Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

PRYR RQST Kanye West ‘Friends,’ Conversing With Prosperity Preacher Joel Osteen, Invited to Sunday Service
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kanye West ‘Friends,’ Conversing With Prosperity Preacher Joel Osteen, Invited to Sunday Service

Well, I was going to put this under REL or something else, and originally posted it under MORON...decided on requesting prayer.

I was cautiously optimistic...my bubble got burst...I should have known better.

Win some and lose some, but this is all depressing: someone close to my AO murdered a 24 year old- the deceased was someone I knew. She was found guilty, and the jury did the correct thing, I firmly believe...and also someone that i was acquainted with several years ago that I had to disassociate from soon after I met him not only got involved with some real bad %$#@ - he was like a ringleader was on the radar of the feds I heard not too long ago- him and some cronies...looks like the bust went down earlier tonight: and I am glad. Hope that there whole evil operation got shut down...I hope so.

I caught wind of this crap about two months ago, and then found out not even two weeks ago, it was true. Someone told me about it, and that the bust was going to happen.

Continuing to pray for the darkness to be exposed and for the perps to get what is coming to them. Anyway...this is here after some conversation on this thread:

http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/showt...t-happen-today

The comments at the link here are interesting, I think:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kanye West ‘Friends,’ Conversing With Prosperity Preacher Joel Osteen, Invited to Sunday Service

By Michael Marcavage on October 26, 2019·10 Comments

Kanye West has been conversing with motivational speaker and author Joel Osteen, receiving an official invite to Lakewood Church from Joel himself, Christian News Network has confirmed. The controversial rapper turned gospel music singer has been making waves for his profession of faith in Christ recently, and has been making a number of appearances to publicize his new album entitled “Jesus is King.”

“Yes, the story is true,” a representative from Lakewood stated, referring to the TMZ report citing that West was personally invited to attend a service.

“I know that Joel talked to Kanye about two weeks ago,” Donald Iloff, an official spokesman for Lakewood and brother to Victoria Osteen, told Christian News Network.

Lakewood, which attracts as many as 50,000 people each week and broadcasts its service to millions of people around the world, has had a number of high profile visitors to its gatherings, including Oprah Winfrey.

Iloff advised that the media is never notified when celebrities attend services at Lakewood, and he is not certain how the report got out. He explained that Joel is in contact with many high-profile personalities.

“Joel, when he looks at someone like Kanye — and there are others I can blow your mind with — celebrities who Joel speaks to that you would say, ‘How in the world can that person be a believer?’ It would shock you. I’m not going to do it, but I could, and I could absolutely blow your mind,” Iloff said.

“And it’s people still doing things that you think, ‘Okay, you should not be doing that,’ but you know what, you’re in your walk and you’ve got to figure [it] out. You need to get there on your own.”

Connect with Christian News

“It’s true. [Kanye] is very interested in going and spending more time with Joel,” a source close to West also told PEOPLE. “They are friends. They message each other a lot. They have deep conversations.”

Iloff told Christian News that Osteen has never met West in person, but that they have been in communication with one another, stating that the rapper has shared some deep personal issues with the prosperity preacher.

OSTEEN’S TEACHINGS

Osteen has been a controversial figure among evangelicals as his positive thinking, self-help messages are devoid of preaching on sin, repentance and eternal judgment. His books have included “Your Best Life Now,” “Become a Better You,” “You Can, You Will, ” “It’s Your Time” and “The Power of I Am.”

“You’ve been criticized for church-lite or a cotton candy message. Do you feel like you’re cheating people by not telling them about the Hell part? Or repentance part?” CBS asked the megachurch speaker and author in 2016.

“No, I really don’t, because it’s a different approach,” Osteen replied. “You know, it’s not Hellfire and brimstone. But I say most people are beaten down enough by life. They already feel guilty enough. … So I want [people] to come to Lakewood or our meetings and be lifted up, to say, ‘You know what? I may not be perfect, but I’m moving forward. I’m doing better.’ And I think that motivates you to do better.”

In 2013, during an interview with the Huffington Post, Osteen also explained his preaching philosophy, stating that Christians should exemplify kindness to the world rather than “pushing people down” by telling them about their sins.

“Again, the Scripture teaches the way people are going to know His disciples is for our love for one another, and so, I’m not preaching hate [or] pushing people down,” he stated. “I’m not here to tell everybody what they’re doing wrong.”

