Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

INSANITY San Francisco’s least expensive home still costs $600G
+ Reply to Thread

4 San Francisco’s least expensive home still costs $600G

https://www.foxnews.com/real-estate/...ill-costs-600g

San Francisco’s least expensive home still costs $600G
    By Alexandra Deabler | Fox News

If a one-bedroom, one-bath cottage with no garage or backyard priced at over half-a-million dollars sounds like your cup of tea, then get our your checkbook.

A 570-square-foot one-bedroom, one-bath property is on the market for $599,000 in San Francisco’s Glen Park neighborhood.

According to SF Gate, the home was originally listed in March for $675,000, but after months without an interested buyer, the agent took it off the market in August.

Now the residential property at 17 Laidley St., which recently had its kitchen and bathroom remodeled, is once again for sale at a lowered $599,000 price tag.

"We've been getting all kinds of activity. I'm getting calls from people down south and they're saying hey, I can get a house in SF for $599,000 I want it now. Some people are saying I don't even know what I'd do with it yet, but I want it,” listing agent Jeff Appenrodt with Laurel Realty told SF Gate.

The abode is considered a bargain given that the median price of homes--including condos --in the nine-county Bay Area was a cool $815,000 this summer, according to the San Francisco Chronicle, which cited a report by CoreLogic.

In San Francisco, specifically, the median was $1.35 million.

Though there seems to be renewed interest in the “cheap” property, the home will never be as big as its mini-mansion neighbors, since the lot it sits on is only 614 square feet.

However, Appenrodt tells SF Gate the pint-sized home has a basement and attic that could potentially add more square footage if finished.
    If at first you don't secede, try, try again!

Sort of the modern version of the Dutch Tulip Mania.

RR
    Survival and Austere Medicine: An Introduction - 2nd and 3rd Editions Contributing author and editor

Get your FREE copy of the 3rd edition here:NNPG Download Site

Reddit AustereMedicine/

Was visiting Grandma over the weekend, like usual, and she's watching some show on Home and Garden Network. People looking for houses. They're casually tossing around numbers that dwarf my property values five-fold, and for a whole lot less than I get here. Home prices are CRAZY, if you want to live in some urban death maze. Why people pay fortunes to live cheek-and-jowl with everyone else is beyond me. Sure, some of the restaurants are pretty awesome but I can't see it being worthwhile. I'll drive an hour for dinner if needs be so I can come back home to my middle-of-nowhere house in the country.

That little house looks like a dump! And the lot is so small -- I suppose someone could tear it down and build something with two or three stories, to get more square-footage. But still...the location is horrible. We've got a bigger house (almost twice the square footage) on a little over two and a half acres, and only paid $46,000 for it. Add another ten thousand for necessary work, and it's still under ten percent of the cost of that place, in a MUCH nicer location!

Kathleen
    Behold, these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him.
    Job 26:14

wickr ID freeholder45

Quote Originally Posted by Blacknarwhal View Post
    Was visiting Grandma over the weekend, like usual, and she's watching some show on Home and Garden Network. People looking for houses. They're casually tossing around numbers that dwarf my property values five-fold, and for a whole lot less than I get here. Home prices are CRAZY, if you want to live in some urban death maze. Why people pay fortunes to live cheek-and-jowl with everyone else is beyond me. Sure, some of the restaurants are pretty awesome but I can't see it being worthwhile. I'll drive an hour for dinner if needs be so I can come back home to my middle-of-nowhere house in the country.
    There's no rhyme or reason to property prices sometimes. I was watching Flipping Boston and they were buying houses on the ocean for $257K and then flipping for $375K. One block in off of the ocean. And those houses they were buying and flipping you couldn't touch here in central Iowa for less than $399K! And that's w/o any remodeling.
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

Hope they don't all move and come to Colorado.
    "Apres la Guerre."

location location location.................that piece of junk is worth nothing in the Carolinas.......

Quote Originally Posted by PghPanther View Post
    location location location.................that piece of junk is worth nothing in the Carolinas.......
    We let the fire dept practice on things of this nature.
    Recently a friend told me I am delusional, I almost fell off my Unicorn!

Quote Originally Posted by PghPanther View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pauldingbabe View Post
    We let the fire dept practice on things of this nature.
    Yes and no in central Iowa. It’ll either sell for hundreds of thousands or be condemned and used as fire rescue training.
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

You would be amazed at the number of houses just falling down in OK.

Small town America is fading.

600 large for THAT?

WOWWWW.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

I found a LOT of properties under 250 thou not too far from OAKLAND
    in the small towns outside the big cities.

I Just found one in Madera, CA, Address: 25645 Avenue 5 1/2
    Madera, CA 93637
    on 1.3 acres, outside of town, surrounded by dwarf fruit tree orchards,1,530 sq ft. (newer home)2br ,2ba with big double garage,(finished garage) PLUS BASEMENT, for $155 THOU ! You'd probably put <$15 Thou in repairs to it but you'd have a home that would be worth at least $250 thou minimum when you were done. (A little "sweat equity") I just noticed it has HIGHER ceilings than you usually find, which is nice in a hot area.

