Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

ALERT TTOL financial trouble
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by naegling62 View Post
    The down fall was the loss of Chicom. Although is Chicom brilliant, without the strong hand of a moderator he gets out of bounds.
    A lot of good folks left, because HW wouldn't allow for any forum moderation. Just look at the situation now. It's anything goes!
    Sherree

Too bad, was a good board for many years, made a lot of good friends there. Thumpers and trolls got out of control.

INVAR is the reason I left here and followed him over to TTOL...I liked the guy, obviously. I even supported his missionary trip to india.

He's the Donald TRUMP of forums....LOL Speaks his mind.

I was disappointed when he retired from any and all forums.
    JOHN 3:16 / John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you FREE.

The down fall was the loss of Chicom. Although is Chicom brilliant, without the strong hand of a moderator he gets out of bounds.

The wrong people got tossed over there...by the truckloads.

If the place does fold they will have to place Lenno on suicide watch, the guy has nothing else LOL

Green Man and Hoppalong needed to be ousted a long time ago...along with a couple others. They have achieved their goal, unless things turn around. Lots of wisdom on that sight, and I will say, Achilles does a great job finding timely stuff you may not see here. It compliments things well. Lenno has been tireless keeping threads going. If I had any extra I'd donate here and then there, but life's been real tight over the last year..the day will come and I will make up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ractivist View Post
    Green Man and Hoppalong needed to be ousted a long time ago...along with a couple others. They have achieved their goal, unless things turn around. Lots of wisdom on that sight, and I will say, Achilles/HOUSEWOLF does a great job finding timely stuff you may not see here. It compliments things well. Lenno has been tireless keeping threads going. If I had any extra I'd donate here and then there, but life's been real tight over the last year..the day will come and I will make up for it.
    Achilles is HouseWolf and vice versa. He posts all of that to make it look like traffic is still coming there.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    ó Robert Heinlein

I forgot the place existed. Couldn't remember who went over-didn't think about INVAR but seems some woman went over to become a Boss or something but ohwell.

They've made it what 13 years or so?

Whether they continue or not is not really a matter to me.
    "It ain't no secret I didn't get these scars falling over in church."

"My Shoes are too Tight. But it is ok as I have forgotten how to Dance."

Quote Originally Posted by Ractivist View Post
    Green Man and Hoppalong needed to be ousted a long time ago...along with a couple others.
    That attitude is why no one goes there now.
    Many just want an echo chamber where they can listen to themselves rant aimlessly.
    They don't want to face reality.

That's easy to at least guess at...

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    I ask something like this almost every time one of these threads goes up, but I must admit I’ve never understood. How did they go wrong? It had to be more than one thing. Why don’t they try to correct those outstanding issues? It would seem to me to be doable with some perseverance. And I’ve NEVER understood the monthly fundraising model. Hell, once a YEAR is bad enough! I can’t imagine having to do it all the time.
    Their forum is moderated as if non-STEM, average-IQ people (most of them women) who've never been trained to THINK logically were in charge. It's kind of like the dregs of FreeRepublic.com's mods, or how the dating site conservativematch.com was (for anyone that ever spent time over there), or, heck, puffingtonpost or salon.com these days.

I got banned there when I politely asked a mod twice if he had any evidence for an improbable assertion he had made about something scientific. He (think it was a male) thought that that was a personal insult. Anyone that doesn't understand that the person making an assertion is the one with a duty to provide evidence for it, rather than a skeptic being required to provide negative evidence, really isn't competent to enter into debates, let alone judge them.
    Proud member Alt-Right group "Scientists For Trump". (Smart Americans know he's right.)
    A man should only take a wife whose Bible includes Genesis, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Colossians, Malachi, Isaiah, Ephesians, Corinthians, Hebrews, Timothy, Titus, Proverbs, Mark, Peter & Revelation. Ecclesiastes 7:28 (NIV) tells him the odds.

Well, I for one liked the place....good times were had there. Anyone remember Shep?
    Hwśt! Wť GŠrdena in gťardagum Ģťodcyninga Ģrym gefrķnon∑ hķ ūŠ śĢelingas ellen fremedon. - Listen! We of the Spear-Danes in the days of yore, of those clan-kings heard of their glory. How the worthy princes performed courageous deeds!