Osteen had apologized in 2005 after he told talk show host Larry King that he doesn’t judge whether unbelievers such as Jews or atheists go to Heaven or Hell.

“I can’t judge somebody’s heart. Only God can look at somebody’s heart. To me, it’s not my business to say, ‘This one is or this one isn’t.’ I just say, ‘Here’s what the Bible teaches and I’m going to put my faith in Christ.’ I think it’s wrong when you go around saying, ‘You’re not going. You’re not going. You’re not going,'” he said. “I would present my way, but I’m just gonna let God be the judge of that (who goes to Heaven or Hell). I don’t know.”

However, in 2013, Osteen provided a similar response when asked by the Huffington Post if those who believe in the “monkey god” will not enter Heaven.

“I don’t claim to understand who’s all going to Heaven,” he replied. “I just believe and I teach in all my messages that when you have a relationship with Christ — that’s the reason why He came, to have a relationship with him that is the guarantee from Heaven.”

“People don’t all believe like me; they see it bigger,” Osteen added. “I believe God’s mercy is very big. I thank God I’m not the judge of who gets to come. Only He can, but that’s the way I see it.”

Iloff told Christian News Network this week that “of course” Osteen believes in Heaven and Hell and that “Joel gives more altar calls to accept Jesus Christ than any minister in the entire world.”

When asked where Osteen speaks of sin, repentance and the wrath to come in his messages — as that is what has raised concern among many — Iloff recommended listening to Lakewood’s broadcasts and that “if you can’t find it, you believe what you want.” He said that he personally doesn’t interpret the Scripture to state that Jesus took the wrath of God on the cross, but rather that He came to earth to prove the worth of man against the assertions of the devil.

“If [Joel] doesn’t preach the wrath that you believe in, well, I gotta tell you, if I was a preacher, I wouldn’t be preaching it either,” Ilhoff opined. “Why would you preach about the wrath to come? … It’s kind of all the way you look at everything. You want to perceive God to be wrathful and hateful and that He had to have His Son torn to pieces so that His anger would be quelled. … Jesus came to defend His creation. Jesus came to defend the worthiness of His creation.”

PREDICTION

In an interview published yesterday with BigBoyTV as a part of the promotion of West’s new album “Jesus is King,” the host “Big Boy,” whose real name is Kurt Alexander, asked about a statement West made “probably 6-10 years ago,” in which West seemed to have predicted what he is doing now.

“I’m not just a musician. I’m a Christian, revolutionary, visionary, products person. I ain’t here to dance for you. I ain’t here to do a two-step. That’s just a piece, that was just my end. And now I want to create. I want to create content. I mean eventually, ten years from now, I just want to create for the church, period. I’m Christian. I’m designed like the new, the new Sistine Chapel,” West could be heard saying on the recorded audio.

“Did you always feel like this was a plan? Or, was that always in the, as far as the windshield, or does it look like it was plan now that we’re kinda in the rear-view mirror? Did you always know you were going to end up here?” Alexander asked West. “I mean ten years [ago] you kinda said it,” he added.

“Yes, but I definitely was lost. I got lost. I got caught in my own ego, my own strategy, my own ideas. I tried to hold everything in my own brain, and then I had to let go and let God and put it back in his hands,” West replied.

“Jesus Is King” has received both applause and criticism from Christian and secular outlets alike, with one reviewer calling the album “a nice break for anyone sick of hearing Kanye’s relentless self-boosterism” and another declaring, “I celebrate you. This is progression, not perfection. … This man just spit more theology than most pastors do on a Sunday.”

Criticisms have included that the 30-minute release is “too slight a record, too lacking in substance, to offer any sense of purification or real insights into West’s mind” and that “[o]n this album and as an artist, divide is all he seems to be doing.”

West has reportedly stated that he is done recording secular music. Some note that the album is the first that is devoid of profanity — as his previous recordings were heavily laden with expletives — but West does use a four-letter word in the track “God Is,” rapping, “He has opened up my vision/Giving me a revelation/This ain’t ’bout a d*mn religion/Jesus brought a revolution/All the captives are forgiven.”

He also predicts in the recording “Hands On,” “What have you been hearin’ from the Christians?/They’ll be the first one to judge me/Make it feel like nobody love me/Make you feel alone in the dark and you’ll never see the light.”

West acknowledges, however, that he understands that some will be skeptical of his stated salvation, adding to the lyrics, “Yes, I understand your reluctancy/But I have a request, you see/Don’t throw me up, lay your hands on me/Please, pray for me.”

