Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

POL Kunstler: "The Left Seems To Be Opting For Civil War"
+ Reply to Thread

Kunstler: "The Left Seems To Be Opting For Civil War"

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...ting-civil-war

by Tyler Durden
    Mon, 10/07/2019 - 14:29
    SHARES
    TwitterFacebookRedditEmailPrint
    Authored by James Howard Kunstler via Kunstler.com,

A lot of readers (some of them former readers now) have been angrily twanging me by email for writing about the three-year Resistance effort to un-do the 2016 election. I did not vote for Mr. Trump (or Mrs. Clinton) but I resent the coup mounted to overthrow him. I object to the bad faith and dishonesty of the Resistance. I object to the criminal misconduct among the federal bureaucracy, and the mendacity of its partners in the news media, and the hysteria they continue to generate — at the expense of other matters that concern our future.

The political disorder spooling out is the political expression of the long emergency that the nation faces as it finally encounters the limits to growth we were warned about decades ago. The techno-industrial phase of history is ending, and we are left only with inadequate fantasies for coming to terms with it and moving forward. The dynamic relationship between affordable energy supplies and the operations of money roils at the core of this predicament. They are undoing each other and the result will be a contraction of human activity. The big question we refuse to face is how to cope with contraction.

Beyond the ongoing orchestrated coup stands a reality-optional political Left consumed by serial hysterias, uninterested in truth, steeped in social despotism, and apparently willing to do anything to gain power. We should be very concerned with what they intend to do with that power. As they attempt to redistribute wealth, they will make the unhappy discovery that the wealth itself is subject to the wholesale contraction underway. The overvalued “assets” representing “money” hoarded by the “wealthy” will turn out to be figments of a runaway debt crisis. We have already debased the operations of banking, and the tokens that banks issue — currencies and securities — levitate over an abyss.

We already have plenty of evidence for what the Left will do to the principle of political liberty. Their shibboleths of “diversity” and “inclusion” really mean shutting down free speech and telling everybody how to think. They are less interested in “social justice” than in plain coercion, the pleasure they take in pushing people around. What’s worse is that they want to use government as the instrument for enforcing their will. I object to that not just on principle but because government itself will be subject to the same contraction affecting everything else. It simply won’t be able to compensate for all the other losses. Can we downscale its activities coherently, or will we make that journey violently, in some sort of civil war?

The Left seems to be opting for civil war.

It is surely underway among branches of government and the administrative bureaucracy I call the Deep State. Barack Obama, John Brennan and others set the intel and police apparatus against Mr. Trump and the war goes on in the latest reckless campaign of “whistleblowers” who are no such thing, but rather agents provocateurs of the Central Intelligence Agency.

The Democrats in congress play a dangerous game with this as they attempt to engineer a non-impeachment impeachment — that is, without a vote by the whole House. To allow that vote would be a move to allow the opposition to participate in issuing subpoenas and seeing evidence, and the Democrats are bent on to preventing that. That ploy will provoke the White House to ignore their subpoenas and demands for documents on the principle that this mode of “Impeachment” is not legitimate.

The machinations of Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Rep. Adam Schiff in this latest “whistleblower” affair pulsate with skullduggery. Are we to suppose that they will march out one “whistleblower” after another whose identity — or very reality — will remain secret through these proceedings? This is the sort of thing you get in Spanish inquisitions and soviet show trials. Until recently, all Americans had very firm objections to kangaroo courts and star chambers where the common-law safeguards of due process are thrown out the window. If the standoff goes to the Supreme Court, we’ll surely get yet another crusade to disqualify Justice Kavanaugh.

The Democratic Party is doing everything possible to destroy the legitimacy of these institutions — staring with elections themselves. The origins of the RussiaGate hoax will demonstrate that the party itself was behind “interference” in the 2016 election, and enlisted the help of several foreign governments in doing so. That is why they are so desperate to keep the level of hysteria amped to the max. The day may be not far off when a great and chilling silence falls over this mob as they look to the sky and see the indictments raining down.

My oh my. It looks like Mr. Kunstler is finally growing up. Amazing!

Best
    Doc

The day may be not far off when a great and chilling silence falls over this mob as they look to the sky and see the indictments raining down.
    And, not addressed by JHK - the sound of applause beginning first in the back of the room and continuing until every other human seated is at each other's throat?

