Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

HEALTH Type 2 Diabetes: And what appears to be a cure ...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Funny how we learn more for a Chiropractor than an Endocrinologist.
    Alliopathic doctors are trained and brainwashed that there's a pill for every ill.
    They treat symptoms and don't cure disease by getting to the cause.

I heard, one time, that they receive about one day's training in nutrition in medical school.

Chiros, on the other hand, are trained to look at the whole and balance

Quote Originally Posted by Border Collie Dad View Post
    Alliopathic doctors are trained and brainwashed that there's a pill for every ill.
    They treat symptoms and don't cure disease by getting to the cause.

I heard, one time, that they receive about one day's training in nutrition in medical school.

Chiros, on the other hand, are trained to look at the whole and balance
    My new doc and her PA both have a background in nutrition (BS in both premed and nutrition) and I know my doc has dabbled some with herbal medicine. She told me once she wished more people were willing to go that route but they are unfortunately not willing. And then she shared that she has patients that think essential oils will cure everything. I think she was impressed at my wanting a balanced approach. I know there are times when I need allopathic medicine... getting that tetanus shot when I cut part of my finger off, antibiotics for my pneumonia, so on and so forth. But I also use some home remedies that humans have been using for thousands of years that work quite well, and she has no problems with my doing so.
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

This disease sucks

I was in my early 30's when i was diagnosed type II. One of the worst days i ever had. Weird thing was i did not feel old, was in great health otherwise. Worked out 6 days a week and was not overweight by any means. So doc started me on oral meds to keep sugars at bay. Diet was not great back then and i drank and smoked too much.

Found out later that my Mom's parents were both diabetic. Doc told me genetics played role in diagnosis. Got 3 sisters and none of them were diagnosed till recently (now in their 50's).

Ten years of so after diagnosis I could not keep sugars down. A1C's continually over 7, sometimes 8. Insulin treatment was now required Doc said. Worst day ever!!!!!. So depressed. So last time at the Doc she recommends i start on the pump as test showed my pancreas no longer produces any usable insulin.

Anyway after another 10 years fighting this damn disease, trying different diets I am now on low carb. Not keto as my trigliceriddes are REALLY BAD!!!!. More following Dr Bernstein's Low Carb solution although i still eat a few too many carbs but nothing White. Stick to basic keto veggies but some fruits (berries).

Since starting low carb eating i only use 2 units daybreak/breakfast as i have dawn phennemon and usually 2 units for lunch and dinner. I am expecting low 6's on A1C.
    Hoping for the best as this damn disease has been really depressing the last few years.

So no hope to reverse it as i took to long and pancreas is shot. At least i quit smoking which made the Doc happy but put a good 30 pounds on me. So hoping low carb will help with weight loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Khabul View Post
    I was in my early 30's when i was diagnosed type II. One of the worst days i ever had. Weird thing was i did not feel old, was in great health otherwise. Worked out 6 days a week and was not overweight by any means. So doc started me on oral meds to keep sugars at bay. Diet was not great back then and i drank and smoked too much.

Found out later that my Mom's parents were both diabetic. Doc told me genetics played role in diagnosis. Got 3 sisters and none of them were diagnosed till recently (now in their 50's).

Ten years of so after diagnosis I could not keep sugars down. A1C's continually over 7, sometimes 8. Insulin treatment was now required Doc said. Worst day ever!!!!!. So depressed. So last time at the Doc she recommends i start on the pump as test showed my pancreas no longer produces any usable insulin.

Anyway after another 10 years fighting this damn disease, trying different diets I am now on low carb. Not keto as my trigliceriddes are REALLY BAD!!!!. More following Dr Bernstein's Low Carb solution although i still eat a few too many carbs but nothing White. Stick to basic keto veggies but some fruits (berries).

Since starting low carb eating i only use 2 units daybreak/breakfast as i have dawn phennemon and usually 2 units for lunch and dinner. I am expecting low 6's on A1C.
    Hoping for the best as this damn disease has been really depressing the last few years.

