Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

GUNS/RLTD Texas County Declares ‘Second Amendment Sanctuary’ Status
+ Reply to Thread

Texas County Declares ‘Second Amendment Sanctuary’ Status

Commissioners in Hood County, Texas, declared “Second Amendment Sanctuary” status on Tuesday, vowing to stand with their sheriff if he refuses to enforce federal gun control laws.

NBC DFW quotes a portion of the “Second Amendment Sanctuary” resolution, which states, “Commissioners Court affirms its support for the duly elected Sheriff of Hood County, Texas, in the exercise of his sound discretion, and affirms its resolve to support decisions by our Sheriff to not enforce any unconstitutional firearms restrictions against any citizen.”

WFAA reported Hood County Sheriff Roger Deeds speaking in support of the resolution, saying, “I’m not going to stand by as a sheriff for this county and they are not going to stand by as the commissioners’ court of this county and let Second Amendment rights be violated,” Deeds said. “This is all about the right to keep and bear arms.”

Hood County resident Rick Palmer voiced support for the resolution: “I look at my handguns, my rifles in my safe, they don’t jump out and shoot nobody.” Palmer went on to suggest there could be war if the government ever makes a serious attempt at taking away firearms.

On September 12, 2019, Democrat presidential hopeful Robert “Beto” O’Rourke said, “Hell yes, we’re going to take your AR-15.” On September 13 O’Rourke made clear that his confiscatory plan for AR-15s would be “mandatory,” not voluntary.

The National Shooting Sports Foundation reports there are 16 million-plus privately owned AR-15s in the U.S.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ctuary-status/
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Don’t Mess With Texas!

Good show brothers! How many counties are in Texas? Pass constitutional carry and be done with it.

God bless Texas!!

Quote Originally Posted by texkat72 View Post
    Don’t Mess With Texas!
    Where is Beto from? Just goes to show how diverse TX is. LOL Just poking no harm intended. And good for Hood County.

I wonder if it's named for Gen. Hood. A confederate General. See there still some rebels in TX. LOL
    "Wise Men Still Seek Him"-bumper sticker

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."-John Adams
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own...."- Jeff Cooper, Art of the Rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybird View Post
    Good show brothers! How many counties are in Texas? Pass constitutional carry and be done with it.

Now if we could just get Palo Pinto Sheriff (neighbor to Hood) to show a pair... And some other counties in the Hill Country...

Hood County is a county located on the Edwards Plateau in the U.S. state of Texas. As of the 2010 census, the population was 51,182. Its county seat is Granbury. The county is named for John Bell Hood, a Confederate lieutenant general and the commander of Hood's Texas Brigade.
    RULE 1:
    THEY want you DEAD.

PERSEC OPSEC COMMSEC Live or Die by your Tradecraft.

Should I vanish, only one person here will know.

The BEST in Life:
    To CRUSH your enemies.
    To see them driven before you
    To listen to the lamentations of their women

Someone needs to point out to the sheriff that the right to go armed and preserve person and property is inherent in being alive, granted as natural rights by God Almighty.

The Constitution grants the people no rights, it secures their rights from any govt intervention, ANY.

The bill of rights is a list of some of the constraints on govt.

Any govt that grants a right (privelage) can also deny a right and be able to claim moral authority. The second amendment is a reminder to the govt that the rights inherent in being alive belong and derive from life and The Creator, not man.

So any restrictions on "arms" of any type is outside the purview of any govt. Moral and just govt only exists to serve the needs of the individuals, not some nebulous concept of "the people"; individuals are different and eacy holds the same rights inherent in their life, wants and feelings do not enter into this truth.
    Dosadi

III

My family & clan are my country.

At face value, this is one county resisting the commies push to disarm the American public.

More importantly, the elected officials are representing the wishes of their local constituents.

This how our governmental system was designed to operate.

It could also be seen as the first stages of Balkanization.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

And we live in Hood County, Texas!
    If at first you don't secede, try, try again!

Quote Originally Posted by Millwright View Post
    At face value, this is one county resisting the commies push to disarm the American public.

More importantly, the elected officials are representing the wishes of their local constituents.

This how our governmental system was designed to operate.

It could also be seen as the first stages of Balkanization.
    That was my initial take, as well. Texas is far too purple for anyone to celebrate this for more than a moment or three.MOON™
    Thoughts are things. Thus I'm careful of the thoughts I think, & the company I keep.
    She couldn't keep her colors inside the lines, so she drew new lines.