According to reports, among those who have been invited to preach at West’s “Sunday Service” gatherings, which he launched earlier this year, include hipster pastors Carl Lentz of Hillsong New York and Rich Wilkerson of Vous Church in Florida, the latter of whom officiated the wedding of West and Kim Kardashian and has remained friends with West, being stated to have helped with the script for the “Yeezus” tour.

“[P]astors … wanna talk about, ‘T.D. Jakes said this. He ain’t saved. He wasn’t pure to the Bible.’ But then they can’t tell you a black pastor that they like, though. It’s a divide in Christianity. That’s what I’ve seen since I’ve been saved … I’m an early convert,” West said during one service, according to footage posted online.

“Here’s what I see: If you believe that Jesus died for your sins, then you know the gospel. That’s the gospel. Don’t be telling me Mormons got an extra book and Catholics do this. It’s simple. Christians, we be making it too hard for people to come and be involved in this,” he asserted.

However, Adam Tyson, pastor of Placerita Bible Church and graduate of John MacArthur’s Master’s Seminary, has also presented the gospel at West’s “Sunday Service” and is among those speaking truth into his life. Fox News reports that Tyson has been discipling West in a Bible study as per his request.

“In addition to leading a Bible study, we have had lots of conversations about how to love God, love others, walk in holiness, as well as working on the new album ‘Jesus is King,'” Tyson told the outlet.

“My message [at Sunday Service] is that God is holy, but we are all sinners and therefore deserve God’s judgment. God loves the world so much that He gave His only Son, Jesus Christ, who lived a perfect life, died on the cross for our sins, and was raised from the dead on the third day,” he outlined.

“The good news is that through repentance of your sin and faith in the risen Christ you can have true joy and happiness which is found only in Jesus.”

THE JOURNEY

The Independent notes West’s personal and musical journey, outlining, “The death of his mother Donda of surgery complications in 2007 had a profound effect on him; ‘808s’ and ‘Heartbreak’ followed, featuring a despondent West who had clearly lost his way. But then he declared himself a god on ‘Yeezus;’ his inner demons were fought via the story of Paul the Apostle on ‘The Life of Pablo’ before, finally, he asked God to shine a light and save him on 2018’s ‘Kids See Ghosts.'”

“I just talked to Jesus/He said, ‘What up Yeezus?’/ I said, “[Expletive], I’m chilling/Trying to stack these millions,” West rapped in his 2013 song “I Am a God.” “I know He the Most High/But I am a close high/… I am a god.”

However, during a recent Sunday Service, when a member of the audience called out, “Thank you, Kanye,” the artist responded, “Who said ‘Thank you, Kanye?’ [What] I want you to say is, ‘Thank you, Jesus.'”

West had planned to release a project entitled “Yandhi” last year, but scrapped the album, explaining in his new song “Selah,” “Everybody wanted Yandhi/Then Jesus Christ did the laundry/… Whom the Son sets free is free indeed/He saved a wretch like me.”

West’s YouTube channel has over 5.44 million subscribers and still contains his old profane and sexually explicit music videos, alongside of his new content.

https://christiannews.net/2019/10/26...unday-service/
    Last edited by TammyinWI; 11-03-2019 at 01:49 AM.
    https://safeg.net/home A Safe Alternative to Harmful 5G Wireless

Matthew 10:17 But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues; 18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles. 19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.

Well, first off, sorry to hear about the person you knew who died.

But I'm not seeing the connection between that and the article.

I also am sorry for your loss but what is your point in this post.
    "When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law." ~ Frederic Bastiilt

"Duty is ours; results are God's."

Prosperity prospecting ...
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    Osteen is a mooching mendacious heretic. Better Kanye let himself be influenced by actual Christians.
    Proud member Alt-Right group "Scientists For Trump". (Smart Americans know he's right.)
    A man should only take a wife whose Bible includes Genesis, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Colossians, Malachi, Isaiah, Ephesians, Corinthians, Hebrews, Timothy, Titus, Proverbs, Mark, Peter & Revelation. Ecclesiastes 7:28 (NIV) tells him the odds.

I have no clue what your post about your friend has to do with the article?

And the whole article slams Kanye for talking with Joel Olsteen hinges on this statement:

“It’s true. [Kanye] is very interested in going and spending more time with Joel,” a source close to West also told PEOPLE. “They are friends. They message each other a lot. They have deep conversations.”

