Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

OP-ED I can't believe what I saw. White, educated women copying African earlobe "plate jewelry" Are lips next?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

20 I can't believe what I saw. White, educated women copying African earlobe "plate jewelry" Are lips next?

In the rehab unit I was in, I saw a white RN woman with big African style "Plates" installed in her earlobes. I was astounded that any woman would think that such a mutilation would make them appear more attractive. She had stretched her earlobe hole to about an inch or more with the plate, but I'm sure it won't stop there. I couldn't take my eyes off of them.

I don't get out much, so maybe I missed such a think becoming acceptable and popular among supposedly educated people? Tell me, is it becoming popular to also have those huge plates installed stretching one's lips to disfiguring and disabling sizes?

I firmly believe insanity is sweeping our nation.
    Is this an effort by some fearful whites to "identify" with blacks so that they won't harm you? If so, they are really dumb because blacks attack other blacks even more often than they attack other races!

Is anyone else seeing this beautifyng notion appear?
    Last edited by ainitfunny; 08-12-2019 at 11:25 PM.
    Jesus didn't just "die on the cross". He so loved us that
    It was God, suffering, bearing the sin, shame, guilt and punishment
    for every single person who had, or would ever live.
    So Justice could be preserved, Enabling Grace and Mercy to all who believe.

I see young, white SJW guys doing crap like this. If I'm in a position to have a little chat with them, I do. If not (as in I'm not their supervisor), I keep my mouth shut.

Granted, we've all done some dumb things to our bodies, but it seems like since the 1990s, it's been dumb and dumber.

Quote Originally Posted by ainitfunny View Post
    In the rehab unit I was in, I saw an RN with big African style "Plates" installed in her earlobes. I was astounded that any woman would think that such a mutilation would make them appear more attractive. She had stretched her earlobe hole to about an inch or more with the plate, but I'm sure it won't stop there. I couldn't take my eyes off of them.

I don't get out much, so maybe I missed such a think becoming acceptable and popular among supposedly educated people? Tell me, is it becoming popular to also have those huge plates installed stretching one's lips to disfiguring and disabling sizes?

I firmly believe insanity is sweeping our nation.
    Is this an effort by some fearful whites to "identify" with blacks so that they won't harm you? If so, they are really dumb because blacks attack other blacks even more often than they attack other races!

Is anyone else seeing this beautifyng notion appear?
    They are called Gauges. Men, women, young and old have them. Yes, some do lips and noses. Also, multiple piercings (noses, eyebrows, belly buttons, etc,) and whole body tattoos instead of just sleeves. This isn't new it's been happening around here since 2012.

Why on earth would any white person want to look negro?

Quote Originally Posted by pete5555 View Post
    Why on earth would any white person want to look negro?
    Whiggers.
    To most Christians, the Bible is like a software license. Nobody actually reads it. They just scroll to the bottom and click "I agree." - unknown

There is no line anymore, nothing in earth dumber than a white woman these days. They know neither what gender or race they belong with. And everyone wonders why white men are pissed off...

Except maybe a Negro woman. Take half the rings out and she suffocates as here esophagus folds and she can't breathe.

AMAZING what encumbrances humanity saddles themselves with - in the name of fashion.

Dobbin
    I hinnire propter hoc ecce ego

The negrophication of the White woman brought you by the media, marketing and entertain circus owned mostly by those "you know who unmentionables" .......

Oh good grief! Lots of traditional cultures (including Meso-American) have used this style of the ear, lip, nose and other rings/plates/piercings, etc.

And yes, Antifunny it has been "a style" for at least 25 years starting among "edgy" young folks before I even left the US (mostly White but artist/hippie types) and spread along with the fad for extreme tattoos and other "body art."

Personally, I'm not a fan of the extreme stuff like cutting a tongue in two to look like a lizard or giant holes in the ear, with huge plates but other than affecting a person's job prospects I think that everyone has the right to do that sort of thing if they want and they can pay for.

We do have younger friends with some amazing body art in terms of tattoos, though both my husband and I are old enough to remember tattoos as what the old grandpas from WWII had that had faded to icky greens and reds, you could barely read "Mom" or "Babe" on them anymore.

