Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

USA Then Comes Sudden Destruction
+ Reply to Thread

Then Comes Sudden Destruction

Points to ponder....
    Texican....
    ---------------------------------

Then Comes Sudden Destruction

2019 July-August
    Gerald Weston

LINK:
    https://www.tomorrowsworld.org/magaz...en-destruction

It’s popular to say that if you put a frog in a pan of water and slowly turn up the heat, you can boil him before he knows to jump out of the pan. Not having tried this myself, I cannot confirm the truth of this common claim, but I suspect it is no more than “an old wives’ tale.” Why we blame old wives for every fictitious tale, I do not know. But, laying that aside, let’s get back to the frog.

The point of the tale is not how to boil a frog, but to explain that when change comes slowly we can remain comfortable and lose all sense of disaster occurring around us. That seems to be the mindset of most people today. Change is taking place—that much we know. But many are adjusting to change with feelings of lazy, comfortable warmth.

In The Jungle Grows Back, historian Robert Kagan reminds us of a passage in Ernest Hemingway’s The Sun Also Rises, in which hard-drinking veteran Bill Gorton asks temperamental drunkard Mike Campbell how he went bankrupt. Campbell famously responds, “Gradually, then suddenly” (Kagan, p. 143)—reminding us of the frog who recognizes too late the change in his pan.

Kagan proposes that the last 75 years have been an anomaly of history: “The story of human progress is a myth, however. If the last century has taught us anything, it is that scientific and technological progress and the expansion of knowledge, while capable of improving our lives materially, have brought no lasting improvement in human behavior” (p. 5). While technology progressed to the Moon and beyond, human behavior “progressed” to Stalin, Hitler, and Pol Pot.

Noting that there has been no complete peace, Kagan attributes the relative peace the world has known since World War II to the unusual circumstance of the United States acting as a relatively benevolent “world policeman.” For all its obvious faults, Kagan believes that the U.S. has kept the great powers of Europe and Asia in check, and he credits the nation’s ability to exert such influence to its unique geographic, political, and economic circumstances.

Kagan shows great insight, yet he fails to see that there are also spirit influences at work in our world—both for good and for bad. While Kagan recognizes mankind’s evil tendencies, he does not acknowledge that God in heaven raised the U.S. to its superpower status—not because of any sort of national “righteousness,” but for His overriding purpose. You can find a more complete explanation of this in our resource The United States and Great Britain in Prophecy. You can request a free printed copy online or from the Regional Office nearest you (listed on page 4 of this magazine), or you can read it online at TomorrowsWorld.org.

Keeping the Jungle at Bay

As early as 1943, while World War II was still raging, former U.S. President Franklin Roosevelt saw that if America returned to its 1930s isolationism, history would repeat itself: “[If] the United States did not ‘pull the fangs of the predatory animals of this world,’ they would ‘multiply and grow in strength’ and would ‘be at our throats again once more in a short generation’” (Kagan, p. 29).

History is an excellent instructor. Roosevelt foresaw what neglect could bring, and historian Kagan recognizes this neglect occurring right before our eyes. And this phenomenon was explained in advance by another source. The Bible foretold the rise of nations that exhibit the nature of wild animals rather than tame lambs (Daniel 2 and 7; Revelation 13 and 17). Roosevelt anticipated the danger of this, and Kagan sees that we are, at any given time, only a short step away from another Hitler. All it takes is for the opportunity to arise, as there is never a shortage of aspiring dictators in the world. Only circumstances prevent them from seizing power. When world conditions decay, one or more will wreak global havoc again.

The U.S. withdrew into isolationism in the years between the two world wars. Americans thought that what happened in another part of the world was not a threat to a nation surrounded by two oceans and two peaceful neighbors. “Let the crazies in Europe and Asia work out their own problems!” Of course, that all changed on a December morning in 1941. Before then, the handwriting was on the wall for those who were willing to read it, but many Americans were as comfortable as the proverbial frogs in warm water and failed to recognize the danger approaching—until the Japanese military attacked Pearl Harbor.

