Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

POL Trey Gowdy Joins Trump’s Legal Team to Fight Impeachment
+ Reply to Thread

Trey Gowdy Joins Trump’s Legal Team to Fight Impeachment

Former Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-SC) has reportedly signed on to serve as outside counsel to President Donald Trump as part of his efforts to fight the House Democrats’ impeachment inquiry.

An unnamed administration official confirmed the move to the Associated Press on Tuesday evening.

Gowdy, who retired from Congress last year, represented South Carolina’s 4th Congressional District for eight years.

The former lawmaker served as House Oversight Committee chairman and oversaw the investigation into former Secretary of State Hilary Clinton and the events surrounding the 2012 terror attack in Benghazi, Libya. Since leaving Washington, D.C., Gowdy joined the law firm Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough and signed on as a Fox News Channel contributor.

The development came after the White House sent a letter to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) confirming it will not cooperate with the impeachment probe, branding it “illegitimate” and “unconstitutional.”

The letter, written by White House Counsel Pat Cipollone, accused the speaker of attempting to “overturn the results” of the 2016 presidential election.

“Given that your inquiry lacks any legitimate constitutional foundation, any pretense of fairness, or even the most elementary due process protections, the Executive Branch cannot be expected to participate in it,” the letter read. “Because participating in this inquiry under the current unconstitutional posture would inflict lasting institutional harm on the Executive Branch and lasting damage to the separation of powers, you have the President no choice.

“Consistent with the duties of the President of the United States, and in particular his obligation to preserve the rights of future occupants of his office, President Trump cannot permit his Administration to participate in this partisan inquiry under these circumstances,” it added.

Pelosi responded later Tuesday to President Trump with a letter of her own, vowing to hold him “accountable.”

“This letter is manifestly wrong, and is simply another unlawful attempt to hide the facts of the Trump Administration’s brazen efforts to pressure foreign powers to intervene in the 2020 elections,” the California Democrat wrote. “Despite the White House’s stonewalling, we see a growing body of evidence that shows that President Trump abused his office and violated his oath to ‘protect, preserve and defend the Constitution.”

“Mr. President, you are not above the law. You will be held accountable,” she concluded.

Pelosi kicked off the probe against President Trump late September after a partisan CIA officer accused the president in a so-called “whistleblower” complaint of asking Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to look into allegations of corruption against former Vice President Joe Biden and his son, Hunter Biden. Both have denied any pressure was applied to probe into the Biden family, and in a nod to transparency, the White House released a transcript of the presidents’ call to show no wrongdoing occurred.

On Tuesday, the Washington Examiner reported that the so-called “whistleblower” — who had been previously outed as a registered Democrat — in fact, had a previously “professional relationship’ with a 2020 Democrat White House hopeful.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...t-impeachment/
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

As a southern gentleman, Trey Gowdy has a unique way of expressing himself......enjoy him on youtube videos.
    True North Strong and Free

Gowdy is great show, but he accomplished little in the Benghazi hearings except bluster. However, it could be that he was pressured to hold back on Hillary and that is why he eventually resigned. She was clearly involved in supply of arms to ISIS and in lying to Congress. It is taking Judicial Watch to sue repeatedly to get her e-mail scandal revealed in all of its corruption. What ever happened about the Clinton Foundation and Pay to Play? Uranium One? Now the Ukrainian audio and court case shows they clearly interfered in the 2016 election for Clinton. What about Alexandra Chalupa and the DNC digging up dirt on Manafort? What about the Ukrainian sited Crowdstrike and its "investigation" into the "hacked" DNC Server? Where is the server and what correspondence is on it?
    "During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." George Orwell

Do we actually hope that Gowdy will actually do more than talk now that he doesn't have to worry about voters?
    E Deploribus Unum

Oderint dum metuant

Every day is a JDAM day

Guiliani and Sekulow have the legal side covered.

Gowdy can provide a bit of the insight into the Deceivocrat Critters that are involved. Otherwise, his failure to deliver speaks volumes to me.
    God bless you and your families,

Cubbie
    "Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense, to repay every one for what he has done." (Rv 22:12)
    www.call2holiness.org/iniquity.htm

Quote Originally Posted by The Mountain View Post
    Do we actually hope that Gowdy will actually do more than talk now that he doesn't have to worry about voters?
    That is my thought!
    🇺🇸T🇺🇸R🇺🇸U🇺🇸M🇺🇸P🇺🇸
    🇺🇸🇺🇸2🇺🇸0🇺🇸2🇺🇸0🇺🇸🇺🇸

Quote Originally Posted by The Mountain View Post
    Honestly, I see no reasonable expectation of a more forceful or righteous performance from Gowdy. Nice enough guy (i,e, Southern gentleman) but apparently not worth a damn in the warfare of the political trenches.

