Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

GOV/MIL Defense Intelligence Agency worker arrested, accused of leaking top secret information to journalists
+ Reply to Thread

Defense Intelligence Agency worker arrested, accused of leaking top secret information to journalists

An analyst with the US Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) employee has been arrested and indicted on federal charges of leaking top secret classified information to a journalist he was reportedly intimately involved with.

Henry Kyle Frese, a 30-year-old counter-terrorism analyst, had a top secret clearance at the DIA and worked there as a contractor since January 2017 before becoming a full-time employee.

A criminal indictment made public on Wednesday says that one reporter wrote at least eight articles based on the compromised intelligence reports leaked by Frese.

Some of the classified intelligence reports Frese accessed were not connected to his job duties. In 2018, he allegedly offered top secret information about a foreign country’s weapons systems to a journalist who lived at his own Alexandria, Virginia address.

“The unauthorized disclosure of TOP SECRET information could reasonably be expected to cause exceptionally grave harm to the national security of the United States,” the Justice Department said in a statement announcing the charges.

The first journalist allegedly contacted Frese via direct message on Twitter, asking if he would speak to another journalist a week after he leaked one of the intelligence reports. Frese apparently replied that he was “down” to help the second journalist if he would help the first one “progress.”

While the indictment itself does not identify the journalists or the outlet involved, multiple reporters have cited information from the court records and social media posts as evidence that one of them had to be Amanda Macias, national security correspondent for CNBC, with whom Frese is believed to have been involved romantically.

If convicted of both counts of leaking, Frese could face a maximum of 10 years in prison.

https://www.rt.com/usa/470569-dia-frese-leaks-arrested/
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

10 years ain't enough.....

Let's deter this crap.

Public hanging.

Quote Originally Posted by Millwright View Post
    one of them had to be Amanda Macias, national security correspondent for CNBC, with whom Frese is believed to have been involved romantically.
    She probably has a stable of intel studs she's swiving for stories.
    Better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war.

Now arrest the journalists for being in possession of classified material.

Shadow
    "18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness… 21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened… 24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts…" Romans 1:18-32

Still nothing about Hilary's emails...
    🇺🇸T🇺🇸R🇺🇸U🇺🇸M🇺🇸P🇺🇸
    🇺🇸🇺🇸2🇺🇸0🇺🇸2🇺🇸0🇺🇸🇺🇸

Shouldn’t be news. Should be taking a dirt nap.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post

Shadow
    Long-term, big picture implications to your suggestion leave me in disagreement.
    "You are allowed to be disappointed but not surprised"

Quote Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
    Long-term, big picture implications to your suggestion leave me in disagreement.
    I seem to recall that we used to do arrests fo this, but I see the potential for abuse.

Shadow

One I remember is a guy who bought a used gov file cabinet and classified material had slipped over the back of a drawer and they were going to prosecute him until adults intervened.
    "18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness… 21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened… 24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts…" Romans 1:18-32

One I remember is a guy who bought a used gov file cabinet and classified material had slipped over the back of a drawer and they were going to prosecute him until adults intervened.
    Intent should mean something. I think it is evident our fourth estate has been acting like a fifth column. People like Kristian Saucier go to jail while Hillary was fast and loose with electronic secrets.

I know .guv needs secrets. I know people might die if they're compromised. I won't lose sleep over a guv employee who traded secrets to get his nubbin' greased. Send him to jail.

Seems the system is working to sort this out. Too many government secrets are to prevent embarrassment to government. Jmo

Intervention by adults is valuable. Imo, the press needs near immunity status if they act like adults...
    "You are allowed to be disappointed but not surprised"

Hoping for severe penalty for this and a large fine. It has got to hurt or this stuff will just continue.

Shadow
    I am not really in favor of this. Then everything would be classified. As far as he goes. Yep hang him.

Shadow
    Yes, it is a message that needs to be sent and it should be retroactive.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Co. View Post
    10 years ain't enough.....

Let's deter this crap.

Public hanging.
    My sentiments exactly. Death for treason.

Hopefully this is only the first perp walk.
    Find my free fiction stories here.

"Isn’t it interesting that the same people who laugh at science fiction listen to weather forecasts and economists?” - Kelvin R. Throop III