Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

SNOWFLAKE Fredo Round-Up: Chris Matthews, Joy Reid, Cher, and NYT Used the Term
+ Reply to Thread

Fredo Round-Up: Chris Matthews, Joy Reid, Cher, and NYT Used the Term

Fredo Round-Up: Chris Matthews, Joy Reid, Cher, and NYT Used the Term
    Hannah Bleau
    3-3 minutes

Chris Cuomo compared the nickname “Fredo” to the “N-word” in a viral video that surfaced Monday night, showing the CNN anchor melting down after a man referred to him as such. There are numerous instances, however, of others in media, politics, and Hollywood using the term– the same term Cuomo likened to an ethnic slur.

Cuomo raged after a man referred to him as “Fredo,” threatening violence and comparing the nickname – popularized by Breitbart News’ John Nolte – to the “N-word.”

“No. Punk ass bitches on the right call me Fredo. My name is Chris Cuomo. I’m an anchor on CNN,” Cuomo said. “Fredo is from The Godfather. He was the weak brother.”

“It’s an insult to your ****ing people. It’s like the N-word for us,” Cuomo continued before threatening to throw the man down the stairs.

“I’ll ****ing ruin your shit,” Cuomo ranted. “I’ll ****ing throw you down these stairs like a ****ing punk.”

Despite Cuomo’s insistence that “Fredo” is an ethnic slur, the term has been used frequently by high profile media personalities, outlets, and figures in Hollywood.

Notably, the “offensive” term did not generate public outcry – particularly from Cuomo – when it was used in the following instances:

Chris Matthews: (tweet here)

The Hardball host has unabashedly used “Fredo” in the past, calling Donald Trump Jr. the “Fredo-like son” of the First Family: (tweet here)

That is not the only instance: (tweet here)

The “ethnic slur” has been used by numerous figures. For example:

(A bunch of tweets below - not copied - Dennis)

Joy Reid:

Cher:

JuliŠn Castro:

George Takei:

Vanity Fair:

Alec Baldwin:

Pod Save America’s Dan Pfeiffer:

TPM’s Josh Marshall:

The Boston Globe:

Beau Willimon:

Brian Koppelman:

The Atlantic:

The Atlantic’s David Frum:

Former Hillary Clinton staffer Jesse Ferguson:

CNN’s Jake Tapper:

Slate:

Ana Navarro:

Rick Wilson:

The New York Times:

A CNN spokesperson has indicated that the network “completely” supports Cuomo.

“Chris Cuomo defended himself when he was verbally attacked with the use of an ethnic slur in an orchestrated setup,” CNN’s Matt Dornic tweeted Monday evening. “We completely support him”:

He also seemed to double down on Cuomo’s newfound position of categorizing “Fredo” as an ethnic slur, comparing it to Polish slurs.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ffensive-term/

At least the Polish are smart enough to ban Muslim immigrants.
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Itís a real pisser when your belief system gets T-boned by reality.
    Iím not afraid of dying...I just donít want to be there!
    ...sell your cloak, and buy a sword...Second Amendment 1.0

The mob is alive and well, and ain't all Italian.
    https://safeg.net/home A Safe Alternative to Harmful 5G Wireless

Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
    18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

He didn't say he was an anchor on CNN, he said that he was an actor on CNN.

Trending #1 on Urban Dictionary ATM....

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fredo

Trending RN - August 13, 2019

1. fredo
    2. two hand twist wombo combo
    3. teddy boy
    4. hix
    5. Cooing
    6. call out of name
    7. 08/15
    8. cannoli
    9. dote girl
    10. alabama hot pocket
    III

Keep ignoring my rights and I'll keep ignoring your laws.

Italian is not an ethnicity, it's a nationality.