Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

INSANITY MD County First in US to Ban "Hairstyle-Based Discrimination"
+ Reply to Thread

18 MD County First in US to Ban "Hairstyle-Based Discrimination"

Maryland county 1st in U.S. to ban hairstyle-based discrimination

Nov. 8 (UPI) — A Maryland county has become the first in the United States to ban discrimination based on hairstyle — following similar laws passed this year in other municipalities.

Montgomery County passed the ban Wednesday, by a vote of 30-19, following outcry from African-American and Latino residents who say they have experienced discrimination based on their hair.

The Creating a Respectful and Open World for Natural Hair, or CROWN, law makes it illegal to discriminate against a person with a “protective hairstyle” — like those “necessitated by, or resulting from, the immutable characteristics of a hair texture associated with race.”

“This bill will say with a resounding voice that discrimination on the basis of natural hair is race discrimination,” councilor Will Jawando, a co-sponsor of the bill, said.

“This bill is another step forward for advancing racial equity in Montgomery County,” councilor Nancy Navarro said. “Employees should not have to fear retaliation for simply choosing a hairstyle, nor should anyone be denied access to vital services in their day-to-day lives based solely on their hairstyle.

“We are tolerant and welcoming community, and this legislation is designed to reinforce that fact at the structural level.”

Under the law, violators could be fined up to $5,000.

At a recent public hearing in the suburban Washington, D.C., county, some women said they’ve had employers who pressured them to change their hairstyles.

“People are being demoted, being harassed, losing professional advancement because of their natural hair and also some real psychological consequences to this form of discrimination,” law professor Wendy Green said.

Similar legislation was passed earlier this year in New York and California, but Montgomery is the first U.S. county to enact such a statute. Other jurisdictions in Illinois, Michigan, New Jersey, Tennessee and Wisconsin are considering similar laws.

https://www.breitbart.com/news/maryl...iscrimination/

Hmmm... what in HELL does this even mean?

law makes it illegal to discriminate against a person with a “protective hairstyle” — like those “necessitated by, or resulting from, the immutable characteristics of a hair texture associated with race.”
    Summerthyme

Hmmm...monkey county. Figures. Pretty state, but damned liberals ruined it. And now Virginia too. I’m gettin too old for this chit.

What are they going to do when a hairstyle doesn't comport with sanitation or safety standards? There are quite a few jobs where that could be an issue.

This from the same people who told us in no uncertain terms that a bowl cut is synonymous with white supremacy...

If blacks can use straighteners, then curly is not immutable. Problem solved.
    Better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war.

Everybody has a protective hairstyle, seems like it's going back to the crap long haired hippies stuff of the late 60s.

no touching, no grooming standards, no guns
    we are doomed
    Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap, which have neither storehouse nor barn; and God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than a pesky raven?
    It is difficult to stand idly by and watch the vacuum of ignorance being filled with lies

Quote Originally Posted by raven View Post
    we are doomed
    Don't forget about no plastic straws!

next we will have single payer hair care
    Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap, which have neither storehouse nor barn; and God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than a pesky raven?
    It is difficult to stand idly by and watch the vacuum of ignorance being filled with lies

The Creating a Respectful and Open World for Natural Hair, or CROWN, law makes it illegal to discriminate against a person with a “protective hairstyle” — like those “necessitated by, or resulting from, the immutable characteristics of a hair texture associated with race.”

The democraps are at it again to put out insane laws to protect the protected classes that need no protection....

Texican....

I can see how it would be hard to get a hair net over this.

Health Department rules, ya know.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Don't be pickin' on these weirdos!

Virtue signal.

Next it will be to ban discrimination based on political outlook.

HAR, HAR, HORSELAUGH.

Sorry. I mirth myself sometimes.

Everyone knows there is only one political outlook - the rest of you are deplorable and shouldn't be allowed to waste valuable oxygen.

A perfectly defensible conclusion - according to some.

Dobbin
    I hinnire propter hoc ecce ego

Bernie will be the first to go with "Free hairstyles for all"

is bald a hairstyle?

if so

then I am it

Oh. My. Gosh! Some of those "styles"!

I looked up "protective hairstyle". It apparently is a *long term* style where the hair is braided, woven tucked and sewn to keep the ends "protected" from drying out by keeping them tucked against the scalp. Ok, so far... meh. Whatever.

But if you read further, these styles aren't washed or changed for WEEKS. They're expensive, so women tend to stretch the time between salon visits as long as possible. Which can result in MOLD, scalp infections, insect infestations...

Oookay! I guess I can understand why there may have been some "discrimination"! I can only imagine the smell after 3-4 weeks! And yes, I'd imagine they can't be hygienic enough for occupations in food service or healthcare.

