Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

SOFT NEWS Down Under. Bush-fire on its way, High Water restrictions about to start.
+ Reply to Thread

Down Under. Bush-fire on its way, High Water restrictions about to start.

Um, things are getting tough I think.

Bush fire to arrive soon where I live according to the fire brigade. Fires are going mad all over the state I live in due to the lack of rain for so long. Everything is bone dry.

This coming Monday stage three water restrictions start. So if one has a garden one can hose the garden by hand for ten minutes every two days. Um, that gives you about 100 liters of water at most.

Most do not have even one water tank to collect rainwater so have no back up.

Take care of yourself, CC. I hope you have an escape plan.

Just starting to get posted on Breaking. You may be able to keep up here, CC:

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&...c=typd&lang=en

10 News First Sydney‏
    Verified account
    @10NewsFirstSyd
    5m5 minutes ago

#BREAKING | The @nswrfs has issued 15 emergency fire warnings across the state, a situation described as "unprecedented".

#nswfires

'Your Life Is At Risk': Residents Flee As Blazes Escalate

Multiple fast-moving fires have erupted across NSW and QLD, with firefighters bluntly warning "your life is at risk".
    As of 3.15pm Friday, 15 emergency warnings are in place and nine blazes are at 'watch and act' precaution level in northern New South Wales -- a situation Rural Fire Service deputy commissioner Rob Rogers called "unprecedented". Parts of multiple major roads including the Oxley, New England and Pacific highways have been closed due to fire.

Another five fires in QLD are at 'watch and act' level, with residents at Cooroibah and Buccan warned to evacuate immediately.

Rob Rogers

@robrfs
    Now 15 emergency warning fires. Unprecedented. #nswfires

11:38 PM - Nov 7, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    34 people are talking about this

NSW RFS

@NSWRFS
    Firefighters and residents are working to protect properties north of Tuncurry from the Hillville fire. Conditions are dangerous and residents in Rainbow Flat, Diamond Beach, Possum Brush, Tallwoods Village and Hallidays Point should seek shelter. #nswrfs #nswfires

The NSW Rural Fire Service has issued severe warnings for blazes across Crowdy Bay, Tenterfield, Hillville, Willi Willi, Nambucca, Tapin Tops, Port Macquarie and Clarence Valley.

The RFS advises residents to seek shelter as blazes are spreading quickly across the north of the state due to strong, gusty winds.

"These fires are very dangerous. If you are near these fires, your life is at risk and you need to take action to protect your life," the RFS warned.

NSW RFS

@NSWRFS
    The New England Highway is closed due to fire activity between Glen Innes and Tenterfield. Check Live Traffic NSW for more information: https://www.livetraffic.com/ #nswrfs #nswfires

Live Traffic NSW

@LiveTrafficNSW
    TAREE TO BULAHDELAH: Pacific Hwy closed both ways due to bush fires. Hwy also closed at Port Macquarie btwn Oxley Hwy & Hastings River Dr. Avoid the area, delay non-essential travel.

9:58 PM - Nov 7, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    See Live Traffic NSW's other Tweets
    The New England Highway is closed due to fire activity between Glen Innes and Tenterfield. The Pacific Highway is closed between Bulahdelah and Taree, as is the Gwydir Highway between Bald Nob and Grafton, and the Oxley Highway between Bago and Walcha.

Residents across northern NSW have left their properties and fear their houses could soon be destroyed by vicious fires.

Lola Hogan, 29, told 10 daily she is terrified she could lose her Port Macquarie home after she fled the property, fearing her life.

"There have been a lot of sirens and helicopters flying around. My neighbours and I decided to leave because it was hard to breathe. There is ash and the town is covered in a red haze. We're losing our voices and coughing," Hogan said.

"We don't know what's happening. There's a few warnings but if I was an older person I'm not sure I would know much about it at all."

More here:

https://10daily.com.au/news/a191108s...lazes-20191108
    Attached Images
    So when's the Revolution? God or Money? Choose.

Australia Fires Twitter:

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&...fires&src=typd

Alexandra Cullen
    @AllyCullen_9
    14m14 minutes ago

#BREAKING: Crews are battling a fast-moving blaze in #Cooroibah near #Noosa. Residents are being evacuated
    @9NewsQueensland @9NewsSunCoast

eTravel Technologies Inc.
    @eTravelAlerts
    17m17 minutes ago

🇦🇺 #Australia: 75 fires are burning across #NSW, with 33 of them not contained. The Pacific Highway has been shut down between Taree and Bulahdelah and Port Macquarie. #Fire

https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...aa7919606a9832
    Attached Images

Bulldozing trees from around the homes and back out into the fire paths and back firing would help....

