Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

WAR Erdogan's Syria Invasion Begins: Turkish Jets Filmed Bombing Kurdish Targets
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    EndGameWW3
    @EndGameWW3
    Iranian parliament speaker canceled planned visit to Turkey after the start of the Turkish aggression on northern Syria
    Quote Tweet

Syria Love
    @abodSyria00
    · 25m
    ��رئيس البرلمان الإيراني يلغي زيارة مقررة لتركيا بعد بدء العدوان التركي على شمال سوريا
    7:50 PM · Oct 9, 2019

ELINT News Retweeted
    Raman Ghavami
    @Raman_Ghavami
    Süleyman Soylu, Turkish minister of Interior in response to if there is a possibility of ISIS attacks:

"Europeans piss on themselves when they hear the name ISIS. We will make a deal with ISIS as ISIS fighters have no other option and must come to an agreement with us."
    1:25
    7:45 PM · Oct 9, 2019·
    Retweets
    @LordBancroff
    ·
    9m
    Replying to
    @Raman_Ghavami
    and
    @ELINTNews
    Ahhh so Trump handed over power to people who are glad to negotiate with terrorists! But 4D Chess or something im sure
    RED OCTOBER
    @MAGAChronicle
    ·
    25m
    Replying to
    @Raman_Ghavami
    and
    @ELINTNews
    US asked Turkey to take care of the captured ISIS / families etc
    Turkey takes control of them.

This gives Turkey massive leverage with EU nations
    1 more reply
    Aminda The Rojava
    @Aminda_BUT
    ·
    16m
    Replying to
    @Raman_Ghavami
    "We will make deal with ISIS fighters because they won't have a choice. Europeans piss on themselves when they hear the name "ISIS""-Turkish Interior minister said
    Thus #SDF is absolutely right on this, while the Turkish interior minister confirms this:
    Quote Tweet

Mustafa Bali
    @mustefabali
    · 14h
    One day, when Turkey uses captured ISIS fighters as a threat to Europe and the world just like it uses Syrian refugees now, we will remind those who trusted Turkey in managing detention of militants that their complicit silence was the main reason caused it.

Just looking at the maps on the prior page shows that the US position is untenable with Iraq pretty much going into Iran's orbit and Erdogan of Turkey making another move in his vision of a new Ottoman Empire. Any ability for Trump to do anything with any of the parties that we have some common cause with who are powers in their own right, i.e. the Russians as the biggest example, is impossible with the crap going on in DC. A company of US troops in the area that the Turks and their surrogates are moving into are a liability and an Alamo force with no purpose. You'd need at least a multi-division corp there and then you'd have the same problem as Afghanistan only worse. And if Trump had moved in that direction, the same bunch crying crocodile tears about the Kurds would be yelling quagmire, Vietnam-redux and warmonger.

Considering the actions of the intelligence community since the last election, I have to wonder what information and advise they gave Trump before his phone call to Erdogan.
    Last edited by Housecarl; 10-09-2019 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Fixed typo

Quote Originally Posted by SAPPHIRE View Post
    POTUS IS WRONG TO THROW KURDS UNDER THE BUS...…..AND USA FORCES TO BOOT...……….unbelievable
    Seems to me that people need to remember that Trump is stuck dealing with or having to solve issues that he did not create. These issues have been created years ago by corrupt, greedy and ignorant leaders going back generations.
    I don't know off the top of my head who it was that created all those boundaries for the middle east countries and forgot to draw in a country for the Kurdish people, but I'm pretty sure it happened over 100 years ago.

I am glad to see Trump trying to fulfill his campaign promises including getting us out of the middle east quagmire.

I suspect that he has thought through what he is doing over there and is making the best of a terrible situation.

Nato, Turkey, Crazy Erdogan, Asad, Syria, Iran, Russia.... no easy answers over there.

Sheesh: IT IS CALLED SATIRE!

The Turkish military has spent the last several decades routinely raping, murdering any Kurd they could get their hands on. Further, over the last several years the Turks routinely lob artillery shells, send F-16's to bomb Kurdish positions in both Iraq and Syria.

The Turks genocided 1 million plus Armenians in 1915, and you have actually listened to what Erdogan, and his henchmen have been saying about they plan to do to the Kurds, in both Syria and Iraq, then nothing I wrote is out of the realm of possibility. By the way, Turkey has deployed combat troops into Syria on multiple times, over the last several years AND EVERY TIME THEY DO THE STORIES COME OUT, EVENTUALLY, OF THE RAPES, THE MURDERS, THE THEFTS, THE SAVAGERY THE SO CALLED TURKISH NATO TROOPS ENGAGE IN.