Iloff told Christian News that Osteen has never met West in person, but that they have been in communication with one another, stating that the rapper has shared some deep personal issues with the prosperity preacher.
    A "source"... Which by now we should know could mean it is completely fabricated. And they are "friends" but they have never met...

Kanye is new to his faith...

HEY!!! I have a great idea! Let's judge him and welcome him to the family by beating him over the head for who he talks to!!!

Good Lord, Tammy...
    Deo adjuvante non timendum - With God Helping, Nothing is to be Feared
    "You are like a pit-bull..." - Dennis Olson
    "No man knows but that the last backward glance over his shoulder may be his last look, forever." - Ernie Pyle Born: 1900 KIA: 1945 Shima, Okinawa

Oh, that was DEFINITELY intended as a two-edged sword. Mutual charlatans at work on each other for mutual gain, in other words.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto

Looks like hucksters' heaven. One man promoting himself as a musician, one man promoting himself as a preacher.
    Next we'll see Joel Osteen hip hop gospel songs, and Kanye West religious sermons. Should be entertaining to watch.

9. Listen, this is how I feel about it. Some may or may not agree. Kanye is connecting with the younger generation, who may not be open to old time pastors and preachers, or even have any exposure the Gospel in any way. Joel Osteen was the very first pastor I heard talk about Jesus. Only after reading one of his books did I turn to the Bible. Since then, I’ve grown and matured and moved on, but God is allowing him and Kanye to have center stage for a reason. They may be a simple catalyst that opens the door to real faith. I stand with the words of Paul, who basically states, “Hey... they might not be sending the right message or preaching for the right reasons, but at least they’re talking about Jesus.”

Some indeed preach Christ even from envy and strife, and some also from goodwill: The former preach Christ from selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my chains; but the latter out of love, knowing that I am appointed for the defense of the gospel. What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is preached; and in this I rejoice, yes, and will rejoice.

Philippians 1:15-18

WTH did I just read through?
    “To be born a free man... an accident
    To live one... a responsibility
    To die one... an obligation!”

People don't want to hear it. But I think olsteen is doing God's work. people are sick of the condescending know-it-alls in the churches who preached that they are going to hell if they aren't perfect. Personally I hate hypocrites. People who pray for more money, or a Better job, but then blast olsteen for believing that God doesn't want our life to suck on Earth.

He is not my pastor. I don't have a pastor. I haven't heard him preach about anything truly evil. So as long as people go to him willingly and he's not telling people to murder their babies or vote democrat. Leave him alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jubilee on Earth View Post
    Listen, this is how I feel about it. Some may or may not agree. Kanye is connecting with the younger generation, who may not be open to old time pastors and preachers, or even have any exposure the Gospel in any way. Joel Osteen was the very first pastor I heard talk about Jesus. Only after reading one of his books did I turn to the Bible. Since then, I’ve grown and matured and moved on, but God is allowing him and Kanye to have center stage for a reason. They may be a simple catalyst that opens the door to real faith. I stand with the words of Paul, who basically states, “Hey... they might not be sending the right message or preaching for the right reasons, but at least they’re talking about Jesus.”

Some indeed preach Christ even from envy and strife, and some also from goodwill: The former preach Christ from selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my chains; but the latter out of love, knowing that I am appointed for the defense of the gospel. What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is preached; and in this I rejoice, yes, and will rejoice.

Well said...
    "No man knows but that the last backward glance over his shoulder may be his last look, forever." - Ernie Pyle Born: 1900 KIA: 1945 Shima, Okinawa

Osteen is a hypocritical, sleazy, "prosperity doctrine preacher," who wouldn't know Jesus Christ if he kicked him in the ass a few times. It is called heresy. I mean what passes for the Christian Church here in CONUS says Jesus wants you to be rich, and before any bad stuff happens you will get beamed, ie raptured out. Now isn't Olsteen going to be surprised when a Marxist Death Squad, or an Islamic Sharia Law enforcing militia either shoots him, or hacks his head off with a machete or a guilitione?
    Doomer Doug, a.k.a. Doug McIntosh now has a blog at www.doomerdoug.wordpress.com
    My end of the world e book "Day of the Dogs" is available for sale at the following url
    http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B007BRLFYU

Quote Originally Posted by naturallysweet View Post
    Personally I hate hypocrites. People who pray for more money, or a Better job, but then blast olsteen for believing that God doesn't want our life to suck on Earth.
    Exodus 20:12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

If our lives on earth were supposed to suck, then why would God demand we honor our fathers and mothers specifically so we could experience the sucking for longer?