Dobbin
    I hinnire propter hoc ecce ego

I am not even sure that Kunstler is a full throated Trump supporter. But he is totally alarmed at what he sees on the left!

Quote Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
    I am not even sure that Kunstler is a full throated Trump supporter. But he is totally alarmed at what he sees on the left!
    I doubt he is. But i applaud his intellectual honesty in admitting the truth about what his former gokden boy and the minions of the deep state are attempting. That is extremely rare these days.

Summerthyme

No JHK is NOT a Trump supporter. He IS a historian and a darn good one. He has seen these trends before, knows what it looks like when they culminate and is carefully warning people of what IS just over the horizon. And approaching.

What *I* find interesting is his desertion from his usual comity and gentle delivery, for hard-edged reality descriptions.

THIS should engender SERIOUS concern.
    RULE 1:
    THEY want you DEAD.

PERSEC OPSEC COMMSEC Live or Die by your Tradecraft.

Should I vanish, only one person here will know.

The BEST in Life:
    To CRUSH your enemies.
    To see them driven before you
    To listen to the lamentations of their women

Observably not so...

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...ting-civil-war

Until recently, all Americans had very firm objections to kangaroo courts and star chambers where the common-law safeguards of due process are thrown out the window.
    Anyone in America who still believes that has never seen how accusations of sexual harassment by a female against a male normally proceed in colleges and corporate office workplaces (and have so been for years), to say nothing of likely bogus forcible rape accusations against any male, or statistically highly improbable sexual child abuse accusations by frivorcing wives intent upon "winner take all" court final decrees. There are plenty of people who would happily throw out all defendant due process rights in such lawfare, and many more who are simply permanently cowed into never considering speaking out against even the most egregious cases of injustice.

I will guess that Kunstler has never been divorced, and has few enough male friends that he doesn't know men that have been. Likewise, he must have been out of bigcorp workplaces for a LONG time not to know about how "the accusation serves as the conviction" for SH accusations there.
    Proud member Alt-Right group "Scientists For Trump". (Smart Americans know he's right.)
    A man should only take a wife whose Bible includes Genesis, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Colossians, Malachi, Isaiah, Ephesians, Corinthians, Hebrews, Timothy, Titus, Proverbs, Mark, Peter & Revelation. Ecclesiastes 7:28 (NIV) tells him the odds.

No. Kunstler is not a Trump supporter at all. His ideological background is almost a caricature: New Yorker, Jewish, proto-hippie, leftist, eco-warrior, etc. I don't hold Kunstler's Jewish background against him, but will note that finding a leftist New York Jew is about as common as finding a snuff-dipping Alabama redneck. Having said all that, Kunstler is a gifted writer and has the gift of a different - and sometimes correct - insight. I have read, sometimes with eyebrow askew, and enjoyed his work for many years. I have however, noted that in more recent years, his defence of all things leftist became more and more tortured and now it seems - as I noted in my earlier post - that he is finally growing up. Substitute the word maturing, if you prefer.

To see a man like Kunstler finally plant both feet on the ground may be a harbinger of a (further) greater, reality-based, ideological shift in this country. One can only hope.

Best
    Doc

Doc,

Like I pointed out, he has dep[arted from the gentle, soft, and polite trails.

Kinda scary when they do that. Suggests that polite discourse may well become VERY scarce fairly (??snerfle??) soon.
    RULE 1:
    THEY want you DEAD.

The BEST in Life:
    To CRUSH your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc1 View Post
    No. Kunstler is not a Trump supporter at all. His ideological background is almost a caricature: New Yorker, Jewish, proto-hippie, leftist, eco-warrior, etc. I don't hold Kunstler's Jewish background against him, but will note that finding a leftist New York Jew is about as common as finding a snuff-dipping Alabama redneck. Having said all that, Kunstler is a gifted writer and has the gift of a different - and sometimes correct - insight. I have read, sometimes with eyebrow askew, and enjoyed his work for many years. I have however, noted that in more recent years, his defence of all things leftist became more and more tortured and now it seems - as I noted in my earlier post - that he is finally growing up. Substitute the word maturing, if you prefer.

To see a man like Kunstler finally plant both feet on the ground may be a harbinger of a (further) greater, reality-based, ideological shift in this country. One can only hope.

Best
    Doc

I had a telling FOAF report last week.

A guy who has been a staunch blue collar, Indiana democrat his whole life....has denounced the D party.

