Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

REL GENRL Pope Opens Amazon Synod With A REALLY Weird Ritual
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pope Opens Amazon Synod With A REALLY Weird Ritual

https://clashdaily.com/2019/10/say-w...-weird-ritual/

In what possible world did THIS seem like a good idea?

A ‘synod’ is a when a Christian church — in this case, Catholic — has a general meeting for all members of the denomination around the world. It’s where the come together and wrestle with issues of the day, and come to agreement about what direction they are to take in the future.

By nature, such an event blends elements of religious worship and of business meetings.

This year, it’s the Amazon Synod, and it opened in a way that shocked and disgusted many Christians.

Trending: LMAO: Does This ‘Third Whistleblower’ Seem Kinda Familiar To YOU, Too?

It also left many observers with serious questions about what it is that the Pope really believes.

On Saturday, Pope Francis along with Brazilian Cardinal Cláudio Hummes and Cardinal Lorenzo Baldisseri (both leaders of the synod) attended an indigenous ritual, a tree-planting ceremony in the Vatican gardens. Participants danced around a mandala, spread soil from “symbolic places,” and bowed to two female fertility figures. A male figure with erect penis lay nearby. (See here.)

The pope himself threw in the first shovelful of dirt. After sitting for an hour in the hot Roman sun, he looked tired and chose to set aside his prepared remarks. He just recited an Our Father without comment, and left.

This is no small matter and it’s difficult to see how cardinals and bishops simply let it pass. Many don’t, privately, but this will have major public repercussions, not least the scandal of suggesting that Christ is not the only way to the Father — which the Vatican seems more and more ready to allow. (We have here another example of confusion over the Abu Dhabi Statement that Pope Francis signed asserting that God willed a “pluralism and diversity of religions.”) Giving the impression that non-Catholics are pretty much fine where they already are is the quickest way to tamp down enthusiasm for evangelizing — which this synod is supposed to be encouraging.

It’s worth remembering too that fertility gods were associated with child sacrifice in the ancient Mideast; Jewish monotheism definitively broke with all that. Some indigenous gods in the New World, too, notoriously demanded human sacrifice.
    Source: LifeSite

Elijah, as well as Moses, met with Jesus on the Mount of Transfiguration. And what was Elijah best know for? His open opposition to the fertility gods of his day.

(That famous encounter on Mount Carmel actually ended with the execution of the Prophets of Baal.)

Jeremiah, written about the impending destruction of Jerusalem, made frequent and repeated pointed references to Israel’s unfaithfulness in that generation, and their worship of foreign gods.

The Apostle Peter — two whom Roman Catholics trace Papal leadership back — gave a fierce rebuke of those who tolerate false teaching and heresy.

But now we have a Catholic Pope opening a Synod with literal pagan worship rites, and showing his blessing upon it by PERSONALLY participating in the process?

As a Protestant, I’m usually one of the voices telling other non-Catholics to dial down rhetoric against their Catholic brothers and sisters. Eternity is a long time for us to be stuck with each other, we might as well learn to get along now, rather than later. But I gotta level with you… your guy is WAY off course here.

NOTHING in God’s Word has ever made the worship of dead idols acceptable. Ever.

I’m not really clear on what remedies you guys have for an out-of-control Pope, or if the Cardinals can stage an intervention of some kind, but the guy in charge now doesn’t just have bad politics, he’s showing signs of some sketchy religion, too.

It’s enough to make one wonder what was IN that white smoke on the day the picked the current Pope.

Any idea what’s going on with your guy?

Anyone? Bueller?
    "Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we will all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."
    Dumbledore to Harry Potter, Goblet of Fire.

Luke 21:36

A people who no longer recognize sin and evil, are not a people who will recognize tyranny and despotism either. Invar

“During the course of your life you will find that things are not always fair. You will find that things happen to you that you do not deserve and that are not always warranted. But you have to put your head down and fight, fight, fight. Never, ever, ever give up!”

- President Donald J. Trump

Central Illinois..halfway between here and there.
    I try to take what I read or hear about this guy with a grain of salt. There have been times that what was said about him has been taken out of context and used against the church. When I take the time to actually go and seek the story for myself, I find that I've been mislead...sometimes. That being said, NOTHING this imposter does surprises me any more.