Today, America is once again turning inward. “America First” sounds good to many, given the problems America’s international involvements have caused at home. But in a world without a policeman, however flawed he may be, the jungle will grow back. So postulates Kagan, and he is not alone. A far more reliable source—the Bible—agrees. It describes a coming time of trouble, such as has never before been seen. It warns of the signs of that time—and we already see many surrounding us!

Daniel wrote that “the time of the end” will be marked by mass transportation and a knowledge explosion (Daniel 12:4). Jesus warned us of devastation so severe that without God’s intervention no flesh would survive (Matthew 24:21–22). Until the last half of the last century, mankind lacked the weapons of global mass destruction that make such terrible times possible (cf. Revelation 9). Zechariah describes that in the end time the Jews would be in Jerusalem and would be a troublesome stone to all their neighbors (Zechariah 12:2–3). This prophecy could only be fulfilled after the establishment of the Jewish state in 1948, and after the Jews gained control over the whole of Jerusalem in the 1967 Six-Day War. Despite laudable efforts seeking peace and harmony, the Jewish people will be hated by their neighbors and Jerusalem will be a divided city (Zechariah 14:1–2). Regarding the moral state of our world, the Bible describes it as being like Sodom and Gomorrah—cities known for giving themselves over to abnormal and abusive sexual practices (Isaiah 1:10; Genesis 19).
    Gradually, Then Suddenly

The world order as we have known it for the last 75 years is breaking down. Consider the British exit from the European Union, a body already in crisis economically and politically. Right-wing groups are rising in Hungary, Poland, and Italy. The U.S. is pressuring Germany and Europe to increase their military spending—something that did not work out very well for the world the last two times it happened. The right-wing nationalist Alternative for Germany (AfD) is now the third-largest political party in Germany. Nations are turning inward, and this trend is no longer on the fringe, but is becoming mainstream. Where is it leading?

The Bible foretells of a resurrected “beast” power that will rise in Europe. (For more on this, read our booklet The Beast of Revelation: Myth, Metaphor, or Soon-Coming Reality?) The end of this age will come suddenly and (for most) unexpectedly, yet those who are watching will not be caught unaware (1 Thessalonians 5:1–4). Our world is going morally and financially bankrupt “gradually”—the “suddenly” will soon follow. How many of us will recall the experience of the 1930s generation? Historian Kagan observed (as I quoted in the previous issue of this magazine), “They learned, and we have now forgotten, that when things start to go wrong, they can go very wrong very quickly, that once a world order breaks down, the worst qualities of humanity emerge from under the rocks and run wild” (p. 24).

Jesus warned us to learn from the parable of the fig tree that the end will be near when we see certain events occurring (Luke 21:29–36). The Apostle Paul warns us all: “And do this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed” (Romans 13:11).

Are you awake and ready?

Quote Originally Posted by Texican View Post
    Points to ponder....
    Texican....

Are you awake and ready?
    The majority aren't ready, and most self-professing Christians who think the are, aren't.
    "for narrow is the way that leads to life, and few there are that find it."

There are different ways to look at things, maybe the futility of holding back the jungle should be embraced. Some things are just a waste of time. Take a suburban yard for instance. People spend so much time trying to keep other grasses and weeds out. To heck with it and just mow it. As so with culture and people's natural affinity for dictators, and brutal governments.

So we're the NAZI bad? Yes, from the standpoint of we who form the English peoples and related tribes. We're the Soviet bad? Apparently not too bad, because they were our ally of convenience. But guess what? In our efforts to free a people who wanted a one party system ( Germany) we hypocritically sided with the worst evil the world has seen, another one party system.

It's time we just admit most of the world doesn't want our system. One must be vigilant to maintain it and frankly, they are just too lazy. We on the other hand, must be dedicated and not let the people's from these lazy countries destroy us from within and currently we are not.

I'm not even going to address the Israel/Jewish issue.
    Last edited by naegling62; 10-05-2019 at 04:25 PM.
    Hwæt! Wé Gárdena in géardagum þéodcyninga þrym gefrúnon· hú ðá æþelingas ellen fremedon. - Listen! We of the Spear-Danes in the days of yore, of those clan-kings heard of their glory. How the worthy princes performed courageous deeds!