I ask something like this almost every time one of these threads goes up, but I must admit Iíve never understood. How did they go wrong? It had to be more than one thing. Why donít they try to correct those outstanding issues? It would seem to me to be doable with some perseverance. And Iíve NEVER understood the monthly fundraising model. Hell, once a YEAR is bad enough! I canít imagine having to do it all the time.
    INVAR...

He effs up everything...
    Deo adjuvante non timendum - With God Helping, Nothing is to be Feared
    "You are like a pit-bull..." - Dennis Olson
    "No man knows but that the last backward glance over his shoulder may be his last look, forever." - Ernie Pyle Born: 1900 KIA: 1945 Shima, Okinawa

Quote Originally Posted by night driver View Post
    HEH.

Quick cure.

Bring INVAR back and walk away for 2 months.

Problems solved.
    How to Kill a Board 101
    "No man knows but that the last backward glance over his shoulder may be his last look, forever." - Ernie Pyle Born: 1900 KIA: 1945 Shima, Okinawa

Lots of us loved INVAR. As a member. But as a staffer, no way.
    A lot of us did not

So what’s wrong with freep’s? I used to hear about them all the time but haven’t in a couple years now.

So what’s wrong with freep’s? I used to hear about them all the time but haven’t in a couple years now.
    It is a pain in the ass to have to post in html

Explain plz?

Is Croatan still posting over there???
    RULE 1:
    THEY want you DEAD.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my brothers' children (and their parents) may have peace, and have NO KNOWLEDGE of what I have done."

The BEST in Life:
    To CRUSH your enemies.
    To see them driven before you
    To listen to the lamentations of their women

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    It is a pain in the ass to have to post in html
    Explain plz?
    AGREED!! On the explain please request.

I was ticked when y'all had to turn off html here.
    RULE 1:
    THEY want you DEAD.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my brothers' children (and their parents) may have peace, and have NO KNOWLEDGE of what I have done."

The BEST in Life:
    To CRUSH your enemies.
    To see them driven before you
    To listen to the lamentations of their women

I didn’t turn it off per se. There was a hack in vb 3.0 that allowed HTML use by usergroup. I programmed that hack. (It was before vb 4.x, which used plugins instead of hacks.) When we went to vb 4, all those hacks were overwritten. By then I didn’t want to hunt down the replacement, having spent hundreds of hours installing hacks in vb 3.

They purge anyone that's not a clone in an instant, no warning or due process.
    I got banned from there after making perhaps 6 posts on their forum, for noting in a thread referencing India that Western European level of ethics could not be expected from the people currently residing in India unless they were replaced by Western Europeans. Seem like blank-slaters/deniers of human biodiversity run the place IMO.
    Proud member Alt-Right group "Scientists For Trump". (Smart Americans know he's right.)
    A man should only take a wife whose Bible includes Genesis, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Colossians, Malachi, Isaiah, Ephesians, Corinthians, Hebrews, Timothy, Titus, Proverbs, Mark, Peter & Revelation. Ecclesiastes 7:28 (NIV) tells him the odds.

Quote Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
    I too, spent time lurking there. Probably been 3 years since my last visit.
    Probably been about 3 years for me as well.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I, YHWH, change not." ~ our Creator

Quote Originally Posted by night driver View Post
    AGREED!! On the explain please request.

I was ticked when y'all had to turn off html here.
    I post to say something and some of my posts can get ... Verbose.

It was a pain in the ass to have to put in html tags and it consumed a lot of extra time.

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaSmith View Post
    They purge anyone that's not a clone in an instant, no warning or due process.
    I got banned from there after making perhaps 6 posts on their forum, for noting in a thread referencing India that Western European level of ethics could not be expected from the people currently residing in India unless they were replaced by Western Europeans. Seem like blank-slaters/deniers of human biodiversity run the place IMO.
    Not much point to being in a forum where you cannot express your own opinions. You’d just be reading twenty versions of the same thought.
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Itís a real pisser when your belief system gets T-boned by reality.
    Iím not afraid of dying...I just donít want to be there!
    ...sell your cloak, and buy a sword...Second Amendment 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by Profit of Doom View Post
    Not much point to being in a forum where you cannot express your own opinions. You’d just be reading twenty versions of the same thought.
    That seems to be exactly what some forums want.