I still maintain that the real pope is being held hostage.
    Needs more cowbell.
    "The Constitution only gives people the right to persue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." --Benjamin Franklin
    Proud member of fly-over country

I had to hunt down the video.

YUP.

Two fertility goddesses and a male figure with an erect penis. You can see them in the background when the Pope is shoveling dirt on the tree.

Here's the link for those on phones:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=Qebfx3M7j_8

1min 25sec

I'm not Catholic bashing in any sense of the word, but this pope seems to have formed his own religion. He is unqualified to lead the RCC or anything else.
    Sherree

Impeachment?
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    It’s a real pisser when your belief system gets T-boned by reality.
    I’m not afraid of dying...I just don’t want to be there!
    ...sell your cloak, and buy a sword...Second Amendment 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by Profit of Doom View Post
    Impeachment?
    It's complicated.
    To start with, the former Pope is still alive, and did not abdicate legally.
    He attempted to "split the Papacy" which was (I believe according to canon law) an illegitimate act.
    So technically, he is still the real Pope.

Bergoglio is what is referred to as an "anti-pope."

Antipope | Definition of Antipope by Merriam-Webster

Definition of antipope. : one elected or claiming to be pope in opposition to the pope canonically chosen.

Since it is already a tangled morass, trying to remove Bergoglio becomes lots more complex.
    "Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we will all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."

A people who no longer recognize sin and evil, are not a people who will recognize tyranny and despotism either. Invar

“During the course of your life you will find that things are not always fair. You will find that things happen to you that you do not deserve and that are not always warranted. But you have to put your head down and fight, fight, fight. Never, ever, ever give up!”

I am appalled at what I saw, and what was described.

THE ONLY “CUE” THAT THE POPE MAY HAVE BEEN TRICKED INTO THIS MESS is that IT WAS OBVIOUS THAT HE WAS SO MISINFORMED ABOUT THE NATURE OF THE EVENT, THAT HE THREW AWAY HIS “PREPARED SPEECH” response, because it became obvious that it “didn’t fit” what he was TOLD was scheduled, what he saw, and which seemed to drive him to the only “refuge” available.....the Lord’s prayer, as his ONLY response.

I firmly believe that there are powerful EVIL people twisting and deflecting the power, authority and influence of the Pope to serve their own nefarious goals and that this pope may never have had to deal with such intimate members of his staff before who were both powerful and utterly EVIL.
    Want a NEW LIFE, to be "born again?" Your acceptance of Jesus's death for you, by proxy, on the Cross must include your understanding, consenting/ratifying that YOU AGREE that means YOU, your will, your way died. When you do, then you become "born again", a new creation, filled with His Holy Spirit, Jesus and his eternal life will dwell within you as his temple. He died for all, but not all will RATIFY His sacrifice for them.

Climate change mentioned twice. Get a grip!
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    It’s a real pisser when your belief system gets T-boned by reality.
    I’m not afraid of dying...I just don’t want to be there!
    ...sell your cloak, and buy a sword...Second Amendment 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by ainitfunny View Post

THE ONLY “CUE” THAT THE POPE MAY HAVE BEEN TRICKED INTO THIS MESS is that IT WAS OBVIOUS THAT HE WAS SO MISINFORMED ABOUT THE NATURE OF THE EVENT, THAT HE THREW AWAY HIS “PREPARED SPEECH” response, because it became obvious that it “didn’t fit” what he was TOLD was scheduled, what he saw, and which seemed to drive him to the only “refuge” available.....the Lord’s prayer, as his ONLY response.

I firmly believe that there are powerful EVIL people twisting and deflecting the power, authority and influence of the Pope to serve their own nefarious goals and that this pope may never have had to deal with such intimate members of his staff before who were both powerful and utterly EVIL.
    What? He's the POPE. If he didn't want to participate in that farce, he could have declined. From a spiritual point of view, that would have been a very powerful message
    Your levity is good, it relieves tension and the fear of death.

The Frigid Times - http://www.frigidtimes.blogspot.com/
    Civil Defense Reborn - http://cdreborn.blogspot.com/
    Believe what you will, but the Russian nuclear threat is far from dead. It ain't even sick. - Brutus

Your Pope is pretty ballsy when speaking to or about Trump.