I would like to be wrong about him with his new assignment.
    "Talking is easy and everyone is wise after the event."

Ernest Joyce

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...ump-legal-team

Fox Drops Trey Gowdy After Veteran Prosecutor Joins Trump Legal Team

Trey Gowdy has been "terminated and is no longer a contributor" at Fox News, just one day after Axios reported that the former South Carolina lawmaker had joined president Trump's legal team as outside counsel.

Gowdy retired from Congress last year after opting no to seek reelection, instead returning to private practice and joining Fox News as a contributor.

According to Axios, Trump asked Gowdy to assist him with legal advice amid an ongoing impeachment inquiry. "Gowdy is expected to advise the White House behind the scenes and appear on TV to advocate on behalf of the president," a person familiar with the matter told Axios's Margarate Talev, adding that his experience heading the Benghazi probe (which found no wrongdoing by then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton) was seen as an asset.

According to Gowdy's bio at law firm Nelson Mullins:

As a former member of the U.S. House of Representatives for South Carolina’s 4th Congressional District, Mr. Gowdy chaired the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee. He served on the House Committees on Intelligence and Ethics. He also served on the Judiciary Committee, where he served as Chairman of the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations. He was involved in the Benghazi and Russian investigations, two of the most significant congressional investigations in the last decade. An experienced trial lawyer, Mr. Gowdy is a former state and federal prosecutor.

Gowdy joins Trump's legal team amid a flurry of impeachment-related subpoenas that the White House has refused to comply with - a move House Democrats said would constitute obstruction, a potentially impeachable offense itself.

The White House said Tuesday that it will not cooperate with House Democrats’ impeachment inquiry, ratcheting up tensions between the legislative and executive branches amid an outcry from Democrats that the Trump administration is stonewalling their investigations.

Trump personal attorney Rudolph W. Giuliani said earlier Tuesday that he would not cooperate with House investigators and that he “can’t imagine” that anyone from the Trump administration would appear before a Democratic-led panel investigating the president.

Giuliani’s comments came hours after the State Department blocked a scheduled deposition by Gordon Sondland, a key figure in the Ukraine controversy, prompting three House committee chairmen to announce that they would issue a subpoena.

It will be interesting to see how Gowdy and Giuliani play together.

Plain Jane wishes she felt more confident about Gowdy joining the Trump team.

Quote Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
    https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...ump-legal-team

Fox Drops Trey Gowdy After Veteran Prosecutor Joins Trump Legal Team

Trey Gowdy has been "terminated and is no longer a contributor" at Fox News, just one day after Axios reported that the former South Carolina lawmaker had joined president Trump's legal team as outside counsel.

Gowdy retired from Congress last year after opting no to seek reelection, instead returning to private practice and joining Fox News as a contributor.

According to Axios, Trump asked Gowdy to assist him with legal advice amid an ongoing impeachment inquiry. "Gowdy is expected to advise the White House behind the scenes and appear on TV to advocate on behalf of the president," a person familiar with the matter told Axios's Margarate Talev, adding that his experience heading the Benghazi probe (which found no wrongdoing by then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton) was seen as an asset.

According to Gowdy's bio at law firm Nelson Mullins:

As a former member of the U.S. House of Representatives for South Carolina’s 4th Congressional District, Mr. Gowdy chaired the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee. He served on the House Committees on Intelligence and Ethics. He also served on the Judiciary Committee, where he served as Chairman of the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations. He was involved in the Benghazi and Russian investigations, two of the most significant congressional investigations in the last decade. An experienced trial lawyer, Mr. Gowdy is a former state and federal prosecutor.

Gowdy joins Trump's legal team amid a flurry of impeachment-related subpoenas that the White House has refused to comply with - a move House Democrats said would constitute obstruction, a potentially impeachable offense itself.

The White House said Tuesday that it will not cooperate with House Democrats’ impeachment inquiry, ratcheting up tensions between the legislative and executive branches amid an outcry from Democrats that the Trump administration is stonewalling their investigations.