Summerthyme

It's monkey county, and it's Maryland. What does one expect? Common sense?

This stupid law means if dindu nuffin works at a McDonalds and has a fro 5 feet tall (and won't fit under a hair net) then he can't be discriminated against if he/she/it were a cook, say.

I had the misfortune to work monkey co Wednesday, to cover for someone out sick. Same stupid county, same ignorant people. And you have to pay 5 cents extra just to get a shopping bag at the store!

The county exec, Mark Elrich has been in a scandal this week. Someone made a "thin blue line" wooden flag for the Gaithersburg district PD station. Mr. Ignorant Elrich told them they could not hang it in the station because it might offend people IE the ****** trash. Their RINO governor weighed in on it today but the flag still cannot hang in the station. And tonight the same ignorant county swears in a new police chief, who also chimed in and said the flag was offensive. GTR people, GTR.....

Fence the state in and carpet bomb it! Then send another strike pack to take out Richmond, VA. The same stupid sh*t is heading this way now. We need to contain this communist/democrat virus, it's more insidious and just as fatal as ebola!

[QUOTE=raven;7461952]Bernie will be the first to go with "Free hairstyles for all"[/QUOT

I saw a picture of Bernie in the role of the Dos Equis guy with the caption "I don't often comb my hair, but when I do, I use a balloon".

Quote Originally Posted by summerthyme View Post
    Oh. My. Gosh! Some of those "styles"!

I looked up "protective hairstyle". It apparently is a *long term* style where the hair is braided, woven tucked and sewn to keep the ends "protected" from drying out by keeping them tucked against the scalp. Ok, so far... meh. Whatever.

But if you read further, these styles aren't washed or changed for WEEKS. They're expensive, so women tend to stretch the time between salon visits as long as possible. Which can result in MOLD, scalp infections, insect infestations...

Oookay! I guess I can understand why there may have been some "discrimination"! I can only imagine the smell after 3-4 weeks! And yes, I'd imagine they can't be hygienic enough for occupations in food service or healthcare.

Summerthyme
    Speaking of which, there's a video on Youtube entitled "that's not dandruff". WARNING: the video is so sickening, nauseating and disgusting, I'm not linking to it.
    I still feel sick just thinking about it, even though it's been several years since I saw it. Don't watch it if you are squeamish, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by blackjeep View Post
    Speaking of which, there's a video on Youtube entitled "that's not dandruff". WARNING: the video is so sickening, nauseating and disgusting, I'm not linking to it.
    I still feel sick just thinking about it, even though it's been several years since I saw it. Don't watch it if you are squeamish, at all.
    You think that's bad Google Mango worms. Frelling nightmare!
    Recently a friend told me I am delusional, I almost fell off my Unicorn!

Learning the trades in the early 80s, I had to clean up(and often rebuild)the rent houses in the black naighborhoods.

Where ever there was a couch, bed or chair that was placed against a wall, that wall had up to a 1/2 inch of hair gease on it. It was easier many times just to pull the sheetrock off the walls than to try to clean and save the existing sheetrock or paneling. That stuff is nasty. In some houses I shoveled wheelbarrows of nasty stuff out that was half unidentified crap and half cockroaches, maggots, etc..

I recall a time when stopping at a McD's along the Baltimore Beltway, saw an interesting hat on an order taker. As I got up closer, was shocked to see that it was actually her hair. I can't imagine the hygiene issues.
    My Mate Winston

East of The Democratic Peoples Republic of Tucson
    When I behold something that has 'dreads' that have felted, I keep my distance.
    Fleas can jump amazing (appalling?) distances.
    Only cure I know of - buzz cut and insecticidal shampoo.

By the way NOT exclusive to darker skinned folks!

Randy in Arizona

Participating in a gun buy back because you believe that the criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you believe that the neighbors have too many kids.

Arguing with a libtard is like playing chess with a pigeon...it'll just knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious.

Quote Originally Posted by raven View Post
    we are doomed

Yep and it's only the beginning. Hell many here have already bought in partially.
    It's going to get worse if www.flippable.org gets their way and manages to flip Florida, Texas, Georgia, Ohio, North Carolina and Pennsylvania. They are already organized to do this and are supporting certain strategic goals to flip the state legislatures in those states. Probably one of Soros's pet projects.
    “I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.”
    D. H. Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbin View Post
    Virtue signal.

Next it will be to ban discrimination based on political outlook.

HAR, HAR, HORSELAUGH.

Sorry. I mirth myself sometimes.
    (equine plus-sized, of course) Depends® are useful for those days when one mirths themselves . . .

intothegoodnight
    "Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

— Dylan Thomas, "Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night"