He didn't have a problem with the ceremony, and wasn't forced to be there.

1) He MIGHT have been COMPLETELY misled as to the ceremony.
    2) Standing up and walking out is NOT how one starts this kind of meeting.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"He didn't have a problem with the ceremony, and wasn't forced to be there. "

The assumes MUCH not in evidence.

If you really want to get into the weeds re the
    legitimacy of current Pope, don't miss reading...

https://www.barnhardt.biz/

- Shane

THE GOOD NEWS ABOUT NUCLEAR DESTRUCTION!
    WHAT TO DO IF A NUCLEAR DISASTER IS IMMINENT!
    When An ill Wind Blows From Afar! (Overseas Fallout)

"A prudent man foresees the difficulties ahead and prepares for them;
    the simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences."
    - Proverbs 22:3

Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post

- Shane
    Oh yeah, she is mandatory reading for insight.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSearcher View Post
    What? He's the POPE. If he didn't want to participate in that farce, he could have declined. From a spiritual point of view, that would have been a very powerful message
    Exactly. I'm a cradle Catholic but in all seriousness, I think this 'pope' is nothing but a piece of 'poop'
    When you care to send the very best, send an Army Ranger!

At least she's based in the Baltimore Catechism. So I can see where she is coming from.

But, whadda *I* know. I go to a Hippy Church now. Though, if you scratch me, yeah I bleed. Look closer and you find St. Bernards and Father Willenberg and Monseigneur May chivvying me along.
    RULE 1:
    THEY want you DEAD.

PERSEC OPSEC COMMSEC Live or Die by your Tradecraft.

Should I vanish, only one person here will know.

The BEST in Life:
    To CRUSH your enemies.
    To see them driven before you
    To listen to the lamentations of their women

Quote Originally Posted by night driver View Post

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. So what?
    2. If you are representing the earthly head of what considers itself the true Christian church and pagan ceremony is used, sure you walk out. Unless either you agree with what's going on, or you're a coward.
    Your levity is good, it relieves tension and the fear of death.

The Frigid Times - http://www.frigidtimes.blogspot.com/
    Civil Defense Reborn - http://cdreborn.blogspot.com/
    Believe what you will, but the Russian nuclear threat is far from dead. It ain't even sick. - Brutus

Not to piss any Catholics here off (my wife is Catholic too) but this current Pope seems like an anti-pope to me. Just about everything he says seems wrong.

8 “Behold, you trust in lying words that cannot profit. 9 Will you steal, murder, commit adultery, swear falsely, burn incense to Baal, and walk after other gods whom you do not know, 10 and then come and stand before Me in this house which is called by My name, and say, ‘We are delivered to do all these abominations’? 11 Has this house, which is called by My name, become a den of thieves in your eyes? Behold, I, even I, have seen it,” says the Lord.
    Jer. 7:8-11

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury3 View Post
    Not to piss any Catholics here off (my wife is Catholic too) but this current Pope seems like an anti-pope to me. Just about everything he says seems wrong.
    See my definition above regarding anti pope.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    It's complicated.
    To start with, the former Pope is still alive, and did not abdicate legally.
    He attempted to "split the Papacy" which was (I believe according to canon law) an illegitimate act.
    So technically, he is still the real Pope.

Bergoglio is what is referred to as an "anti-pope."

Antipope | Definition of Antipope by Merriam-Webster

Definition of antipope. : one elected or claiming to be pope in opposition to the pope canonically chosen.

Since it is already a tangled morass, trying to remove Bergoglio becomes lots more complex.
    This is correct. I learned much of the same from Ann Barnhardt's video about it.
    Gold is the Money of Kings
    Silver is the Money of Gentlemen
    Barter is the money of Peasants
    But Debt is the money of Slaves

Ok that was weird. What's next, ritual human sacrifices?

Quote Originally Posted by GammaRat View Post
    I had to hunt down the video.

YUP.

Two fertility goddesses and a male figure with an erect penis. You can see them in the background when the Pope is shoveling dirt on the tree.