I guess that I see a difference between isolationism and not overextending yourself and a nation's resources in a way that brings down decency and order anyhow. The article assumes that the rise of far right parties is occurring in isolation and takes no account of the massive migration issues that are stressing these nations. That's where the neglect has come to be.

It's time we just admit most of the world doesn't want our system
    Sad but true. Richard Maybury once pointed out that there no Patrick Henry's in the Moslem world. The information about Western Civilization and its apex, the US, have been available to the rest of the world for generations.

Also,
    scientific and technological progress and the expansion of knowledge, while capable of improving our lives materially, have brought no lasting improvement in human behavior” (p. 5). While technology progressed to the Moon and beyond, human behavior “progressed” to Stalin, Hitler, and Pol Pot.
    Note that Orwell predicted 1984 style behaviour and passed away before the bulk of our recent technological explosion. Gene Roddenberry and a number of the Golden Age science fiction writers expected that with tech and its byproduct wealth, we would all become rather civilized. Orwell was correct about our future, even without knowing rise toward the Singularity was starting.
    Somewhere in the clouds, Your peak is shining, Have courage and go
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc_cqbxF0cg

I disagree with some of his thoughts, but the point, I think, he was making is a good one. Slowly, suddenly.

One aspect he didn't address outright was in the religious arena, in which it has been MHO that the apostacy mentioned coming in the last days, is also a slowly, suddenly, thing.

The religious arena has been slowly (not mentioning any denom. but rather Christian "religion" as a whole) been moving away from truth, mentioned by religious authors in the 1950's (A. W. Tozer is one), to the feel good, unoffending gospel, to the circus acts, tarot card readings, confessing your sins to mother earth, etc. IMHO soon the cliff is coming in the form of the AC.

Kind of like a boulder that starts down hill which picks up speed as it rolls downward, then suddenly falls off a cliff.

To also include society. When a certain aspect of society has been considered taboo, and then becomes mainstream, it goes from taboo slowly to mainstream, and then from mainstream suddenly ensconced in society, and social thinking, that to oppose it, becomes illegal.
    "Wise Men Still Seek Him"-bumper sticker

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."-John Adams
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own...."- Jeff Cooper, Art of the Rifle

Suddenly, gradual destruction.

I've been waiting all my life for Jesus to return. I expect tribulation, not escape by rapture. About the best I can hope for now is escape by death. Yes, trying to stay prepared for this may have made me a better person. But looking back at my years of waiting, I feel I've been more like the timid servant that buried the treasure his master gave him. I still pray to see the return, but it's hard to stay enthused.

Quote Originally Posted by Texican View Post
    The Bible foretells of a resurrected “beast” power that will rise in Europe.
    Wrong...

But, the rest of the article is timely so I won't harp too much.
    Deo adjuvante non timendum - With God Helping, Nothing is to be Feared
    "You are like a pit-bull..." - Dennis Olson
    "No man knows but that the last backward glance over his shoulder may be his last look, forever." - Ernie Pyle Born: 1900 KIA: 1945 Shima, Okinawa

Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post

I've been waiting all my life for Jesus to return. I expect tribulation, not escape by rapture. About the best I can hope for now is escape by death.
    Unless, of course, you get what you don't expect.

I've been waiting all my life for Jesus to return. I expect tribulation, not escape by rapture. About the best I can hope for now is escape by death. Yes, trying to stay prepared for this may have made me a better person. But looking back at my years of waiting, I feel I've been more like the timid servant that buried the treasure his master gave him.
    We have it easy in the west.

Look at the examples set by others... I can only pray for that kind of faith and I am shamed by it, as well.

