Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

INSANITY Woman accuses man of "herding" her after tapping her shoulder in shop line
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Woman accuses man of "herding" her after tapping her shoulder in shop line

Woman accuses a man of trying to 'HERD' her after he tapped her on the shoulder in a coffee shop queue - as others slam strangers who 'touch people they don't know'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ding-them.html

• Women from across the UK are slamming men for touching them in public
    • Katy Davies, from London, slammed a man for pointing her to a queue in Pret
    • Laura, from Aberdeen, had 'a meltdown' when she thought she'd been touched
    • Turned out it was not a stranger's hand touching her knee, but a dog's nose

Infuriated women are slamming strangers for touching them in public, with one even accusing men of trying to 'herd' her around.
    Katy Davies, from London, criticised a man online for tapping her while in the queue in Pret and pointing toward a till which was free.
    She tweeted: 'A man just tapped me on the shoulder from behind in the queue in Pret to point me to the free till I was already on my way to. I said this to him and I'll say it to anyone who needs to hear it: "Stop trying to herd women.'
    And it appears Katy isn't the only person who finds men touching her in public offensive, but another woman, from Aberdeen, revealing she had 'a meltdown' in public when she mistook a nudging dog's nose for a man's hand on her knee.

+4

Katy Davies, from London, took to Twitter to slam a stranger for touching her in Pret and revealed she had told him to 'stop herding women'

n her tweet, Katy slammed the man for tapping her on the shoulder to point her to a till that she 'was already on the way to.'
    She scolded him, and said she would do the same to others, revealing she warned him: 'Stop trying to herd women.'

Meanwhile Laura, from Aberdeen, said she was similarly offended by people trying to touch her in public.
    She said: 'When you just about have a meltdown because a stranger touched your knee in the middle of the street...and then you realise it was actually a dog's nose.'

+4

Katy, pictured right, revealed she had scolded the man and warned him not to 'herd women' after he pointed her to a free till in Pret

Emma Jane, whose location is unknown, said there was absolutely no circumstances she thought it was acceptable for people to touch one another in the street.
    She said: 'Second day in a row a stranger has approached me and touched me on the street. THERE IS ACTUALLY NO REASON TO TOUCH SOMEONE YOU DONT KNOW. Is there a way to say this more plainly?'
    Another person said they were shocked when a man touched their leg in order to ask them to move an inconveniently placed bag.
    Anna Fearon, whose location is unknown, hashtagged her post with #EverydaySexism, saying: 'A few weeks ago, I was sitting on the train and the man opposite me felt the need to touch my knee to get my attention to move my bag.'

+4

Katy revealed her annoyance online and said she would say the same to 'anyone who needs to hear it'

Meanwhile Lauren Cox, from New York, said she was frustrated someone had asked for her help by touching her.
    She said: 'When you can't hear someone talking to you because you are wearing headphones so they touch you.
    'Why? Does no one else have ears or answers? Am I the one sole person left to help you? Please don't touch me with your stranger fingers. Bye.'
    Meanwhile Rose Stokes, from London, also branded two men sexist for tapping her and starting a conversation.

+4

Other women have also taken to Twitter to share their annoyance at being touched by strangers, including one who said she'd had a 'meltdown' after mistaking a dog's nose for a man's hand

She said: 'Today in the latest episode of the patriarchy, I was doing my wraps for boxing on the tube, when two men I didn't know and who also didn't know each other felt the need to tap me and mansplain wrapping to me. I'd almost finished at this point.'
    One woman, called Holly, from Manchester, said she was glad she stood up for herself when a man touched her during the commute.
    She said: 'I remember one Friday night, getting on a train at Manchester Piccadilly quite late in the evening and the guy behind me felt I wasn't moving quick enough so put his hand on my lower back to hurry me up. I turned around and loudly told him to get his hands off me.'
    'He jumped back, I don't think he expected a reaction. Then I got the typical reply of 'Calm down' and 'you're overreacting'. He'd been drinking (not an excuse) and was with a friend and I think his ego was bruised.'
    float like a butterfly...

