Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

RACE Jury finds Eric Boyd guilty of grisly 2007 Knoxville murders
+ Reply to Thread

Jury finds Eric Boyd guilty of grisly 2007 Knoxville murders

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. – A Knox County jury on Tuesday declared Eric Boyd guilty in the 2007 murders of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom.

The seven-woman, five-man jury had deliberated since Monday before returning its verdict of first-degree murder in the Knox County Criminal Court trial on Tuesday afternoon.

The verdict carries an automatic life sentence for each of the two slayings. Judge Bob McGee will decide at a Sept. 18 sentencing hearing whether those two life sentences should be stacked one onto the other and what, if any, extra punishment Boyd should receive for the related crimes, including kidnapping and rape.

Boyd is the fifth defendant to stand trial in the slayings of Christian, 21, and Newsom, 23.

'We made a promise to Chris'

The Knox County couple were preparing to go on a date when they were carjacked and kidnapped and taken to the house of Lemaricus Davidson. Both were bound, gagged and blindfolded.

Newsom was raped, shot three times and his body set afire alongside nearby railroad tracks within hours of the kidnapping. Christian was held captive inside the Chipman Street house for 36 hours, repeatedly raped, forced to swallow bleach in a bid to destroy DNA evidence of those rapes and then stuffed — alive — inside a trash can in the kitchen. She slowly suffocated to death.

"We said we would not stop until Eric Boyd was prosecuted," Newsom's father, Hugh Newsom, said after the verdict. "There were times we wanted to give up ... He'll never be back on the streets of Knoxville to commit more crimes."

His wife, Mary Newsom, added, "I would never want anybody else to go through this. Twelve years ago, we made a promise to Chris that we would get whoever did this and today we got that. Justice was served."

Davidson and three others — Letalvis Cobbins, Davidson's brother; Vanessa Coleman, Cobbins' girlfriend; and George Thomas, Cobbins' friend — each admitted they were inside the Chipman Street house while the couple was being held captive but all denied any active role in the crimes.

All four were indicted in the slayings and underlying crimes, including rape and kidnapping. Davidson, Cobbins and Thomas were convicted of all crimes committed against the couple, while Coleman was acquitted of crimes involving Newsom and deemed a facilitator only in the crimes committed against Christian.

Davidson is now on death row. Cobbins is serving life without parole. Coleman is serving 35 years.

Thomas was serving a 127-year sentence in the case until he secretly agreed last year to testify against Boyd in return for a 50-year sentence. State prosecutors then sought an indictment against Boyd in the slayings. His trial began last week.

Key witness testimony

Prosecutors TaKisha Fitzgerald and Phil Morton staked their case against Boyd on testimony from three people — Adrienne Nicole Mathis, Xavier Jenkins and Thomas.

Mathis testified in Boyd's federal trial that she loaned Boyd her white Pontiac Sunbird on the weekend of the slayings. Jenkins said he saw that Sunbird outside the Chipman Street house on the night of the kidnapping, and Thomas implicated Boyd in the couple's kidnapping and Newsom's slaying.

"He provided the transportation for these other guys to steal a car," Morton told jurors in closing arguments. "Somewhere along the line, the plan changed from stealing a car to using force to steal the car ... They took not only the car but the individuals in it.

"This case comes down to choices — what choices this defendant made, what choices these other defendants made," Morton said. "(Boyd) had a choice. He could have said, 'No thanks. I don't want any part of it.' ... If you let your friends talk you into doing something, you suffer the same consequences as they do."

Boyd's attorney, Clinton Frazer, insisted in his closing arguments Monday that the couple's attackers are already in prison.

"These are the acts of Lemaricus Davidson, Letalvis Cobbins, Vanessa Coleman and George Thomas," Frazier said. "We've heard from many, many (experts). There is no physical evidence Eric Boyd raped or murdered (Christian and Newsom). The state's case is a lot of speculation."

Frazier branded Thomas and Jenkins as liars. He made no mention of Mathis, though. There's good reason: Mathis had repeatedly testified in prior trials that she loaned her Sunbird to Boyd. But when called to testify against Boyd last week, Mathis said she didn't remember.

