Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

INTL Former German General Blasts Merkel and Joins Populists
+ Reply to Thread

Former German General Blasts Merkel and Joins Populists

Former German General Blasts Merkel and Joins Populists
    Chris Tomlinson
    3-3 minutes

Former three-star general Joachim Wundrak is running for mayor of Hanover for Alternative for Germany (AfD) after expressing contempt for Chancellor Angela Merkel’s open border policies.

Wundrak, a former member of Merkel’s Christian Democratic Union (CDU) party, has accused the German leader of facilitating mass migration, which he has labelled an “anti-German” policy, Swiss newspaper Neue Zürcher Zeitung reports.

In an interview with the paper, Wundrak said that he chose to leave the CDU in 2017, saying Merkel could not recognise what she could have done differently during the height of the migrant crisis in 2015.

He said that joining the populist, anti-mas migration AfD in 2018, shortly after he retired as a general in the Luftwaffe, came at a risk, saying: “Anyone who confesses to supporting the AfD is bullied and marginalised. They also get into the focus of Antifa.”

The alt-left extremist Antifa group have repeatedly targetted AfD politicians, advocating for assassinations and even allegedly taking credit for a brutal attack on AfD politician Frank Magnitz earlier this year in Bremen.

Wundrak noted that Merkel’s CDU could lose the confidence of the German armed forces, the Bundeswehr, saying: “The AfD is the only party that fully supports the Bundeswehr.”

“The support of the AfD is likely to be even greater in police circles than among the soldiers,” he added.

“The comrades in the police experience the aberrations of German politics on the street every day. They are at the front.”

While the AfD is routinely painted as extremist by other political parties and the press, Wundrak said he had not experienced any extremism after joining and said the party platform was in line with the CDU’s platform from 2003.

On the subject of Ms Merkel, Wundrak said: “Merkel has sworn an oath to Germany, but she already has a problem talking about a German people. She prefers to speak of ‘population’. Many German politicians struggle to profess their own nation.”

“The protection of one’s own borders is no longer a priority goal. Germany is giving more and more sovereignty to the EU, the European Central Bank, to supranational organisations. I do not agree with this. The nation-state is the primary form of organisation for Germany. Where structures become too big, an undemocratic spirit quickly arises,” he added.

Follow Chris Tomlinson on Twitter at @TomlinsonCJ or email at ctomlinson(at)breitbart.com

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/201...-populist-afd/

Hummm....Tick, tick, tick....

BUT>>>

Is he a Leader of People??

3-stars doesn't impress me siince there have been a LOT of 3-stars who have never and will never be the likes of a Bradley or Doolittle, Truscott or Hal Moore (and Bradley never made it to 3-stars)
    RULE 1:
    THEY want you DEAD.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my brothers' children (and their parents) may have peace, and have NO KNOWLEDGE of what I have done."

The BEST in Life:
    To CRUSH your enemies.
    To see them driven before you
    To listen to the lamentations of their women

Quote Originally Posted by night driver View Post
    BUT>>>

3-stars doesn't impress me siince there have been a LOT of 3-stars who have never and will never be the likes of a Bradley or Doolittle, Truscott or Hal Moore (and Bradley never made it to 3-stars)
    He has a "So-So" resume. Not to shabby, not really distinctive either.

https://www.japcc.org/team/joachim-wundrak/

Born on 28 May 1955 in Buir (Kerpen)
    Graduate Engineer
    Married, -2- children

Military Career

Oct 1974 Enlistment in the Bundeswehr, basic military training; German Air Force (GAF) Training Regiment 2, Budel / Netherlands

1975 Ground defense serviceman / Air defense gunner / Section Leader, GAF Training Regiment 2, Budel / Netherlands

1975 – 1976 Officer training at the GAF Officer School, Neubiberg

1976 – 1980 Studies in Electrical Engineering; Bundeswehr University, Munich

1980 – 1982 Transport aircraft pilot training; GAF Officer School, Fürstenfeldbruck; Air Transport Wing 62, Bremen and Wunstorf

1982 – 1985 Do 28 transport aircraft pilot; Air Transport Wing 62, Wunstorf

1985 – 1986 Chief Instructor, Officers’ Course for Line Officer Candidates; GAF Officer School, Fürstenfeldbruck

1986 – 1988 Transall transport aircraft pilot; Air Transport Wing 62, Wunstorf

1988 – 1990 Participant in the 33rd General Staff Officers’ Course of the GAF; Bundeswehr Command and Staff College, Hamburg

1990 – 1992 Section Chief at the German Air Transport Command (GATCOM); GATCOM A 3a, Münster

1992 – 1994 Squadron Commander; Air Transport Wing 63, Rendsburg

1994 – 1995 Assistant Branch Chief at the Federal Ministry of Defense (FMOD); FMOD Air Staff III 3, Bonn

1996 – 1998 Executive Officer of the Chief of Staff, German Air Force; FMOD, Bonn

1998 – 2000 Commander; Air Transport Wing 62, Wunstorf

2000 – 2002 German Liaison Officer; Permanent Joint Headquarters, Northwood / United Kingdom

2002 – 2004 Branch Chief at the Federal Ministry of Defense; FMOD Air Staff III 5, Bonn

2004 – 2006 Deputy Chief of Staff at the Federal Ministry of Defense; FMOD Armed Forces Staff V, Bonn

2006 – 2008 Deputy Director European Air Group; High Wycombe / United Kingdom

2008 – 2009 01 Sep 2008 – 31 Mar 2009: Chief of Staff / Commander, German Contingent EUFOR; Sarajevo / Butmir

2009 – 2012 Deputy Commander, German Air Force Command

2011 21.02.2011 – 07.12.2011 Deputy Chief of Staff Air ISAF Joint Command; Kabul / Afghanistan

April 2012 Commander, German Air Force Air Operations Command, Kalkar / Germany (until 30.06.2013)

Commander, German Air Operations Command, Kalkar / Germany (since 01.07.2013)

Commander, Combined Air Operations Centre Uedem, Uedem / Germany (until 01.07.2016)

Executive Director, Joint Air Power Competence Centre, Kalkar / Germany
    Attached Images
    III

Keep ignoring my rights and I'll keep ignoring your laws.

NOT a shabby resume. PLUS 4 years (3 tours) in England...
    RULE 1:
    THEY want you DEAD.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my brothers' children (and their parents) may have peace, and have NO KNOWLEDGE of what I have done."

The BEST in Life:
    To CRUSH your enemies.

BUT>>>

He may not be the greatest but he appears to be on the side of the german people and not on the side of Merkel and company.

So MGGA

tbd

BUT>>>

Which Bradley???

Deo adjuvante non timendum - With God Helping, Nothing is to be Feared
    "You are like a pit-bull..." - Dennis Olson
    "No man knows but that the last backward glance over his shoulder may be his last look, forever." - Ernie Pyle Born: 1900 KIA: 1945 Shima, Okinawa

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    Which Bradley???

I should listen to my head and not my "research".
    RULE 1:
    THEY want you DEAD.

The BEST in Life:
    To CRUSH your enemies.