Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

OP-ED I can't believe what I saw. White, educated women copying African earlobe "plate jewelry" Are lips next?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I do job counseling periodically with teenagers. Gone are the days when I could just say that multiple piercings and visible tats are going to bar them from some of the better-paying careers in Des Moines (Insurance, Finance, and so on). It's still true -- but I'm limited by new policies designed to protect tender snowflake feelings.

What I'll probably do is get permission to take some photos of area workplaces that clearly show what men and women are wearing, and it's not neon-colored tank tops or visible tats. I'll let the photos do the talking.

I'm all for expressing one's individualism! But there are ways to do it that won't interfere with finding a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
    I do job counseling periodically with teenagers. Gone are the days when I could just say that multiple piercings and visible tats are going to bar them from some of the better-paying careers in Des Moines (Insurance, Finance, and so on). It's still true -- but I'm limited by new policies designed to protect tender snowflake feelings.

What I'll probably do is get permission to take some photos of area workplaces that clearly show what men and women are wearing, and it's not neon-colored tank tops or visible tats. I'll let the photos do the talking.

I'm all for expressing one's individualism! But there are ways to do it that won't interfere with finding a good job.

Colorful socks, ties, scarves, or belt buckles, or an interesting pendant on a necklace. Most businesses are still pretty conservative with their dress codes even mom and pop retail stores.
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

Why ruin a perfectly good piece of art--your body the way it was designed!

Another problem with ink is there is no safety requirements or formulation limitations as far as ink constituents. Women be advised that your sleeve tats ink pigments are being found depositing in the lymph ducts...not a good thing!! Some of those inks could have heavy metals and potential for long term health implications (lymphomas and other cancers). Why ruin a perfectly nice piece of art...your body without tats is what I always thought.

Sociologically, this craze shows how little restraint is in society today. Like lemmings to the sea, oh well if so and so is doing it and they think it's cool, hey why not join the crowd. If you want a tat, get the temporary ones or use henna that comes off or wears off. Nothing worse than a tat on crepe skin!!

I always wondered what the heck is so attractive for demon tats and other evil personifications that are tatted. There is a Biblical passage about not marking one's body....Lev, 19:28 sometimes there is reason for not doing certain things to our bodies that was not understood way back then but we understand more fully today. But those are my musings.

Quote Originally Posted by Safetydude
    I always wondered what the heck is so attractive for demon tats and other evil personifications that are tatted. There is a Biblical passage about not marking one's body....Lev, 19:28 sometimes there is reason for not doing certain things to our bodies that was not understood way back then but we understand more fully today. But those are my musings.
    There are also several passages in Scripture about "modesty", but most don't even know what that means anymore. Including the religious crowd.
    Sherree

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Shimoda View Post
    Howdy, Folks!

Speaks for itself...

Peace and Love,

Donald Shimoda
    LOL
    "No one ever rescues an old dog. They lay in a cage until they die. PLEASE save one. None of us wants to die cold and alone... --Dennis Olson "

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I look at it this way:

Tattoos are akin to putting graffiti on a Holy Church, defying the wishes of the people who worship there.

The Bible teaches me I do not own my body, it belongs to Jesus, who would have lived forever in his sinless state, but he sacrificed his earthly life to redeem me and buy me back from the slavery and ultimate penalty of sin by dying my death for me, suffering the punishment I earned and deserve for my defiance, rebellion and sins against God. Thereby I have PEACE WITH GOD. God is not my adversary. I no longer need to justify myself before him. He says my body is a TEMPLE within which his Holy Spirit resides, shall I defile it with graffiti?

But God says come as you are. If you come to Him with tattoos, or piercings, don't worry about them. In whatever state you are when you accept Christ as your Lord and Savior, be encouraged and know he has loved you all along. But, if you Honor God, you will not continue to defile the body you share with the Holy Spirit.
    Last edited by ainitfunny; 08-13-2019 at 04:27 PM.
    Want a NEW LIFE, to be "born again?" Your acceptance of Jesus's death for you, by proxy, on the Cross must include your understanding, consenting/ratifying that YOU AGREE that means YOU, your will, your way died. When you do, then you become "born again", a new creation, filled with His Holy Spirit, Jesus and his eternal life will dwell within you as his temple. He died for all, but not all will RATIFY His sacrifice for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    I can't believe what I saw. White, educated women copying African earlobe "plate jewelry" Are lips next?