Trump has now opened the way, and Erdogan totally takes it that way, that he can do anything he wants to inside both Iraq and Syria to the Kurds. The fact Turkey didn't even wait 24 hours before they, "apparently," started bombing coalition troops says it all.

If any of you don't think the "advancing Turkish military," isn't going to leave dead Kurds everywhere, you really don't understand Erdogan's vision of what he is going to do. He has already invaded Syria east of the Euphrates River which is in EASTERN SYRIA. He is now headed towards the Tigris which is the border between Iraq and Syria, and when he gets there he is going over it, into Iraq where he will engage both the Kurds, the Shia militias and Iranian troops. Watch and see if I am not correct. Erdogan is behind the riots in Sweden and the riots in Baghdad also.

Is that Bruce Beach? The mistake Saddam made was he stopped at the Saudi Kuwait border and didn't head for Mecca. Erdogan won't make that mistake. He is going for both Baghdad and Damascus first, Jerusalem and Mecca afterwords.

Yom Kippur 2 is now in motion. What is NATO going to do? Bomb Ankara? Send in NATO forces to engage Turkey's military? Graham wants to do the sanction thing. Seriously, does anybody think Erdogan can be stopped at this point?
    Doomer Doug, a.k.a. Doug McIntosh now has a blog at www.doomerdoug.wordpress.com
    My end of the world e book "Day of the Dogs" is available for sale at the following url
    http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B007BRLFYU

Quote Originally Posted by CELLO View Post
    Seems to me that people need to remember that Trump is stuck dealing with or having to solve issues that he did not create. These issues have been created years ago by corrupt, greedy and ignorant leaders going back generations.
    I don't know off the top of my head who it was that created all those boundaries for the middle east countries and forgot to draw in a country for the Kurdish people, but I'm pretty sure it happened over 100 years ago.

I am glad to see Trump trying to fulfill his campaign promises including getting us out of the middle east quagmire.

I suspect that he has thought through what he is doing over there and is making the best of a terrible situation.

Nato, Turkey, Crazy Erdogan, Asad, Syria, Iran, Russia.... no easy answers over there.
    Sykes–Picot Agreement between England and France in 1916 divying up the post war Middle East out of Ottoman Empire territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomer Doug View Post
    Sheesh: IT IS CALLED SATIRE!

The Turkish military has spent the last several decades routinely raping, murdering any Kurd they could get their hands on. Further, over the last several years the Turks routinely lob artillery shells, send F-16's to bomb Kurdish positions in both Iraq and Syria.

The Turks genocided 1 million plus Armenians in 1915, and you have actually listened to what Erdogan, and his henchmen have been saying about they plan to do to the Kurds, in both Syria and Iraq, then nothing I wrote is out of the realm of possibility. By the way, Turkey has deployed combat troops into Syria on multiple times, over the last several years AND EVERY TIME THEY DO THE STORIES COME OUT, EVENTUALLY, OF THE RAPES, THE MURDERS, THE THEFTS, THE SAVAGERY THE SO CALLED TURKISH NATO TROOPS ENGAGE IN.

Trump has now opened the way, and Erdogan totally takes it that way, that he can do anything he wants to inside both Iraq and Syria to the Kurds. The fact Turkey didn't even wait 24 hours before they, "apparently," started bombing coalition troops says it all.

If any of you don't think the "advancing Turkish military," isn't going to leave dead Kurds everywhere, you really don't understand Erdogan's vision of what he is going to do. He has already invaded Syria east of the Euphrates River which is in EASTERN SYRIA. He is now headed towards the Tigris which is the border between Iraq and Syria, and when he gets there he is going over it, into Iraq where he will engage both the Kurds, the Shia militias and Iranian troops. Watch and see if I am not correct. Erdogan is behind the riots in Sweden and the riots in Baghdad also.

Is that Bruce Beach? The mistake Saddam made was he stopped at the Saudi Kuwait border and didn't head for Mecca. Erdogan won't make that mistake. He is going for both Baghdad and Damascus first, Jerusalem and Mecca afterwords.

Yom Kippur 2 is now in motion. What is NATO going to do? Bomb Ankara? Send in NATO forces to engage Turkey's military? Graham wants to do the sanction thing. Seriously, does anybody think Erdogan can be stopped at this point?
    Makes you wonder about that last "coup" against Erdogan. Also, the political situation within Turkey at the moment isn't all that rosey for Erdogan and his AKP political party. The last "election" was probably the last time Erdogan could manipulate the system enough to stay in power. So Erdogan has a countdown timer on his desk that if he can't bring "success" to his plans, all of the usual corruption is going to be the millstone (like oil and financial deals with Daesh/ISIS) that eventually brings him down, then the cycle will rinse and repeat.