A direct response to the OP... Keep dumping on Kanye because he texted Joel Olsteen and the net result is a thousand saved in one day.

What have YOU done for the Lord, lately.

Shameful...

Kanye West Sunday Service Saw ‘1,000 People’ Commit Their Lives to Christ

Curvine Brewington, a pastor at Crossroads Church in Lafayette, praised Kanye West over the weekend for hosting his weekly Sunday Service, where the church leader said more than a 1,000 attendees dedicated their lives to Jesus Christ.

“Tonight, worship was lifted, the name of Christ was exalted, the Word of God was preached, a multitude prayed together, the Gospel was clearly proclaimed, and an opportunity to respond was given,” Pastor Brewington explained in an Instagram post. “In a crowd of 6,000, people from all walks of life, all ages, and all races, I witnessed over 1,000 people respond to The Gospel by raising their hands to accept Jesus as their Lord & Savior!”

A livestream of the moving service was posted online and shows West, flanked by a choir, perform a set of spiritual hymns and a slew of songs from his new album Jesus Is King.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_b7a37VhHE

This latest addition of West’s Sunday Service comes on the heels of his 11-track Gospel album debuting number one on the Billboard 200 albums chart, marking the Grammy-winner’s ninth consecutive number one debut.

Kanye West made headlines throughout the week while promoting the record. He called out cancel culture, said his support for President Donald Trump was “God’s practical joke to liberals,” and ripped the Democratic Party — “Democrats had us voting for Democrats with food stamps for years. What are you talking about guns in the 80s, taking the father’s out the home, Plan B, lowering our votes, making us abort children.”

West’s influence on the culture and his music-driven commitment to Christianity is palpable. Indeed, the American Bible Society (ABS) is set to hand out 1,000 free Bibles to those interested in Christianity, launching an initiative called “Bibles for Kanye Fans.”
    https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...ves-to-christ/

May God bless Kanye, help him in his walk and keep him to the narrow path. May He provide mentors that teach the Truth, and may He use him to help reach those who would never hear the Gospel from traditional messengers. May God teach him what it means to put on the full armor of God, and provide him the strength he'll need to raise his children to follow Christ, especially in the family and atmosphere that surrounds him.

Summerthyme

Quote Originally Posted by summerthyme View Post
    May God bless Kanye, help him in his walk and kerp him to the narrow path. May He provide mentors that teach the Truth, and may He use him to help reach those who would never hear the Gospel from traditional messengers. May God teach him what it means to put on the full armor of God, and provide him the strength he'll need to raise his children to follow Christ, especially in the family and atmosphere that surrounds him.

Summerthyme
    Amen.

Between this thread and the one about Trump/Diwali, I can see why the number of christians in the US has decreased by 12%...or whatever the number was in a another recent thread.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

19. Quote Originally Posted by summerthyme View Post
    May God bless Kanye, help him in his walk and keep him to the narrow path. May He provide mentors that teach the Truth, and may He use him to help reach those who would never hear the Gospel from traditional messengers. May God teach him what it means to put on the full armor of God, and provide him the strength he'll need to raise his children to follow Christ, especially in the family and atmosphere that surrounds him.

Summerthyme
    Amen, Summerthyme. Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by Blacknarwhal View Post
    Well, first off, sorry to hear about the person you knew who died.

But I'm not seeing the connection between that and the article.
    Thank you. I was just making a point...a WEIRD day. Just that I was real disappointed that this well-known icon, very famous person decided that the prosperity gospel is for him- that combined with the other events of the day...that's all.

Matthew 10:17 But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues; 18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles. 19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.

Quote Originally Posted by SSTemplar View Post
    I also am sorry for your loss but what is your point in this post.
    A cumulative effect of the day...ups and downs. I was really hoping that Kanye was REALLY doing a 180.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    I have no clue what your post about your friend has to do with the article?

And the whole article slams Kanye for talking with Joel Olsteen hinges on this statement:

A "source"... Which by now we should know could mean it is completely fabricated. And they are "friends" but they have never met...

Kanye is new to his faith...

HEY!!! I have a great idea! Let's judge him and welcome him to the family by beating him over the head for who he talks to!!!
    I ain't going to beat anyone over the head...you can if you want, but I refuse. I erased your last sentence here.