He still doesn't like Trump, but things they are a changin'.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Quote Originally Posted by Doc1 View Post

Best
    Doc
    From your lips...
    Buckle up, boys and girls. This could get a bit rough.

Gardening: the next great hobby!
    Got Seeds?
    - Tristan

Kunstler stops just shy of being a weak kneed lily livered limp wristed east coast chowder biscuit.

However he, Camille Paglia, and Jon stewart, all are standouts in tha they speak against the party line, and actually are permitted to do so, and live to do so again. MOON™

Don't get too hopeful Doc. He steps up from time to time, as he sees warrented, but it's never led him away nor has he shown signs of renouncing the party.
    Last edited by jward; 10-07-2019 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Night helped find right names
    Thoughts are things. Thus I'm careful of the thoughts I think, & the company I keep.

. TB2K IS never down, thank heavens! But, when it is, you can find me in the corner of this round room, watching the world wander by. Stop in and say HI. I miss ya already. No excuses! Bring snacks, news, music or movies for access to VIP room https://talk2metb2k.blogspot.com/

What most people don't realize about Kuntsler is that he is a prepper of sorts. He lives in Washington County, NY which borders much of Southern, VT. It is a mostly small town farm country kind of area. In his writings and talks (one of which I attended some years back where I met him afterwards) he critically analyzes what kind of communities have the kind of natural infrastructure and location that could rebuild into viable communities following a general collapse. An interesting and insightful guy.

It has to be delusion. The great delusion. The hubris and hypocrisy of the left to think it can get its way by maligning, labeling, and slapping around their opposition.

It's like they truly believe they can accuse the right of the malevolent acts they themselves are guilty of and after that projection ship out their get-out-of-jail-free card and use the label racist. They might as well be saying abracadabra, shazam and their desires become truth.

This is more than us versus them, it is good versus evil
    Tax the rich, feed the poor, til there are, rich no more - Ten Years After
    Surely you're not saying we have the resources to save the poor from their lot. -JCSS
    Friend, you cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. And what one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government can't give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainBiker View Post
    What most people don't realize about Kuntsler is that he is a prepper of sorts. He lives in Washington County, NY which borders much of Southern, VT. It is a mostly small town farm country kind of area. In his writings and talks (one of which I attended some years back where I met him afterwards) he critically analyzes what kind of communities have the kind of natural infrastructure and location that could rebuild into viable communities following a general collapse. An interesting and insightful guy.
    Yup. I give him money for his novels, too. Just not under any illusion about his political stripes...and I never fail to credit him for being that rare breed of man who doesn't put party before his sense of truth just for the sake of allegiance to the party...
    Thoughts are things. Thus I'm careful of the thoughts I think, & the company I keep.

. TB2K IS never down, thank heavens! But, when it is, you can find me in the corner of this round room, watching the world wander by. Stop in and say HI. I miss ya already. No excuses! Bring snacks, news, music or movies for access to VIP room https://talk2metb2k.blogspot.com/

Her name is Camille Paglia.

Quote Originally Posted by night driver View Post
    Her name is Camille Paglia.
    Thanks, I updated my post.

Kind of related on just how egregious is the left's lying, and how they don't even try to hide it anymore:

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/383624.php

"Literally Everywhere on Earth is Warming at Twice the Rate of the Rest of the Earth"

Proud member Alt-Right group "Scientists For Trump". (Smart Americans know he's right.)
    A man should only take a wife whose Bible includes Genesis, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Colossians, Malachi, Isaiah, Ephesians, Corinthians, Hebrews, Timothy, Titus, Proverbs, Mark, Peter & Revelation. Ecclesiastes 7:28 (NIV) tells him the odds.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaSmith View Post
    Kind of related on just how egregious is the left's lying, and how they don't even try to hide it anymore:

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/383624.php

"Literally Everywhere on Earth is Warming at Twice the Rate of the Rest of the Earth"

This is almost related to the Congressional Statement that "It's a national disgrace that half our children are below the national average in reading skills."

Um. I think that is how one defines an average?

No genius to be found in Congress. And the idiocy is without limit.

Dobbin
    I hinnire propter hoc ecce ego

I'm moving on from thinking the Left is spurring a civil war. What they are undertaking is a full on Communist Revolution.