Here is the listing for this house: (MORE PHOTOS at this link: https://www.trulia.com/p/ca/madera/2...37--2082457668
    I can't post the photo but here is a link to it: https://static.trulia-cdn.com/pictur...000000000.webp

Home Details
    Built in 1961
    106 Days on Trulia
    4 Rooms? I count 2br, Kitchen, Liv Room, + 2 bathrooms + a basement.
    Heating: Forced Air Cooling System: Central Air Conditioning
    Floors: Hardwood
    Parking: 2 car Attached Garage
    Garage Parking Spaces: 2
    Basement
    Exterior: Stucco
    Year Updated: 1961
    MLS/Source ID: 524298

Here is a "screen capture" of it, It is just north of the San Joaquin River surrounded by cultivated fields with 2 other homes on the same section of land. :
    Attached Images
    Last edited by ainitfunny; 09-17-2019 at 05:32 AM.
    Want a NEW LIFE, to be "born again?" Your acceptance of Jesus's death for you, by proxy, on the Cross must include your understanding, consenting/ratifying that YOU AGREE that means YOU, your will, your way died. When you do, then you become "born again", a new creation, filled with His Holy Spirit, Jesus and his eternal life will dwell within you as his temple. He died for all, but not all will RATIFY His sacrifice for them.

I came here to see a $600,000 home still.

Oh well.

Previously posted, but 100% apt...

This goes to show why I believe that it should be at least usual (if not legally required) that rent for housing for their workers priced over a reasonable level (say, 1100/month for a 3 BR house, or 700/month for a 1 BR apartment) should be covered by employers, with said subsidy to continue for a year after separation. This would be a FAST way to motivate employers to either get rents lowered to something reasonable, or to relocate to cities where rents ARE reasonable.

Added: forced mass migrations such as repatriating all the post-1965 diverse immigrants, ending all welfare messily cleaning out the cities, or Black Death level plagues would work well at dropping rents lots of places too, of course...
    Proud member Alt-Right group "Scientists For Trump". (Smart Americans know he's right.)
    A man should only take a wife whose Bible includes Genesis, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Colossians, Malachi, Isaiah, Ephesians, Corinthians, Hebrews, Timothy, Titus, Proverbs, Mark, Peter & Revelation. Ecclesiastes 7:28 (NIV) tells him the odds.

Sheese...out here that would be a teardown (NY state has outlawed letting volunteer fire companies burn obsolete structures) or maybe a chicken coop. You can get a decent (structurally sound, but needs serious updating) older house in town around here for maybe $40k... on a large, tree shaded lot, besides.

$600k would buy 50 acres with a 5000 sq foot house, horse barn, cross fencing, etc...

Summerthyme

Quote Originally Posted by summerthyme View Post
    Sheese...out here that would be a teardown (NY state has outlawed letting volunteer fire companies burn obsolete structures) or maybe a chicken coop. You can get a decent (structurally sound, but needs serious updating) older house in town around here for maybe $40k... on a large, tree shaded lot, besides.

$600k would buy 50 acres with a 5000 sq foot house, horse barn, cross fencing, etc...

Summerthyme
    Wow, not in my county here in central Iowa. That might get you a half acre and a 3500 sq ft list.

Quote Originally Posted by packyderms_wife View Post
    Wow, not in my county here in central Iowa. That might get you a half acre and a 3500 sq ft list.
    Why in the world would property be so expensive there? In NW FL, I don't think you'd pay over 2/3 as much, and that's in a town with multiple military bases and significant tourism (if not much manufacturing).
    Proud member Alt-Right group "Scientists For Trump". (Smart Americans know he's right.)
    A man should only take a wife whose Bible includes Genesis, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Colossians, Malachi, Isaiah, Ephesians, Corinthians, Hebrews, Timothy, Titus, Proverbs, Mark, Peter & Revelation. Ecclesiastes 7:28 (NIV) tells him the odds.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...903441&view=qv

This is the least expensive house available right now in my area -- the house is more than twice the size of the one in SF, it appears to be in a lot better condition, and it's on half an acre of land. (And yes, there are jobs available in this area!)

I found one for just under $600,000 --- looks like a mansion, and it's on 15 rural acres of very pretty land.

Kathleen
    Behold, these are the mere edges of His ways, and how small a whisper we hear of Him.
    Job 26:14

wickr ID freeholder45

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaSmith View Post
    Why in the world would property be so expensive there? In NW FL, I don't think you'd pay over 2/3 as much.
    China has been quietly buying up all of the land here in Iowa... that's why! I was hoping to buy fifty acres northwest of here by about 30 miles it went for $75K per acre. It was a chinese company that bought the land.