The rumor is that Invar has become a Hindu and is roaming the streets of Calcutta in his bare feet. Would it be possible for us to raise some money for a pair of sandals for this chap?
    Sow the Wind....Reap the Whirlwind

Quote Originally Posted by doctor_fungcool View Post
    The rumor is that Invar has become a Hindu and is roaming the streets of Calcutta in his bare feet. Would it be possible for us to raise some money for a pair of sandals for this chap?
    What? Your kidding right....? Not that being a Hindu is a problem or anything but that one is hard to believe (but stranger things have happened).
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

Containment Area for Relocated Yankees - former Pittsburgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Profit of Doom View Post
    Welcome to the Internet.
    No good deed ever goes unpunished.

Quote Originally Posted by Melodi View Post
    What? Your kidding right....? Not that being a Hindu is a problem or anything but that one is hard to believe (but stranger things have happened).
    sarcasm my friend....sarcasm
    Sow the Wind....Reap the Whirlwind

I loved INVAR as a Christian Brother, but as a moderator not a whole lot.
    AKA bobinky, just an old coot livin' on a hillside in Kentucky.

Quote Originally Posted by doctor_fungcool View Post
    sarcasm my friend....sarcasm
    I thought so, I just wanted to make sure...
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

One problem with forums is volume of post. I've notice when researching a topic say ham radios, 3d printers, or auto repair I look for a supporting forum through google. Then when I go to the actual forum if the different subsections haven't had post in several days or weeks then I leave and go on to the next forum.

TOL suffered that problem. They started out strong when they kind of split from here. But they didn't have the traffic volume to cause you to want to spend any time there. Thus it becomes self fulfilling as less traffic breeds less traffic. So that was why I supported Dennis when he posted about needing to bring in new members a couple of months ago because more members means more messages which means more traffic.

If you ever want to see an example of a strong board go over to the GD on ar15.com. Threads roll off of the first page of that subforum within minutes because there is so much posting and traffic. Unless the new management kill the site with its crack down on rule making that site will last forever or at least until ar15's get replaced with the mark-4 plasma blaster which should be issued by PSA next decade at a sub-$1000 price. Full auto and takes AA batteries is the rumor

tbd

Well, I for one liked the place....good times were had there. Anyone remember Shep?
    I remember shep. I sort of upset shep and they tried to get me tossed because of some images and comments I made just for them. It hurt their feelings.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares usually end up plowing for those who kept their swords.

--Benjamin Franklin

I left when my posts were edited without my consent. Literally changing the meaning of the post.

I left because the nasty-nice "Christians" could get away with posting any insult they liked and when the interesting, intelligent members would finally get fed up and try to fight back, they would immediately be given time-out or be outright banned or they just gave up and quit. To me this was totally unfair and so I just walked away from it.

A forum dominated by a horse's ass crusader and a bunch of whine-ass older women really isn't a forum any more. It's just a boring clique.

I did, too, while it lasted. Remember Shep? That person gave me nightmares! Shepbolts and all! Now, it appears KingsX is running the show with her outlandish white supremist views. There's just too much garbage running amuck over there for me to ever return, except for a visit from time to time.
    Sherree

Quote Originally Posted by petedtom View Post
    If the place does fold they will have to place Lenno on suicide watch, the guy has nothing else LOL
    Lenno is busy....
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by EMICT View Post
    I am surprised that the title of this thread wasn't "TTOL is Toast"

I was there for a long time. Finally got tired of ........... Yeah. Other problems as well.

If TTOL dies, please don't let that guy over here. He's human kudzu.
    1. If you import the Third World, you become the Third World. It really is that simple.
    2. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist
    3. If you have not been to the range in a month, you are under performing.