Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

BRKG Dale Earnhardt Jr., family hospitalized after small plane crash in Tennessee, sister says
+ Reply to Thread

Dale Earnhardt Jr., family hospitalized after small plane crash in Tennessee, sister says

Dale Earnhardt Jr., family hospitalized after small plane crash in Tennessee, sister says
    Talia Kaplan1 hour ago

NASCAR star Dale Earnhardt Jr., his wife and daughter were hospitalized after a small plane crash in Tennessee on Thursday, his sister said.

“I can confirm Dale, Amy & Isla along with his two pilots were involved in a crash in Bristol TN this afternoon. Everyone is safe and has been taken to the hospital for further evaluation. We have no further information at this time. Thank you for your understanding,” Kelley Earnhardt wrote in a tweet. Amy is Dale's wife, and Isla is their 1-year-old daughter.

Fox News also has learned the plane involved in the crash is registered to Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s race team, JR Motorsports, and crashed near Elizabethton Municipal Airport, which is in Carter County, Tennessee. Elizabethton is about 20 minutes from Johnson City, Tenn.

The plane ran off the end of the runway and caught fire around 3:38 p.m., according to the Carter County Sheriff's Office.

The pilot, co-pilot, Earnhardt, his wife, their daughter and the family dog were on board when the plane crashed, Sheriff Dexter Lunsford said.

Earnhardt Jr. has been transported to the hospital for minor injuries, the public information officer with The Carter County Sheriff's Office told Fox News. He added everyone on the plane survived the crash. The extent of their injuries was not immediately known.

Earnhardt Jr., who retired from racing full-time in 2017, also has been an analyst for NASCAR on NBC.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.

Talia Kaplan is a reporter for FoxNews.com. Follow her on Twitter @taliakaplan

https://www.foxnews.com/auto/dale-ea...e-crash-nascar

I don't give a flip about NASCAR, but I'm glad everyone is OK.

From the picture I saw on drudge, it looks like a Cessna Citation Latitude CE-680A, it’s their new jet which is just an upgraded Citation Sovereign CE-680. I’ve worked on these and can say they are very nice little mid-size corporate jets, he must be making some good money to be flying around in one of those. Glad everyone was ok, once they catch fire they become death traps.

https://fox4kc.com/2019/08/15/dale-e...-in-tennessee/

POSTED 3:36 PM, AUGUST 15, 2019, BY TRIBUNE MEDIA WIRE, UPDATED AT 03:52PM, AUGUST 15, 2019

ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. — Retired NASCAR driver and sports broadcaster Dale Earnhardt Jr., his wife Amy and their child were on a plane that crashed in Tennessee on Thursday afternoon, according to Mike Davis, with JR Motorsports.

Earnhardt Jr.'s sister, Kelley Earnhardt Miller, tweeted that Dale and family are all safe but were taken to the hospital for an evaluation.

"I can confirm Dale, Amy & Isla along with his two pilots were involved in a crash in Bristol TN this afternoon. Everyone is safe and has been taken to the hospital for further evaluation. We have no further information at this time. Thank you for your understanding."

Airport Manager Dan Cogan told WJHL the private plane ran off the end of the runway at Elizabethton Airport and caught fire.

Davis said everyone on the plane, including two pilots, are expected to be OK.

Kelley Earnhardt

@EarnhardtKelley
    I can confirm Dale, Amy & Isla along with his two pilots were involved in a crash in Bristol TN this afternoon. Everyone is safe and has been taken to the hospital for further evaluation. We have no further information at this time. Thank you for your understanding.

3:42 PM - Aug 15, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    9,212 people are talking about this

WLOS

@WLOS_13
    JUST IN: Video footage from the scene of a plane crash in Tennessee. Dale Earnhardt Jr. and his wife Amy were on board, according to ABC affiliate WJHL http://bit.ly/2MkJv2e

Embedded video
    3:44 PM - Aug 15, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    203 people are talking about this
    Thoughts are things. Thus I'm careful of the thoughts I think, & the company I keep.
    I myself am entirely made of flaws, stiched together with good intentions.
    MOON™~> all in the ignorant opinion of an uneducated slip of a woman who keeps forgetting to mind her manners, know her place and bow down to her betters

When I was in Kannapolis, NC my nephew showed me Dale Sr's original homestead. My nephew's uncle in-law was an engineer for one of the racing teams and was able to get us into the pit at racing time to watch up close. I didn't go. Not really interested. Cars line up, they start, race like hell, turn left, turn left, turn left, turn left, lol. What's the point. But they do make some dam good BBQ
    It isn't the job of our government to take care of you, but to create and maintain the environment in which you can take care of yourself.