Read the signs - same as in Russia, same as in China, same everywhere it happens. Suspension of reality and common sense, twisting and taking over young minds, tearing down social and religious institutions, taking over the courts and the schools, intimidating any form of free speech. Goons entrenched in the gov't who protect each other's backs and enrich themselves and their allies, while first publicly humiliating, then prosecuting and imprisoning (later executing?) their enemies.

It's all there. Next...the millions of dead...mass graves....mountains of skulls....if they get their way

Quote Originally Posted by WalknTrot View Post
    I'm moving on from thinking the Left is spurring a civil war. What they are undertaking is a full on Communist Revolution.

Read the signs - same as in Russia, same as in China, same everywhere it happens. Suspension of reality and common sense, twisting and taking over young minds, tearing down social and religious institutions, taking over the courts and the schools, intimidating any form of free speech. Goons entrenched in the gov't who protect each other's backs and enrich themselves and their allies, while first publicly humiliating, then prosecuting and imprisoning (later executing?) their enemies.

It's all there. Next...the millions of dead...mass graves....mountains of skulls....if they get their way

Do ya' think?
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Quote Originally Posted by summerthyme View Post
    I doubt he is. But i applaud his intellectual honesty in admitting the truth about what his former gokden boy and the minions of the deep state are attempting. That is extremely rare these days.

Summerthyme
    It is.

There's a reason I have been referring to those of us on the Right as the new Kulaks. It's coming, and the Left's shrieks already carry hints of "wreckers!".
    E Deploribus Unum

Oderint dum metuant

Every day is a JDAM day

Whether knowingly or not, the ongoing attacks undermining all traditional cultural symbols and stories will fragment our society. We will no longer have any story/history in common. Everything from male and female roles, marriage, statues, Columbus Day, gender, etc. In an atomized society no one will have anyone they can trust or respect. What is weaker than a populace comprised of lone individuals who share no common culture and therefore look to Government as their refuge, their patron, their savior?

sy, please consider this book. It will address your "fragmentation" issue:

American Nations: A History of the Eleven Rival Regional Cultures of North America by Colin Woodard

Like many people, much smarter than me, I’ve discussed, numerous times, that the idea of a homogenous “WASP” “American” culture is a politically expedient imaginary thing. The United States specifically, and North America generally, was conquered and settled by a variety of cultural colonists, many of whom despised one another, for various legitimate and illegitimate reasons.

For a number of decades, starting in roughly 1900, and through the end of World War Two, a couple of those cultural groups had managed to amass enough power and influence to appear to be the cultural norm in the US, and thus became the default imperial culture. A large portion of what we’ve seen in recent decades as “Balkanization” has been exactly that: a fracturing of the imperial culture, back into the component cultures that have struggled with one another for the last 300+ years, to determine whose would be the dominant one, determining how we defined “American” culture.

Mr. Woodard is a contemporary journalist, and his political biases do come through in some places in this book. However—and this is an important however—he does a really good job of citing his sources, as one would expect, and his sources, thus far, support what he claims they support (which is not necessarily to be expected, in this day and age…).

This treatise goes a long way towards explaining a lot of the cultural phenomena we see occurring in America today, if you read it as more than “on the shitter” reading. From the increasing urge among Americans, among various social classes, for “nannyism,” to the ongoing spiritual battle between the Puritanical urge to inflict one’s moral constraints on others and the individualist urge to tell busy-bodies to “go **** yourself,” and more. (Want to know why Boston and Massachusetts, the birthplace of the American Revolution, is okay with encompassing gun control? There’s a cultural reason for it, and Mr. Woodward explains it, even though I doubt that was what he was trying to do…)

Unlike Haskett’s Seeds of Albion (which I’ve discussed here before, and also heartily recommend), this doesn’t focus solely on the British cultural groups, but covers the impact of German immigration, French immigration, and the influence that slave and post-slavery cultural accomodations have had on American cultural norms. As such, no cultural group is covered as in-depth as they are in Seeds of Albion, but there’s a much broader coverage that occurs.

Highly Recommended.

RULE 1:
    THEY want you DEAD.

The BEST in Life:
    To CRUSH your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by dstraito View Post
    It has to be delusion. The great delusion. The hubris and hypocrisy of the left to think it can get its way by maligning, labeling, and slapping around their opposition.

It's like they truly believe they can accuse the right of the malevolent acts they themselves are guilty of and after that projection ship out their get-out-of-jail-free card and use the label racist. They might as well be saying abracadabra, shazam and their desires become truth.