So no hope to reverse it as i took to long and pancreas is shot. At least i quit smoking which made the Doc happy but put a good 30 pounds on me. So hoping low carb will help with weight loss.
    Cardio with weights. I have free weights, kettle bells, a medicine ball, and a step. It’s amazing what ten minutes a day will get yo as far as gains.
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

Sounds very similar to my situation. Normal weight, active, and high triglycerides first then much later high blood sugars. With me, my doctor believes I inherited genes from both sides that gave me high triglycerides. He thought I had Syndrome X. My triglycerides pre diabetes were 400-800 with medicine. Now between a regular 6 months check up my triglycerides shot up to 5,000! That's when my body switched over to diabetic, I had fasting blood sugars at 600+. Hang in there.
    Hwæt! Wé Gárdena in géardagum þéodcyninga þrym gefrúnon· hú ðá æþelingas ellen fremedon. - Listen! We of the Spear-Danes in the days of yore, of those clan-kings heard of their glory. How the worthy princes performed courageous deeds!

Quote Originally Posted by Millwright View Post
    'zactly

I'm not giving up an hour of.my life to hear what can probably be distilled down to a.coupla paragraphs.

Data usage is an issue with many members too.

Cut out carbs & sugar?

Exercise?

Drink whiskey not beer?

Don't sleep with ugly chicks?
    For way to many, sleeping with ugly even not so ugly chicks is the norm....

Texican....

Another good thing about being on the keto diet was that my triglycerides went from 174 down to 77. I was amazed when I got the results back.

I read a study a while back where it showed that some people have had their pancreas get some of it's functioning back. I`'ll look for that article and if I find it I'll post it tomorrow.

I’m FUGLY. As in real damned FUGLY! Even I’m well aware of this fact.

I’m also prone to extreme faithfulness and loyalty.

Most men will take beauty and hot sexiness over those traits, and then they bitch because she divorced his sad ass and stripped him of everything.

From my view point you get what you desire.

Quote Originally Posted by Texican View Post
    For way to many, sleeping with ugly even not so ugly chicks is the norm....

Texican....

Vanadium can improve sensitivity to insulin in both Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes. It has been shown in human studies to have some ability to lower cholesterol levels and blood pressure. Areas of the world where vanadium (and selenium) levels are high in the soil have lower rates of heart disease.Dec 15, 2010
    Vanadium & Diabetes, Benefit or Harm? - Diabetesnet.com

https://www.diabetesnet.com › vanadium-diabetes

Wow this is a great thread! I'm learning things I didn't know!
    My Triglycerides are down to 72 and all lab and panels are great except the A1c was 9.7 a month ago.
    I haven't been religious on Keto until the last couple months. I only am allowed an A1c test every 5 months and other labs and panels once a year.

Countrymouse: I've exactly what your talking about re sleepy as and after eating. With the people I saw, I was told from doctors thats its because blood rushes to the stomach to digest food so lowers BP. I don't know much about that but it might be worth doing a search on it?

I have been up since 3 am with acute pain in shoulder, its calming now but I am calling my doc to request muscle relaxers maybe?
    Ortho appt is Oct 9.
    I've been readng a ton too on the cortisone shots and so on, I don't think I will get them. Of course that mans I will be stuck in the recliner for awhile.

I have the dawn effect too. And I love Dr.Berg!
    Be ready always, to give the reason for the hope that is within you

I was told from doctors thats its because blood rushes to the stomach to digest food so lowers BP.
    It's possible that intermittent fasting will help with this.

And I love Dr.Berg!
    He's a wealth of information, ain't he?
    Scientifically backed

Quote Originally Posted by WanderLore View Post
    My Triglycerides are down to 72 and all lab and panels are great except the A1c was 9.7 a month ago.
    I haven't been religious on Keto until the last couple months. I only am allowed an A1c test every 5 months and other labs and panels once a year.

Countrymouse: I've exactly what your talking about re sleepy as and after eating. With the people I saw, I was told from doctors thats its because blood rushes to the stomach to digest food so lowers BP. I don't know much about that but it might be worth doing a search on it?

I have been up since 3 am with acute pain in shoulder, its calming now but I am calling my doc to request muscle relaxers maybe?
    Ortho appt is Oct 9.
    I've been readng a ton too on the cortisone shots and so on, I don't think I will get them. Of course that mans I will be stuck in the recliner for awhile.