Her claim of memory loss left prosecutors Fitzgerald and Morton with nothing tying Boyd to the Sunbird. But Judge Bob McGee later ruled the prosecutors could use Mathis' previous testimony in the federal trial as evidence in the slaying case.

Despite his plea deal, Thomas kept mum about many details of the crimes.

He claimed he didn't see anyone rape Newsom or Christian. He claimed he only saw the "muzzle flashes" from the gun used to kill Newsom and not the killing itself. He claimed he didn't see Christian being stuffed into the trash can or Newsom's body being set afire.

But Fitzgerald told jurors in closing arguments the details don't matter.

"Mr. Boyd was a part of it," she said. "I don't care whose penis was in Ms. Christian. I don't care whose penis was in Chris. They're all responsible."

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/...ty/1991231001/
    "Property must be sacred or liberty cannot exist"

All involved should have been put to death slowly and painfully.

Best
    Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Doc1 View Post

Best
    Doc
    Agreed and that it has taken this long to get to this point is almost criminal.

Newsom was raped, shot three times and his body set afire alongside nearby railroad tracks within hours of the kidnapping. Christian was held captive inside the Chipman Street house for 36 hours, repeatedly raped, forced to swallow bleach in a bid to destroy DNA evidence of those rapes and then stuffed — alive — inside a trash can in the kitchen. She slowly suffocated to death.
    So is this a hate crime or a love crime? It's almost become cliché to say this but can you imagine, seriously...c-a-n you imagine? Thinking about the severity and total depravity of this particular crime. Can you imagine if this happened to a black couple by a gang of whites in todays USA?

Best
    Doc
    Public hanging should be reinstituted for it would show these convicited POS and other POS that their death by their necks breaking or by strangulation would be seen by the world with them dangling on the end of the rope....

The tickets could be sold to for the position for each hanging.... This could pay for all of the convicted POS's trial and provide funds to the aggrieved....

Texican....

All negros are evil and hate whites

Quote Originally Posted by pete5555 View Post
    Sigh....rather a broad brush there, isn't it?

Summerthyme

TWELVE YEARS! Bet they all appeal on failure to have a speedy and public trial. Whatever kind of deals they made, however it happened, it is a travesty for twelve years to pass before trial. Maybe the state can have Epstein's guards on watch for them while the appeal goes on.

Well, I have to say it’s about time! This took entirely too long and all four defendants should be put to death. I’d say it’s a hate crime. And those poor parents having to hear what was done to their children all over again due to the original judge having a drug problem....the entire thing was a travesty! I heard an interview of Channon’s dad back after the first trial. It was heartbreaking.

Dat be racisis.........................but 100% correct :]

What took so long?
    All involved should have been hung - 12 years ago.

I imagine there will be a penis in Mr. Boyd shortly.

"progressives" - progressively destroying America for decades.

During a radio interview, Father Malachi Martin once mentioned that Knoxville had an unusually large number of demonic possessions.
    "Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like bananas." -- Groucho Marx

Longer, more thorough treatment of the original atrocities...

A bit graphic as well as long, else I'd post it all here.
    The author has something like 5 million words published, so he's up there with Mark Steyn (if less wealthy).

BTW, Channon Christian was a virgin when kidnapped, tortured and raped in every conceivable way (DNA evidence proved the latter) over 4 days by a group of 5+ blacks that included two women, breasts hacked off with knives, bleach poured down her throat while conscious, and finally slowly suffocated upside down inside a yard bag dumped into a municipal trash can.

Christopher Newsome was anally raped, penis cut off while alive, shot repeatedly, set on fire, and dumped by railroad tracks.

https://www.amren.com/ar/2007/07/index.html

By Nicholas Stix, July 2007

Last edited by MinnesotaSmith; 08-16-2019 at 04:07 AM.
    Proud member Alt-Right group "Scientists For Trump". (Smart Americans know he's right.)
    A man should only take a wife whose Bible includes Genesis, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Colossians, Malachi, Isaiah, Ephesians, Corinthians, Hebrews, Timothy, Titus, Proverbs, Mark, Peter & Revelation. Ecclesiastes 7:28 (NIV) tells him the odds.

Why has it taken so long that was 12 years ago?