Listen, this is how I feel about it. Some may or may not agree. Kanye is connecting with the younger generation, who may not be open to old time pastors and preachers, or even have any exposure the Gospel in any way. Joel Osteen was the very first pastor I heard talk about Jesus. Only after reading one of his books did I turn to the Bible. Since then, I’ve grown and matured and moved on, but God is allowing him and Kanye to have center stage for a reason. They may be a simple catalyst that opens the door to real faith. I stand with the words of Paul, who basically states, “Hey... they might not be sending the right message or preaching for the right reasons, but at least they’re talking about Jesus.”

Thank you for this insight, and potential possibility. Just as long as swarms of people aren't deceived. Hopefully this goes the right way!

I suppose that I should add here that another prosperity preacher, Paula White, was just added to White House staff, or appointed WH something-or-another...was going to check to see if someone posted a thread here on the forum re: that.

delete

Lakewood Says $300K Payment to Kanye Is False, Rapper Called ‘Friend’ Joel Osteen to Arrange Visit, Concert

By Heather Clark on November 13, 2019 · 9 Comments

HOUSTON, Texas — Lakewood Church says that a report circulating online that claims that megachurch leader Joel Osteen is paying rapper-turned-gospel artist Kanye West $300K to perform with his choir this Sunday is false, as West called Osteen to advise that he would be in town and initiated the visit himself.

“There’s no money whatsoever changing hands,” Donald Iloff, Jr., spokesperson for Lakewood and brother to Victoria Osteen, told Christian News Network. “We’re not paying him anything to be here.”

A report from Hip Hop Overload had claimed that “Kanye and his singing choir will be paid $300,000 by Joel Osteen to perform this Sunday at his service which comes on national tv.”

“Kanye West is no fool. He knew this Christian/Jesus act would bring in the real big bucks!” it asserted.

Iloff says that the rumor is untrue and that while he is not certain whether an offering will be received, Lakewood would prefer not to do so. The only expense will be lunch for West and his choir as an act of hospitality.

Iloff explained that he was standing next to Osteen, who was visiting New York at the time, when West’s call came through.

“They had been talking for a while, and … [they] had already talked about, ‘We’d love to do this,'” Iloff explained. “And then, boom, ‘Hey, I’m going to be in town.’ It was a very informal thing.”

Connect with Christian News

West will attend the 11 a.m. service, where he will speak with Osteen on stage about his “journey and how he got to this place, and what his life was like then and what it’s like now.” He will then perform during the 7 p.m. young adult service with his choir.

The evening event will be ticketed as per a request from the Houston Police Department — most likely due to mayhem outside the Astroworld Festival where West made an appearance during a Travis Scott set, but the concert is free.

Iloff stated that the young adult service usually attracts an estimated 1,000 attendees, but should pack out this time at the maximum capacity of 16,000.

As previously reported, Iloff told the Houston Chronicle this week that “Kanye and Joel are friends. He’s been wanting to come out for some time and it just worked out for this weekend.” He likewise affirmed to Christian News that West has been conversing with Osteen and that West has shared some deep personal issues with the motivational speaker.

Osteen has been a controversial figure among evangelicals as his positive thinking, self-help messages are devoid of preaching on sin, repentance and eternal judgment. His books have included “Your Best Life Now,” “Become a Better You,” “You Can, You Will, ” “It’s Your Time” and “The Power of I Am.”

From “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” to “The Late Late Show With James Corden,” West has been making the rounds after publicly declaring that he has been born again and releasing an album entitled “Jesus Is King.”

Previously known for profane rap hits such as “Homecoming,” “All Falls Down,” “Stronger,” “Jesus Walks” and the blasphemous “I Am a God,” his new record includes the gospel tunes “Follow God,” “God Is,” “Use This Gospel” and “Jesus is Lord.”

West also recently started a weekly “Sunday Service” gathering, which has featured various speakers from Hillsong New York’s hipster pastor Carl Lentz to Los Angeles-area preacher Adam Tyson, a graduate of John McArthur’s Master’s Seminary.

“Let’s not be concerned with the opinions of men at all, only the opinion of God,” West declared at one event. “I know we say, ‘This is the culture; that is the culture.’ To be radically in service to Christ is the only culture that I want to know about.”

“The devil had me chasing a gold statue. Had me chasing cars, had me chasing numbers. … [But] the power of God cannot be calculated by a number, by a first week sale, by a bank account, by how many cars you drive, by how big your house is, by how many acres you got.”

https://christiannews.net/2019/11/13...visit-concert/

Straining at gnats and swallowing camels ...