WonderLore, interesting info. May I ask as to your Dawn Effect the following questions:

What time do you get up?
    What is your blood sugar immediately after getting up?
    What is your blood sugar 2hrs after breakfast?
    What does your breakfast consist of?

The reason I ask, is because I have broken through my Dawn Effect, something which my doctor said I couldn't do.
    Hwæt! Wé Gárdena in géardagum þéodcyninga þrym gefrúnon· hú ðá æþelingas ellen fremedon. - Listen! We of the Spear-Danes in the days of yore, of those clan-kings heard of their glory. How the worthy princes performed courageous deeds!

I found few articles (as promised) and I'm sure there're lots of others. You can probably find a link in those articles leading back to the original study(s).

Fasting diet may help regenerate a diabetic pancreas (from 2017)
    https://www.nhs.uk/news/diabetes/fas...etic-pancreas/

A Fasting Diet Could Reverse Diabetes And Repair The Pancreas, Says New Research (2017)
    https://www.sciencealert.com/this-fa...s-new-research

and

Type 2 diabetes is a reversible condition (from 2017)
    https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0913084432.htm

Quote Originally Posted by packyderms_wife View Post
    I’m FUGLY. As in real damned FUGLY! Even I’m well aware of this fact.

I’m also prone to extreme faithfulness and loyalty.

Most men will take beauty and hot sexiness over those traits, and then they bitch because she divorced his sad ass and stripped him of everything.

From my view point you get what you desire.
    Men deserve everything they get when they chase a hot chick just because she's hot. EVERYTHING. Because for too many men (not all), they're more interested in making their male friends jealous than they are interested in having a beautiful relationship with a less-than-beautiful woman.

WHen I was in my 40s and dating, I would listen to single men go on and on and on about their ex-wife and what a bitch she was! I wanted to say, "I don't even know her, but I'm on HER side."

I would ask those men, "What was it that attracted you to her in the first place?"

The men ALWAYS gave the same answer, "She was so damn hot. She was the sexiest/prettiest/most beautiful woman I'd ever seen."

And those are the guys who ended up divorced.

I don't hate all men, but I do think that many of the single ones would be less single if they started looking at something OTHER than beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty_Rose View Post
    Men deserve everything they get when they chase a hot chick just because she's hot. EVERYTHING. Because for too many men (not all), they're more interested in making their male friends jealous than they are interested in having a beautiful relationship with a less-than-beautiful woman.

WHen I was in my 40s and dating, I would listen to single men go on and on and on about their ex-wife and what a bitch she was! I wanted to say, "I don't even know her, but I'm on HER side."

I would ask those men, "What was it that attracted you to her in the first place?"

The men ALWAYS gave the same answer, "She was so damn hot. She was the sexiest/prettiest/most beautiful woman I'd ever seen."

And those are the guys who ended up divorced.

I don't hate all men, but I do think that many of the single ones would be less single if they started looking at something OTHER than beauty.
    Couldn't agree MORE, Betty Rose.

How many times, over the decades, have I witnessed this "trophy girlfriend/wife" drama, negatively play out with male acquaintances/co-workers?

Same script, mostly, with different players doing the same song-and-dance.

It is in the male "wiring," at a level BELOW cognitive thought - nature-driven, sometimes hormonally charged, more often than not problematic for one or both.

Coming from a rather large extended family, and being one of the youngest members, I grew up with physically beautiful, capable, smart women all around me, with some who had obtained post-graduate degrees by their own intellectual merits, and who were not in the least bit afraid to make their positions/ideas known, as the situation dictated. Looking back, I came to realize that my oldest sister was a visual knock-out; statuesque, REAL strawberry blond and light blue eyes, possessing an authentically sweet, mothering, nature, and who was not easily riled - poor Dad was constantly chasing the young males off of the place, late at night during her dating years. Sis could not stop the unwanted/undesired attention from the many wannabe suitors. Sis kept her head about herself, choosing a life mate LEO professional; they raised three kids together, before he was killed in the line of duty.

Wiring.

Had several physically attractive female cousins, who also drew young unwanted suitors/attention by the score - THEIR Dad stayed the course with his girls, as they moved through their boyfriend-laden teen years, and into adulthood.