But the modern ones are pretty cool and you might be amazed at how many younger "business types" have amazing ones under their clothing - that I think is the key; my advice for any young person (as if they would listen) would be to keep the more extreme stuff "optional" so that you can wear a suit or a skirt if you have to and restrict the facial stuff to things easily removed like nose rings that are small and come out during work hours.

But no this is not just a "Negro" thing except maybe the neck rings, but you hardly even seen that in Africans anymore except really traditional tribesman because they also know their daughters won't be able to breath (and have issues in school etc) if they go for the really long ones like the model is wearing.

But the plates in the ears are kind of all over the world from Indonesia to traditional Mezo-American

Aztec

Mayan

There are more from Asia and other places (google search turned up quite a bit) but this is a fad that seems to come and go around the world, over long times and distances.
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

Quote Originally Posted by Melodi View Post
    Oh good grief! Lots of traditional cultures (including Meso-American) have used this style of the ear, lip, nose and other rings/plates/piercings, etc.

And yes, Antifunny it has been "a style" for at least 25 years starting among "edgy" young folks before I even left the US (mostly White but artist/hippie types) and spread along with the fad for extreme tattoos and other "body art."

Personally, I'm not a fan of the extreme stuff like cutting a tongue in two to look like a lizard or giant holes in the ear, with huge plates but other than affecting a person's job prospects I think that everyone has the right to do that sort of thing if they want and they can pay for.

We do have younger friends with some amazing body art in terms of tattoos, though both my husband and I are old enough to remember tattoos as what the old grandpas from WWII had that had faded to icky greens and reds, you could barely read "Mom" or "Babe" on them anymore.

But the modern ones are pretty cool and you might be amazed at how many younger "business types" have amazing ones under their clothing - that I think is the key; my advice for any young person (as if they would listen) would be to keep the more extreme stuff "optional" so that you can wear a suit or a skirt if you have to and restrict the facial stuff to things easily removed like nose rings that are small and come out during work hours.

But no this is not just a "Negro" thing except maybe the neck rings, but you hardly even seen that in Africans anymore except really traditional tribesman because they also know their daughters won't be able to breath (and have issues in school etc) if they go for the really long ones like the model is wearing.

But the plates in the ears are kind of all over the world from Indonesia to traditional Mezo-American

Aztec

Mayan

There are more from Asia and other places (google search turned up quite a bit) but this is a fad that seems to come and go around the world, over long times and distances.
    Always the voice of reason here melodi. Thank you.
    disclaimer: Any links posted by me may or may not be harmful for your computer. Please enter at own risk.

50 piece gauge kits are less than 10 bucks on amazon. (the lobe stretchers are called gauges)

Look up "Prince Albert". Warning, nsfw.

ETA: I was wrong. The jewelry pieces are generally called "plugs". The term "gauge" is actually the different size stretchers. Just like different needle gauges. I could bring this over from wiki P if anyone wants clarification.
    Last edited by Luddite; 08-13-2019 at 07:32 AM.
    "You are allowed to be disappointed but not surprised"

Many in the Rock scene have it done, heck I remember friends of my dads having a safety pin through the nose when he was in a punk band back in the 70's , each to their own, it doesn't hurt me

I have multiple piercings and tattoos but no plates. Each tattoo has meaning to me and each one was drawn by my DH. As far as piercings, I just love jewelry and sparkly things Cue Minnesota Smith in 3...2...1...
    I once was blind but now I see!...
    Acts 9:11 The Lord told him, Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying. 12 In a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Marthanoir View Post
    Many in the Rock scene have it done, heck I remember friends of my dads having a safety pin through the nose when he was in a punk band back in the '70s, each to their own, it doesn't hurt me
    Yeah, I'd forgotten when the young whippersnappers started dying their hair green and putting safety pins through their noses, only a few years older myself I tortured a young (18 years old) hot young "stud" when he came to work with green hair and a purple shirt.

I couldn't resist singing "Green Hair with my Purple Shirt, how could you make me wear it to work?" etc.. to the tune of Greensleeves....so he got a mohawk instead.

Ah, the memories....I can see it now "Granddad in your day did men really put giant holes in their ears, is that why you have scars and stitchs in yours?"...
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

It literally turns my stomach to see those things in those freaks ears. Disgusting. I can't imagine what would drive someone to do that. Mental illness I am guessing.

I don't care for tattoos either but they don't make me feel physically ill like seeing gauges in the ear do.