Here's the link for those on phones:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=Qebfx3M7j_8

1min 25sec

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaMan View Post
    They have already occurred.
    🇺🇸T🇺🇸R🇺🇸U🇺🇸M🇺🇸P🇺🇸
    🇺🇸🇺🇸2🇺🇸0🇺🇸2🇺🇸0🇺🇸🇺🇸

- Shane
    Thank you, Shane. Not the easiest reading (When did I get so uneducated?) but well worth the effort!
    Needs more cowbell.
    "The Constitution only gives people the right to persue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." --Benjamin Franklin

- Shane
    Thanks, Shane. One of the many evil things the pope has done, and not just this pope. The vatican is going to be instrumental in setting up the one-world government and false religion they will force on the masses in these end times.

I will not comply.
    https://safeg.net/home A Safe Alternative to Harmful 5G Wireless

Matthew 10:17 But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues; 18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles. 19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.

Quote Originally Posted by ainitfunny View Post

If he TRULY did not want to participate in a PAGAN ritual--

HE COULD HAVE WALKED AWAY.

THAT would have shown his feelings FAR better than "just saying the Lord's Prayer."

Isn't there a Bible verse about this, somewhere?

Something about "drinking from the LORD'S CUP and drinking from those of DEMONS? (THINK about that symbology, my Catholic brothers and sisters---ESPECIALLY in light of the Mass!)--

HERE ARE THE VERSES: I Corinthians 10

14 My friends, you must keep away from idols. 15 I am speaking to you as people who have enough sense to know what I am talking about. 16 When we drink from the cup that we ask God to bless, isn’t that sharing in the blood of Christ? When we eat the bread that we break, isn’t that sharing in the body of Christ? 17 By sharing in the same loaf of bread, we become one body, even though there are many of us.

18 Aren’t the people of Israel sharing in the worship when they gather around the altar and eat the sacrifices offered there? 19 Am I saying that either the idols or the food sacrificed to them is anything at all? 20 No, I am not! That food is really sacrificed to demons and not to God. I don’t want you to have anything to do with demons. 21 You cannot drink from the cup of demons and still drink from the Lord’s cup. You cannot eat at the table of demons and still eat at the Lord’s table.
    Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaMan View Post
    Screen shot from above video--you can see the male idols (there are 3 total) --the one to the right of the two pregnant female idols is the one with the erection.
    Attached Images
    Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Milk-maid View Post
    This is correct. I learned much of the same from Ann Barnhardt's video about it.
    Does she have a website? I SO admire her courage, and remember her rallying cry "I WILL NOT SUBMIT!" Do I have to just do random searches on You Tube, or is there a central site? Last i heard, she was living in poverty after giving up her once very-successful financial management career due to not being able to conscientiously live with the moral compromises of that position any longer, and was living in a trailer of her sister's, nearly penniless....

ETA--never mind---just saw link from Shane's post:

I noticed Anne put up on her site the video below yesterday (Oct 9) as HER response to the Pope's "Amazon" ritual: (long--about 56 minutes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=HbD4vBkzbkA

South Louisiana near New Orleans by the Mississippi River
    Quote Originally Posted by night driver View Post

I agree with you especially since he really didn't comment and just simply said the Lord's Prayer.

While I disagree with much of what he's doing, in this case, he behaved just as missionaries would have when they came upon tribes in the Amazon. (Even though some of these "Amazonians" looked like aged hippies. )

We all know as missionaries came upon the native villages and sat at the tribal fire, they didn't point and shake their finger with fire and brimstone as the natives danced bare-breasted and showed off their "gods." They won them over gradually.

Evidently, they weren't won over totally, so, in no way was Pope Francis going to walk off insulting this weird show of semi-paganism this time either.

(My worry is that he won't finish the job of conversion and only use it to dilute yet even more of our teachings. )

Quote Originally Posted by Terriannie View Post
    I agree with you especially since he really didn't comment and just simply said the Lord's Prayer.

While I disagree with much of what he's doing, in this case, he behaved just as missionaries would have when they came upon tribes in the Amazon. (Even though some of these "Amazonians" looked like aged hippies. )

We all know as missionaries came upon the native villages and sat at the tribal fire, they didn't point and shake their finger with fire and brimstone as the natives danced bare-breasted and showed off their "gods." They won them over gradually.