Erdogan is like Hitler in another way, Housecarl: ONCE HITLER GOT INTO POWER HE NEVER LEFT IT SHORT OF 100,000 RUSSIAN TROOPS STORMING HIS BUNKER.

Erdogan will burn the entire Middle East to ashes before he stops. Yom Kippur 2 is now in motion and Erdogan will not be stopped at this point, short of killing him and turning Turkey into a parking lot. And Putin, is starting to sound like a man who realizes the cute little cat he found in the back yard and has been feeding turned out to be a Saber Tooth Tiger.
    Doomer Doug, a.k.a. Doug McIntosh now has a blog at www.doomerdoug.wordpress.com
    My end of the world e book "Day of the Dogs" is available for sale at the following url

Quote Originally Posted by Doomer Doug View Post
    Erdogan is like Hitler in another way, Housecarl: ONCE HITLER GOT INTO POWER HE NEVER LEFT IT SHORT OF 100,000 RUSSIAN TROOPS STORMING HIS BUNKER.

Erdogan will burn the entire Middle East to ashes before he stops. Yom Kippur 2 is now in motion and Erdogan will not be stopped at this point, short of killing him and turning Turkey into a parking lot. And Putin, is starting to sound like a man who realizes the cute little cat he found in the back yard and has been feeding turned out to be a Saber Tooth Tiger.
    Very well put.

One more thing, the level of kick ass needed to force Assad Junior to accept the permanent partition of his country with Turkey, ie this "border safety zone," which covers a huge chunk of Northern Syria, from the west, and all the way to the Tigris River is going to force Putin to make some serious gift giving to avoid Assad Junior from launching on Putin's plane when he flies down from Moscow for the sellout talk. And don't forget Iran, which is so annoyed they just sent troops to their border with Turkey.

Sheesh, I just hope the estate clears before I get nuked!

Quote Originally Posted by Housecarl View Post
    Considering the actions of the intelligence community since the last election, I have to wonder what information and advise they gave Trump before his phone call to Erdogan.
    Trump's Middle East advisers are crap!

Quote Originally Posted by danielboon View Post
    ELINT News Retweeted
    Raman Ghavami
    @Raman_Ghavami
    Süleyman Soylu, Turkish minister of Interior in response to if there is a possibility of ISIS attacks:

"Europeans piss on themselves when they hear the name ISIS. We will make a deal with ISIS as ISIS fighters have no other option and must come to an agreement with us."
    Turkey is playing everyone like a fiddle... Erdogan made a deal with ISIS a looooooong time ago.

Meet The Man Who Funds ISIS: Bilal Erdogan, The Son Of Turkey’s President
    And while we patiently dig to find who the on and offshore “commodity trading” middleman are, who cart away ISIS oil to European and other international markets in exchange for hundreds of millions of dollars, one name keeps popping up as the primary culprit of regional demand for the Islamic State’s “terrorist oil” – that of Turkish president Recep Erdogan’s son: Bilal Erdogan.

His very brief bio:

Necmettin Bilal Erdogan, commonly known as Bilal Erdogan (born 23 April 1980) is the third child of Recep Tayyip Erdo?an, the current President of Turkey.

After graduating from Kartal Imam Hatip High School in 1999, Bilal Erdogan moved to the US for undergraduate education. He also earned a Masters Degree in John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University in 2004. After graduation, he served in the World Bank as intern for a while. He returned Turkey in 2006 and started to his business life. Bilal Erdogan is one of the three equal shareholders of “BMZ Group Denizcilik “, a marine transportation corporation.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-1...keys-president

Opposition MP says ISIS is selling oil in Turkey
    http://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/busi...gled-oil.html#

NATO is harbouring the Islamic State
    Turkey, a longstanding member of NATO, is not just supporting ISIS, but also other jihadist groups, including Ahrar al-Sham and Jabhat al-Nusra, al-Qaeda’s affiliate in Syria. “The distinctions they draw [with other opposition groups] are thin indeed,” said the official. “There is no doubt at all that they militarily cooperate with both.”
    https://medium.com/insurge-intellige...a40#.ohdpsd8gi

German deputy speaker: NATO must stop Turkey support for ISIS
    http://rudaw.net/english/middleeast/12102014

'ISIS Sees Turkey as Its Ally': Former Islamic State Member Reveals Turkish Army Cooperation
    http://europe.newsweek.com/isis-and-...turkish-282920

Foreign ISIL Militant Passports Have Turkish Govt Exit Stamps
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=25e_1414105309