11 Christians Killed Every Day for Their Decision to Follow Jesus
    The Christian persecution we read about in Scripture and history books is not a thing of the past. It still exists. Today, in the 21st century, we are living in a time when persecution against Christian believers is the highest in modern history. According to Open Doors’ 2019 World Watch List—an in-depth investigative report focusing on global Christian persecution—persecution is increasing at an alarming rate. Research for the List indicates that each day, a staggering 11 Christians are killed for their faith in the top 50 countries ranked on the World Watch List.
    https://www.opendoorsusa.org/christi...SAAEgL02_D_BwE

Persecution of Christians 'coming close to genocide' in Middle East
    Millions uprooted from homes, says UK-commissioned report, with many jailed and killed
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...le-east-report
    Deo adjuvante non timendum - With God Helping, Nothing is to be Feared
    "You are like a pit-bull..." - Dennis Olson
    "No man knows but that the last backward glance over his shoulder may be his last look, forever." - Ernie Pyle Born: 1900 KIA: 1945 Shima, Okinawa

The signs are exploding from the pages these days, a sign in itself. The fig tree is definetly budding. 1948 was the marker that got the clock ticking to the end day, imo. The generation alive in 1948 would see the coming of Christ. A Biblical generation being 70 or 80 years, 2018-2028. 2020 is perfect sight, perfect hindsight, and the year the Trump et sounds loud and clear. I believe the white horsemen of the Revelation is now running rampant. It stands for conquest, but not war....that's the next horse, the red horse. We have seen the Western nations overrun with illegals, refugees, muslims, etc... this is conquest. We have seen education turned into indoctrination, with emphasis on the high schools and university's organizing around the hoax of climate change. This is the conquest of the minds, just as we see that many who choose not to believe in Christ are now blind, a conquest of it's own. All achieved with relative innoculous moves.....yes, there is a war for your mind, but it is not a blood letting.

We see all the army's of the world ratcheting it up, with conquest on their minds......the soft coup, becomes the hard war.

It appears as if the tribulation may very well have started, time will tell. If it hasn't, it's at the door. Prepare wisely, save souls.

I've been waiting all my life for Jesus to return. I expect tribulation, not escape by rapture. About the best I can hope for now is escape by death. Yes, trying to stay prepared for this may have made me a better person. But looking back at my years of waiting, I feel I've been more like the timid servant that buried the treasure his master gave him. I still pray to see the return, but it's hard to stay enthused.
    Well said Delta. Some of us who grew up in certain churches kind of got messed up in our thinkings and expectations due to what was told to us. I am one who struggled with this for years, sounds like you are too. Why do you feel like the timid servant that buried the treasure his master gave him? What could you have been done differently?

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    Wrong...

Exactly what I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by CaryC View Post
    I disagree with some of his thoughts, but the point, I think, he was making is a good one. Slowly, suddenly.

One aspect he didn't address outright was in the religious arena, in which it has been MHO that the apostacy mentioned coming in the last days, is also a slowly, suddenly, thing.

The religious arena has been slowly (not mentioning any denom. but rather Christian "religion" as a whole) been moving away from truth, mentioned by religious authors in the 1950's (A. W. Tozer is one), to the feel good, unoffending gospel, to the circus acts, tarot card readings, confessing your sins to mother earth, etc. IMHO soon the cliff is coming in the form of the AC.

Kind of like a boulder that starts down hill which picks up speed as it rolls downward, then suddenly falls off a cliff.

To also include society. When a certain aspect of society has been considered taboo, and then becomes mainstream, it goes from taboo slowly to mainstream, and then from mainstream suddenly ensconced in society, and social thinking, that to oppose it, becomes illegal.
    This was an excellent post! Such is why we do home church with family members now. There is no church out there that is preparing its people to fight spiritual warfare, and certainly not for what's coming in the last days.

Quote Originally Posted by JMG91
    Such is why we do home church with family members now. There is no church out there that is preparing its people to fight spiritual warfare, and certainly not for what's coming in the last days.
    We do home church as well. You're right about the rest, too. We have looked far and wide in our AO, and there is NOTHING. Sad. Can't even find one that preaches the gospel anymore, much less anything else.
    Sherree

Kipling called it "The White Man's Burden," but these days that would be racist and not pc. What really happened, after Vietnam, Desert Storm, Iraq and Afghanistan is the American people got tired of the stream of body bags coming back from places nobody cares about, and the gutting of our economic system by spending all our money on third world cesspools that despise. America wins its wars, except Vietnam, and then loses the peace.