ALL of my female family knew how to drive a tractor, hoof 50 LBS feed sacks to and fro, run a chainsaw, operate a push-mower, tote 60+ LBS square hay bales, check and perform the various maintenance requirements for farm and vehicular machinery - grease the baler, hay rake, tractors, 4-wheel trailers, trucks, cars, mix the 2-cycle chainsaw fuel - yet, when they put on a dress/nice clothing and makeup, one would NEVER know of their several PRACTICAL talents by simply looking at them - also, being educated women, they spoke clear and correct English that was befitting a lady.

THAT is what I learned about females while growing up - capable, smart, academically successful, very attractive packages - physically, mentally, and in their authentic can-do dispositions.

Wiring that worked, for everyone.

Now that I have joined the post-60 crowd, as I look over the life-landscape, it is clear that many of the surviving and/or new relationships of my peers is finally about companionship, doting on the grandkids, being more relaxed, enjoying each other, and, in turn, enjoying a mutually interdependent life together - a life that eluded many in their younger, sometimes raging years.

"It Now (just) Works®"

intothegoodnight
    Last edited by intothatgoodnight; 10-02-2019 at 03:19 PM.
    "Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

— Dylan Thomas, "Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night"

Quote Originally Posted by Weft and Warp View Post

Type 2 diabetes is a reversible condition (from 2017)
    https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0913084432.htm
    This piece echos what Dr. Fung has been saying about diabetes and fasting, shown by clinical trials.
    - Hacker

The Death of Money: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L9TYKLX/

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. G View Post
    Wrong, high insulin is NOT the cause of type 2 diabetes and high insulin does NOT cause insulin resistance...insulin resistance results in high insulin, and with over 20+years of lab testing with patients, we see high fasting insulin levels long before we see elevated blood sugar levels.
    By the way, EVERYONE should take metforim, 250mg per day minimum, whether or not are diabetic or not...one of the side effects they found with metformin is that it INCREASES with diabetics live span by 15%, no studies completed yet on non-diabetics, (does it by modulating AMPK levels), totally unexpected since diabetics have shorter life spans than nondiabetecs.
    Yes, generally, ketogenic food choices will correct more conditions than any other type of diet, (including Mediterranean diet).
    This is a video of Dr. Fung, explaining his thesis on insulin resistance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAwgdX5VxGc

About 35 minutes; he addresses this specific topic at about the 3:30 mark.

As an aside: his thesis is that insulin resistance is ultimately caused by fat in the liver and pancreas; and that fat in these organs is caused by insulin. This follows from the notion that (we know) people on insulin gain weight - therefore, insulin makes us fat.
    - Hacker

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    This is a video of Dr. Fung, explaining his thesis on insulin resistance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAwgdX5VxGc

About 35 minutes; he addresses this specific topic at about the 3:30 mark.

As an aside: his thesis is that insulin resistance is ultimately caused by fat in the liver and pancreas; and that fat in these organs is caused by insulin. This follows from the notion that (we know) people on insulin gain weight - therefore, insulin makes us fat.
    He is saying what I said, one area he is wrong, the is no receptor affinity with the hormones, DHEA and Pregnenolone, (research is being done on whether there is with Melatonin), he's right about receptor affinity with insulin.

I just checked the date on this video, my God people 2013, really you have to be kidding me ...in the world of research/advances this ancient information...some of it still applies, most of it is outdated.

We are so far beyond what he is activating that it is on the level of blood letting from the 18th century
    Last edited by Dr. G; 10-02-2019 at 09:28 PM. Reason: update

double post sorry bout that

About my dawn effect, I have always had it. Sometimes I am up at 3, other times 7 or even 10 am. Its always the same. I rarely eat breakfast, I drink light coffee. Sugar is down around noon or so. Even on Keto religious it was high, 200 usually.
    If you know a way to get it down I would sure like to know and give it a try!

Ps: I agree on the ladies posts about relationships. But it can go both ways unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotto View Post
    Our bodies were not created to eat the "typical American diet." They were created to eat healthy, which is simply what the "Keto diet" actually is.