Turkey could cut off Islamic State’s supply lines. So why doesn’t it?
    http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...s-erdogan-isis

Columbia University Researchers Confirm Turkey’s Links to ISIS
    Documents made public on Sept. 27, 2014, revealed that Saudi Prince Bandar Bin Sultan financed the transportation of arms to ISIS through Turkey.
    http://www.thecaliforniacourier.com/...links-to-isis/

Ret. General Wesley Clark: Turkey is interested in preserving the Islamic State
    "Let's be very clear: ISIS [ISIL] is not just a terrorist organization, it is a Sunni terrorist organization. It means it blocks and targets Shia, and that means it's serving the interests of Turkey and Saudi Arabia even as it poses a threat to them. All along there’s always been the idea that Turkey was supporting ISIS in some way Someone's buying that oil that ISIS [ISIL] is selling, it's going through somewhere. It looks to me like it's probably going through Turkey, but the Turks have never acknowledged it."
    http://inserbia.info/today/2015/11/r...islamic-state/

Turns Out, Russia Was Right: ISIL Oil is Going to Turkey – German Media
    http://sputniknews.com/politics/2015...ng-Turkey.html

Ankara's oil business with ISIS
    https://www.rt.com/business/323391-i...turkey-russia/

US official: Oil smuggled into Turkey not enough to be profitable
    Ragnarok: The Obama admin just ADMITTED Turkey is doing business with ISIS... Nut, "Don't worry... It's just a little business"...
    http://www.jpost.com/Breaking-News/U...fitable-436361

Turkish journalist who revealed government run ISIS-hospitals is prosecuted
    https://themuslimissue.wordpress.com...is-prosecuted/
    Deo adjuvante non timendum - With God Helping, Nothing is to be Feared
    "You are like a pit-bull..." - Dennis Olson
    "No man knows but that the last backward glance over his shoulder may be his last look, forever." - Ernie Pyle Born: 1900 KIA: 1945 Shima, Okinawa

A little jog down memory lane... From last year:

ERDOGAN TO U.S: GET OUT OF THE WAY SO WE CAN KILL KURDS
    Mon Jan 22, 2018

​Over the weekend, the killing began in earnest.

Turkey used its U.S.-supplied fighter jets to bomb more than one hundred targets in the predominantly Kurdish province of Afrin in Northern Syria on Saturday, killing civilians and YPG fighters alike.

On Sunday, Turkish ground troops crossed the border, invading Syria.

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has made his intentions abundantly clear, vowing repeatedly to crush the Kurdish-led democratic government in Afrin, on Turkey’s southern border.

But it was Erdogan’s threats last week to U.S. troops serving as advisors to Kurdish fighters in northern Syria that were the real show stopper.

This is what we have to say to all our allies: don’t get in between us and terrorist organizations, or we will not be responsible for the unwanted consequences,” Erdogan said in a speech in Ankara.

Either you take off your flags on those terrorist organizations, or we will have to hand those flags over to you, Don’t force us to bury in the ground those who are with terrorists,” he said.

In other words, Get out of the way, or you die.

Erdogan was ostensibly responding to a statement from a U.S. military spokesman a few days earlier, who revealed that the U.S. was working with the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) “to establish and train the new Syrian Border Security Force.”

The inaugural class of the new border security force, currently in training, was just 230 persons. But the goal was “a final force size of approximately 30,000,” the spokesman said.

When he heard that, Erdogan went ballistic, absolutely insane.

He declared that Turkey would “strangle” the border force “before it is even born,” and kill any American found working with the Syrian Kurds, who just by the way have never carried out a terrorist attack in Turkey, have never ventured into Turkey, and have established a free, self-governing enclave in northern Syria that puts the Iraqi Kurdish Regional Government to shame for its inclusiveness and transparency.

ERDOGAN: WE WILL 'STRANGLE' U.S.-BACKED FORCE IN SYRIA 'BEFORE IT'S EVEN BORN'

So, of course the United States government immediately put Erdogan on notice that he was out of line. Right? Because the U.S. has a strategic interest in seeing a free, democratic, secular enclave flourish in northern Syria.

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson rushed up to Vancouver, Canada, to meet with Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavosoglu on Tuesday. When he returned to Washington the next day, he ate his hat.

The “entire situation” in Syria “has been misportrayed, misdescribed,” Tillerson said. “Some people misspoke. We are not creating a border security force at all,” he added.

So much for American credibility.

The Pentagon next tried to walk back its own statements. Spokesman Eric Pahon explained that the new “security forces” the U.S. was training were not a new army or a conventional border guard force. They were merely “internally-focused to prevent ISIS fighters from fleeing Syria.”