Pax America is OVER. Doomer Doug doesn't weep for it at all. The American people have been played as chumps by the globalist stooges that have abused us for decades now.

And if Trump, or the Neo Cons get us into another war in the Middle East, UNLESS IS SPECIFIC TO PREVENTING A KURDISH GENOCIDE BY TURKEY, we will have chaos much worse than Vietnam caused.

It is a hard to take this article serious when Canada, NATO et al spend so little on the common defense. Germany right now has about 100 combat ready tanks, so F%^^^^^ them all.
    Doomer Doug, a.k.a. Doug McIntosh now has a blog at www.doomerdoug.wordpress.com
    My end of the world e book "Day of the Dogs" is available for sale at the following url
    http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B007BRLFYU

Quote Originally Posted by Knight_Loring View Post
    Well said Delta. Some of us who grew up in certain churches kind of got messed up in our thinkings and expectations due to what was told to us. I am one who struggled with this for years, sounds like you are too. Why do you feel like the timid servant that buried the treasure his master gave him? What could you have been done differently?
    Historically, this has happen a lot.

The Thessalonians (young Christians) thought they had missed His coming, and were upset.

There was a great expectation for His Return on the night of Dec. 31, 999. So much so, that the Christians at the time, sold all they had, made white robes for themselves, and stood on hills during the night. During the next 1500 years of so, they had other things to occupy their time. Black Plague, Dark Ages, no Bible except for Priests in the RCC, etc.

The late 1800's (1880's) during the 2nd Great Awakening, it was almost themed to the 2nd Coming, and lots of revivals, studies, and books were written about it. Reading that history you can almost feel the anticipation, and soon coming. Different debates broke out about rapture timing. "The Coming Prince" by Sir Robert Anderson made the prediction that the establishment of the Nation of Israel was the next event on the horizon of prophecy fulfillment. The outbreak of WWI probably made people think it was the tribulation, and especially with The Balfour Declaration in 1917.

WWII really ramped that up, about the tribulation, and then the establishment of the nation of Israel in 1948. People got their calculators out and started figuring out when His coming would be. 1948 + 30 years is a generation, +40 years is a generation, +70 years is a generation. And again a lot of books and studies were being done about His coming.

And now over in the "Turkey" thread Rag. and Doomer Doug, and Daniel Boone, are pretty excited about this Turkey invasion of Syria. Which is cool, no harm no foul. The thing is even the Bible states "no one knows the day or the hour" and He meant it. The thing He tells us to do, is watch, so we are, don't feel bummed out about it. I've been on the verge of anxiety attacks several times in my life, and nothing happened, but it's still cool, still watching.

There's some 318 prophecies that need to be fulfilled BEFORE He comes back, and they will be. His Coming is soon, a whole lot closer than when the Thessalonians thought they had missed it.

As for "what could of been done differently": Not sure anything could have been done differently. Bible prophecy was written in such a way that only (or near only) with the fulfillment is it known that, that was/is it.

In the OT, Jerusalem was under siege, and people were starving. A prophet of God rose up and declared that tomorrow at this time a loaf of bread would go for a denarii. Unfathomable how that could be, and was thought to be a false prophet.

On the outside of the gates of Jerusalem were 2 beggars. They decided they would go into the siege camp and beg for food. Figured they were going to die either way, so they went. The camp was deserted, the Syrians (?) had run off during the night and left everything, including all the food.

So much food in fact that bread sold for a denarii, the next day.

Is Turkey Magog, or is it Russia? Watch, we will know, when it happens. Even as we can begin to see the apostacy taking place.

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."-John Adams
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own...."- Jeff Cooper, Art of the Rifle

The enemy within is our most pressing threat.

External threats can be held at bay with military deterrence...and a desire to do so.