Obesity and diabetes went crazy in this country when they flipped the food pyramid upside down in the late 70's. This made people eat WAY more carbs than they should.

BULL. We weren't created to need "medicine," either.

Let food be thy medicine, and let medicine be thy food.” - Hippocrates.
    Don't get me wrong Scotto, I was not promoting the typical American diet. It's terrible.

I'm not convinced the Keto diet is "healthy", I did it for 30 days once and 20 another time, so I have an idea what its about but admittedly lack that long term commitment others have done.
    My BP didn't drop like I had hoped which was the main reasoning for doing it, I did loose weight, but I had concerns about my arteries plugging up.

I can't seem to land on a way of eating that keeps my BP down to almost normal. I did keto, paleo, whole 30...the only thing that worked was the 500 cal diet with HGH drops, I shed weight like crazy and my BP dropped for months even after I went off the diet. Went 30 days.

I'm not obese.

About my dawn effect, I have always had it. Sometimes I am up at 3, other times 7 or even 10 am. Its always the same. I rarely eat breakfast, I drink light coffee. Sugar is down around noon or so. Even on Keto religious it was high, 200 usually.
    If you know a way to get it down I would sure like to know and give it a try!

Ps: I agree on the ladies posts about relationships. But it can go both ways unfortunately.
    Hmm ... getting up at vastly different times, that might not work with the angle I took. My methodology was determine my low point, figure out how much per hour it increases, then find a time which was the most reasonable to get up and it having the best blood sugar reading. For me this time is 5:30am. I am now stable and I am starting the day at a manageable number. Took me around 7 weeks.

I am a firm believer this may be one major reason our forebears didn't suffer the Dawn Effect negatively because they got up with the chickens. They ate a very meaty breakfast with not much carbs. They worked very hard till lunch. They traditionally had smaller evening meals than we do now, which, is a natural time for reduction in blood sugar. They didn't stay up late consuming fun food watching TV either.

I'm trying to manage my diet much more like my farmer grandparents and eat Primitive/Grilled and Green.

Fun food is our biggest problem. We use to not have processed or complex foods, they were just fuel. If, we can get back to fuel food, most of our problems will take care of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by KFhunter View Post
    Don't get me wrong Scotto, I was not promoting the typical American diet. It's terrible.

I'm not convinced the Keto diet is "healthy", I did it for 30 days once and 20 another time, so I have an idea what its about but admittedly lack that long term commitment others have done.

My BP didn't drop like I had hoped which was the main reasoning for doing it, I did loose weight, but I had concerns about my arteries plugging up.

I can't seem to land on a way of eating that keeps my BP down to almost normal. I did keto, paleo, whole 30...the only thing that worked was the 500 cal diet with HGH drops, I shed weight like crazy and my BP dropped for months even after I went off the diet. Went 30 days.

I'm not obese.
    A combination of K2, Vitamin C and Boron, together, are said to be key in slowly removing arterial deposits, and preventing future deposits - K2 and boron, together, are the most important.

K2, however, is a blood thickening agent, too, and works against the actions of oral blood thinning prescriptions. For this reason, some folks may not be able to take K2.

Have you had a non-invasive MRI scan of your arteries, to see AHEAD OF TIME PRIOR to any "clogging" incident, what condition they are in? Modern medicine has the ability to de-clog nearly all arterial blockages.

Another area of concern for the aging human body - afib and other heart mis-beat conditions, unidentified - the sooner diagnosed and treated, the better.

intothegoodnight

Here's an update ...

I've followed Dr. Fung's program on my own, but eased into it with daily 16 hour fasts, and then 22 hour fasts.

I've just finished my third 36-hour fast. This morning, my blood glucose was at 71. My belief is that one or two things happened:

1) My liver didn't have nearly as much sugar to dump into my system (overnight), which means the ketosis has been successfully wringing the fat out of my liver; or, 2) My pancreatic beta cells are beginning to function normally, also a consequence of ketosis and getting the fat out of the pancreas.

In my view, this shows what a high-fat, low-carb diet, along with fasting, can do.
    - Hacker

Here's an update ...

I've followed Dr. Fung's program on my own, but eased into it with daily 16 hour fasts, and then 22 hour fasts.