Small wonder that the back-peddling and hat-eating weren’t enough to appease Erdogan, a dictator who knows a lack of resolve when he smells it.

I had the opportunity this past summer in northern Iraq to meet Asiya Abdallah Osman, the co-president of the Democratic Union Party, the PYD, part of the governing coalition in the Kurdish enclave in northern Syria.

We are an independent political party that belongs to Syria and to the Kurds,” she told me. “We have a project for all of Syria, and we want American help – not just militarily, but politically.

We see the fight against ISIS as strategic. But after the ISIS war, help us to achieve a democratic, federal Syria.” I published more from that interview in these pages, here.

The civil administration in Syrian Kurdistan – Rojava – is not perfect. But it has attempted a monumental task of not only including representatives from all ethnic and religious communities, but of bringing the modern world into a predominantly tribal society. And it has been a haven of stability in the killing fields of the Syrian civil war.

We have been working on the women from all communities, not just the Kurds,” a prominent Kurdish women’s activist, Nilufer Koc, told me recently in Brussels.

Ms. Koc, who also co-chairs the Kurdish National Congress, has spent much of the past five years in Rojava working on women’s issues. “One sheikh [Muslim religious leader] told us, Daesh [ISIS] was better than you,” she told me. “At least they didn’t try to change our way of life. What he meant was, they don’t try to get us to change the way we treat our women. But that’s exactly what we have to help them change.”

Kurds from Iran, Turkey, Iraq and Syria all look to Rojava as the “success story” of Kurdistan, and that is precisely why the Turkish government wants to break its back.

Many Kurdish leaders from Iran and Syria see the Kurdish Regional Government in northern Iraq as a failure, brought down low by the monumental corruption of the ruling Barzani clan. “There are people in the KRG government who now have billions of dollars in overseas bank accounts,” one Kurdish activist told me recently at an international conference in Brussels. “They haven’t earned this money because they are developers, or financial geniuses. They have stolen it from the Kurdish people.”

The PYD in Syria, just as PJAK in Iran, both draw their inspiration from the ideology of PKK founder, Abdallah Ocalan, who has been in a Turkish prison for the past 18 years. Both of them seek to form governments that are broad-based, democratic, secular, and that grant equal rights to women.

We don’t want one any one group to dictate a vision, including ourselves,” PJAK co-chairman Siamond Moieni tells me. “We don’t want a communist or a socialist system, but a democratic system, such as you see in Rojava.”

While I was in Suleymania, Iraq, last summer, I met with Serhat Wartu, a Central Committee member of the PKK. Mr. Wartu openly asked for U.S. support.

Your ‘ally,’ Turkey, is fighting you,” he said. “We have more in common with you than Turkey does. Turkey was a U.S. ally during the Cold War. But today, Turkey is opposing the United States on many fronts. For example, Turkey makes it hard for the U.S. to fight Iran. If the U.S. wanted to fight Iran, the U.S. would first have to make changes in Turkey.”

Turkey, Iran, and Syria claim that the PKK is the Wizard of Oz of Kurdistan, and somehow controls PJAK in Iran, and the YPD in Syria. While both groups express an admiration for the philosophy of PKK leader Abdallah Ocalan – most notably, his insistence on secularism and the equal treatment of women – each group separately elects `its own leaders and determines its own policies.

As Wartu put it, “We are not one party. We do have a consensus and a common understanding and a common front. You can see that when people adopt Ocalan’s ideas. But PJAK is not the PKK. YPG is not the PKK. We are the ideological base, not the command center.”

I have written about the differences among these Kurdish parties here, here, here. On several occasions I have visited their training camps in the Qandil mountains in northern Iraq, and interviewed their leaders.

What remains abundantly clear is that Erdogan views any successful Kurdish entity as a threat, and he will intervene militarily, whenever he thinks necessary, to crush it.

Here is where U.S. and Turkish interests collide.

Does the United States believe that its engagement alongside Kurdish fighters in northern Syria is in our national security interest, not just in the fight against ISIS, but in the broader war against jihadi Islam in the Middle East and beyond?

If so, we should be telling Erdogan to go home, with a big “or else” behind it.

If not, well, we may as well abandon the fight, because the Kurds in Afrin are on the front lines of the battle President Trump has declared to be the generational struggle his administration has engaged to eradicate Islamic terrorism, with Turkey’s Erdogan clearly on the other side, aiding and abetting ISIS.

This is it, folks. Are we serious about defeating jihadi Islam? Or is it just words?