If the commies subvert the constitution, the chicoms, UN and globalist will be invited to the party.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Quote Originally Posted by Millwright View Post
    The enemy within is our most pressing threat.

External threats can be held at bay with military deterrence...and a desire to do so.

If the commies subvert the constitution, the chicoms, UN and globalist will be invited to the party.
    What do you mean invited to the party? I thought they were throwing it! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by CaryC View Post
    Historically, this has happen a lot.

The Thessalonians (young Christians) thought they had missed His coming, and were upset.

There was a great expectation for His Return on the night of Dec. 31, 999. So much so, that the Christians at the time, sold all they had, made white robes for themselves, and stood on hills during the night. During the next 1500 years of so, they had other things to occupy their time. Black Plague, Dark Ages, no Bible except for Priests in the RCC, etc.

The late 1800's (1880's) during the 2nd Great Awakening, it was almost themed to the 2nd Coming, and lots of revivals, studies, and books were written about it. Reading that history you can almost feel the anticipation, and soon coming. Different debates broke out about rapture timing. "The Coming Prince" by Sir Robert Anderson made the prediction that the establishment of the Nation of Israel was the next event on the horizon of prophecy fulfillment. The outbreak of WWI probably made people think it was the tribulation, and especially with The Balfour Declaration in 1917.

WWII really ramped that up, about the tribulation, and then the establishment of the nation of Israel in 1948. People got their calculators out and started figuring out when His coming would be. 1948 + 30 years is a generation, +40 years is a generation, +70 years is a generation. And again a lot of books and studies were being done about His coming.

And now over in the "Turkey" thread Rag. and Doomer Doug, and Daniel Boone, are pretty excited about this Turkey invasion of Syria. Which is cool, no harm no foul. The thing is even the Bible states "no one knows the day or the hour" and He meant it. The thing He tells us to do, is watch, so we are, don't feel bummed out about it. I've been on the verge of anxiety attacks several times in my life, and nothing happened, but it's still cool, still watching.

There's some 318 prophecies that need to be fulfilled BEFORE He comes back, and they will be. His Coming is soon, a whole lot closer than when the Thessalonians thought they had missed it.

As for "what could of been done differently": Not sure anything could have been done differently. Bible prophecy was written in such a way that only (or near only) with the fulfillment is it known that, that was/is it.

In the OT, Jerusalem was under siege, and people were starving. A prophet of God rose up and declared that tomorrow at this time a loaf of bread would go for a denarii. Unfathomable how that could be, and was thought to be a false prophet.

On the outside of the gates of Jerusalem were 2 beggars. They decided they would go into the siege camp and beg for food. Figured they were going to die either way, so they went. The camp was deserted, the Syrians (?) had run off during the night and left everything, including all the food.

So much food in fact that bread sold for a denarii, the next day.

Is Turkey Magog, or is it Russia? Watch, we will know, when it happens. Even as we can begin to see the apostacy taking place.
    Lord Mayor's Show, London. Gog Magog.

http://lordmayorsshow.london/history/gog-and-magog

Isaac Newton on religion and the end of the age.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religio...f_Isaac_Newton

First book I read on the subject in 75.

http://books.google.com/books/about/...d=PacqAQAAMAAJ

I got to say Hi-D, I don't understand your references to those books/articles.

The first one is about two statues in London, and not countries.

Isaac Newton's writings concern Daniel and John, and not Ezekiel where Gog and Magog are mentioned. Even though they could be mentioned in passing.

And the third one written in 1974 by the Wolvoord's is a reference to oil, and how that will play a part in the Middle East War. Granted in '74 oil was a really big deal. I've stood in line to get some. However it is no longer a factor, we are oil independent. While oil may be factor for the EU, Japan, and China, and we may play a part in protecting that oil supply. It doesn't hold the same place, for us as it once did. Even though WE may view the ME war as one concerning oil. The Bible passages do not.

The situation I referenced specifically is the Gog Magog War of Ezekiel 38-9. In which it states that Gog/Magog will lead an invasion into Israel. And that there is two lines of thinking (generally) on who that is: Turkey, or Russia.