I touch strangers routinely, both men and women, and get nothing but positive responses. I gave my neighbor a big hug yesterday, and he didn't mind a bit.

If the toxic ones would wear a sign, that would be a help.
    Better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war.

Miserable bitch.

Katy, pictured right, revealed she had scolded the man and warned him not to 'herd women' after he pointed her to a free till in Pret....

Herding women is like trying to herd cats.... Does not work....

Texican....

I had a woman online "womansplain" technical comments I had made to a man engineer who was a husband of a new weaver. She felt that he would take them as an invitation to weave and semi-apologized for them. As you know, I am fully capable of making logical and articulate comments. I felt she was very patronizing and said so. My comments were not as she had emotionally contextualized. (Eat that bitch.)
    "During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by bw View Post
    I touch strangers routinely, both men and women, and get nothing but positive responses. I gave my neighbor a big hug yesterday, and he didn't mind a bit.

If the toxic ones would wear a sign, that would be a help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo 5 View Post
    Miserable bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texican View Post
    Herding women is like trying to herd cats.... Does not work....
    Texican....
    The above 3 comments are total absolute truth.

Quote Originally Posted by marsh View Post
    I had a woman online "womansplain" technical comments I had made to a man engineer who was a husband of a new weaver. She felt that he would take them as an invitation to weave and semi-apologized for them. As you know, I am fully capable of making logical and articulate comments. I felt she was very patronizing and said so. My comments were not as she had emotionally contextualized. (Eat that bitch.)
    Marsh summed it up nicely. Don't patronize. whether man or woman. Womansplain, Mansplain, are just trigger words designed for emotional response.
    The comments of the women in the OP show they are going through life with a chip on their shoulder. Probably the type to insult a man that holds a door open for them or offers them his chair, after they take advantage of the gesture.

As far as the woman getting upset by a man tapping her on the shoulder for not moving in line, I think the guy showed great restraint...
    My line waiting etiquette was learned by a life in the military. When the line moves, you move, or someone will move your ass for you.
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.
    D. H. Lawrence

Still........ I would prefer that strangers do not put their hands on me.

So don't do it.
    So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

A contrarian opinion: how about not touching people, especially from behind? I was raised to keep my hands to myself (big family) and that was one way to keep all the kids behaving. Exceptions apply of course: unavoidable jostling in crowded spaces such as elevators, subways, buses, etc. A polite handshake upon greeting is good. But otherwise, keep your hands to yourself. I consider it to be highly disrespectful to touch someone without their permission and once that social boundary is broken then I get to respond back however I like.

Without first obtaining permission, hugs, backslaps, arm wrangling, friendly wrasslin' and so on, are *out*. More than once I've told someone: "You touch me again, and I'm going to touch you back and you won't like it". Yes, I've been called "Francis" before (Stripes movie reference) and I'm no fun at parties which is why I don't go to them any more.

So -- No Touchy in polite society. I interpret any touching outside of the rules above as a potential threat and try to deal with it appropriately while managing the adrenaline dump. Kinda see the point of the woman in the article, and I'll bet she's been assaulted before.

Folks with control issues, have difficulty with relationships.
    JOHN 3:16 / John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you FREE.

Quote Originally Posted by JF&P View Post
    Folks with control issues, have difficulty with relationships.
    I agree with Teneo. Also, a stranger is not a relationship.

yea, right on, you are woman, watch you roar
    unless it is Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, or Joe Biden.
    Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap, which have neither storehouse nor barn; and God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than a pesky raven?
    It is difficult to stand idly by and watch the vacuum of ignorance being filled with lies

Lesbian

Quote Originally Posted by mzkitty View Post

So don't do it.
    Oh, poor fuc*ing you.
    "How could it have come to this.. an army of rabble... [spit]PEASANTS[/spit]... everything WILL change -- everything HAS changed - England's "General Cornwallis" - from "The Patriot"

Quote Originally Posted by dawnbringr View Post
    Oh, poor fuc*ing you.
    Drop dead, you mangy mutt.