Texican....

I can see trees going up in flames across the street from me now. I have about five fire Ute tray tops working up the street and helicopters working about.

.................................................. .................................................. .....................

Major Fire Updates
    EMERGENCY WARNING - Hillville Rd, Hillville (Mid-Coast LGA) 2019-11-08 16:19
    Posted: 2019-11-08 16:19
    A bush fire is burning in the area of Hillville, south of Taree, and is speading quickly. The fire is more than 4,300 hectares in size and has crossed the Pacific Highway.

Current Situation

The fire is burning in an easterly direction in the area of Hillville, south of Taree.

The fire has crossed the Pacific Highway and is spreading quickly in an easterly direction.

The fire is burning towards the areas of Rainbow Flat, Diamond Beach, Possum Brush, Tallwoods Village, Hallidays Point.

Crews are conducting property protection east of the Pacific Highway, and Lakes Way, Failford Road and Tallwoods areas.

Check Live Traffic NSW for road closures.

Advice

If you are in the area of Rainbow Flat, Diamond Beach, Possum Brush, Tallwoods Village, Hallidays Point, shelter as the fire approaches. Seek shelter in a solid structure to protect yourself from the heat of the fire.

Other Information

Evacuation Centres have been opened in Club Taree (121 Wingham Road, Taree) and Tuncurry Bowling Club (21 Parkes Street, Tuncurry). People are encouraged to register online at Register Find Reunite https://register.redcross.org.au/ before attending the evacuation centre. The Centres open at 0900hrs Friday 8 November.
    Schools in the area may be indirectly impacted by fire due to road access. Visit https://education.nsw.gov.au/public-.../school-safety for more information.
    If your life is at risk, call Triple Zero (000) immediately.
    Continue to stay up to date with the bush fire situation by checking http://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au, listening to your local radio station or by calling the NSW RFS Bush Fire Information Line on 1800 679 737.
    If you live in the area but are away from home, it may not be safe to return to your property.
    For information on road closures, check http://livetraffic.rta.nsw.gov.au. Roads may be closed without warning.
    The next update on this fire will be issued by 08/11/2019 16:50 or if the situation changes.

Can you evacuate, CC? It's not worth waiting until its too late. A duck pond may not be enough, even with something over your head. Please keep us updated.

Talk about being in the middle. The block across the street from me is now burning. Stacks of fire trucks about. All around the duck pond is now burnt.

Do be safe. A duck pond may not be enough with the smoke and intense heat.
    "I shall not be a victim. I shall not be a perpetrator. Above all, I shall not be a bystander."

How are you doing, CC?

China, thinking of you and keeping you and your menagerie in my prayers!
    Thoughts are things. Thus I'm careful of the thoughts I think, & the company I keep.

Please check in when you are able, CC. Let us know that you are ok. Prayers still going up for you.
    Sherree

If it has been burned around the duck pond (depending on how deep it is) and if he has a foil blanket (rated for fire) he should be fine. If he times if right for his run across the road.

This area around Noosa is like California - probably thicker and greener with the rain they get, and cutting it back would be a full time job.

There isn't anywhere to go in some of these areas - the Highways are closed and there aren't many roads in that terrain......some is really flat near the coast, but high cliffs further in. A lot of smaller townspeople depend on their own "tanks" for water and don't have municipal supply.

Many homes are built of brick and with terracotta tile roofs, they may be more fireproof than the wood houses on stilts. Many also have metal roofs and walls, so cinders are less of a problem, but trees are often left around the houses for shade against the intense heat in summer.
    True North Strong and Free

I hope CC is OK.

Caroline Brothers
    @CaroBrothers
    9m9 minutes ago

Summer in #Australia, desertified land of fires

Australia #bushfires: Record number of emergencies in New South Wales

Pictures & video:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-50341207

David Windt �� ⌛️ ❗️
    @DavidLWindt
    40m40 minutes ago

This is what the #ClimateCrisis looks like in #Australia right now.