Evidently, they weren't won over totally, so, in no way was Pope Francis going to walk off insulting this weird show of semi-paganism this time either.

(My worry is that he won't finish the job of conversion and only use it to dilute yet even more of our teachings. )

This was NOT in the jungles of the Amazon.

This was in the back GARDENS of the VATICAN.

He sat there and allowed a worship of pagan IDOLS to take place at the VATICAN.

I think the verses I posted from I Corinthians 10 above pretty much speak to that. Christians do not "point and shake their finger with fire and brimstone"---but NEITHER do they PARTICIPATE in a ceremony in a way that is "drinking from the cup of the Lord AND the CUP OF DEMONS" (read the verses---a few posts above.)

You're serious?

What is the Amazon Synod?

It's a church denominational business meeting. It wasn't multi-faith. This was a CATHOLIC meeting.. This is the opening ceremony of the synod. An open ceremony of pagan idol worship. Those people weren't bowing down before Jesus.. the virgin Mary.. or even a saint.

I am completely amazed by people sticking their heads in the sand. A very good analogy.

I don't know how your teachings can be any more diluted than worshiping other gods..

No, he was NOT worshipping! He probably had no clue what to expect and was being polite. His display of manners wouldn't matter whether it's in the jungle or in the garden of the Vatican.

If any of you were seated to watch that scene with cameras all over the place, I guarantee (well mostly guarantee) you would NOT make a scene shouting and pointing fingers. You'd probably do what he did and that's just smile politely and say The Lords Prayer. (If you notice he did not take and hold the statue of the supposed half-naked "Mary" even though it looks like it was offered to him.)

As far as the Amazon Synod goes, I already expressed my worry about that but that's a whole different topic.

No, he was NOT worshipping! He probably had no clue what to expect and was being polite. His display of manners wouldn't matter whether it's in the jungle or in the garden of the Vatican.

If any of you were seated to watch that scene with cameras all over the place, I guarantee (well mostly guarantee) you would NOT make a scene shouting and pointing fingers. You'd probably do what he did and that's just smile politely and say The Lords Prayer. (If you notice he did not take and hold the statue of the supposed half-naked "Mary" even though it looks like it was offered to him.)

As far as the Amazon Synod goes, I already expressed my worry about that but that's a whole different topic.
    So what you are saying is that Bergoglio didn't want to offend the worshipers? Sorry, but as leader he should be setting an example. If I was invited to a performance of the play "Hamilton" (as it was once time presented on Broadway), I'm probably not sitting through it because of the undeserved bashing they delivered to Trump. I find it offensive. I don't believe in it and don't condone it. Bergoglio should have gotten up and left with a statement that he didn't think this was the proper place for a PAGAN ritual. By doing nothing, it appears that he approved of it.

Would something like this be allowed in a Jewish temple? Doubtful, since Jesus himself through the money changers out. I am beyond certain that nothing like this would ever see the inside of a mosque. I can get on board with the tree planting but the pagan ceremony had no place inside the Vatican and who ever approved it, should have known better unless they were instructed by higher ups.
    Needs more cowbell.

The did give him a mic...

Just sayin..

Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    So what you are saying is that Bergoglio didn't want to offend the worshipers? Sorry, but as leader he should be setting an example. If I was invited to a performance of the play "Hamilton" (as it was once time presented on Broadway), I'm probably not sitting through it because of the undeserved bashing they delivered to Trump. I find it offensive. I don't believe in it and don't condone it. Bergoglio should have gotten up and left with a statement that he didn't think this was the proper place for a PAGAN ritual. By doing nothing, it appears that he approved of it.

Would something like this be allowed in a Jewish temple? Doubtful, since Jesus himself through the money changers out. I am beyond certain that nothing like this would ever see the inside of a mosque. I can get on board with the tree planting but the pagan ceremony had no place inside the Vatican and who ever approved it, should have known better unless they were instructed by higher ups.
    That would not be the time to shake his finger condemning them. And yes, because he didn't, he did give the impression he "approved." Hopefully and prayerfully he would get the real message through, without insulting them. If not, then it's on his conscience, not ours.

