Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

PRYR RQST For My Dad
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: For My Dad

For My Dad

We put my dad in comfort care this evening, that’s the VAs version of hospice. At this point he’s not doing well at all, and we think he’s waiting until I come to see him tomorrow. He perked up when he was told I’d be coming to see him. I’m very stressed out, which exaggerates my tremors. It's a four hour plus drive and that probably won't do much for my tremors either.

Prayers for a safe and uneventful trip and that he will pass peacefully. I haven’t slept for the past three days because my mom (deceased) has been visiting me in my sleep/dreams, she’s been jabbering and nonstop about my dad.

Thank you
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

Praying for you. It's hard to lose your parents, even when they are older and have been sick for a while.

Kathleen
    Behold, these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him.
    Job 26:14

wickr ID freeholder45

Quote Originally Posted by Freeholder View Post
    Praying for you. It's hard to lose your parents, even when they are older and have been sick for a while.

Kathleen
    I agree.

Prayers going up for you, Packy.
    "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
    In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths."
    Proverbs 3:5-6

Praying for a safe trip and a hug from your Dad.

You've got them, oh yes.

Prayers for you and your family, Packy, and a peaceful passing for your dad.

Packy,

Prayers said

Southside

Prayers have been said.

Prayers and positive thoughts

Packy,

Prayers for you, safe trip and for your dad.

Texican....

Prayers for you & your dad.
    Bitter Clinger, Deplorable, & Proud of it.

Drive safe and prayers said for peace and comfort for you and your Dad.

Praying.

Prayers for y'all
    Tax the rich, feed the poor, til there are, rich no more - Ten Years After
    Surely you're not saying we have the resources to save the poor from their lot. -JCSS
    Friend, you cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. And what one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government can't give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody.

Prayers up.
    Don't be dismayed by goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends. --Richard Bach

I'm so sorry, we've been there with both sets of parents and it's so difficult. Adding our prayers for you all.

I stayed with my mom for 2 months while she died of cancer, had hospice help. hardest thing I ever did, stay with your dad as long as you can, I believe that it helps them to pass oon

Prayers and a hug for both of you.
    "The most intriguing point for the historian is that where history and legend meet."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who think they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Sending prayers.
    Is today the day?

Good thoughts for peace and comfort for you all.
    “Our knowledge can only be finite, while our ignorance must necessarily be infinite.”

Prayers said.

Prayers for you to have a safe and uneventful trip. Prayers that your Dad will have a peacefully passing. May you be comforted and find peace.

Prayers Sent
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
    Robert Heinlein

Sending prayers for you and your dad.
    Therefore be ye also ready; for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. Matt. 24:44

Prayers for you and your family.
    May Gods Strength, Peace and Comfort be with you.

Jeff
    "I tremble for my nation when I realize that God is just."- Thomas Jefferson
    The capacity to learn is a gift;
    The ability to learn is a skill;
    The willingness to learn is a choice.
    - REBEC OF GINAZ _ Dune House Harkonnen

Prayers from this corner! And I'm asking for travel mercies, too. Tomorrow will be windy in Iowa.

Prayers for you.

Quote Originally Posted by packyderms_wife View Post
    We put my dad in comfort care this evening, that’s the VAs version of hospice. At this point he’s not doing well at all, and we think he’s waiting until I come to see him tomorrow. He perked up when he was told I’d be coming to see him. I’m very stressed out, which exaggerates my tremors. It's a four hour plus drive and that probably won't do much for my tremors either.

Prayers for a safe and uneventful trip and that he will pass peacefully. I haven’t slept for the past three days because my mom (deceased) has been visiting me in my sleep/dreams, she’s been jabbering and nonstop about my dad.

Thank you
    You have my prayers for travel mercies, coming and going, and I hope that you and your Dad get to spend some time together, good time together, and I hope that he passes in peace.
    Don't start nuthin', then won't be nuthin'

Prayers said.

I am praying Mightily for your dad and you!

You both are in my 'intentions' when I say the rosary every morning, your dad will have a gentle transition and for you to get there safe and sound and come home safe and sound.

I know it is very hard on you at this time, but if you can remember what your mom tells you, even if you have to wake yourself up to write it down (she'll be waiting for you to go back to sleep and continue talking to you), she might have some very important news and information to impart to you and only you! V

This is such a tough time for anyone! Prayers for a safe trip and a comforting visit with your Dad.

Praying for safe travels and the opportunity to say goodbye. And for comfort. Becoming an orphan hurts no matter your age.

Praying.
    "One day I will leave this world and dream myself to Reality" Crazy Horse

Prayer said.

Quote Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
    Prayers from this corner! And I'm asking for travel mercies, too. Tomorrow will be windy in Iowa.
    We’re going to Quincy, Illinois we’re going to be driving into the brunt of that wind field.
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

Thank you everyone!

You have my and my husband's prayers. We have both been through this.
    Susan

Prayers sent - lost both of mine - its hard.
    Never, ever, ever, ever, give up!!

Prayers said.

prayers going up packy - still fortunate to have both of mine but at 91 and 92 I'm not far away from this with both of them.
    "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9 (NKJV)

III

Raging Deplorable - we do NOT forget; we do NOT forgive; we are LEGION