Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

ENVR Donald Trump Trump administration plans to drastically weaken law protecting endangered species
+ Reply to Thread

Donald Trump Trump administration plans to drastically weaken law protecting endangered species

First, ignore the NBC hysteria.
    President Trump is going to make some changes that will help millions of Americans keep good jobs
    These burdensome and irrational regulations stop good businesses and jobs.
    SS

'Trump administration plans to drastically weaken law protecting endangered species
    The Endangered Species Act is credited with helping save the bald eagle, the California condor and scores of other animals and plants from extinction.

Aug. 12, 2019, 9:01 AM PDT / Updated Aug. 12, 2019, 11:29 AM PDT
    By Associated Press

WASHINGTON — The Trump administration is finalizing major changes Monday to the way it enforces the landmark Endangered Species Act, a move it says will reduce regulatory burden but critics charge will drive more creatures to extinction.

The administration was making public a final rule overhauling the way the federal government handles protections for plants and animals at risk of extinction. Information about the rule and Monday's release was obtained by The Associated Press beforehand.

The Endangered Species Act is credited with helping save the bald eagle, the California condor and scores of other animals and plants from extinction since President Richard Nixon signed it into law in 1973.

The Trump administration says the changes will make regulation more efficient and less burdensome while preserving protections for wildlife.

At least 10 attorneys general joined conservation groups in protesting an early draft of the changes, saying they put more wildlife at greater risk of extinction.

A draft version of the changes released last year included ending blanket protections for animals newly deemed threatened and allowing federal authorities for the first time to consider the economic cost of protecting a particular species. Another change could let authorities disregard impacts from climate change, one of the largest threats to habitat, conservation groups said.

The final rule broadly sticks to those changes, according to a person briefed on the changes who was not authorized to publicly speak about them.

Conservationists promised legal action.

"This effort to gut protections for endangered and threatened species has the same two features of most Trump administration actions: it's a gift to industry, and it's illegal. We'll see the Trump administration in court about it," Drew Caputo, a vice president of litigation for the conservation advocacy group Earthjustice, said.

The Endangered Species Act currently protects more than 1,600 species in the United States and its territories.

A United Nations report warned in May that more than 1 million plants and animals globally face extinction, some within decades, owing to human development, climate change and other threats. The report called the r

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...s-act-n1041426
    “Then the creatures of the high air answered to the battle, .., and the woods trembled and the wind sobbed telling them, the earth shook,; the witches of the valley, and the wolves of the forests, howled from every quarter and on every side of the armies, urging them against one another.”
    ― Lady Gregory, Gods and Fighting Men: The Story of the Tuatha De Danaan and the Fianna of Ireland

And how many species have already gone extinct throughout history?

It’s called survival of the fittest for a reason.
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    It’s a real pisser when your belief system gets T-boned by reality.
    I’m not afraid of dying...I just don’t want to be there!
    ...sell your cloak, and buy a sword...Second Amendment 1.0

Well, I watched good intentioned "nature lovers" ruin pheasant hunting by getting millions of acres of CORN, grain and other crops that pheasants relied upon for food RETIRED from farming and the pheasants of course dwindled drastically in numbers. I don't know what other wild animals also were decimated by this well intentioned reversion of productive crop lands to "re-wilding".

The whole area of very rural farms in Michigan where I grew up, is now platted into 1 to a quarter acre of isolated tiny subdivisions of ten to 50 homes out in the middle of nowhere, subdivisions that are not even close to each other, with no close jobs, shopping or other services. They have all of the disadvantages of living in town (tiny lots, tiny homes, crowded schools, homeowners association annual fees and "rules" and no privacy or elbow room, with all the disadvantages of living rural : no good medical care nearby, no bus service, no shopping) ), with none of the advantages of living in so rural an area a beautiful rural view, hunting, privacy, etc.
    Last edited by ainitfunny; 08-13-2019 at 08:50 PM.
    Jesus didn't MERELY only physically "die on the cross". He so loved us that
    It was God, suffering, bearing the sin, shame, guilt and punishment
    for every single person who had, or would ever live.
    So Justice could be preserved, Enabling Grace and Mercy to all who believe.

The value of privately owned property is in its exclusive use, enjoyment and disposal. Many rural lands and their resources are used to produce income for small family farms, ranches and woodlots. ESA presses privately owned land into public service, requiring the owner to manage his land and improve habitat at his own expense for a public benefit of species recovery. The concept that the "public trust" has some sort of superior interest in land to which private ownership is subservient and must pay for habitat encroachment is wrong-headed. The purpose of the 5th Amendment of the Constitution is to provide a method for acquiring property in the public interest and making the owner whole in his estate. ESA punishes the people who have not fully destroyed habitat on their land for the benefit of those who have. It is perverse.
    "During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." George Orwell

I'm from Oregon.