This one was on info found later I believe.

The original ones were tried. And I think retried cause judge used drugs or something.

Girl was found with diary of events with times noted, she got charged.

I believe this trial is based off that info in the diary.
    working on unplugging.

Best
    Doc
    With apologies in advance to the closet leftists, virtue signallers, and the perpetually offended on TB2K...

YES
    "How could it have come to this.. an army of rabble... [spit]PEASANTS[/spit]... everything WILL change -- everything HAS changed - England's "General Cornwallis" - from "The Patriot"

Quote Originally Posted by summerthyme View Post
    Sigh....rather a broad brush there, isn't it?

Summerthyme
    Just imagine the furor and uproar if 5 or 6 white hillbillies had done these evil things to a black co Ed couple.....it would be front and center everywhere’s

Quote Originally Posted by Fenwick Babbitt View Post
    Just imagine the furor and uproar if 5 or 6 white hillbillies had done these evil things to a black co Ed couple.....it would be front and center everywhere’s
    Oh, absolutely. I'm completely aware of the propensity towards lawbreaking and violence by a large percentage of blacks. But I've also run into (and in a couple cases, known, including a local pastor and his delightful family, who would give the shirt off their backs to anyone in need, regardless of color) many decent black individuals who are as appalled as we are at what "black culture" has become in this country.

"ALL" blacks are not evil any more than all whites are hard working, law abiding citizens.

Summerthyme

Quote Originally Posted by summerthyme View Post
    Oh, absolutely. I'm completely aware of the propensity towards lawbreaking and violence by a large percentage of blacks. But I've also run into (and in a couple cases, known, including a local pastor and his delightful family, who would give the shirt off their backs to anyone in need, regardless of color) many decent black individuals who are as appalled as we are at what "black culture" has become in this country.

"ALL" blacks are not evil any more than all whites are hard working, law abiding citizens.

Summerthyme
    There are absolutely decent blacks, I know several, the problem is most are older and were raised to a much higher standard, the current black culture and the vast vast majority of blacks under the age of 50 are completely worthless, dangerous and extremely racist toward white's simply because of their skin color, I avoid all younger blacks like the plague.

Quote Originally Posted by biere View Post
    This one was on info found later I believe.

The original ones were tried. And I think retried cause judge used drugs or something.
    That's my recollection.
    Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote. - William E. Simon

There was an all but media blackout when news of this crime was originally reported. Really had to be motivated to find information on it.
    Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote. - William E. Simon

I think the news sucks. Common for something local like this to just be in local news and it was in local news. Past discussions have bought up similar crimes across the country not making national news.

Why people even bother with the idiot box news is beyond me anymore.

I won't call this a news blackout cause that would mean it got special attention to be ignored. This is business as usual blackout, they don't want folks to realize what goes on in the real world. They need the middle class in the burbs going to work and paying their taxes so the parasites can continue living off the host.
    working on unplugging.

I remember when this happened and it's a travesty of justice that it has taken this long to conclude the trials. Each one of the perpetrators should be hung from a giant oak or better yet give them to one of the parents of the victims. If it were my child they'd tortured, they'd pray for a quick death before I was done with them....

Absolutely untrue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    Absolutely untrue.
    Yup. I've worked with WAy too many who were WAY more decent than I who would stand up for you if needed. And we're NOT talking the educated creme de la creme, either.
    RULE 1:
    THEY want you DEAD.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my brothers' children (and their parents) may have peace, and have NO KNOWLEDGE of what I have done."

The BEST in Life:
    To CRUSH your enemies.
    To see them driven before you
    To listen to the lamentations of their women

My best friend down here (and perhaps these days my best friend period) is a black guy. Anyone would be proud to have him as a friend and neighbor. He earns about $90,000 a year, and doesn’t even sell crack! (Lawdy lawdy lawd!!)

Dat be racisis.........................but 100% correct :]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    Absolutely untrue.
    Nice accurate summation Dennis!

Their conclusions are absolutely false!

There are many that are true salt of the earth types who would give you the shirt off their backs if you so much as voiced the need!

I have been blessed to know many!
    Last edited by RB Martin; 08-17-2019 at 03:01 PM. Reason: clarity