Trump personal attorney Rudolph W. Giuliani said earlier Tuesday that he would not cooperate with House investigators and that he “can’t imagine” that anyone from the Trump administration would appear before a Democratic-led panel investigating the president.

Giuliani’s comments came hours after the State Department blocked a scheduled deposition by Gordon Sondland, a key figure in the Ukraine controversy, prompting three House committee chairmen to announce that they would issue a subpoena.

It will be interesting to see how Gowdy and Giuliani play together.

Plain Jane wishes she felt more confident about Gowdy joining the Trump team.
    I won't be surprised to see him attempting to undermine from within...no confidence in him after his total lack of perp walks from those who were obviously guilty as he*l in multiple investigations....
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in.

("Anthem" by Leonard Cohen)

Gowdy is a good show but he dug up nothing on the Benghazi mess NOTHING.
    "When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law." ~ Frederic Bastiilt

"Duty is ours; results are God's."

President Trump may have made a yuuuggh mistake there. I hope Trey Gowdy is just a side show for some psychological reasoning by President Trump.
    The people of the United States are the rightful masters of both Congress and the Courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. Abraham Lincoln, 1859

Gowdy could not force criminal proceedings unilaterally.

It took a vote to move on these things.

The votes weren't there.

Deplorable

Trey has always seemed to talk a good game. I'm not aware of any product from his various confrontations.
    Better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war.

Multiple Reports: Trey Gowdy Joins Trump Legal Team – Impeachment Defense…

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...e/#more-173285
    God bless you and your families,

Cubbie
    "Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense, to repay every one for what he has done." (Rv 22:12)
    www.call2holiness.org/iniquity.htm

The House of Representatives doesn't prosecute people. All they can do is investigate.

They can refer people to the DOJ. But it is the DOJ's prerogative whether or not to prosecute.
    Was known as dairyfarmer but sold the cows.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Sunday View Post
    Honestly, I see no reasonable expectation of a more forceful or righteous performance from Gowdy. Nice enough guy (i,e, Southern gentleman) but apparently not worth a damn in the warfare of the political trenches.

I would like to be wrong about him with his new assignment.
    Ben, my thinking is this is all just Act XVII in the political theater. The script has already been written !!!
    "No one ever rescues an old dog. They lay in a cage until they die. PLEASE save one. None of us wants to die cold and alone... --Dennis Olson "

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I don't trust him and I think Trump may be taken in by another Deep State plant. He really has to use more discernment. Gowdy was all talk and it seems he was never going to do anything but talk, to appease the conservatives and make them think someone was on their side so they wouldn't get restless. He never accomplished anything, it was just talk, talk, talk. big mistake imho. Trump needs to be closing ranks, not adding more people from DC into his inner circle.

HD
    The future keeps telling us what the past was about. You make the past mean different things by the way you use the time that come after.- A. Fancy

Despite the disdain seen here I think it was a great move by Trump. Only so much one man can do when acting in conjunction with a crowd of idiots.
    Back when I was a kid.
    Pencil and paper were my keyboard, monitor and printer. My brain was the computer. The mouse was a pesky animal caught in a trap. Phones had dials not buttons. Text was something you "read" not "did".

I had some respect for Gowdy at one time, but his recent comments on gun control put him on the enemies list for me. He's just like the rest of the low life politicians out there, he'll jump on whatever bandwagon he thinks will take him the farthest.

I hope for Trump's sake that he understands impeachment better than the 2nd Amendment.

He also joined Fox News in some capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    He also joined Fox News in some capacity.
    They dropped him as a contributor as soon as he announced joining Trump's defense team.

Quote Originally Posted by 4RIVERS View Post
    They dropped him as a contributor as soon as he announced joining Trump's defense team.
    Yeah that is a standard practice. He can still be interviewed, but he can't work for Fox. Don't know about CNN but once a contributor goes to work for any segment of the government, or even runs for an office, they are terminated.

I like the way Trey talks on the committee's, seems to know his stuff. Not sure about his policies, but as a lawyer, he might do some good. He was definitely hamstrung in Congress.
    "Wise Men Still Seek Him"-bumper sticker

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."-John Adams
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own...."- Jeff Cooper, Art of the Rifle

I had some respect for Gowdy at one time, but his recent comments on gun control put him on the enemies list for me. He's just like the rest of the low life politicians out there, he'll jump on whatever bandwagon he thinks will take him the farthest.

I hope for Trump's sake that he understands impeachment better than the 2nd Amendment.
    What did he say ??