When the spotted owl came along and the feds did their thing....thousands lost their timber jobs...it almost shut down an entire town near me.

I worked for a company as a accountant that made Logging Trucks and Chip Trucks....we went out of business too.

If TRUMP can dull the effect of that little bird....lots of folks will appreciate it.
    JOHN 3:16 / John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you FREE.

Quote Originally Posted by JF&P View Post
    I'm from Oregon.

When the spotted owl came along and the feds did their thing....thousands lost their timber jobs...it almost shut down an entire town near me.

I worked for a company as a accountant that made Logging Trucks and Chip Trucks....we went out of business too.

If TRUMP can dull the effect of that little bird....lots of folks will appreciate it.
    I'm from Eastern Oregon. At the time a manager for Edward Hines. Spotted owl did not get US. Allowable cut on Oregon's federal lands did however. 95,000 bdf log scale for sale that year for the whole state? Our mill alone cut 1/2 a million a day board scale so around 300,000 log scale. We had 3-5 years timber under contract when it sold to the bottom feeders.

Then they wanted to protect the Sage Grouse while having a season on them. At least they controlled it lol. http://www.dfw.state.or.us/news/2018...st/080718b.asp

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-D View Post
    I'm from Eastern Oregon. At the time a manager for Edward Hines. Spotted owl did not get US. Allowable cut on Oregon's federal lands did however. 95,000 bdf log scale for sale that year for the whole state? Our mill alone cut 1/2 a million a day board scale so around 300,000 log scale. We had 3-5 years timber under contract when it sold to the bottom feeders.

Then they wanted to protect the Sage Grouse while having a season on them. At least they controlled it lol. http://www.dfw.state.or.us/news/2018...st/080718b.asp

I feel sure that the state and fed. forestry depts laid off a proportional amount of guv workers, right? /sarc
    "You are allowed to be disappointed but not surprised"

Quote Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
    I feel sure that the state and fed. forestry depts laid off a proportional amount of guv workers, right? /sarc
    You would not believe what happened. Even I could have wrote a book.

http://books.google.com/books?id=6_M...20fire&f=false

How do you fight big fires when you no longer have big equipment in the woods. Opppss.

More than 99 percent of all species, amounting to over five billion species, that ever lived on Earth are estimated to have died out. ... Most species that become extinct are never scientifically documented. Some scientists estimate that up to half of presently existing plant and animal species may become extinct by 2100.

The vast majority of species eventually die out. It's the way nature works. New species are constantly evolving. Getting worried over some snail darter or such is stupid.
    Better to worry that our species isn't on the short list.
    “I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.”
    D. H. Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
    More than 99 percent of all species, amounting to over five billion species, that ever lived on Earth are estimated to have died out. ... Most species that become extinct are never scientifically documented. Some scientists estimate that up to half of presently existing plant and animal species may become extinct by 2100.

The vast majority of species eventually die out. It's the way nature works. New species are constantly evolving. Getting worried over some snail darter or such is stupid.
    Better to worry that our species isn't on the short list.
    Saving endangers species George Carlon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeSMPESpxdA

It won't matter. 5G is coming and already where it is installed, birds and bees are getting killed. Oh yeah: it is very harmful to humans, too.
    https://safeg.net/home A Safe Alternative to Harmful 5G Wireless

Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
    18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

When I was a kid there were no Bald Eagles or Blue Herons around these parts. Now we have those plus armadillos, coyotes, black bear and I think I saw a golden eagle not too long ago. Things have changed around here in the last 40+ years.
    Hwæt! Wé Gárdena in géardagum þéodcyninga þrym gefrúnon· hú ðá æþelingas ellen fremedon. - Listen! We of the Spear-Danes in the days of yore, of those clan-kings heard of their glory. How the worthy princes performed courageous deeds!

Quote Originally Posted by TammyinWI View Post
    It won't matter. 5G is coming and already where it is installed, birds and bees are getting killed. Oh yeah: it is very harmful to humans, too.
    You should see where I live. 5g will never get here and 4g barely does now(doesn't without a booster). Birds bees squirrels deer elk, took me 5 years but I managed to turn them all into freeloaders. The house cat became extinct though. I am betting the coyote can't eat the new HUSky, but last night it looked like they were going to play until I started yelling at the dog. Not a good sign.