Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

  If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **



*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or


Quilting VIDEO: Hexagon Paper Piecing
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    44,239

    VIDEO: Hexagon Paper Piecing



    RT 7:08

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq5xq...AV1xHmdL1jOfm4

    Meet The Artist' | Kate Aimson | Textile Artist

    Textile Artist, Kate Aimson, chats about her love of Hexagons & English Paper Piecing and explains the thought process & inspiration behind her exhibition pieces in the Festival of Quilts 2019. * Kate Aimson: http://www.kateaimson.com/About.htm
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    44,239
    I'm hoping Melodi pops in onto this thread and can tell us more about the two authors of children's folklore and fairy tales are and possibly the titles of the books?
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

  3. #3
    What beautiful work! Loved her scrap book, and the collaboration with the cradle.
    Isometric graph paper is in the "cart." I should consider working with a scrap book, too.

    Thanks for posting.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    44,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroe View Post
    What beautiful work! Loved her scrap book, and the collaboration with the cradle.
    Isometric graph paper is in the "cart." I should consider working with a scrap book, too.

    Thanks for posting.
    I keep scrap books, I make mine, they eventually become works of art on their own.
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    44,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroe View Post
    What beautiful work! Loved her scrap book, and the collaboration with the cradle.
    Isometric graph paper is in the "cart." I should consider working with a scrap book, too.

    Thanks for posting.
    I forgot to tell you that Joanns sells a hexie punch in three sizes.
    https://www.joann.com/search?q=hexagon+punch

    You could probably order from Amazon if you don't have a Joanns or Hobby Lobby close enough to make it worth the trip. A friend told me about it yesterday, I lost my hexies, the 1 inch ones.
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by packyderms_wife View Post
    I forgot to tell you that Joanns sells a hexie punch in three sizes.
    https://www.joann.com/search?q=hexagon+punch

    You could probably order from Amazon if you don't have a Joanns or Hobby Lobby close enough to make it worth the trip. A friend told me about it yesterday, I lost my hexies, the 1 inch ones.
    Thanks. I've considered thse, and prefer them over anything electronic and more expensive right now. I broke open the new pack of 1/2" hexies, and made a few up. For that size, the lighter weight cardstock on the PaperPieces brand is actually ok, and these are cut better than the diamonds. Nice way to use up tiny fabric scraps. By chance, I ended up with a dozen plus scattered over some dark green fabric. That really set off all the pretty prints and colors. Happenstance ephemeral art. No plans yet to use them in a finished project.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    44,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroe View Post
    Thanks. I've considered thse, and prefer them over anything electronic and more expensive right now. I broke open the new pack of 1/2" hexies, and made a few up. For that size, the lighter weight cardstock on the PaperPieces brand is actually ok, and these are cut better than the diamonds. Nice way to use up tiny fabric scraps. By chance, I ended up with a dozen plus scattered over some dark green fabric. That really set off all the pretty prints and colors. Happenstance ephemeral art. No plans yet to use them in a finished project.
    I plan to buy the punch this weekend. Some people can't handle the punches because they are quite stiff, hence the reason I suggested something electronic.
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


NOTICE: Timebomb2000 is an Internet forum for discussion of world events and personal disaster preparation. Membership is by request only. The opinions posted do not necessarily represent those of TB2K Incorporated (the owner of this website), the staff or site host. Responsibility for the content of all posts rests solely with the Member making them. Neither TB2K Inc, the Staff nor the site host shall be liable for any content.

All original member content posted on this forum becomes the property of TB2K Inc. for archival and display purposes on the Timebomb2000 website venue. Said content may be removed or edited at staff discretion. The original authors retain all rights to their material outside of the Timebomb2000.com website venue. Publication of any original material from Timebomb2000.com on other websites or venues without permission from TB2K Inc. or the original author is expressly forbidden.



"Timebomb2000", "TB2K" and "Watching the World Tick Away" are Service Mark℠ TB2K, Inc. All Rights Reserved.