Regards
    "No one ever rescues an old dog. They lay in a cage until they die. PLEASE save one. None of us wants to die cold and alone... --Dennis Olson "

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Gowdy understands the mechanics of congress, one of the most convoluted and complex power and money brokering systems you can imagine.

He also knows where a lot of bodies are buried.

Trump hired him for a specific job, because of that skillset and knowledge base.

Deplorable

Quote Originally Posted by NoDandy View Post
    What did he say ??

Regards
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...about-gun-laws

Trey Gowdy gave an impassioned plea on Fox News on Sunday for lawmakers to come up with some law to stop mass shootings in the United States.

“The right-to-life is the most fundamental, basic, primary right that we have. It is the right from which all other rights emanate,” said Gowdy. “It doesn’t matter if you are have the right to a lawyer if you are dead. It doesn’t matter if you have the right to free speech if you are dead. Doesn’t matter if you have the right to keep and bear arms if you are dead.

"So, on a personal level, I’m willing to subrogate any of my other rights to avoid another Sandy Hook, another pulse nightclub, another day like we had yesterday. But I’m out of politics and I’m not going back. So the legislators need to look at the laws on the book, are they being enforced?"

The former congressman emphasized that every right has some sort of restriction attached to it, before stating he would be willing to get behind gun laws that could be demonstrated to decrease gun violence.

"Just more laws that are not going to be enforced is a panacea and is not going to work. Show me a law to prevent the next Sandy Hook and sign me up as a husband and father. Show me the law and sign me up and I will give up any other right I have," Gowdy ended his plea.

The South Carolina Republican's call for action followed a weekend with mass shootings in Dayton, Ohio, and El Paso, Texas, which killed over two dozen and injured dozens more.

President Trump weighed in Monday, urging lawmakers to pass background checks. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi told Democratic lawmakers to focus on background checks. too, in order to put pressure on Republican lawmakers to pass some form of legislation after the shootings.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...about-gun-laws

Trey Gowdy gave an impassioned plea on Fox News on Sunday for lawmakers to come up with some law to stop mass shootings in the United States.

“The right-to-life is the most fundamental, basic, primary right that we have. It is the right from which all other rights emanate,” said Gowdy. “It doesn’t matter if you are have the right to a lawyer if you are dead. It doesn’t matter if you have the right to free speech if you are dead. Doesn’t matter if you have the right to keep and bear arms if you are dead.

"So, on a personal level, I’m willing to subrogate any of my other rights to avoid another Sandy Hook, another pulse nightclub, another day like we had yesterday. But I’m out of politics and I’m not going back. So the legislators need to look at the laws on the book, are they being enforced?"

The former congressman emphasized that every right has some sort of restriction attached to it, before stating he would be willing to get behind gun laws that could be demonstrated to decrease gun violence.

"Just more laws that are not going to be enforced is a panacea and is not going to work. Show me a law to prevent the next Sandy Hook and sign me up as a husband and father. Show me the law and sign me up and I will give up any other right I have," Gowdy ended his plea.

The South Carolina Republican's call for action followed a weekend with mass shootings in Dayton, Ohio, and El Paso, Texas, which killed over two dozen and injured dozens more.

President Trump weighed in Monday, urging lawmakers to pass background checks. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi told Democratic lawmakers to focus on background checks. too, in order to put pressure on Republican lawmakers to pass some form of legislation after the shootings.
    I read a couple news reports on this. They all selectively omit the following part of his statement: "If we need more restrictions, then draw the causal scientific link between what you're proposing and what you hope to be the outcome......". Not defending him, but from what he said in the video at your link I'm not sure what he actually would support.
    Was known as dairyfarmer but sold the cows.

https://youtu.be/cYdpOjletnc

4:46

Trey gowdy
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jackpine Savage View Post
    I read a couple news reports on this. They all selectively omit the following part of his statement: "If we need more restrictions, then draw the causal scientific link between what you're proposing and what you hope to be the outcome......". Not defending him, but from what he said in the video at your link I'm not sure what he actually would support.
    I read the stories and watched the video, but his statements concerned me greatly. I did think highly of him, but I can’t give him a pass on it.

When all you have in your holster is laws, you want to use laws. Unfortunately all the laws passed are not respected by law breakers. Hence, laws do not work with criminals. Laws restrict the law abiding. It's an age old argument with understanding that the issues are not law oriented, but more closely related to a society gone crazy.... let the non crazy law abiding folks carry guns, and much of the crazyness goes away.