Isn't the stretching pretty much permanent?

So when they're 60-70 and their ear lobes are laying on their bellies, they can brag about, how cool they were, when they were 20?
    "Wise Men Still Seek Him"-bumper sticker

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."-John Adams
    The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own...."- Jeff Cooper, Art of the Rifle

Quote Originally Posted by CaryC View Post

So when they're 60-70 and their ear lobes are laying on their bellies, they can brag about, how cool they were, when they were 20?
    I'll bet suicide rates of millennials will be high, when they get to that age. Nobody is going to want to look at an old cow hide covered in holes and ink, including themselves.
    Alabama - Independent Now and Forever - Noli Me Tangere

The Confederacy - Fighting Terrorism Since 1861

Now that's different.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by rhughe13 View Post
    I'll bet suicide rates of millennials will be high, when they get to that age. Nobody is going to want to look at an old cow hide covered in holes and ink, including themselves.
    Unless TEOTWAWKI happens, I suspect there will be some rather simple cosmetic surgery that can repair this problem though I found many of the old Buddhist statues interesting because many of them did have the earlobes to the shoulders - the fact that it was shown in the statues suggests it was a mark of age rather than considered ugly.

But no, I don't think folks will kill themselves over it; but they may pay good money to repair it - it won't be the first time.

A few thoughts:

Going to university doesn't guarantee an education......there are many idiots/indoctrinates that graduate.

If "changing gender" (and associated restroom) is relatively normal now, as in no beatings doled out for such things, stretching ears is a relatively minor thing in comparison.

Blacks are violent due to excess testosterone. They attack other blacks due to proximity. In areas where they have access, they attack other races.

I knew a guy in the .mil that had gauges. He couldn't wear the actual jewelry at work, so he just had gaping holes in his ears. He had wrecked his motorcycle on the way to work and was put out with full medical retirement. This was over a decade ago.

Personally, I do not like to see the ear thing, I don't like piercing's, and I do not like tattoos. I am amazed at the number of fairly attractive young women that get tattoos ! And amazed when I see people that are overweight with tattoos, wondering how ugly it will be when they get older, and the skin is just hanging there.

All of that to me just shows a low intelligence.

One final thought. My dear departed beloved Uncle Bud, a Korean Vet, a real ruff & tumble type, used to laugh about the piercings. He always said if one of those types assaulted you, go for the piercing. Either make that your punch target, or grab it and rip it out. He also hated to see guys strolling around wearing flip flops. Uncle Bud said to stomp their toes, and they would be done, just like ripping out their nose rings.

Uncle Bud was a funny guy. Full of practical wisdom !

Damn, I still miss him, God rest his soul !!!!!

"No one ever rescues an old dog. They lay in a cage until they die. PLEASE save one. None of us wants to die cold and alone... --Dennis Olson "

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Quote Originally Posted by Melodi View Post

Aztec

Mayan

Yup, it's not new or done in one ethnicity. Thanks for posting that.
    Our knowledge can only be finite, while our ignorance must necessarily be infinite.

I think these things show how willing people are to go through discomfort and body mutilation in order to look cool. And I do think liberals are much more prone to the behavior than conservatives. Conservatives are more independent of fads. Liberals are natural followers, which is why they are so easy to manipulate. I have thought a bit on this topic over the years.
    Reality cannot be seen through the lens of Marxism.

Freedom and government-imposed equality are mutually exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDandy View Post
    Personally, I do not like to see the ear thing, I don't like piercing's, and I do not like tattoos. I am amazed at the number of fairly attractive young women that get tattoos ! And amazed when I see people that are overweight with tattoos, wondering how ugly it will be when they get older, and the skin is just hanging there.

All of that to me just shows a low intelligence.

One final thought. My dear departed beloved Uncle Bud, a Korean Vet, a real ruff & tumble type, used to laugh about the piercings. He always said if one of those types assaulted you, go for the piercing. Either make that your punch target, or grab it and rip it out. He also hated to see guys strolling around wearing flip flops. Uncle Bud said to stomp their toes, and they would be done, just like ripping out their nose rings.

Uncle Bud was a funny guy. Full of practical wisdom !

Damn, I still miss him, God rest his soul !!!!!

