Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

GUNS/RLTD Schumer Moves To Make It Illegal To Own Body Armor
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I find this very stupid.

Why would he even waste his time with something like this?

What reason does he give for wanting to outlaw it? Because wearing it makes it harder to kill you?

So many of these mass shooters suffer from mental health issues so instead of doing something about that our government is going after the millions of law-abiding gun owners. Why was mental health funding drastically cut in the 80’s and 90’s. Your government is the problem and, in many cases, it has always been the problem with so many issues. ACCOUNTABILITY

The guys at AR500 weigh in:

"Schumer proposes bill to regulate Body Armor."

This is the kind of nonsense we have grown to expect from oath breakers like Senator Chuck Schumer (D-NY).

Chuck Schumer has decided that the people must be saved from the right to buy Body Armor.

We do not yet have the full details on this bill. We do know that the intent is to regulate, constrict, and control the rights of free persons to buy and sell body armor in an effort to make it more difficult and more expensive to buy, sell, and own Armor – like armored backpacks. We know the bill is scheduled to be proposed in September.

Senator Schumer has sworn the following:

“I, Chuck Schumer, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”

Did Chuck Schumer read the Constitution before publicly taking this oath before God?

Did he miss the part that says:

“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

Does he not know that "Arms" includes BOTH weapons for offense AND armor for defense?
    Come And Take Them
    This oath breaker has our full attention, and we will prepare for the fight.

This is a narrow-minded political proposal designed to create a false sense of security – born from the actions of a few idiots, bearing consequences that will affect the freedom of many to own a lifesaving tool. Tyrants always use criminals as an excuse to take away freedoms.

We are a team of free craftsmen at AR500 Armor®, and we strive to provide the most reliable and affordable lifesaving tools in the industry.

The Armored Republic™ is made up of free craftsmen making tools of Liberty for free men.

When the time comes, we have to make our voices heard against this tyrannical overreach. This is a stepping stone. It will inevitably lead to further regulation once the perimeter is broken.

Contact your Senators and Representatives to let them know that this is a non-starter:

To contact your Senators: https://www.senate.gov/general/conta...nators_cfm.cfm
    To contact your House Rep: https://www.house.gov/representative...representative

Body armor is a Tool of Liberty. Your Rights, given by God, are yours to protect.

Follow for more information as it develops.

Representing the Free Men of the Armored Republic™,
    Tyler O'Neal
    President & Founder
    IG: @Tyler_AR500Armor
    David Reece
    CEO

Geoffrey Schultz
    Director of Customer Obsession
    #STAYintheFIGHT

No link...Landed in my e-mail box.
    RULE 1:
    THEY want you DEAD.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my brothers' children (and their parents) may have peace, and have NO KNOWLEDGE of what I have done."

The BEST in Life:
    To CRUSH your enemies.
    To see them driven before you
    To listen to the lamentations of their women

Quote Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
    21 ft and Cu/Pb

Seriously, IMO only prison guards benefit from stab proof. Even with steel plates on, you realize just how MUCH of your important parts are vulnerable. ymmv
    Keep my distance and rely on copper n lead? I do a decent job, but unfortunately not every SOB is obliging enough to wear a tatoo across his forehead. Some find the getting past the defenses part of the fun of the game.

Notta prison guard, but in some ways they're safer, behind all those locked doors and bars...i get to go shoulder to shoulder
    with folks, and around here knives and machetes are used as often as guns.

Anyways, thanks for the info, appreciate your thoughts.
    Thoughts are things. Thus I'm careful of the thoughts I think, & the company I keep.
    I myself am entirely made of flaws, stiched together with good intentions.
    MOON™~> all in the ignorant opinion of an uneducated slip of a woman who keeps forgetting to mind her manners, know her place and bow down to her betters

Quote Originally Posted by jward View Post

Anyways, thanks for the info, appreciate your thoughts.
    A day or two makes my comment seem pretty simplistic. Sorry about that.

For me, it is a matter of odds and limited resources vs unlimited wants.

I agree that lots of people get cut or stabbed around here. I can't speak for your area. Usually alk ee hall or drugs play a role. We were discussing an event here where one brother left another brother juggling his intestines in a bar parking lot over some silly tiff.

I try to keep WAY more than 21 ft away from those kind of opportunities.

Do I wear my body armor now? No. Not unless I'm exercising/training here on the farm. Some risks just can't be avoided.

I read Gavin de Becker's book "The Gift of Fear" many years ago. It gave some insights about that little voice in our heads that helps us recognize risks not completely evident. Typing this has jogged my memory about it. Time for a re-read.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...e_Gift_of_Fear
    "You are allowed to be disappointed but not surprised"

More "Feel Good" legislation that in all REALITY does - not - do - diddly - squat.

Most "Body Armour" people acquire is at best level III. Good for pistol ammunition but nothing against rifle rounds. Body Armour is not BULLET PROOF, rather it's bullet resistant and you still end up getting your arse kicked....and kicked hard.

Politicians are such worthless TWITS!
    We have done so much, with so little, for so long....We can now do anything, with nothing, forever.