So don't do it.
    Sorry but in society there are certain norms and they even vary from country to country. I prefer not shaking hands casually with people either, but my personal snowflake feelings don't trump societal norms.
    Here in the US tapping someone on the shoulder when they are talking on their phone or otherwise occupied and not paying attention to the 10 ft gap in the line ahead of them is considered acceptable and not assault.
    In fact it's a down right polite way of telling them to get their head out of their ass and wake up.
    Maybe next time it happens when I'm standing behind someone, instead of politely tapping them on the shoulder and waking them up from their trance, I should just yell as loud as I can, "Hey lady, move your butt, you're holding everyone else up".

Maybe some day societal norms will change, but right now such behavior is considered normal and even polite in normal social interaction.
    In court, jabbing your finger into someone's chest or grabbing them is considered assault. Tapping them on the shoulder from behind to wake them to the fact that the line has moved, is not.
    Last edited by TerryK; 11-08-2019 at 01:53 AM.
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.
    D. H. Lawrence

Drop dead, you mangy mutt.

I've been called a LOT worse by a LOT less.
    "How could it have come to this.. an army of rabble... [spit]PEASANTS[/spit]... everything WILL change -- everything HAS changed - England's "General Cornwallis" - from "The Patriot"

Quote Originally Posted by dawnbringr View Post

I've been called a LOT worse by a LOT less.
    As I remember, you've tried to provoke me in the past.

You're nobody to me, so just knock your shit off and get a grip. I haven't done anything to you, so try to have more than one fly-blown thought in your brain pan.
    Attached Images

KIDS!!!

Don't make me turn this forum around and take you all home!!

Quote Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
    Here in the US tapping someone on the shoulder when they are talking on their phone or otherwise occupied and not paying attention to the 10 ft gap in the line ahead of them is considered acceptable and not assault.
    In fact it's a down right polite way of telling them to get their head out of their ass and wake up.
    Exactly. If people can't handle something as simple as that, they need to stay home and cower in a corner. Good Lord.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I, YHWH, change not." ~ our Creator

Dawnbringr won’t be bothering anyone for 10 days.

OK so some inconsiderate jerk has their head up their ass with their phone, MP3 player or what ever. God forbid that you lightly tap their shoulder to bring them back to reality. Instead I suggest s small air horn to get their attention and then point in the right direction. No touching, no speaking, nothing for them to complain about.
    I don't want to. I'm not going to. You can't make me. I'm retired!

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

People need to have boundaries. Many people don't want strangers or people that they don't know well getting too close, especially a touch.

I don't like people in my personal bubble, especially in today's climate. Maybe my PTSD has something to do with it, but maybe not- I was like that before, I think.

I do watch a lot of crime shows- makes a person real situationally aware.
    https://safeg.net/home A Safe Alternative to Harmful 5G Wireless

Matthew 10:17 But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues; 18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles. 19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.

South Louisiana near New Orleans by the Mississippi River
    I'm curious. What if a woman tapped her on the shoulder to make her aware of an empty cashier? Would that be considered "herding" as well? I've done that before just to be nice but maybe I won't any more if it's considered "abusive" to touch in any way shape or form. I'll just zip around and take the freed-up cashier myself if theyre too involved to notice!!!

(Just kidding. I'm not going to let stupid, ridiculous, PC culture rule me or my life!)

**** your personal space. YOU violated that rule as soon as you stepped into a queue.
    you further violated your "personal space" by not following the rule of "the queue" - keep your fat ass moving
    by violating the queue rules, you sent an open invitation to others in the queue to violate your ****ing don't touch me rule.
    Keep the queue moving or be violated.
    the rule of the queue supersedes the personal bubble rule.

you should be aware that there are many, many situations where you forfeit your personal bubble.
    Getting on a bus, getting on the subway, going to Disney land, going to the grocery store, getting your hair quaffed, getting a pedicure,
    Epstein didn't kill himself
    so don't give me this shit about YOUR bubble, that is just an excuse for being a bitch

Baseball games, Football Games, Basketball games, concerts, movie theaters - you don't see people standing up and screaming like invasion of the body snatchers "HEEEEEEE touched me"
    Last edited by raven; 11-08-2019 at 07:45 AM.
    Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap, which have neither storehouse nor barn; and God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than a pesky raven?
    It is difficult to stand idly by and watch the vacuum of ignorance being filled with lies

Well, if I ever see Katie on a side walk not paying attention, and about to walk in front of a moving bus, I will have to remember not to touch her. I would not want to invade her personal space as she gets turned into a grease spot.