I'm amazed by attractive women with tattoos but probably not in the same way you are

I'm on the same page as Uncle Bud on the flip flop issue though

I know a young man who had his gauge stretched lobes corrected with surgery. Don't know the cost. I think they look ugly and STUPID, but to each his own.

The only thing I can't actually look at, because it makes me nauseated are the hanging nose rings. Reminds me of snot.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogizorch View Post
    Now that's different.
    IQ.
    Degeneracy.

Do your ears hang low?
    Can you swing them to and fro?
    Can you tie them in a knot?
    Can you tie them in a bow?
    Can you swing them over your shoulder like a regimental soldier
    Do your ears hang low?

Other versions and body parts at;
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Do_Y...rs_Hang_Low%3F
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Its a real pisser when your belief system gets T-boned by reality.
    Im not afraid of dying...I just dont want to be there!
    ...sell your cloak, and buy a sword...Second Amendment 1.0

I aaa always thought it went well with boobs, especially when you get really old, everything either leaks or dries up, and nothing is in the right place.
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Its a real pisser when your belief system gets T-boned by reality.
    Im not afraid of dying...I just dont want to be there!
    ...sell your cloak, and buy a sword...Second Amendment 1.0

I had my ears pierced, one hole in each lobe. I used to lose clip-on earrings and found them uncomfortable.

Since I'm female and it was one small hole in each lobe, I never saw a problem with that, and -- certainly -- the professional women whose style sense I respected also did that.

But that's it -- no other piercings or tats.

A good plastic surgeon can put them back to normal with a quick operation and about 8 to 10 K dollars or so.

People are free to be stupid as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.
    Having your eyes hurt or getting sick looking at them, doesn't count
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.
    D. H. Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
    There is no line anymore, nothing in earth dumber than a white woman these days. They know neither what gender or race they belong with. And everyone wonders why white men are pissed off...

You need to get out more often, white guys have been doing this since the eighties.
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

Howdy, Folks!

Speaks for itself...

Peace and Love,

Donald Shimoda
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by straightstreet View Post
    I have multiple piercings and tattoos but no plates. Each tattoo has meaning to me and each one was drawn by my DH. As far as piercings, I just love jewelry and sparkly things Cue Minnesota Smith in 3...2...1...
    My ears are double pierced and I'm thinking of getting an ink test done for my birthday, if my body doesn't absorb the ink within a year (it's a native thing) then I'm good to go to get a regular tattoo done sometime next year.
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Meemur View Post
    I had my ears pierced, one hole in each lobe. I used to lose clip-on earrings and found them uncomfortable.

Since I'm female and it was one small hole in each lobe, I never saw a problem with that, and -- certainly -- the professional women whose style sense I respected also did that.

But that's it -- no other piercings or tats.
    Same here, Meemur.
    Sherree

Quote Originally Posted by straightstreet View Post
    Double piercings here and going to be getting my first tattoo soon as the design is finalized.
    Our knowledge can only be finite, while our ignorance must necessarily be infinite.

I can't believe what I saw. White, educated women copying African earlobe "plate jewelry" Are lips next?

ANY QUESTIONS?

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post

ANY QUESTIONS?
    Gross! It's their body they can do what they want with it, but I don't have to look at them. I've been watching LA Ink, I think I'm on season 4 now and some of the tattoos, especially the tribute tattoos are beautiful.

A few more:

Egypt - technically Africa but Tut has more European DNA than not (but it was the 18th dynasty when the royal harem was from all over the then known world)

Asia

What those guys in the nursing home cartoon look like now (or a few years ago)

Modern African

Quote Originally Posted by packyderms_wife View Post
    Gross! It's their body they can do what they want with it, but I don't have to look at them. I've been watching LA Ink, I think I'm on season 4 now and some of the tattoos, especially the tribute tattoos are beautiful.
    If you Google-up "artisan tattoos", many are fantastic. I'd not be ashamed to have that kind of artwork on my body.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    I can't believe what I saw. White, educated women copying African earlobe "plate jewelry" Are lips next?

ANY QUESTIONS?
    Yea, are these real humans and if so which insane asylum did these things come from? There is no way these things should be walking the street! #1 and #4 are the worst! Totally and absolutely puke-worthy creatures. Thank goodness I didn't open this while I was eating or I would have been cleaning up puke about right now. I'm queasy just glancing at the photos. I could not look at a single one of those creatures in person. I guess I feel sorry for them.