Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

  If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **



*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or


Food Anyone using Thrive food?
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    North Central Louisiana
    Posts
    8,884

    Anyone using Thrive food?

    I'm think about trying this instead of continuing to buy so much canned food. I know some use this for everyday food. Unfortunately not much is organic, but I could overlook that on some foods. Of course I wouldn't buy huge amounts at a time, just a few each month, they have a monthly delivery plan that gets free shipping and good discounts. They also have smaller cans which would be easier to use instead of a #10 can to help prevent spoilage.

    Judy

  2. #2
    I use it all the time and I love it.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Central Iowa
    Posts
    43,576
    What is Thrive Food?
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    North Central Louisiana
    Posts
    8,884
    Quote Originally Posted by packyderms_wife View Post
    What is Thrive Food?
    It's freeze dried prep/daily use food, comes in two size cans. Thrive Life.

    Judy

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    North Central Louisiana
    Posts
    8,884
    Quote Originally Posted by Barb View Post
    I use it all the time and I love it.
    I placed an order on Sunday and its due today. It was enough of an order to get a better price and free shipping, the monthly plan that you can cancel anytime.

    Judy

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    3,474
    Judy, can you share the link? I'd like to look into this, myself, since I've never heard of Thrive.
    Sherree

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    North Central Louisiana
    Posts
    8,884
    https://www.thrivelife.com/all-products/proteins.html

    My order came and I'm amazed. If you order $99 worth you get free shipping and a 10% discount. You have to sign up for monthly shipments, but can cancel anytime.

    There is a youtube channel called "Tinyhouse Prepper" that is a consultant and I ordered through him. The couple on this channel are the nicest folks. They explain why they use the Thrive Food and talk about the different products and what brought them to live in a tiny home. I love them.

    I opened a few of the cans I bought (they are good for a year after opening and 25 years unopened. It seems the food is non gmo and many other good things about food. The food is processed with in hours after it comes to their factory. I ordered on Sunday and it was delivered on Friday.

    I ordered green onions and they smell amazing and look beautiful. Same for chopped onions. I thought about all the wasted onions I threw away through the years from letting them rot. For some reason our garden has never done very well, except for tomatoes, but then we always over plant them.

    My canning abilities and the energy to figure out why it always fails is just about zero. So I'm looking at the Thrive Food as an alternative.

    There are two sizes of cans, gallon and quart. There is a lot of food in the quart size.

    Judy

    Judy

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    3,474
    Thanks, Judy!
    Sherree

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,399
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBreeze View Post
    Thanks, Judy!
    I've used this for years, I am also what they call a Consultant. I signed up to sell Thrive because I make a commission on my own purchases and since I was ordering it anyway I got a little back.

    They are slso the company that makes the FIFO (First In First Out) pantry shelf organizers. I'd be happy to answer any questions, even if you don't order through me.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,399
    Quote Originally Posted by nomifyle View Post
    https://www.thrivelife.com/all-products/proteins.html

    My order came and I'm amazed. If you order $99 worth you get free shipping and a 10% discount. You have to sign up for monthly shipments, but can cancel anytime.

    There is a youtube channel called "Tinyhouse Prepper" that is a consultant and I ordered through him. The couple on this channel are the nicest folks. They explain why they use the Thrive Food and talk about the different products and what brought them to live in a tiny home. I love them.

    I opened a few of the cans I bought (they are good for a year after opening and 25 years unopened. It seems the food is non gmo and many other good things about food. The food is processed with in hours after it comes to their factory. I ordered on Sunday and it was delivered on Friday.

    I ordered green onions and they smell amazing and look beautiful. Same for chopped onions. I thought about all the wasted onions I threw away through the years from letting them rot. For some reason our garden has never done very well, except for tomatoes, but then we always over plant them.

    My canning abilities and the energy to figure out why it always fails is just about zero. So I'm looking at the Thrive Food as an alternative.

    There are two sizes of cans, gallon and quart. There is a lot of food in the quart size.

    Judy

    Judy
    If you use celery you should try that. It looks and tastes so much better than the dehydrated stuff I used to get!

    Also, the yogurt is really good. I buy pantry cans and everyone in the house will walk buy and grab a handful to snack on.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    North Central Louisiana
    Posts
    8,884
    Quote Originally Posted by mom2many View Post
    I've used this for years, I am also what they call a Consultant. I signed up to sell Thrive because I make a commission on my own purchases and since I was ordering it anyway I got a little back.

    They are slso the company that makes the FIFO (First In First Out) pantry shelf organizers. I'd be happy to answer any questions, even if you don't order through me.
    I plan on ordering regularly, so if you become a consultant what do you have to do other than buying one of the kits.

    I really think using Thrive will not only keep me out of the store, but also save me money on spoiled fresh foods. I always have the best intentions but have such a hard time following through. The pigs enjoy my mistakes.

    I hate celery and any kinds of peppers.

    Judy

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,399
    Quote Originally Posted by nomifyle View Post
    I plan on ordering regularly, so if you become a consultant what do you have to do other than buying one of the kits.

    I really think using Thrive will not only keep me out of the store, but also save me money on spoiled fresh foods. I always have the best intentions but have such a hard time following through. The pigs enjoy my mistakes.

    I hate celery and any kinds of peppers.

    Judy
    Judy,

    You don't have to do anything more than that and you'll get a commission back on what you buy, I get around $15.00 a month on just my $100 purchase, it's not much but it equals to a free can of veggies or most of a can of fruits.

