Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

INTL Robert Mugabe, ex-leader of Zimbabwe, dead at 95
+ Reply to Thread

2 Robert Mugabe, ex-leader of Zimbabwe, dead at 95

https://nypost.com/2019/09/06/robert...we-dead-at-95/

Robert Mugabe, ex-leader of Zimbabwe, dead at 95

By Associated Press
    September 6, 2019 | 1:22am

Robert Mugabe as seen in 2008.

Robert Mugabe, the longtime leader of Zimbabwe who was forced to resign in 2017 after a military takeover, has died.

His successor Emmerson Mnangagwa confirmed Mugabe’s death in a tweet Friday, mourning him as an “icon of liberation.”

Mugabe was a former guerrilla chief who took power after the end of white minority rule in 1980 and presided over a country whose early promise was eroded by economic turmoil and human rights violations.

While Mugabe blamed Zimbabwe’s economic problems on Western sanctions and once said he wanted to rule for life, growing discontent about the country’s leadership prompted a military intervention, impeachment proceedings and large street demonstrations.

On Feb. 21, 2018, Mugabe marked his first birthday since his resignation in near solitude, far from the lavish affair of past years.
    "Walk toward the fire. Don't worry about what they call you." - Andrew Breitbart

FRANCE 24 English Retweeted

François Picard
    @FrancoisF24
    ·
    1h
    Liberation hero, tyrant... The many lives of #RobertMugabe impacted the destiny of a nation and a continent. Back in 2015 in Abuja at the inauguration of Nigerian counterpart Muhammadu Buhari, he certainly retained a determined spring in his step #Zimbabwe #WorldThisWeek #F24
    Thoughts are things. Thus I'm careful of the thoughts I think, & the company I keep.
    I myself am entirely made of flaws, stiched together with good intentions.
    MOON™~> all in the ignorant opinion of an uneducated slip of a woman who keeps forgetting to mind her manners, know her place and bow down to her betters

Reuters
    FRI SEP 6, 2019 / 2:36 AM EDT
    Timeline: A look at the life of Zimbabwe's late president Robert Mugabe

FILE PHOTO: President Robert Mugabe and new wife Grace leave the Kutama Catholic Church in Zimbabwe August 17, 1996 after exchanging their wedding vows.
    REUTERS/HOWARD BURDITT/FILE PHOTO

FILE PHOTO: Zimbabwe President Robert Mugabe is kissed by his wife Grace at his 80th birthday party in his home area of Zvimba, west of Harare February 21, 2004.
    REUTERS/HOWARD BURDITT/FILE PHOTO
    (Reuters) - Following are key milestones in the life of Zimbabwe's former leader Robert Mugabe.

1924 - Mugabe is born on Feb. 21 in what was then British-ruled Southern Rhodesia.

1940s-1950s - He is educated at Catholic schools and attends South Africa's University of Fort Hare. He teaches in Zambia and Ghana, where he is influenced by African independence movement leaders.

ADVERTISEMENT

1960s - Mugabe campaigns for Zimbabwe's independence and is imprisoned in 1964 for political agitation. While incarcerated, he earns two law degrees from the University of London External Programme.

1974 - Released from prison, he escapes to Mozambique were Zimbabwe African National Union guerrilla fighters elect him to lead their struggle against white minority rule. A number of rivals die in suspicious circumstances, rights groups say.

1980 - Mugabe's ZANU-PF party wins independent Zimbabwe's first election. He takes office as prime minister on April 18.

1982 - Mugabe deploys North Korean-trained troops to crush an insurgency by former guerrillas loyal to his liberation war rival Joshua Nkomo. Government forces are accused of involvement in the killing of 20,000 civilians, which Mugabe denies.

1987 - He becomes president with sweeping executive powers after changes to the constitution and signs a unity pact with Nkomo, who becomes one of his two deputies.

1990 - ZANU-PF and Mugabe win parliamentary and presidential elections.

ADVERTISEMENT

1998 - An economic crisis marked by high interest rates and inflation sparks riots.

2000 - Zimbabweans reject a new constitution in a referendum, Mugabe's first defeat at the ballot box.

- Thousands of independence war veterans and their allies, backed by the government, seize white-owned farms, saying the land was illegally appropriated by white settlers.

2001 - The United States puts a financial freeze on Mugabe's government in response to land seizures, beginning a wave of Western sanctions. Mugabe's relationship with the West, especially the U.S. and Britain, never recovers.

2002 - Mugabe wins a disputed presidential vote, which observers condemn as flawed.

- Zimbabwe is suspended from the British Commonwealth over accusations of human rights abuses and economic mismanagement. Mugabe pulls his country from the grouping the following year.

ADVERTISEMENT

2008 - Hyperinflation reaches 500 billion percent, the nadir of an economic implosion that forces millions of people to leave the country, many to neighboring South Africa.

- Mugabe loses a presidential vote but wins the run-off after opponent Morgan Tsvangirai withdraws citing violence against his supporters by security forces and war veterans. A power-sharing agreement is signed.

2010 - Media reports say Mugabe is seriously ill with cancer, speculation that continues in following years.

2013 - Mugabe wins another disputed presidential vote. Western observers site multiple accounts of electoral fraud.

2016 - Protesters led by a pastor stage the biggest show of defiance against Mugabe in a decade, prompting speculation about life after the veteran leader.

2017 - Mugabe is forced to resign in November following an army coup and is replaced by Emmerson Mnangagwa, the man he had fired as his deputy two weeks earlier.