Wonder what happened? Aborted take off, did they over shoot the runway after landing, or a taxiing accident?

HOW IS THE DOG? People are replaceable, but pooch lives matter!
    Better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war.

GUARANTEED this is gonna be tough to read.

Summary
    2015 TEXTRON AVIATION INC 680A
    Fixed wing multi engine
    (10 seats / 2 engines)
    Owner JRM AIR LLC
    MOORESVILLE , NC, US
    Airworthiness Class Standard/Transport
    Serial Number 680A0010
    Engine P&W CANADA PW306D (Turbo-fan)
    Thrust: 5907lbs
    Weight Over 20,000lbs
    Speed Not defined
    Mode S Code 052557003 / AADE03
    RULE 1:
    THEY want you DEAD.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my brothers' children (and their parents) may have peace, and have NO KNOWLEDGE of what I have done."

The BEST in Life:
    To CRUSH your enemies.
    To see them driven before you
    To listen to the lamentations of their women

Quote Originally Posted by blackjeep View Post
    I don't give a flip about NASCAR, but I'm glad everyone is OK.
    BJ,

Mean you do not like supped up vehicles running 200+ MPH counterclockwise around an oval for hours waiting for a wreck to happen....

There are tens of millions that do....

Been to one race with a friend in a suite and toured the pits.... Pretty astounding watching all of the action....

Then we waited across the street in an office trailer while the crowds cleared out....

Watching the last few laps can be exciting as these racers jokey to cross the finish line....

My SIL and her husband and family would park their travel trailer at the race track at Fort Worth for the weekend and make a celebration out of the weekend.... Their idea of a great weekend....

Not my idea of fun, but sitting in a deer blind day after day listening to and watching the woods come alive and the sun rises and the sunsets.... You can hear the birds wings cut thru the air for it is so quiet.... Watching the deer walk across in front of you is thrilling even if you do not take a shot but screech out and watch them run and jump with their white tails in the air .... The start of one hunting outing on opening day, there was a hawk that flew up to the elevated stand I was in and floated in front of the stand displeased that I was in his nest..... Now that is living....

Texican....

Quote Originally Posted by energy_wave View Post
    When I was in Kannapolis, NC my nephew showed me Dale Sr's original homestead. My nephew's uncle in-law was an engineer for one of the racing teams and was able to get us into the pit at racing time to watch up close. I didn't go. Not really interested. Cars line up, they start, race like hell, turn left, turn left, turn left, turn left, lol. What's the point. But they do make some dam good BBQ
    Ahh.

Come on out to a toad Course and watch sometime.

VERY different thing.
    RULE 1:
    THEY want you DEAD.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my brothers' children (and their parents) may have peace, and have NO KNOWLEDGE of what I have done."

The BEST in Life:
    To CRUSH your enemies.
    To see them driven before you
    To listen to the lamentations of their women

Quote Originally Posted by night driver View Post
    Ahh.

Come on out to a toad Course and watch sometime.

VERY different thing.
    My nephew lived along side this run way in Enochville for around 8 years. I've been there many times. He sent me this video. I'm looking for a house or land in the area.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fy6oTUC49A
    It isn't the job of our government to take care of you, but to create and maintain the environment in which you can take care of yourself.

dupe
    Last edited by HighStrung; 08-16-2019 at 10:08 AM. Reason: dupe

Quote Originally Posted by samus79 View Post
    From the picture I saw on drudge, it looks like a Cessna Citation Latitude CE-680A, it’s their new jet which is just an upgraded Citation Sovereign CE-680. I’ve worked on these and can say they are very nice little mid-size corporate jets, he must be making some good money to be flying around in one of those. Glad everyone was ok, once they catch fire they become death traps.
    His net worth is about $300 million so, yeah, he can afford it.

Everyone who was on the plane needs to buy lottery tickets immediately.

Juan Brown reviews the Dale Earnhardt plane crash.

Run time 10:10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7LU9YKiA3M