Get a border collie.
    Much better at herding than I am

Quote Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
    Well, if I ever see Katie on a side walk not paying attention, and about to walk in front of a moving bus, I will have to remember not to touch her. I would not want to invade her personal space as she gets turned into a grease spot.

it works both ways doesn't it ... Perfect. But she might have been trying to step in front of that car

It's a cultural thing to a great extent. Europe may have changed a lot in the past 20 years, although I never figured Britain was part of European culture...much more stilted. But used to be anyway....a lady riding the train, bus, or standing in line in Italy or France? Prepare to get a thorough physical exam at some point from one of the men in close proximity. They were crafty devils.

I never touch someone in public whom I do not know. Had I been in that situation, *I* would have moved to the empty line. Too bad so sad for her. Bitch.

So don't do it.

i agree for the most part, but there are exceptions or addendums to this rule of no touching or invading personal space.

a tap on the shoulder or arm to alert you to something is very much different than someone full hand touching your arm and lingering or lightly rubbing your arm. that is way not cool with me. terry is correct about the societal norms. it is and was the polite way of handling this situation.
    float like a butterfly...

Was it Joe Biden who was doing the touching?

I had the personal space thingy with my PTSD. A year or two worth of fight training actually cured most of that. In one exercise, we had to stand with our eyes closed and someone would tap you on the shoulder, sometimes to say hello, other times to attack you. Being able to discriminate whether there is an actual threat, is a useful tool. Gets the auto reaction out of the lower brain with sufficient training.
    My Mate Winston

So don't do it.
    This^^^ touch me without my permission and you’re likely to get a fist in your piehole!
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

I agree with Teneo. Also, a stranger is not a relationship.
    Agreed on all points made!
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

Also, a stranger is not a relationship.
    And not all touches are assaults. If you're interpreting every touch by a stranger as an assault, you might be well served by rethinking.
    Better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war.

Quote Originally Posted by bw View Post
    And not all touches are assaults. If you're interpreting every touch by a stranger as an assault, you might be well served by rethinking.
    It's not assault but it is disrespectful... unless your a deaf mute don't be rude and touch someone without permission, say something instead! I know a lot of folks who wear earbuds who aren't listening to anything, they simply want to be left alone.

As far as women go, there could be past situations in her life, that if a man touches her in any way, could bring on much fear or anxiety. Especially, if he is a total stranger.

Then again, some women do go overboard just for the "power trip" of getting over on a man, any man.
    Sherree

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBreeze View Post
    As far as women go, there could be past situations in her life, that if a man touches her in any way, could bring on much fear or anxiety. Especially, if he is a total stranger.

Then again, some women do go overboard just for the "power trip" of getting over on a man, any man.
    And there are men, typically alpha males, that do get off on touching women they don't know and herding them... it's a power trip for them as well. He could have said something, and since she was already moving towards the free till there really was no reason to touch her other than he wanted to do so... which means it's a personal issue with him and him alone.

Quote Originally Posted by packyderms_wife View Post
    And there are men, typically alpha males, that do get off on touching women they don't know and herding them... it's a power trip for them as well. He could have said something, and since she was already moving towards the free till there really was no reason to touch her other than he wanted to do so... which means it's a personal issue with him and him alone.
    Oh, yes, I know, Packy.
    Sherree

Would he have "touched" a male in the same situation ?
    Is there a difference ?
    There are a lot of unknowns here
    My primaries are gone and my secondaries are fading fast

"R2D2"