Ultimately we shall see, so until we know, we watch.

OP link is broken. Please fix.

Found it: link
    If it were up to me being a lawyer would be an automatic disqualification from political office.

Wrong...

Au Contraire. Retrieved from: https://www.tomorrowsworld.org/magaz...o-is-the-beast

Title: Who Is the Beast?

Bible prophecy reveals that a great superpower will rise in Europe.
    And it will be a revival of the Roman Empire. This great power will be political, military and economic. You can read about its economic power in Revelation 18. The current European Union is headed toward completing all three dimensions of that power. Germany is presently the leading nation of the European Union. As we have pointed out in previous articles in this magazine, Bible prophecy shows that in the endtime, God will use the biblical nation of Assyria to punish His people, as He has done before. As regular readers of this magazine know, modern Germany is the descendant of ancient Assyria, which God will use to punish the modern descendants of the ancient house of Israel—the peoples of the United States and British-descended countries. For more information on this vital topic, please request your free copy of our informative booklet, The United States and Great Britain in Prophecy.
    https://safeg.net/home A Safe Alternative to Harmful 5G Wireless

Matthew 10:17 But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues; 18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles. 19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.

Quote Originally Posted by TammyinWI View Post
    Au Contraire. Retrieved from: https://www.tomorrowsworld.org/magaz...o-is-the-beast

Title: Who Is the Beast?

Bible prophecy reveals that a great superpower will rise in Europe.
    And it will be a revival of the Roman Empire. This great power will be political, military and economic. You can read about its economic power in Revelation 18. The current European Union is headed toward completing all three dimensions of that power. Germany is presently the leading nation of the European Union. As we have pointed out in previous articles in this magazine, Bible prophecy shows that in the endtime, God will use the biblical nation of Assyria to punish His people, as He has done before. As regular readers of this magazine know, modern Germany is the descendant of ancient Assyria, which God will use to punish the modern descendants of the ancient house of Israel—the peoples of the United States and British-descended countries. For more information on this vital topic, please request your free copy of our informative booklet, The United States and Great Britain in Prophecy.
    I can't agree, and remain with the belief that the papacy is the beast system and whom you will chose to worship is the mark/seal. Sunday worship (tradition of man) being the beast's mark, while keeping the 7th day Sabbath seals one with the seal of God, symbolically, in the hand or forehead. Forehead representing thought to whom you will worship, hand representing action.
    Time is short. Read your Bible!

We have it easy in the west.

Look at the examples set by others... I can only pray for that kind of faith and I am shamed by it, as well.

11 Christians Killed Every Day for Their Decision to Follow Jesus
    The Christian persecution we read about in Scripture and history books is not a thing of the past. It still exists. Today, in the 21st century, we are living in a time when persecution against Christian believers is the highest in modern history. According to Open Doors’ 2019 World Watch List—an in-depth investigative report focusing on global Christian persecution—persecution is increasing at an alarming rate. Research for the List indicates that each day, a staggering 11 Christians are killed for their faith in the top 50 countries ranked on the World Watch List.
    https://www.opendoorsusa.org/christi...SAAEgL02_D_BwE

Persecution of Christians 'coming close to genocide' in Middle East
    Millions uprooted from homes, says UK-commissioned report, with many jailed and killed
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...le-east-report
    Give it time.

Even if he wins a 2nd term, Trump can ONLY serve 2 terms--

and I expect the Dems to win after he must leave office.

THEN---RULE (or dictatorship, more like) of this country by "The Squad" and their designated "Leader"---

and their words -- and the hatred they have shown Trump -- and the OBVIOUS fact that to them the ends TOTALLY justify the means and that NOTHING is wrong if it achieves your desired end---

ALL together PROVE that, if they cannot "convert" us to their way of thinking---they will feel they must "eliminate" us---for society's "good", of course....
    Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Quote Originally Posted by canis-major View Post
    OP link is broken. Please fix.

Found it: link
    The books here sounded good, until the titles of some of them made me look up the author, due to a sneaking suspicion I had about who this group might be affiliated with.