ANY QUESTIONS?
    No, no questions.

It is quite obvious, those are all a bunch of Freaks !!!
    "No one ever rescues an old dog. They lay in a cage until they die. PLEASE save one. None of us wants to die cold and alone... --Dennis Olson "

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Ainitfunny, #46...……...amen amen amen......and those creatures up above are exemplifying demonic influence of the ages IMO...……...
    Sapphire

myopically challenged

Out of curiosity...

Quote Originally Posted by Melodi View Post
    Oh good grief! Lots of traditional cultures (including Meso-American) have used this style of the ear, lip, nose and other rings/plates/piercings, etc.
    How many cultures that have "used that style" have had their E. coli together enough as a society to have a space program or win even ONE science or medical Nobel Prize? Failures should not be emulated.
    Proud member Alt-Right group "Scientists For Trump". (Smart Americans know he's right.)
    A man should only take a wife whose Bible includes Genesis, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Colossians, Malachi, Isaiah, Ephesians, Corinthians, Hebrews, Timothy, Titus, Proverbs, Mark, Peter & Revelation. Ecclesiastes 7:28 (NIV) tells him the odds.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroe View Post
    I know a young man who had his gauge stretched lobes corrected with surgery. Don't know the cost. I think they look ugly and STUPID, but to each his own.

The only thing I can't actually look at, because it makes me nauseated are the hanging nose rings. Reminds me of snot.
    Snot huh? I always see hog snout rings. Guess it works as I haven't seen them rooting.

The lip rings I see fishing hooks.

Once again I have to agree with Lucas’ post 49.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaSmith View Post
    How many cultures that have "used that style" have had their E. coli together enough as a society to have a space program or win even ONE science or medical Nobel Prize? Failures should not be emulated.
    My thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Safetydude View Post
    Another problem with ink is there is no safety requirements or formulation limitations as far as ink constituents. Women be advised that your sleeve tats ink pigments are being found depositing in the lymph ducts...not a good thing!! Some of those inks could have heavy metals and potential for long term health implications (lymphomas and other cancers). Why ruin a perfectly nice piece of art...your body without tats is what I always thought.

Sociologically, this craze shows how little restraint is in society today. Like lemmings to the sea, oh well if so and so is doing it and they think it's cool, hey why not join the crowd. If you want a tat, get the temporary ones or use henna that comes off or wears off. Nothing worse than a tat on crepe skin!!

Well said!

My 63 yo female friend left her abusive husband last September, visited her hippie daughter at the commune one weekend, and came home with a lip ring. I couldn't even look at her. Not my business, but. I told her it was skanky. She was a little offended. Her therapist told her to do what she wanted. She wants to find a nice Christian man to spend the rest of her life with, and I told her it was a neon sign that said NOPE. It's out now.
    Got saved in '93, but met Jesus in September.

Decorative mutilations of the face and body is an outgrowth of superstitious unenlightened cultures whose beliefs are rooted in those superstitions rather than the reality of scientific inquiry.

There is a reason why people whose identity of tribe through physical mutilations never rose out of the hunter/gatherer stone age existence......

Some people critical of modern society think the such display is finding root in the nobility of humanity in such primitive ways..............they can have it and their worship of the "noble savage"

and tell them while they are at it to get rid of clean water, sewage and flush toilets and live in mud huts and see how serious they are about their self identity expression of the rejection of society today.

Quote Originally Posted by PghPanther View Post
    Decorative mutilations of the face and body is an outgrowth of superstitious unenlightened cultures whose beliefs are rooted in those superstitions rather than the reality of scientific inquiry.

There is a reason why people whose identity of tribe through physical mutilations never rose out of the hunter/gatherer stone age existence......

Some people critical of modern society think the such display is finding root in the nobility of humanity in such primitive ways..............they can have it and their worship of the "noble savage"

and tell them while they are at it to get rid of clean water, sewage and flush toilets and live in mud huts and see how serious they are about their self identity expression of the rejection of society today.
    Celts, Tattoos, Irish built America , carry on