The proof of the pudding will be found in Afrin.
    https://archives.frontpagemag.com/fp...h-r-timmerman/
    "No man knows but that the last backward glance over his shoulder may be his last look, forever." - Ernie Pyle Born: 1900 KIA: 1945 Shima, Okinawa

Just like Hong Kong populace caught in a no win situation....many peoples in Kurdish area are stuck with enemies on all sides...…..and USA is lots of talk but how about the old saying "the enemy of your enemy is a friend"...at least for time being it seems......ALL TURKISH GOVT. ARE DEVILS...…….you can't reason with bloodthirsty b@st@rds..........I may be ignorant of a lot of dealings in ME but if POTUS won't bring back ALL TROOPS from this endless debacle....do something consistently to reach a GOOD GOAL......not just expedience for the moment IMO
    Sapphire

myopically challenged

Quote Originally Posted by SAPPHIRE View Post
    Just like Hong Kong populace caught in a no win situation....many peoples in Kurdish area are stuck with enemies on all sides...…..and USA is lots of talk but how about the old saying "the enemy of your enemy is a friend"...at least for time being it seems......ALL TURKISH GOVT. ARE DEVILS...…….you can't reason with bloodthirsty b@st@rds..........I may be ignorant of a lot of dealings in ME but if POTUS won't bring back ALL TROOPS from this endless debacle....do something consistently to reach a GOOD GOAL......not just expedience for the moment IMO
    Well, to truly de oppresso liber it means being willing to pile the bodies high until you're done, and the "who" that ends up in those piles depends upon whom you're talking to, and in DC even a swivel doesn't turn fast enough.

��IntelGhost�� #RavensFlock 3-2
    @IntelDoge
    ·
    16m
    The Turkish Army has reportedly captured and taken control of numerous villages inside of Tel Abyad #Syria
    Quote Tweet

INTELSky
    @Intel_Sky
    · 17m
    #BREAKING: Turkish army penetrates east of Tell Abyad city in #Syria and controls a number of villages https://twitter.com/AlkhaleejOnlin
    Thoughts are things. Thus I'm careful of the thoughts I think, & the company I keep.

. TB2K IS never down, thank heavens! But, when it is, you can find me in the corner of this round room, watching the world wander by. Stop in and say HI. I miss ya already. No excuses! Bring snacks, news, music or movies for access to VIP room https://talk2metb2k.blogspot.com/

EndGameWW3
    @EndGameWW3
    Syrian Democratic Forces announce the killing of 5 Turkish soldiers and keep their bodies
    Quote Tweet

الحدث
    @AlHadath
    · 1h
    #سوريا — قوات سوريا الديمقراطية تعلن مقتل 5 جنود أتراك والاحتفاظ بجثثهم لديها
    3:08 AM · Oct 10, 2019·

EndGameWW3 Retweeted
    Barzan Sadiq
    @BarzanSadiq
    #Armenia condemns the military 'invasion' by #Turkey in north-east #Syria, which would lead to deterioration of regional security, losses among civilians, mass displacement and eventually to a new humanitarian crisis - MFA
    2:32 AM · Oct 10, 2019·

And in other news

EndGameWW3 Retweeted
    All India Radio News
    @airnewsalerts
    #JammuAndKashmir: Pakistan violates ceasefire again; Resorts to unprovoked and indiscriminate firing on Indian forward posts and civilian areas in border district of Poonch.
    2:02 AM · Oct 10, 2019

It all sounds rough but we do have a treaty with Turkey and do not have one with Syria. Sending troops to Turkey to help defend their border would be aid but no we had to invade Syria. Now we pull all 50 of our troops from Syria and watch Turkey,do something we will not do here at home, defend their border against terrorism. I want to see us pull all our troops out of Afganistan and let them people police themselves. Imagine if you will having all those troops on the Texas border defending their own.
    "When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law." ~ Frederic Bastiilt

"Duty is ours; results are God's."

Quote Originally Posted by SSTemplar View Post
    It all sounds rough but we do have a treaty with Turkey and do not have one with Syria. Sending troops to Turkey to help defend their border would be aid but no we had to invade Syria. Now we pull all 50 of our troops from Syria and watch Turkey,do something we will not do here at home, defend their border against terrorism. I want to see us pull all our troops out of Afganistan and let them people police themselves. Imagine if you will having all those troops on the Texas border defending their own.
    Well said.

FORTE EST VINUM, FORTIOR EST REX, FORTIORES SUNT MULIERES:

SUPER OMNIA VINCIT VERITAS.

