Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

OT/MISC Green Bay girl shoots 2 bucks with 1 arrow in Door County
+ Reply to Thread

Green Bay girl shoots 2 bucks with 1 arrow in Door County

https://fox11online.com/news/local/l...in-door-county

Green Bay girl shoots 2 bucks with 1 arrow in Door County
    Ben Krumholz, FOX 11 News
    2-3 minutes

Matiah Christensen, 14, shot two bucks with one arrow in Door County on October 25, 2019. (Photo credit: Melanie Christensen)

GREEN BAY, Wis. (WLUK) -- A 14-year-old Green Bay girl had the shot of a lifetime recently while deer hunting just north of Sturgeon Bay. She shot two bucks with just one arrow.

“I did not think I got both of them at first,” said Matiah Christensen, an eighth grade student at St. Bernard Catholic School. “I was like in shock.”

One of the deer, Christensen initially wanted nothing to do with.

“A 3-pointer walked out and we were like 'OK, it's a buck, but it's really small,'” said Christensen. “So, we waited for it to go by.”

More than an hour later, it returned with a few does and an eight-point buck.

“When I had it in aim, I shot and we didn't know if I hit anything because they all ran in different directions,” said Christensen.

Christensen followed a blood trail, only to find the three-pointer she had passed up.

“I was like disappointed because I didn't want to shoot that and that would have been an awful shot if I missed the eight-pointer and got the three-pointer because it was not even close,” said Christensen.

Finding another blood trail, in the opposite direction, Christensen found what she was looking for.

“There was a long blood trail so we figured it must have went through the eight-pointer and deflected off a rib and sliced the three-pointer's neck,” said Christensen.

“You had to see it to believe it,” said John Christensen, Matiah’s father. “You can see how it happened -- and that is two more bucks than I ever shot in my life.”

“People are saying like you hit your peak pretty young and I don't think you're going to be able to top that and stuff, but I'll still keep hunting,” said Matiah.

With just one tag, Christensen kept the eight-pointer. The state Department of Natural Resources let her keep the antlers from the three-pointer and she plans to display both with the arrow she used.
    Attached Images

Nicely done,young lady.I would be much obliged to know the make and model of your crossbow.

GGK
    "You want your bubbles in your champagne glass , not in your portfolio. "
    THE DAILY PFENING

Wow! That’s pretty cool, good on that young girl! Sharing this story with my bow-hunter brothers
    All that is gold does not glitter....

I love that grin!
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

great. love to see young people enjoy hunting.

Two for one...

Puts her in the same company as Chris Kyle...
    Deo adjuvante non timendum - With God Helping, Nothing is to be Feared
    "You are like a pit-bull..." - Dennis Olson
    "No man knows but that the last backward glance over his shoulder may be his last look, forever." - Ernie Pyle Born: 1900 KIA: 1945 Shima, Okinawa

The state Department of Natural Resources let her keep the antlers from the three-pointer

My, how very generous of them. Wish she could get to AL ...
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Way to go young lady.... You will have a story that none of the guys around you will ever duplicate....

One in a million shot with a bow.... Congratulations....

------------------------

I did a large project in the Austin area and ran across an ad posted in a little store west of Austin where a lady needed her deer herd thinned.... Called her and she said ok, but no rifles. Called the DS to come down with his bow.... The DS came to Austin from Dallas late evening with his bow and two arrows....

We went to the lady's home and she went out to her back gate that backed up to woods.... She took the heavy steel pot she was carrying and threw out some corn and then beat on the gate post with the pan and told us to wait a few minutes and the deer would show up and they did.... Dead eye DS took aim with his bow and missed with the first arrow, then he missed with his second arrow.... The DS said he did bring his Ruger Black Hawk 44 (a previous Christmas present)....

I asked the lady if the DS could use his pistol and she said ok....

Now dead eye DS took aim and dropped a deer and when the deer came back he dropped a second deer.... Off to the woods in the dark, we went and dressed the deer.... We cut out the back strap and the DW, the DS and I took them to the lady and found out that her DH had terminal cancer and loved venison.... Made us happy to able to help...

Sometimes life works as it should....

Do remind the DS when needed that his bow work is not as good as pistol work.... The DS gives me that look that says: DADDDDD....

God guides our paths to do good....

Texican....

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    great. love to see young people enjoy hunting.

deer hunting up in WI is a real family affair ...
    Illini Warrior

Lady Warrior good job!!

Quote Originally Posted by 223shootersc View Post
    Lady Warrior good job!!
    Ayup

She may need those mad skillz for the most dangerous game.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable