Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

CHAT Confidential to my latenight mailer:
+ Reply to Thread

Confidential to my latenight mailer:

Thank you.

Feel free to lock this and return to your ringside seat for the intro to Gotterdamerung.
    Last edited by night driver; 09-20-2019 at 01:30 PM.

This makes a lot more sense than “Islam is right about women”
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    It’s a real pisser when your belief system gets T-boned by reality.
    I’m not afraid of dying...I just don’t want to be there!
    ...sell your cloak, and buy a sword...Second Amendment 1.0

Maybe I should have helped myself to yer scotch bEfore returning it...then perhaps this thread\post\day\country\world would make some semblance of sense?!

Pet peeve :. People who ask what when it clearly doesn't concern em. I don't wanna be petted nor peeved. :O
    Thoughts are things. Thus I'm careful of the thoughts I think, & the company I keep.

. TB2K IS never down, thank heavens! But, when it is, you can find me in the corner of this round room, watching the world wander by. Stop in and say HI. I miss ya already. No excuses! Bring snacks, news, music or movies for access to VIP room https://talk2metb2k.blogspot.com/

Sure wish i had some idea what you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by fish hook View Post
    Sure wish i had some idea what you are talking about.
    Take notes iffin ya can't keep up ; )
    ..,. we're talking bout not knowing what were talkin' bout!
    Thoughts are things. Thus I'm careful of the thoughts I think, & the company I keep.

. TB2K IS never down, thank heavens! But, when it is, you can find me in the corner of this round room, watching the world wander by. Stop in and say HI. I miss ya already. No excuses! Bring snacks, news, music or movies for access to VIP room https://talk2metb2k.blogspot.com/

This message, like the messenger, was deemed too short.
    . Götterdämmerung is an opera by Richard Wagner. It is the fourth and last of the cycle of operas that together tell a story called Der Ring des Nibelungen (The Ring of the Nibelung). The story continues from the end of the third opera which was called Siegfried. "Götterdämmerung" is the German name for "Ragnarök".

Götterdämmerung is the longest of the four operas. It takes about five hours to perform. It consists of a prologue and three acts. Wagner finished composing the opera in the autumn of 1874. It was first performed on 17 August 1876 as part of the complete Ring cycle
    Last edited by jward; 09-21-2019 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Really?! You have to ask? ; )

Simple. An unnamed individual SHOULD have expected a response. Since I don't have any legit way of contacting her I had to ask him to clear their PM box. And shortly thereafter Xe did what was needed. And so I thanked Xir for clearing it out.

And no, it takes more than a quick nip of Scotch, even GOOD Scotch to FORCE THIS world into making sense.

(Umm, Gotterdammerung is also a battle)

{Note: Keeping friends anon now requires SO MANY GENDERS!!!}
    Last edited by night driver; 09-20-2019 at 04:00 PM.
    RULE 1:
    THEY want you DEAD.

PERSEC OPSEC COMMSEC Live or Die by your Tradecraft.

Should I vanish, only one person here will know.

The BEST in Life:
    To CRUSH your enemies.
    To see them driven before you
    To listen to the lamentations of their women

Lol! I too do love-hate-mostly love those who write but are too full to receive your response. Xi should be punished to the fullest extent of the laws! I know, make em drink yer scotch!! :::Makes my bardou face:::

More far sense it now makes.
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    It’s a real pisser when your belief system gets T-boned by reality.
    I’m not afraid of dying...I just don’t want to be there!
    ...sell your cloak, and buy a sword...Second Amendment 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by night driver View Post
    Simple. An unnamed individual SHOULD have expected a response. Since I don't have any legit way of contacting her I had to ask him to clear their PM box. And shortly thereafter Xe did what was needed. And so I thanked Xir for clearing it out.

And no, it takes more than a quick nip of Scotch, even GOOD Scotch to FORCE THIS world into making sense.

(Umm, Gotterdammerung is also a battle)

{Note: Keeping friends anon now requires SO MANY GENDERS!!!}
    I think s/he-it works fine. Especially if you say it quickly.
    https://soundcloud.com/user-309670005
    Audio Bhagavad Gita downloadable

This knowledge is the king of education, the most secret of all secrets. It is the purest knowledge, and because it gives direct perception of the self by realization, it is the perfection of religion. It is everlasting, and it is joyfully performed.

Us double-naught spies knew what wuz going on the hole time.
    "You are allowed to be disappointed but not surprised"

Ah ha, a very refined woman I know made a nebulous comment "doing the ring" in Germany in a recent trip, now I have a better understanding of what she was saying. At the time I just ignored her comment.
    I'm off to the coast..

It takes a certain amount of dedication, patience, and an IRON BUTT to "enjoy" die niebelungenlied in one go.
    RULE 1:
    THEY want you DEAD.

PERSEC OPSEC COMMSEC Live or Die by your Tradecraft.

Should I vanish, only one person here will know.

The BEST in Life:
    To CRUSH your enemies.
    To see them driven before you
    To listen to the lamentations of their women

Quote Originally Posted by jward View Post
    Pet peeve :. People who ask what when it clearly doesn't concern em.
    Götterdämmerung is an opera by Richard Wagner. It is the fourth and last of the cycle of operas that together tell a story called Der Ring des Nibelungen (The Ring of the Nibelung). The story continues from the end of the third opera which was called Siegfried. "Götterdämmerung" is the German name for "Ragnarök".
    What?
    Deo adjuvante non timendum - With God Helping, Nothing is to be Feared
    "You are like a pit-bull..." - Dennis Olson
    "No man knows but that the last backward glance over his shoulder may be his last look, forever." - Ernie Pyle Born: 1900 KIA: 1945 Shima, Okinawa

I love Wagner’s operas.....which is the one thing I had in common with Adolph.
    What is the lake of fire? What is it's purpose? Is the lake of fire eternal hell? Is there any hope of escape for those cast into this lake?
    http://bible-truths.com/lake1.html

ok, got it. The third sunday, on the first tenth, with the last shot of tequila, wearing my black socks and tennees, I will back up to the spot, you know the spot, and I will deliver the package, intact, label out. If you do not see the rose, leave quickly.....don't look back. If you see the daisy, you know all is coming up roses. Got it. Beware the raven, or the bumble puffy thingee.

Quote Originally Posted by Double_A View Post
    Ah ha, a very refined woman I know made a nebulous comment "doing the ring" in Germany in a recent trip, now I have a better understanding of what she was saying. At the time I just ignored her comment.
    Glad I was able to help, happy to explain other confusing facets of female behavior as needed. Here's a tip, don't jjust ignore them lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    What?
    : )

Glad I was able to help, happy to explain other confusing facets of female behavior as needed. Here's a tip, don't jjust ignore them lol.

No thanks, you can keep the tip.
    I'm off to the coast..

No thanks, you can keep the tip.
    A tip? Well thanks, I think!

There was no need for your "tip" which I interpreted as snarky. I hadn't ignored my female friend, just her comment. She had immediately switched gears changing the subject to her passion, the super popular local Shakespeare festival. News media had just reported the festival was in danger of cancelling. Since its inception it had been funded by the local university, but they had just announced that it had become too expensive for the university to support by themselves. By the time we ended our conversation her comments about "doing the ring" had been forgotten until this thread was posted. In the interest of brevity, I left all of this out of my post as it was irrelevant to members here. But you took the opportunity to chastise me about ignoring women, never knowing the context.
    I'm off to the coast..

My favorite staging: 6:23 min

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeRwBiu4wfQ

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." George Orwell

I don't wanna be petted nor peeved.
    I shall avoid the first sedulously and the second with due regard.
    Better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war.

Unless she meant going to the races at the Nurburgring.
    Better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war.

Quote Originally Posted by marsh View Post
    My favorite staging: 6:23 min

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeRwBiu4wfQ

One of the hardest pieces to play in all of violin-dom! IMO.

Thanks for the memory.

There was no need for your "tip" which I interpreted as snarky. I hadn't ignored my female friend, just her comment. She had immediately switched gears changing the subject to her passion, the super popular local Shakespeare festival. News media had just reported the festival was in danger of cancelling. Since its inception it had been funded by the local university, but they had just announced that it had become too expensive for the university to support by themselves. By the time we ended our conversation her comments about "doing the ring" had been forgotten until this thread was posted. In the interest of brevity, I left all of this out of my post as it was irrelevant to members here. But you took the opportunity to chastise me about ignoring women, never knowing the context.
    Thank you for taking the time to explain yourself. It never would have occured to me that I was perceived as 'snarky'. That is the antithesis of everything i am understood to be about personally, professionally, and, I would have hoped, even here.

I thought this thread was a bunch of us being a bit silly and a bit nonsensical and playful. The S\he-it referenced in the OP had messaged me their confession, defended themselves, and in general increased my level of amusement with re: to these issues.

That was my frame of reference, mood, and what i thought was a light hearted comment made in the spirit of the larger thread. At no time, nor at any level, did I harbor any willingness to insult nor offend. Learning I could rattle around these virtual halls for years, and that aspect of my character still not shine through clearly leaves me regretful. I likewise feel very real regret in having given offense when none was intended. I had been bottle feeding a newborn for a week+, and am tempted to cite sleep deprivation as an excuse for my sins.

But, I make no excuses for my failures, they are my own, and I own them. I also apologize for them, and hope that if we bump into one another again here, or there!, that you'll do me the great courtesy of being open to enlarging or adjusting your view of me. I am nothing but flaws, stiched together with good intentions! It even says so on my picture. However, belittling people just isn't one of them.

Jward,

Thank you for PM.

So, can we be friends?
    Last edited by Double_A; 09-22-2019 at 11:20 PM.
    I'm off to the coast..

So, can we be friends?
    Last edited by Double_A; Today
    Yes, I think that would be for the best. : )
    Last edited by jward; 09-22-2019 at 11:28 PM.

. Götterdämmerung is an opera by Richard Wagner. It is the fourth and last of the cycle of operas that together tell a story called Der Ring des Nibelungen (The Ring of the Nibelung). The story continues from the end of the third opera which was called Siegfried. "Götterdämmerung" is the German name for "Ragnarök".

Götterdämmerung is the longest of the four operas. It takes about five hours to perform. It consists of a prologue and three acts. Wagner finished composing the opera in the autumn of 1874. It was first performed on 17 August 1876 as part of the complete Ring cycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Hfcomms View Post
    I love Wagner’s operas.....which is the one thing I had in common with Adolph.

Being of Germanic heritage, I own two copies of the opera that are 100+ years old, each. One in German, one in English...

My inquiry was in jest because of my User Name.

;P
    Deo adjuvante non timendum - With God Helping, Nothing is to be Feared
    "You are like a pit-bull..." - Dennis Olson
    "No man knows but that the last backward glance over his shoulder may be his last look, forever." - Ernie Pyle Born: 1900 KIA: 1945 Shima, Okinawa

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    Being of Germanic heritage, I own two copies of the opera that are 100+ years old, each. One in German, one in English...

My inquiry was in jest because of my User Name.

;P
    I knew that. Well, the part about why you said "what" lol. Would have guessed some scotts\irish given your appearance.
    Tis a lovely Opera, and a cool piece of history to have.