I will NOT leave my church nor the Sacraments because of this Pope! I know all too well that he wouldn't be the first "maybe-bad" Pope as we survived over 2,000 years with a few other bad ones in our midst. While some of the "bad" ones played havoc in the past and present, NONE of them were capable of changing Doctrines or Dogmas. Our Church belongs to Jesus Christ and is guided by the Holy Spirit and in Him only do I put my 100% total trust that He knows what he's doing, allowing all this schism to play out yet once again. (Only I sure wish it wasn't in MY lifetime!!! )

Oh and about attending Jewish/Muslim ceremonies, if I'm not mistaken, some Popes have and they managed to compose themselves with good manners versus finger-pointing. While Jesus did overturn a few tables when it was called for, he mostly just spoke TRUTH, calmly and decisively with nary a finger, pointed.

I will pray that Pope Francis is listening to Jesus instead of the liberals and that's about all we can do. Pray.

Or shake the dust off your sandals and follow Jesus...

The Strange Gods of Pope Francis

https://spectator.org/the-strange-gods-of-pope-francis/

Tourists in Rome are long familiar with the image of Romulus and Remus suckling the teats of a wolf. But this week visitors to the Pan-Amazon Synod encountered a new image: an Amazonian mother suckling a dog. That picture hangs in a church next to the Vatican: Santa Maria in Traspontina. I wandered into it the other day and was struck by the jarring contrast between its stunning Baroque interior and the bonkers propaganda plastered on and near its walls. Much of the church had been turned into a shrine to the plight and nature-worship of Amazonians. Beneath the picture of the woman nursing a dog (while carrying a baby), a poster declares fatuously, “Everything is Connected.”

The poster captures the sheer obnoxiousness of the pope’s “ecological” kick. What a dismal devolution Rome has suffered under him. What will he do next? Turn the Pantheon back into a pagan temple? Why not? If Amazonian pantheism is a “religious experience” worthy of Catholic respect, why not revive ancient paganism, too? Perhaps the pope’s next synod can rehabilitate Nero.

Stripped of all of its pious cant, the pope’s Pan-Amazon Synod is nothing more than a bald violation of the First Commandment. Pope Francis is placing strange idols before the Triune God — in this case, Amazonian ones. Last week, he had a contingent of Indian activists — some of whom I have heard were flown over to Rome first-class by the German bishops — perform pagan rituals in the Vatican gardens. In that moment, every prediction of his anti-modernist predecessors came true: they all said that if the Church adopted the subjectivism of the “Enlightenment,” it would end up blessing false religions.

But more is at work here than simply the pope’s usual religious relativism. Why did he select the Amazon as his pretext to undermine doctrine and discipline? He could have chosen other remote regions. Why that one? I am told by a seasoned Vatican observer that the answer lies with the German bishops, who are largely financing this farce and its accompanying propaganda.

“This is about bringing the Vatican and the United Nations closer together,” he says. “The German bishops don’t care about Amazonian Indians, and they certainly don’t care about people not receiving the sacraments. Just look at Germany and how few people even frequent the sacraments there. What the German bishops care about is that the Church is more and more incorporated into the work of the United Nations.” The subject of suffering Amazonians is just an excuse, he says, for the “United Nations to treat the Church as one of its instruments,” with the complete backing of the Vatican.

Before the synod started, the pope had been babbling on about the binding quality of UN pronouncements. It is no coincidence that his silly gathering is crawling with UN observers, such as Jeffrey Sachs, whose consulting racket includes trying to convince dioceses and religious orders to “divest from oil companies” and the like. I have seen a number of these UN creeps self-importantly jump out of gas-guzzling SUVs near the Vatican. They don’t appear too worried about their own carbon footprint. Indeed, they always seem to be accompanied by a raft of superfluous security guards and flaks.

The Vatican is looking awful these days — graffiti, ugly cattle barricades, and a paramilitary presence, as if it is waiting any moment for an outbreak of the kind of Islamic terrorism the pope assures us doesn’t exist. At times, I feel like I am in the middle of an Italian farce. The other day I was eating next to an African priest and nun who appeared to be on a date. Sure enough, her hand slid over to his hand.