ADVERTISEMENT

2018 - Mugabe is seen in public for the first time since leaving power. He berates his former ZANU-PF allies and backs opposition leader Nelson Chamisa on the eve of an election.

2019 - Mugabe travels several times to Singapore to seek medical treatment as pictures of the gaunt, gray-haired former leader circulate on social media.

(Compiled by MacDonald Dzirutwe, Joe Brock and Alexandra Zavis; editing by Darren Schuettler)

Our standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.
    MORE FROM REUTERS
    Robert Mugabe, liberation 'colossus' who crushed foes as Zimbabwe unraveled, dead at 95
    8m ago
    Hong Kong leader says bill withdrawal a first step as city braces for weekend protests
    34m ago
    Exclusive: U.S. congressional probe finds possible lapses in Deutsche Bank controls - sources
    1h ago
    Apps Newsletters Advertise with Us Advertising Guidelines Cookies Terms of Use Privacy

All quotes delayed a minimum of 15 minutes. See here for a complete list of exchanges and delays.

© 2018Reuters. All Rights Reserved.
    Attached Images
    Thoughts are things. Thus I'm careful of the thoughts I think, & the company I keep.
    MOON™~> all in the ignorant opinion of an uneducated slip of a woman who keeps forgetting to mind her manners, know her place and bow down to her betters

Thank you, Lord! Enjoy the BBQ, Mugabe. What's that? Turn the flames down lower? Sorry, we don't do that here.

Best regards
    Doc

BooHooHoo. Oh well, another grave to piss on.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."

Good, burn baby burn..

Murderous thug who is, only now, getting his due!

Took long enough....

Nobody gets out alive.

The fires of Hell burn a little brighter today.
    "You never had the things you thought you should have had and you'll not get them now..."

Justice comes for everyone.
    "When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law." ~ Frederic Bastiilt

"Duty is ours; results are God's."

Quote Originally Posted by SSTemplar View Post
    Justice comes for everyone.
    Thank God for the blood of Christ

U.S. Embassy Harare

@usembassyharare

The United States extends its condolences to the Mugabe family and the people of Zimbabwe as they mourn the passing of former President Robert Mugabe. We join the world in reflecting on his legacy in securing Zimbabwe’s independence.

Well isn't that a shame, so many more need to join him.

Couldn't happen to a nicer dictator/Marxist terrorist leader/mass murderer.

RR
    Survival and Austere Medicine: An Introduction - 2nd and 3rd Editions Contributing author and editor

Get your FREE copy of the 3rd edition here:NNPG Download Site

Reddit AustereMedicine/

Quote Originally Posted by jward View Post
    U.S. Embassy Harare

@usembassyharare

The United States extends its condolences to the Mugabe family and the people of Zimbabwe as they mourn the passing of former President Robert Mugabe. We join the world in reflecting on his legacy in securing Zimbabwe’s independence.
    I understand the need to be diplomatic, but such lying is unbecoming to anyone, let alone a government official. But OTOH, having been lied to for many years by government, I am not surprised.
    "Freedom is not something to be secured in any one moment of time. We must struggle to preserve it every day. And freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."
    -Ronald Reagan

Apt eulogy to Mugabe...

https://thelawdogfiles.blogspot.com/...once-said.html

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 06, 2019
    Mark Twain once said:
    "I have never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure."

"Robert Mugabe is dead.

Sod that quote for a game of soldiers.

Robert Mugabe,

You were a degenerate, fathered by a rabid cane-rat upon a syphilitic warthog; whose only genuine claim to fame is not having the common decency to catch a bullet with your face in 1975.

You took the gukurahundi, and you gave the rain blades, and hate, and fire, then you set it loose in Matebele-land. 80 000 Ndebele butchered, mostly unarmed civilians.

I hope the screams of the tortured, the wails of the dying, and the keening of the grieving families strips the flesh from your ears.

You whispered to that murderous bastard in Pyongyang, and gave him rapists, and murderers, and oath-breakers, and he sent back the Fifth Brigade, whom you set against your opponents, and journalists, and men of peace. How many thousands did the 5th drop down the mineshafts? How many were lucky to be dead before they hit bottom?

You cursed them to remain, mourned, but un-buried by their kin. I hope they drag your screaming soul into the bottomless dark.

You sent flame-throwers and guns to Chikurubi, and hours later one thousand, two hundred prisoners were slaughtered. For what?

I hope you spend eternity choking on oily smoke.

You took the bread-basket of Africa, and you starved its people -- hundreds of thousands of them -- for your own gain. Then you set bulldozers against the slums you created to "Move the rubbish", grinding the shanties and the starving under the treads.

You were less than an animal, you leprous buffoon. Your clan should cut off their genitals for the shame of having borne you, you shadowless thug.

The only grave you deserve is a septic tank, and the only respect due your remains is to be dragged out of the feculent excreta by starving hyenas years in the future, to have your empty skull repeatedly sexually violated by diseased jackals.

Burn in hell, you miserable, oath-breaking, murderous, sack of offal. I hope the dead you created pound pineapples up your arse for the rest of time."

LawDog

============================================

Discussed further here:

https://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot...e-to-undo.html
    Proud member Alt-Right group "Scientists For Trump". (Smart Americans know he's right.)
    A man should only take a wife whose Bible includes Genesis, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Colossians, Malachi, Isaiah, Ephesians, Corinthians, Hebrews, Timothy, Titus, Proverbs, Mark, Peter & Revelation. Ecclesiastes 7:28 (NIV) tells him the odds.