"Bushfires have wiped out about half the koalas living on a coastal reserve in NSW, experts estimated on Friday, as a record number of intense fires rage around the Australian state."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9194756.html
    Attached Images

I hope CC checks in soon, I'm really starting to worry about him; firestorms move so fast!
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

Quote Originally Posted by Melodi View Post
    I hope CC checks in soon, I'm really starting to worry about him; firestorms move so fast!
    Me, too. It is my understanding that he didn't have plans to evacuate even when the flames were across the street from him. I sure hope he changed his mind, before it was too late to do so.
    Sherree

Hopefully CC is alright and its just a matter of not being able to communicate.

Just checking if CC is ok

Down Under. Bush-fire

Deo adjuvante non timendum - With God Helping, Nothing is to be Feared
    "You are like a pit-bull..." - Dennis Olson
    "No man knows but that the last backward glance over his shoulder may be his last look, forever." - Ernie Pyle Born: 1900 KIA: 1945 Shima, Okinawa

Dave Toussaint
    @engineco16
    2h2 hours ago

@Lookner #NSW #NewSouthWales, #Australia Just looking at 3 of the biggest fires it's well over 1 million acres.

André Hock
    @transparency_a1
    2h2 hours ago

Replying to @ancientchildren @CubaRaglanGuy
    RT @anttilip
    Huge fires in #Australia today. According to the Himawari-8 satellite image the area of the smoke over the Pacific Ocean is larger than 1.4 million km˛. That is more than 5 times the area of New Zealand and almost 2 times the area of Chile!

Matt Hope
    @MattHope4
    Nov 7

If that’s what the fires look like from up here on the NSW Mid Nth Coast, huge prayers and thoughts for those down there!
    🙏 @NSWRFS @7NewsSydney
    Attached Images

https://www.portnews.com.au/story/64...2UMHPUQ9XQ6fqg

Up to 350 koala deaths predicted from Crestwood-Lake Cathie fire
    Lisa TisdellLisa Tisdell

Lake Innes Nature Reserve has been decimated by fire. Photo: ABC News

Experts fear between 200 and 350 koalas died when the Crestwood-Lake Cathie fire ripped through crucial koala habitat.

Just over two thirds of the fire ground footprint is prime koala habitat.

The koalas in that area are of national significance due to their genetic diversity.

The extent of the impact will start to become clear from today (October 31).

A team from Port Macquarie Koala Hospital, along with representatives from Port Macquarie-Hastings Council, are now assessing the burnt-out area.

They will assess the impact and rescue injured koalas and other injured wildlife.

A line search will be conducted as part of the process.

Injured koalas will be taken to Port Macquarie Koala Hospital and other injured animals passed on to FAWNA.

Koala Conservation Australia president Sue Ashton said the koalas in that area were a genetically diverse group which made them really rare.

"That means they can adapt much more to changes like climate change and change of habitat," she said.

The bushfire which continues to burn in the area of Lake Innes and Lake Cathie, south of Port Macquarie has burned more than 2550 hectares, including an important koala breeding ground.

Mrs Ashton told AAP the loss was a "tragedy".

"The beauty of this particular population is that it's so genetically diverse that it's of national significance," she said.

"A lot of the koalas are being mixed and cross-bred now so to lose a large part of that population is very devastating."

The Lake Innes Nature Reserve, Innes Peninsula and the area towards Lake Innes Drive is known as a koala hub or the engine room.

Genetic diversity is important when it comes to koala population health and resilience.

The koala losses come at a time when the koala population is already in decline.

"We are losing them at a much faster rate than they are breeding and they are in real decline," Mrs Ashton said.

People are urged not to go onto the fire ground and leave the animal rescue to the experts, but if they see an injured koala on the side of the road, to call the koala hospital on 6584 1522.
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

I saw this thread turn up and thought CC had checked in. Prayers for CC!

Quote Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
    I saw this thread turn up and thought CC had checked in. Prayers for CC!
    I didn't find the other thread, has he checked in at all yet?
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

Yeah, I'd like to know that, too. I'm glad that his landlady got evacuated.

Quote Originally Posted by packyderms_wife View Post
    Not that I am aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by packyderms_wife View Post
    http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/showt...oW-HOW-YOU-ARE.

Hes not. Im worried about his heart issues, but I guess the phrase why worry when you can pray applies here.
    Thoughts are things. Thus I'm careful of the thoughts I think, & the company I keep.