I've just finished my third 36-hour fast. This morning, my blood glucose was at 71. My belief is that one or two things happened:

1) My liver didn't have nearly as much sugar to dump into my system (overnight), which means the ketosis has been successfully wringing the fat out of my liver; or, 2) My pancreatic beta cells are beginning to function normally, also a consequence of ketosis and getting the fat out of the pancreas.

In my view, this shows what a high-fat, low-carb diet, along with fasting, can do.
    Thank you for your report, Hacker. It is informative. Continued success to you as you navigate your way back to good health.

I have a long-time 60-something year old acquaintance who is following a very similar path as you described, with similar positive results - for them, the key piece was the fasting, THEN the restricted diet - the restricted diet, alone, was only partially successful - certainly positive, but not as solid of a reliable change as was hoped.

Fasting was the key - similar to you, they started with a 16-hour fast - was not a real problem, per se, for them - no food cravings, driving hunger - then, they extended those fasts to 18-hour fasts - mostly still no real craving/hunger issues, but they noticed that when they would run 19 or 20 hours on the 18-hour fast, they felt a releasing/relaxation in their solar plexus/diaphragm area - unexpected, but only seemed to start occurring around 19 hours of fasting. Finally, they have worked themselves up to 28-hour fasts (twice per week?) and continue to notice the relaxed feeling in their solar plexus/diaphragm area starting somewhere around the 19-hour mark - they were only a bit overweight when they started - say, 12% over from what the charts recommend for a given height - their weight is now at the upper limit of what the charts recommend, dropping slowly across the weeks. Their blood sugars/A1C, measured recently in a blood draw by their physician, show that their Type II diabetes is fading away - forget their actual numbers, but only a couple of ticks above 6.0 A1C, IIRC. Their blood pressure, untreated before they started this diet program, was never too high - upper number in the 130s, lower number in the 80s - that, too is slowly continuing to recede - though they are still on blood pressure meds at the moment. Their overall blood fats were in the 210 range, but the "good" fats were very high, compared to the "bad" fats - per this same blood test - the doctor is scratching their head a bit over that - not a bad thing - just curiously high "good" fats.

Acquaintance feels very good, overall, and says they feel "life" flowing back into their body - likely because the sugars are coming under control after a couple of decades of being too high.

intothegoodnight

Quote Originally Posted by Scotto View Post
    I was type 2 diabetic for 25 years. I took 2 different kinds of meds for it, but my sugars still ran high. Late last year my A1C was 11.7, and I had just started meds for high blood pressure.

So I went on the Keto diet late last year. The "Keto diet" is nothing more than a fancy name for eating healthy. I also did intermittent fasting.

Today I no longer have diabetes. My A1C is a 5, and my blood pressure is normal. I have not taken ANY diabetes meds this entire year, and I quit my blood pressure meds about 6 months ago.

Diabetes type 2 is NOT a disease - it is a symptom of bad choices with a bad diet.
    Was not diagnosed with either, but have suspected they were on the radar. I started a basic keto diet after seeing this thread and realizing how easy this diet would be for me.

At the time, I was between 215 and 220lbs. This morning I weighed 190. The suspicions I was having seem to have vanished. I think at about 185, I'll start introducing a few more carbs to stop the weight loss.

This thread did good for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BH View Post
    Was not diagnosed with either, but have suspected they were on the radar. I started a basic keto diet after seeing this thread and realizing how easy this diet would be for me.

At the time, I was between 215 and 220lbs. This morning I weighed 190. The suspicions I was having seem to have vanished. I think at about 185, I'll start introducing a few more carbs to stop the weight loss.

Congrats! That's wonderful to hear, and thanks for sharing.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I, YHWH, change not." ~ our Creator

Kriya Yogi dwelling in enchanted land of Cascadia
    I was diagnosed with severe diabetes and cancer on the same day. After a year of intense suffering and research, have eliminated the cancer (keeping it out will be a lifelong endeavor) and am reversing the diabetes.

Diabetes is a metabolic disorder stemming from fat toxicity in the cells.

Read https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0062219987/

The End of Diabetes: The Eat to Live Plan to Prevent and Reverse Diabetes by Dr Joel Fuhrman

He explains the flaws and traps in the keto diet and advocates, with scientific research backing all his assertions, a whole plant based diet.