EndGameWW3 Retweeted

Arab News

Verified account

@arabnews
    12m12 minutes ago
    More
    #BREAKING: Kremlin aide says Russia has sympathy for turkey’s security concerns about northeast Syria, but all sides should show restraint http://cutt.ly/weiMEn8

Turkey seizes targets in northeast Syria offensive Turkey’s invasion of northeastern Syria began on Wednesday after US troops pulled back from the area
    The ministry said Turkish jets and artillery struck 181 targets east of the Euphrates River since the incursion started
    ANKARA: Designated targets in Northeast Syria have been seized, the Turkish defense ministry said on Thursday.

The minister earlier said that Turkish ground troops were continuing their advance against Kurdish fighters in northern Syria.
    A ministry statement early on Thursday did not provide further detail on the offensive but shared a brief video of commandos in action.
    Turkey’s invasion of northeastern Syria began on Wednesday after US troops pulled back from the area, paving the way for Turkey’s assault on Syrian Kurdish forces, long been allied with the US
    The ministry said Turkish jets and artillery struck 181 targets east of the Euphrates River since the incursion started.

Britain called for restraint on Thursday after Turkey's military incursion into Syria, warning that the move risked humanitarian suffering and underming the fight against militants.
    Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab said he had spoken to Turkey "to express the UK’s disappointment and concern about the military incursion into NE Syria, and call for restraint."
    "The intervention risks greater humanitarian suffering and undermines the focus on countering Daesh (ISIS)," he added.

Meanwhile, France's foreign ministry on Thursday summoned the Turkish ambassador to Paris over Ankara's air and ground offensive into Kurdish-controlled areas of northern Syria, a diplomatic source said.
    "The ambassador in France was summoned in the early afternoon," the source said on the second day of the Turkish operation against Syrian Kurdish forces.
    Turkey's ambassador to France Ismail Hakki Musa confirmed the reprimand. "I am (summoned), I'm going later on," he told AFP.

Turkey's military offensive on northeastern Syria has displaced more than 60,000 people in less than a day, a war monitor said Thursday.
    The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said large number of residents from the border areas of Ras al-Ain, Tal Abyad and Derbasiyeh had fled their homes, mostly east towards the city of Hasakeh.
    Turkey says it intends to create a “safe zone” that would push Kurdish militia away from its border and eventually allow the repatriation of up to 2 million Syrian refugees.
    The Turkish invasion is widely condemned around the world. https://www.arabnews.com/node/1566741/middle-east

EndGameWW3 Retweeted

Liveuamap MiddleEast

@lummideast
    2m2 minutes ago
    More
    Turkish army shelling Qamishli right now. https://syria.liveuamap.com/en/2019/...shli-right-now … via @HosengHesen #Syria

ASSAD JR IS NOT PLAYING

EndGameWW3

@EndGameWW3
    3m3 minutes ago
    MoreEndGameWW3 Retweeted Syria Love
    Urgent �� right Now ��#دمشق Syrian official in the Syrian Foreign Ministry: Syria, which responded to the Turkish aggression in more than one region by hitting its agents and terrorists and defeating them will face aggression in all its form
    sEndGameWW3

@EndGameWW3
    8m8 minutes ago
    MoreEndGameWW3 Retweeted Syria Love
    Urgent ��#سوريا#دمشق Syrian official in the Syrian Foreign Ministry: Erdogan's statements indicate a system that commits massacres and is covered with humanitarian slogans

ELINT News Retweeted

Coordination & Military Ops Center - SDF

Verified account

@cmoc_sdf
    3m3 minutes ago
    More
    #Breaking:
    Turkish air strikes and artillery continue shelling #Sarekaniye.
    Today till this moment, 9 civilians got killed.
    #SDF , NE #SYRIA

4 ASSAD JR JOINING THE FRAY AGAINST TURKEY

ELINT News Retweeted

NORTH PRESS AGENCY

@NPA_SY
    9m9 minutes ago
    More
    #Breaking

Syriac Military Council of #SDF announces the deployment of its fighters on the Syrian-Turkish border to repel the Turkish military invasion.

EndGameWW3 Retweeted

Barzan Sadiq

Verified account

@BarzanSadiq
    32m32 minutes ago
    More
    #BREAKING
    #FSA backed by #Turkish army start comprehensive ground attack on #Sarikani town.

EndGameWW3 Retweeted

First Squawk

@FirstSquawk
    5m5 minutes ago
    More
    NATO MEMBER NORWAY SUSPENDS ALL NEW ARMS EXPORTS TO TURKEY - AFP

EndGameWW3 Retweeted

Woofers

@NotWoofers
    18m18 minutes ago
    More
    Turks now trying to encircle Tel Abyad, attacking the southern flank.
    EndGameWW3 Retweeted

Woofers

@NotWoofers
    27m27 minutes ago
    More
    The first confirmed Turkish casualties have taken place around Ras al Ayn. With one soldier dead and 3 others wounded.