If you really listen to Osteen with an open heart, and try to think what he teaches, you will likely have a much better life.
    He teaches salvation, how to change your thinking, positivity, altering the course of your life to become much better. It works.

Always noticed that those who slam him, are those who don't give his messages a chance.
    Seems that Fake News is always reported about him.

This^^^ There have been times when JO has been on the tube and God used him to reach me at a point when I was hurting and like you, I turned back to my bible and got the healing I needed there! Sometimes we need a gentle reminder to turn back to Him the True Physician.
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

The devil is in the details, always. Is Jesus King? I pray God has given him salvation and he has accepted however I highly doubt it. He and his Jezebel and her klan are always looking for the next grift and trying to one up one another as they climb that pyramid.

The DOOR to heaven is only ONE PERSON WIDE.
    That person IS Jesus Christ.
    You must come THROUGH Christ.
    To do that, you must be a member of his BODY.
    IF he does not recognize you as a member of His body, you don't get in.
    He cannot deny HIMSELF, if his Holy Spirit indwells you, you are part of Him.
    Want a NEW LIFE, to be "born again?" Your acceptance of Jesus's death for you, by proxy, on the Cross must include your understanding, consenting/ratifying that YOU AGREE that means YOU, your will, your way died. When you do, then you become "born again", a new creation, filled with His Holy Spirit, Jesus and his eternal life will dwell within you as his temple. He died for all, but not all will RATIFY His sacrifice for them.

I’ll admit I was surprised & a bit skeptical when I first heard of Kanye’s conversion. Then I heard about his album & figures it was an angle, a gimmick. Then I listened to it - and I cried. I cried because God literally held up a mirror to me & showed me the beam in my own eye. Folks we say we pray for those in entertainment & politics (& we might) but we don’t expect God to really do anything.

May I share a story? My son is an actor in Burbank. When he first got there at 19 he & his roommates looked for a church. Other than mega churches there weren’t really any that appealed to younger people. They didn’t want to be entertained but they did want a church that would deciple them & where they could meet people their own age. So they slogged through the next couple years until one day a family moved in across the street. Being a military brat he went over after a couple days to introduce himself. This would turn out to be the lead pastor for a new Baptist church plant in Burbank. 5 families had made the commitment to work this vast untouched field. Three years have gone by: the first was spent loving on the young people & families in Burbank & finding a venue (the first of which was a comedy club), the 2nd year they officially became a church (a city bus pulled up on opening day, opened the door to ask “is this a church? Praise the Lord! I don’t have to drive across town now!”) & grew it to the point of having to move to a theater, the 3rd year saw them grow enough to require the 2nd service & announce that they’d be opening another church in northern LA with the intention of a 3rd place the following year. This lead pastor had been told “don’t go to LA- church plants don’t survive there”. He’ll tell you that yes, it is like working a foreign mission field but Jesus is making the way.

I tell y’all this to try to give you a glimpse of what’s happening there. The scales are starting to fall off some of their eyes & they realize that they’ve been lied to about a lot of things. My son has had some of the most interesting encounters with directors, writers & producers- Some were raised in solid Christian households but lost there way others have never met anyone out there who wasn’t trying to “get something”. The fields are white & ready for harvest there. Please pray for them. Pray for a National revival- we are facing so many problems as a nation it’s our only way back.

Kanye brings Sunday Service to Houston Jail.

Has major effect on inmates.
    Funny that a celebrity like West can do so much more for Christianity than the bitter people here who resent him so much.

As someone else said, it's no wonder your religion is decreasing every year.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...on-not-a-show/

Watch — Kanye West Brings Sunday Service to Houston Jail: ‘This Is a Mission, Not a Show’

5,612Photo Courtesy Harris County Sheriff's OfficeHannah Bleau16 Nov 20193,191 1:51
    Rap superstar and fashion mogul Kanye West brought his famous Sunday Service to inmates in a Houston, Texas, jail this week, describing the effort as a “mission, not a show.”

