply to Thread

2 Pat Sajak has emergency surgery; Vanna to fill in.

Wheel of Fortune's Pat Sajak Recovering From Emergency Surgery; Vanna White to Host in His Absence

While Pat Sajak recovers from emergency surgery, Vanna White will host Wheel of Fortune

November 08, 2019 06:09 PM

Longtime Wheel of Fortune host Pat Sajak, 73, has had to undergo emergency surgery for a blocked intestine, the show’s reps tell PEOPLE.

While the longtime host is expected to be fine, Thursday’s taping of the show, which is now in its 37th season, was canceled.

“The Wheel of Fortune taping on Thursday was canceled because host Pat Sajak underwent successful emergency surgery to correct a blocked intestine,” the show posted to its social media channels. “He is resting comfortably and looking forward to getting back to work. Taping resumed today as scheduled, and Vanna White has stepped in a host.”

On Nov. 4, Sajak was in great health and spirits as he joined White, 62, and Jeopardy! host Alex Trebek, 79, to celebrate their longtime producer and friend Harry Friedman, who was receiving a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Speaking of his friend Friedman, Sajak told PEOPLE, “He makes every member of the staff feels invested in the show… he’s just a caring guy and he knows what he wants and he’s not a pushover. There’s always a good reason for what he does and he always has the show and the audience in mind. He’s just a great guy.”

Sajak added of Friedman, who will retire this year after 25 years working on both shows, “I’m mostly going to miss being around a contemporary because he’s my age. Between rounds, I go over and we made stupid jokes and references that no one else would get under 60. So I’m going to miss that…I’ll just be talking to myself.”

Pat Sajak has been hosting Wheel of Fortune, which is the longest-running syndicated game show in the U.S., since 1982. The show taped its 7,000th episode in May of last year.

RELATED: Vanna White Says Wheel of Fortune Fans Helped Her Cope After Tragic Death of Her Fiancé

In a recent PEOPLE article, Vanna White said that she and Sajak had never had a fight after nearly four decades of working together. “Well, once,” she said, referring to an argument over whether one should put ketchup on a hot dog. Sajak, who is originally from Chicago, is against the practice.

The game show host has been married to Lesly Sajak, a photographer, since 1989, and the couple has two children, son Patrick, 29, and daughter Maggie, 25.

https://people.com/tv/wheel-of-fortu...gency-surgery/
    So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

I watch Wheel and Jeopardy all the time............
    Attached Images

Guess who took over the AFVN radio microphone when DJ Adrian Cronauer (as in Good Morning Vietnam) rotated to a new assignment?

Yep. Get well soon, Pat...
    ===============

https://www.uso.org/stories/283-whee...-as-an-army-dj

Saturday, Jun 7, 2014
    Pat Sajak Vietnam Vet Recounts His Army DJ Days before 'Wheel of Fortune'

By Pat Sajak

“Good morning Vietnam!”
    It was a phrase I shouted virtually every weekday at 6 a.m. from the studios of the American Forces Vietnam Network in Saigon between October 1968 and December 1969. I wasn’t the first to use those memorable words—that was Adrian Cronauer, who was famously portrayed by Robin Williams—but that became the signature sign-on of every early-morning DJ on AFVN.

Before I was Pat Sajak of ‘Wheel of Fortune,’ I was Pat Sajak Vietnam DJ - I was an Army Spc. 5th class who had joined the service, been trained as a clerk typist, was sent to Vietnam as a finance clerk. After repeated attempts, I had been transferred to Saigon to be a disc jockey, as I had been in civilian life. The Army can work in mysterious ways.

A soldier, left, celebrates as Wheel of Fortune host Pat Sajak reveals the $30,000 prize the Army contestant won on the TV show. | Photo credit Photo by Carol Kaelson
    Pat Sajak Vietnam Vet: from Army DJ to 'Wheel of Fortune’

I used to feel a bit guilty about my relatively “soft” duty. After all, I was billeted in a hotel, and there were plenty of nice restaurants around. But I always felt a little better when I met guys who came into town from the field and thanked us for bringing them a little bit of home. I always thought it was strange that they should be thanking me, given what so many of them were going through on a daily basis. But they reminded me of the importance of providing entertainment to those who serve — something the USO knows very well. To this day, my fellow vets from that era repeat those thank-yous, and it’s really very humbling.

My respect for those who serve has stayed with me throughout my life, and my time in the military—particularly my time in Vietnam — are among those things in my life of which I’m most proud.

On “Wheel of Fortune,“ my favorite weeks are those which feature military personnel. We’ve also had Military Families Week to honor those at home whose sacrifices are often overlooked. Even when we don’t have special military-themed weeks, many of our players are members of the armed services. And I’m happy to report that, in terms of ratings and audience feedback, our viewers seem to enjoy and appreciate that fact. As a Vietnam vet, I’m especially gratified to see a change in the way veterans of that war are perceived and appreciated.