    If you want to sell to family or friends you can but it's not required. You also get a commission on their purchases if you do and also if any of them sign up as consultants you get a commission on their sales also.

    This is set up just like any other multi-level marketing sales group, but you honestly don't have to sell if you don't want to, as long as you get your shipment every month you get a small commission.

    I've found the squash difficult to re-hydrate, it's really good in soups but turns almost to mush. My son in law eats the asparagus straight from the can, my oldest daughter does the same with the mushrooms.

    Stay away from the ham and turkey unless you will eat a can in less than 2 weeks, because of the fat content they tend to go rancid quickly but the sausage is amazing. I've used it in pizzas, omelets, grilled cheese, eggs and sausage sandwiches. My youngest son says it tastes like cat food dry but once it's re-hydrated he loves it.

    I don't know if your Consultant shared info about our non-GMO, gluten free etc products but I can copy and paste info on that if you'd like.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,217
    I've used thrive before but in all honesty, at the rate I use dried foods in our normal food budget, it is less expensive and nutritionally sound to dry my own. Now yes, there is the LTS issues and the freeze dried stuff does look prettier, longer but I prefer drying and/or canning my own food, especially the proteins.
    Find my free fiction stories here.

    "Isnít it interesting that the same people who laugh at science fiction listen to weather forecasts and economists?Ē - Kelvin R. Throop III

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    North Central Louisiana
    Posts
    8,884
    Quote Originally Posted by mom2many View Post
    Judy,

    You don't have to do anything more than that and you'll get a commission back on what you buy, I get around $15.00 a month on just my $100 purchase, it's not much but it equals to a free can of veggies or most of a can of fruits.

    If you want to sell to family or friends you can but it's not required. You also get a commission on their purchases if you do and also if any of them sign up as consultants you get a commission on their sales also.

    This is set up just like any other multi-level marketing sales group, but you honestly don't have to sell if you don't want to, as long as you get your shipment every month you get a small commission.

    I've found the squash difficult to re-hydrate, it's really good in soups but turns almost to mush. My son in law eats the asparagus straight from the can, my oldest daughter does the same with the mushrooms.

    Stay away from the ham and turkey unless you will eat a can in less than 2 weeks, because of the fat content they tend to go rancid quickly but the sausage is amazing. I've used it in pizzas, omelets, grilled cheese, eggs and sausage sandwiches. My youngest son says it tastes like cat food dry but once it's re-hydrated he loves it.

    I don't know if your Consultant shared info about our non-GMO, gluten free etc products but I can copy and paste info on that if you'd like.
    Thank you so much for the information. My constltant has a youtube channel called "Tinyhouse Prepper" and they have shared all the nutrition information including it being non GMO. I'm not interested in selling, none of my friends or family would be interested. But good to know I can make a commission on my own food. That's amazing you can make $15 on your own order.

    They did say the thing about turkey and ham but they keep theirs in the freezer, wouldn't work if the grid went down but in the pantry size cans it could be doable. I've got sausage in my next order.

    Kathy in FL, my canning abilities are failures and at 72 I'm too tired to dehydrate foods, I've lost too much food that I bought that my intentions were to dehydrate and I never got around to much of it. So in the long run I'll save money with the freeze dried. Its only me and DH.

    Judy

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,399
    Quote Originally Posted by nomifyle View Post
    Thank you so much for the information. My constltant has a youtube channel called "Tinyhouse Prepper" and they have shared all the nutrition information including it being non GMO. I'm not interested in selling, none of my friends or family would be interested. But good to know I can make a commission on my own food. That's amazing you can make $15 on your own order.

    They did say the thing about turkey and ham but they keep theirs in the freezer, wouldn't work if the grid went down but in the pantry size cans it could be doable. I've got sausage in my next order.

    Kathy in FL, my canning abilities are failures and at 72 I'm too tired to dehydrate foods, I've lost too much food that I bought that my intentions were to dehydrate and I never got around to much of it. So in the long run I'll save money with the freeze dried. Its only me and DH.

    Judy
    Good luck! It works well for us also. My son in law works 16 hour shifts in the oil fields, we make him meals in bags and send him pantry cans so he can throw together meals while he showers.

    It also helps with my keto diet as I can make myself a meal separately from the non keto eaters without extra prep. If we have the grandkids I can throw a handful of yogurt, some fruit, raisins and granola in a container for them to snack on. Or if I'm going to be running and shopping I can throw a recipe into a thermos with boiling water, and have a healthy meal.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts


NOTICE: Timebomb2000 is an Internet forum for discussion of world events and personal disaster preparation. Membership is by request only. The opinions posted do not necessarily represent those of TB2K Incorporated (the owner of this website), the staff or site host. Responsibility for the content of all posts rests solely with the Member making them. Neither TB2K Inc, the Staff nor the site host shall be liable for any content.

All original member content posted on this forum becomes the property of TB2K Inc. for archival and display purposes on the Timebomb2000 website venue. Said content may be removed or edited at staff discretion. The original authors retain all rights to their material outside of the Timebomb2000.com website venue. Publication of any original material from Timebomb2000.com on other websites or venues without permission from TB2K Inc. or the original author is expressly forbidden.



"Timebomb2000", "TB2K" and "Watching the World Tick Away" are Service Mark℠ TB2K, Inc. All Rights Reserved.