This is more than us versus them, it is good versus evil
    It worked well for the Nazis against the Jews. If you examine the parallels of the run-up of events (and propaganda and "justice") in Germany prior to the outbreak of actual war... you just might have to grab a teddy bear and pull the covers over your head, till you recover.

Even the damn lies are very similar.

Quote Originally Posted by night driver View Post
    sy, please consider this book. It will address your "fragmentation" issue:

Thanks. This one is going in the DOOMAGEDDEN ™ Book!

Quote Originally Posted by jward View Post
    Kunstler stops just shy of being a weak kneed lily livered limp wristed east coast chowder biscuit.

However he, Camille Paglia, and Jon stewart, all are standouts in tha they speak against the party line, and actually are permitted to do so, and live to do so again. MOON™

Don't get too hopeful Doc. He steps up from time to time, as he sees warrented, but it's never led him away nor has he shown signs of renouncing the party.
    Agreed and he may have in fact been told to sound the warning bell...
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

Quote Originally Posted by sy32478 View Post
    Whether knowingly or not, the ongoing attacks undermining all traditional cultural symbols and stories will fragment our society. We will no longer have any story/history in common. Everything from male and female roles, marriage, statues, Columbus Day, gender, etc. In an atomized society no one will have anyone they can trust or respect. What is weaker than a populace comprised of lone individuals who share no common culture and therefore look to Government as their refuge, their patron, their savior?
    Yah, but luckily something like that is random. Totally.

Not like anyone is planning something like that or anything.
    Buckle up, boys and girls. This could get a bit rough.

Gardening: the next great hobby!
    Got Seeds?
    - Tristan

It's simple really, the Democrats can't stop. So either the Republic is stopped, or they are...

I thought it was a good article. I wonder if he listens to Rush for perspective.

I read his book "The long emergency" over a decade ago, and he loosely references it in this article. He reminds my of Alvin Tofflers book-Future Shock that I read as a kid-and recently re-read-the way he writes.
    I'd rather be paranoid, prepped and wrong than be irrationally happy, frivolous and screwed.

I majored in sociology when I went back to school. All societies will end. This is history. It is interesting being in the middle of ours and how it is changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashyzipp View Post
    I majored in sociology when I went back to school. All societies will end. This is history. It is interesting being in the middle of ours and how it is changing.
    Just based on the various cycles of civilizations (Social-cycle theory, Strauss-Howe generational theory, etc) I would posit that we are much nearer the end of our civilization and history than in the middle.
    And, as technology allows faster dissemination of info and associated outrage, the cycle will get continually faster until the end.

It seems to me that there isn't much time left, and the (relative) best we can hope for is a fundamental shift in government that little affects the common man, and can extend our civilization a bit, while re-implementing a common social standard (ala Rome's Republic-to-Dictatorship transition and the Pax Romana).
    That said, the US is only half made up of a people that would accept such a reordering, so the most likely end is a vast balkanization of the continent and invasion from outside forces.

Quote Originally Posted by ArisenCarcass View Post
    Just based on the various cycles of civilizations (Social-cycle theory, Strauss-Howe generational theory, etc) I would posit that we are much nearer the end of our civilization and history than in the middle.
    And, as technology allows faster dissemination of info and associated outrage, the cycle will get continually faster until the end.

It seems to me that there isn't much time left, and the (relative) best we can hope for is a fundamental shift in government that little affects the common man, and can extend our civilization a bit, while re-implementing a common social standard (ala Rome's Republic-to-Dictatorship transition and the Pax Romana).
    That said, the US is only half made up of a people that would accept such a reordering, so the most likely end is a vast balkanization of the continent and invasion from outside forces.
    I completely agree! I did not mean we are in the middle as in the middle of our society’s cycle but in the middle as being able to witness first hand what nearing the end looks like. Do you know if any writers who wrote about the end of their society? It would be interesting to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by ArisenCarcass View Post

IMO that is a fully-accurate, highly informative post. Thank you for sharing it. I hope you post more often.

The antidote is called the Second Amendment.
    Doomer Doug, a.k.a. Doug McIntosh now has a blog at www.doomerdoug.wordpress.com
    My end of the world e book "Day of the Dogs" is available for sale at the following url
    http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B007BRLFYU