Architecturally and artistically, Rome remains a treat. But religiously, it is depressing as hell. Just stand by one of the Vatican gates and watch priests whip off their collars the moment they step outside, as if the priesthood is nothing more than a 9-to-5 job. Or sit in a café and listen to their pathetically worldly banter.

The street Borgo Pio, not far from one of the Vatican’s gates, is where many of the ecclesiastical heavies hang out. Last Sunday I saw Cardinal Seán O’Malley, Cardinal Joseph Tobin, and Bishop Robert McElroy eating dinner at one of the restaurants on the street. Here was my chance to ask them about the synod and related matters. As they ambled back to the Vatican, I caught up with them and tried to conduct a brief interview. They disdainfully begged off, with Tobin, who no doubt remembered my article about the soap actor living in his rectory, saying laughingly, “Oh, George, oh, George.” O’Malley called my questions “hostile.” McElroy, the most darkly ideological of the three, just broodingly and quietly walked away. For all their talk about “dialogue,” the last thing they wanted to do on the eve of the synod was to speak with a journalist critical of it. The synod is in effect a raised middle finger to orthodox Catholics — a declaration that everything they hold dear no longer exists at the highest levels of the Church.

The Vatican is under enemy occupation and will remain so for many years to come. There is much chatter among Vaticanistas about a “Francis II,” now that the composition of the next conclave is largely liberal. By the time his pontificate ends, Francis will likely have selected two-thirds of the cardinals. The current secretary of state, Cardinal Pietro Parolin, is thought to be the leading Francis clone. I have been told that Pope Francis is waiting for Benedict to die so that he can “then pass the pontificate to Parolin.”

Parolin is just a circumspect version of Francis. He holds the same batty views but presents them more diplomatically. Here and there one hears grumbles about the pope’s bumptiousness, but for the most part the Catholic Left is thrilled with him. The mask of modernism has been ripped off, only to reveal, in the words of Francis, an “Amazonian face,” beneath which is a UN body.

When they are getting all excited about climate change and going overboard on preserving “Mother Earth”........
    Why then does no one ever cite the Bible verse where God says: “The Earth will wear out like a garment?” Found it! Isiah 51:6

Isaiah 51:6 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

6 “Lift up your eyes to the sky,
    Then look to the earth beneath;
    For the sky will vanish like smoke,
    And the earth will wear out like a garment

And its inhabitants will die [a.- like gnats]in like manner;
    But My salvation will be forever,
    And My righteousness will not [b. Be broken]wane.
    Want a NEW LIFE, to be "born again?" Your acceptance of Jesus's death for you, by proxy, on the Cross must include your understanding, consenting/ratifying that YOU AGREE that means YOU, your will, your way died. When you do, then you become "born again", a new creation, filled with His Holy Spirit, Jesus and his eternal life will dwell within you as his temple. He died for all, but not all will RATIFY His sacrifice for them.

or

Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea.
    Rev. 21:1

That's after the Millennial reign.

I will NOT leave my church nor the Sacraments because of this Pope!
    Nobody is ASKING you to.

But I think many here are wondering if "some" Catholics have "confused" the "obeying the Pope" with "obeying Jesus" to the point that they would FOLLOW the POPE and DEFEND and MAKE EXCUSES for him-- EVEN IF HE OUTRIGHT AND OPENLY DENIED THE LORD JESUS CHRIST

--AS MANY CATHOLIC PROPHECIES HAVE SAID some FUTURE POPE WILL DO....

I know our Lord wants us to obey those in authority over us--but NO that does NOT ABSOLVE US FROM RESPONSIBILITY if that authority TELLS US TO DO WRONG or is LEADING US WRONG.

For proof of that--witness what the APOSTLES told the JEWISH RELIGIOUS LEADERS when they COMMANDED them to directly disobey Jesus' command to "Go everywhere and preach the Gospel to all nations", and instead told them "Speak NO MORE of these matters!"

Their answer?

WE MUST OBEY GOD RATHER THAN MEN.

An unreasoning, blinders-on, unquestioning following of any MAN currently called "pope" has some of us wondering if some Catholics literally WOULD obey even the ANTICHRIST if he happened to somehow ascend to the Seat of Peter.

The Pope IS NOT GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!