Pat Sajak’s secret of entertainment
    While I am proud of my service, there was one small incident that fills me with more than a little bit of embarrassment. I haven’t told this story often, but I thought this might be a good time to unburden myself of this terrible secret. It happened during Christmastime in 1969.

President Richard Nixon had taken office in January of that year, and he was preparing to make his first holiday address to the nation as president of the United States. In those days, there was no technology to allow for live television coverage to Southeast Asia, so the address was delivered to us by radio. Because of the time difference, Nixon’s prime-time address was to take place during my morning show.

Pat Sajak, as a young enlisted soldier in Vietnam.

The process was a simple one. While I was playing records—yes, records—and delivering snappy patter, I was monitoring CBS News through a pair of headsets. When it came time for the president to start his speech, I would hear him being introduced through those headsets. Right on schedule, the CBS announcer began his introduction and I broke into the music I was playing to announce in the most important tone I could muster, “We now go to Washington for an address by President Nixon. Ladies and gentlemen, the president of the United States.”

All was going well. I flipped a switch to bring the CBS feed to radios throughout Vietnam, and the president began his speech. I don’t remember much about what he said, but it was effective and occasionally moving, and by the time he was wrapping up, I felt he had done a very nice job. When he came to the end and began shuffling the papers in front of him, I flipped the switch in the other direction and, again, in my best announcer’s voice, I told everyone they had been listening to the commander in chief, and then it was back to the business of entertainment.
    After I started the next record, I wanted to hear what the CBS announcers back home were saying about the speech we had just heard. Since we didn’t carry the post-speech analysis, I flipped back to the CBS feed in the studio where, to my horror, I discovered that they weren’t discussing the speech - the president was still speaking!

Merry Christmas from Richard Nixon
    Apparently, what I deemed to be the close to the speech was merely an effective pause, and Nixon’s paper shuffling was nothing more than a short break. To make matters worse, I heard Nixon say, “And now I’d like to speak directly to the men and women serving our country in Vietnam.”

To say the least, I had a quick decision to make. Should I jump back on the air, and confess that I had cut off the leader of the free world in the middle of his address, or should I just keep playing music and hope for the best? It was as if a little angel was perched on one shoulder with a little devil on the other. The angel, of course, was right. The president was speaking and it was my duty to reconnect him. But, I had to admit that the devil was making some good points. His main argument went like this: Because the CBS feed was coming directly into the AFVN studio, and I was the only one monitoring it, I was literally the only human being in the world who realized that the people the president thought he was speaking to couldn’t actually hear him. So, really, what was the harm?

True, he was sending holiday greetings to the troops and promising to bring them home soon, but they were already listening to the 1910 Fruitgum Company singing “1, 2, 3 Red Light.” Heck, now I’d be cutting off that fine song in the middle, and two wrongs don’t make a right, do they? And by the time I explained what had happened, he might be finished anyway. In short, the devil made me not do it.

It is with pain and embarrassment that I confess the secret of my Pat Sajak Vietnam DJ Days - that my comrades in Vietnam never heard the president’s words to them back in 1969. So, very belatedly, I want you all to know that Richard M. Nixon wishes you a very merry Christmas.

There - I feel better.

Pat Sajak Vietnam war veteran and host of “Wheel of Fortune,” highlights the USO’s commitment to bringing entertainment and a reminder of home to American service members around the world. You can send a message of support and thanks directly to service members via the USO’s Campaign to Connect. Your messages will appear on screens at USO locations around the world.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Sorry, but someone messed up. Pat Sajak cannot be 73 years old.
    Better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war.

Quote Originally Posted by bw View Post
    Yeah, just what I was thinking too!

Quote Originally Posted by bw View Post
    Transposition no doubt. Pat's about 37.
    This might hurt a little.

Pat Sajak was born on October 26, 1946 in Chicago, Illinois, USA as Patrick Leonard Sajdak.
    -- https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0756929/bio
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

From Wiki...
    Pat Sajak is an American television personality, former weatherman, and talk show host, best known as the host of the American television game show Wheel of Fortune. Wikipedia
    Born: October 26, 1946 (age 73 years), Chicago, IL

And this week was another military veterans week on Wheel of Fortune.

Get well, Pat. Hope everything turns out great for him. He is one of us, you know.

48:52 long https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghBxrVFZ-2Q&t=3s
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."

While Vanna is hosting, who will be turning letters?
    You need years of training for that job. And an appearance in Playboy.
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    It’s a real pisser when your belief system gets T-boned by reality.
    I’m not afraid of dying...I just don’t want to be there!
    ...sell your cloak, and buy a sword...Second Amendment 1.0