The Jesus Is King artist appeared at the Harris County Jail this week with his choir and performed for inmates. The visit came ahead of West’s expected appearance at Joel Osteen’s Lakewood Church, slated for Sunday.
    “On this date, @kanyewest visits @HCSOTexas jail system. ‘This is a mission, not a show’- Kanye,” Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez tweeted. “@kanyewest visited us today. I know he has a busy weekend in H-Town surrounding his visit to @lakewoodchurch, so appreciate him and his choir spending time with us. #HouNews.”
    Jason Spencer, Public Affairs Director for the Harris County Sheriff’s Office, posted a series of photos, showing inmates praying, demonstratively moved by the moment.
    Kanye West is expected to attend Lakewood’s 11 a.m. service on Sunday and hold his Sunday Service performance at the church at 7 p.m., local media reports.
    The Grammy-winner and staunch supporter of President Donald Trump brought his Sunday Service to Bethany Church in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, earlier this month, where 1,000 attendees dedicated their lives to Jesus Christ, according to Crossroads Church Pastor Curvine Brewington, who detailed what he witnessed in an Instagram post.
    West’s commitment to Christianity prompted the American Bible Society (ABS) to hand out 1,000 free Bibles to those interested in Christianity, launching an initiative called “Bibles for Kanye Fans.”
    “I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.”
    D. H. Lawrence

2:37 news report of the event TerryK posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhjY...ture=emb_title

I firmly believe that God can use anyone to reach people.

TerryK
    TerryK is offline TB Fanatic

Funny that a celebrity like West can do so much more for Christianity than the bitter people here who resent him so much.

great group of pharisees on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by K99 View Post
    TerryK
    TerryK is offline TB Fanatic

great group of pharisees on this thread.
    Who you calling a "pharisee" you danged Sadducee???

Best to judge people by the fruit of the Spirit. All else can mislead you. Do you pick grapes from thorn bushes?
    "When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law." ~ Frederic Bastiilt

"Duty is ours; results are God's."

Videos, tweets and even some scripture flinging, at link.

Kanye West Brings Sunday Service to Houston Jail: ‘This Is a Mission, Not a Show’

Rap superstar and fashion mogul Kanye West brought his famous Sunday Service to inmates in a Houston, Texas, jail this week, describing the effort as a “mission, not a show.”

The Jesus Is King artist appeared at the Harris County Jail this week with his choir and performed for inmates. The visit came ahead of West’s expected appearance at Joel Osteen’s Lakewood Church, slated for Sunday.

“On this date, @kanyewest visits @HCSOTexas jail system. ‘This is a mission, not a show’- Kanye,” Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez tweeted. “@kanyewest visited us today. I know he has a busy weekend in H-Town surrounding his visit to @lakewoodchurch, so appreciate him and his choir spending time with us. #HouNews.”

Kanye West is expected to attend Lakewood’s 11 a.m. service on Sunday and hold his Sunday Service performance at the church at 7 p.m., local media reports.

The Grammy-winner and staunch supporter of President Donald Trump brought his Sunday Service to Bethany Church in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, earlier this month, where 1,000 attendees dedicated their lives to Jesus Christ, according to Crossroads Church Pastor Curvine Brewington, who detailed what he witnessed in an Instagram post.

West’s commitment to Christianity prompted the American Bible Society (ABS) to hand out 1,000 free Bibles to those interested in Christianity, launching an initiative called “Bibles for Kanye Fans.”

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...on-not-a-show/
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Jesus is the King of Kings!

Kanye probably has not had his demons cast out, and I am not trying to knock him in any way, shape, or form. It is Scriptural...it would greatly help he and Kim, and the whole fam, including Bruce who is still a man. Anyway: Deliverance Ministry, folks. I need it, too. I am aware of this daily. Jesus says that some demons only come out by fasting and prayer. Jesus calls those that Believe to do some things, and casting out of devils is one of them.

Kanye admits to partaking in/exposing himself to things that cause demons to enter people/gives devils legal ground.

A person who walked the wide path of destruction, and I am talking about myself here, needs DELIVERANCE (NO, not exorcism...that is an imitation).

Question that I pose here: do you believe in once saved, always saved??? I think it might unfortunately apply here and in general, to converts, with all of the dead and unfulfilling churches in these times.

After all, if people are unfulfilled and empty with "church," do they stay, or go back to their wicked ways?

Hoping and praying for True Conversions and Revival.

The devil is in the details as always. Cant be a king without a kingdom to rule over. Gods Salvation (Jesus Christ) sits at the right hand of God at the moment and soon he will stand up, start popping seals, don his crowns and garments, jump on a white horse and return to this realm to reign over it for one thousand years.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    The All-Seeing Eye At Lakewood Is Part Of Kanye’s Travelling Show. When Kanye’s shows are photographed from above, it becomes immediately clear when the real “message” of the ‘Jesus Is King’ agenda is all about.
    Attached Images