EndGameWW3 Retweeted

Al Arabiya English

Verified account

@AlArabiya_Eng
    2h2 hours ago
    More
    At least seventeen civilians have been killed after Turkish forces shelled towns and cities in northeastern Syria, an Al Arabiya correspondent says.

Netanyahu condemns Turkish incursion and warns of massacre of Kurds
    Itamar Eichner|Published: 10.10.19 , 15:24
    Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Thursday condemned the "Turkish invasion of the Kurdish areas of Syria" and warned of an impending massacre of the Kurds by pro-Turkey forces.

The prime minister added that Israel will do all in its power to extend humanitarian aid to the "brave Kurdish people". https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,...605256,00.html

Turkey's Erdogan threatens to send Syrian refugees to Europe
    Reuters|Published: 10.10.19 , 14:12
    President Tayyip Erdogan said on Thursday Ankara will send the 3.6 million Syrian refugees in Turkey to Europe if European countries label the country's military incursion in Syria as an occupation.

"We will open the gates and send 3.6 million refugees your way," Erdogan said in speech to lawmakers from his AK Party. https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,...605206,00.html

ELINT News Retweeted

الرقة تذبح بصمت

Verified account

@Raqqa_SL
    31m31 minutes ago
    More
    Last update :

4- #Turkish warplanes are flying in the sky of the area of #TelAbyad now.

Aleph ��️ א ����
    @no_itsmyturn
    Turkish Foreign Minister: Macron wants to divide Syria #Syria

Retweeted
    Woofers
    @NotWoofers
    ·
    32m
    Continued large assault on Ras al Ayn now from three sides in an attempt to penetrate the city.

SDF can't retake those lost positions at night?
    Rick Verbeek
    @WhyAmINotBobafe
    ·
    24m
    Replying to
    @NotWoofers
    Also the pincermovement by tfsa and tsk... classic old school strategy, SDF should know how to counter this
    Thoughts are things. Thus I'm careful of the thoughts I think, & the company I keep.

. TB2K IS never down, thank heavens! But, when it is, you can find me in the corner of this round room, watching the world wander by. Stop in and say HI. I miss ya already. No excuses! Bring snacks, news, music or movies for access to VIP room https://talk2metb2k.blogspot.com/

Many thanks to danielboon for keeping this thread updated.

IMHO, on a board full of important news and information, this thread is the MOST important of them all...

The Turkish Armed Fores and Turkish-backed militant groups are developing their advance on positions of the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) in northeastern Syria. MORE HERE

https://southfront.org/map-update-mi...tober-10-2019/
    Attached Images

Woofers
    @NotWoofers
    Tel Halaf now captured by the TFSA and Turkish Army after a day of fighting.

12:12 PM · Oct 10, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    Many thanks to danielboon for keeping this thread updated.

IMHO, on a board full of important news and information, this thread is the MOST important of them all...
    Indeed. Many thanks to DanielBoon for keeping this thread updated! Also, to Ragnorak, for knowledge of all things I slamic, and making learning fun. ...just remember, some of the class is ready to tackle War & peace, while at least one of us never graduated preschool ,<me. I mean me, of course>
    Last edited by jward; 10-10-2019 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Time stamp added

Aki Heikkinen
    @akihheikkinen
    ·
    2m
    Isengard submits to Mordor.
    Quote Tweet

Rudaw English
    @RudawEnglish
    · 13m
    #BREAKING: UN Security Council fails to agree statement opposing #Turkey’s #Syria offensive. US and Russia oppose “condemnation” – Rudaw’s reporter

Quote Originally Posted by SSTemplar View Post
    I want to see us pull all our troops out of Afghanistan and let them people police themselves.
    Imagine all of that poppy/heroin being grown/harvested/manufactured exclusively by Muslim Afghanis, and the extreme profits that they would rake in - not that having the western deep state currently in control and profiting mightily from said poppies/heroin is a better proposition.

The amount of dollars made by Afghanistan's poppy business is HUGE - burn the fields on the way out, and fire-bomb any attempts by Afghanis to resurrect the poppy trade on any significant scale MAY be an answer, but, one way or another, the BAD actors will claw their way back to the poppy money-making-machine the SECOND that the west turns their backs, reestablishing their poppy revenue streams, along with their ability to (afford to) create/project mayhem, worldwide.

intothegoodnight
    "Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

— Dylan Thomas, "Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night"