Suspicion confirmed.

Roderick C Meredith, author of several of the group's "Booklets", was founder of the "Living Church of God", an offshoot of the Worldwide Church of God of Herbert W Armstrong.

If that name rings a bell, it's because his group is the one that denies the Word of God concerning Israel (the Prophets of the OT and Romans chapters 7-11) and tries to substitute white Anglo-Saxons and northern Europeans as the "lost 10 tribes of Israel", among other things:

"British Israelism: The belief that the Anglo-American people are descended from the Lost Ten Tribes of Israel, specifically Ephraim and Manasseh and are the possessors of the birthright promises and accompanying blessings of Abraham's descendants, through his grandson Jacob. Other countries believed to be Israelite are Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Belgium, France, Netherlands, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Israel, and Denmark."

Other Herbert W Armstrong beliefs are listed at this Wikipedia link:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Living_Church_of_God
    Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

For your reading enjoyment:

Thesis on Christ and Antichrist by Hippolytus of Rome

http://www.earlychristianwritings.co...us-christ.html

A little background on the author Hippolytus:

Hippolytus (c. 170–235 AD) was one of the most important second-third century Christian theologians, whose provenance, identity and corpus remain elusive to scholars and historians. Suggested communities include Palestine, Egypt, Anatolia, Rome and regions of the mideast.

The best historians of literature in the ancient church, including Eusebius of Caesarea and Jerome, openly confess they cannot name where Hippolytus the biblical commentator and theologian served in leadership. They had read his works but did not possess evidence of his community.

Photios I of Constantinople describes him in his Bibliotheca (cod. 121) as a disciple of Irenaeus, who was said to be a disciple of Polycarp, (Polycarp, perhaps the Angel/Messenger of Smyrna named in Revelation, was a disciple of John the author of Rev. it was a practice at this time to mentor/disciple others in the faith) in and from the context of this passage it is supposed that he suggested that Hippolytus so styled himself.[1] This assertion is doubtful.[2]

One older theory asserts he came into conflict with the popes of his time and seems to have headed a schismatic group as a rival to the Bishop of Rome, thus becoming an Antipope. In this view, he opposed the Roman Popes who softened the penitential system to accommodate the large number of new pagan converts. However, he was reconciled to the Church before he died as a martyr.[2]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippolytus_of_Rome

Not for oil

[QUOTE=CaryC;7434154]I got to say Hi-D, I don't understand your references to those books/articles.

The first one is about two statues in London, and not countries.

Isaac Newton's writings concern Daniel and John, and not Ezekiel where Gog and Magog are mentioned. Even though they could be mentioned in passing.

And the third one written in 1974 by the Wolvoord's is a reference to oil, and how that will play a part in the Middle East War. Granted in '74 oil was a really big deal. I've stood in line to get some. However it is no longer a factor, we are oil independent. While oil may be factor for the EU, Japan, and China, and we may play a part in protecting that oil supply. It doesn't hold the same place, for us as it once did. Even though WE may view the ME war as one concerning oil. The Bible passages do not.

The situation I referenced specifically is the Gog Magog War of Ezekiel 38-9. In which it states that Gog/Magog will lead an invasion into Israel. And that there is two lines of thinking (generally) on who that is: Turkey, or Russia.

First I would like to address your not for oil stance. Why we send thousands of troops to Saudi. http://www.google.com/search?q=thous...arabia&ie=&oe=

Dollar hegemony.(It's not their human rights record)

http://www.google.com/search?q=thous...arabia&ie=&oe=

Slower/sudden "Birth Pangs" and the theology behind it and how it changes by who is doing the watching. (Newton) or http://www.amazon.com/Evangelicals-S.../dp/1439131333

http://biblehub.com/kjv/1_thessalonians/5-3.htm after 5-3 there is 4,5,6...

In the world not of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-D View Post
    In the world not of the world.
    Do you hold with Strong’s Concordance definition/translation of the term, “world”?
    “I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.” Barry Goldwater.