I have lost 141 pounds so far and have 39 more to go. Now adding longer water fasting, exercise, and juicing to my protocols.

Good luck to all taking control of their own bodies and health. It can be done! Cheers for a brighter future. I came very close to dying this year, but the grace of God, all your prayers, and the ability to research and implement saved me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cascadians View Post
    I was diagnosed with severe diabetes and cancer on the same day. After a year of intense suffering and research, have eliminated the cancer (keeping it out will be a lifelong endeavor) and am reversing the diabetes.

Diabetes is a metabolic disorder stemming from fat toxicity in the cells.

Read https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0062219987/

The End of Diabetes: The Eat to Live Plan to Prevent and Reverse Diabetes by Dr Joel Fuhrman

He explains the flaws and traps in the keto diet and advocates, with scientific research backing all his assertions, a whole plant based diet.

I have lost 141 pounds so far and have 39 more to go. Now adding longer water fasting, exercise, and juicing to my protocols.

Good luck to all taking control of their own bodies and health. It can be done! Cheers for a brighter future. I came very close to dying this year, but the grace of God, all your prayers, and the ability to research and implement saved me.
    I'm so glad you're doing better.

From my reading, the one thing every cure has in common is caloric restriction. This is what Bariatric surgery does, and fasting also does this. The Keto diet has the characteristic of restricting carbs, while allowing your body to wring the fat out of your organs (via ketosis); but doesn't in itself restrict calories - yet combine it with fasting, you get calorie restriction.

A plant-based (raw food?) diet is also calorie restrictive - I know because I tried it several years ago and was perpetually starved on it. I couldn't stay on it.

Also from my reading, the role of high insulin in cancer is noteworthy. Apparently, high insulin (which promotes fat storage) increases the odds of getting cancer, also heart disease.

Again, I'm glad you're doing better.
    - Hacker

Quote Originally Posted by BH View Post

Super !!
    - Hacker

Kriya Yogi dwelling in enchanted land of Cascadia
    I'm so glad you're doing better.
    From my reading, the one thing every cure has in common is caloric restriction. This is what Bariatric surgery does, and fasting also does this. The Keto diet has the characteristic of restricting carbs, while allowing your body to wring the fat out of your organs (via ketosis); but doesn't in itself restrict calories - yet combine it with fasting, you get calorie restriction.
    A plant-based (raw food?) diet is also calorie restrictive - I know because I tried it several years ago and was perpetually starved on it. I couldn't stay on it.
    Also from my reading, the role of high insulin in cancer is noteworthy. Apparently, high insulin (which promotes fat storage) increases the odds of getting cancer, also heart disease.
    Again, I'm glad you're doing better.
    Thanks! I'm lucky in a weird way: chemo destroyed my previously ravenous appetite. So no longer hungry. Have been diligent about intermittent fasting for over a year. Don't eat between 2/p and 7/a, generally. So yes calories greatly reduced but not hungry. Plant based, lots of raw but includes cooked, but no sugar, oils, processed anything. Almost everything I eat is anti-cancer. I've been gradually adding back carbs like cooked beans, lentils, rice etc. after no carbs for a year.

I have a Dexcom G6 -- continuous glucose monitor -- which has vastly helped me see always in real time exactly what my blood sugar is. Therefore can see how everything affects it, which foods, how prepared, exercise, fasting, water, juice, you name it.

Diabetes goes directly to cancer. If the pancreas is not producing insulin correctly, and if one's insulin sensitivity is compromised, that's a direct invitation for cancer to run amuck.

Yes high insulin is a disaster. So is too much fat in the organs and muscles. Humanimals are animals, meant to move, not gorge, fast, and be healthy and active.

Modern life is so artificial and abnormal that is very easy to get sucked into living unhealthfully.

Prayers for all going through health challenges. You can get better and enjoy life again!

Ortho appt is Oct 9.

Home A1c tests are available over the counter at most drug stores
    “I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.”
    D. H. Lawrence

Showed this to my wife after telling me about her friend with this problem, so she is looking into this and advising a few others and see where this go's