Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

Misc/Chat Years of hard work pay off.
+ Reply to Thread

Years of hard work pay off.

During spring of this year I got seriously sick. So none of the normal spring pruning and weeding got done. As a result, the house and yard were an absolute disaster area. Grapes, jasmine, and creeping jenny had exploded. Various very prolific weeds had taken over. It looked like I hadn't taken care of things for years.
    Then, with motivation, I started cleaning two weeks ago. I can only handle about an hour each morning. My stamina isn't quite back yet. And that's when I discovered what a true blessing all the prior years of work were. It looked horrible but it is cleaning up quickly for the level of overgrowth.
    And the burn barrel will be working for weeks to get rid of the debris.
    But so much easier than when I initially worked these areas over the years.
    So, even if you don't think it helps, trust me, it does.
    Please, come say Hi! and share your experience/knowledge. I love to learn.

http://survivingtothrivin.blogspot.com/

I can relate Kyrsyan, I hope you're feeling much better now. Just being outside in the dirt and in nature is very healing. I was just thinking today how good I've been feeling lately and then thought, yep, been eating my own homegrown food for a few weeks now. It does make a big difference. I can eat a fresh salad from yard to house for lunch and not be hungry an hour later. I still have a huge herb bed that got away from me but it's not going anywhere. Next year I'll get to it! Thanks for sharing.
    "Let your food be your medicine, and your medicine be your food." Hippocrates

Who is Q?

I'm still working on things. I wish I had the money to buy some of the plants I want. I'd just finish a lot of projects.
    But I am planting ginger, turmeric, and ginseng. They will be in a protected spot in the backyard. Not much getting done this week though. Not with the heat and humidity.
    Please, come say Hi! and share your experience/knowledge. I love to learn.

http://survivingtothrivin.blogspot.com/

My raised beds are starting to get fertile at last. Put some rock phosphate into them. Plants perked up good. I have stuck lots of chicken shit into them and other rock dust etc. Cow shit is good to add as well.

If you add too much nitrogen in any form you can end up with Aphids

Controlling Aphids Naturally | Terroir Seeds

https://underwoodgardens.com/control...ids-naturally/
    Nov 1, 2014 - Soils with excessively high nitrogen create very fast growing plants. This leads to rapid cell wall growth, which are elongated, thinner and much easier for the piercing mouth-parts of an aphid to penetrate than normal. The plant sap will also be high in nitrogen and will be especially attractive for the aphid.
    Last edited by China Connection; 08-14-2019 at 02:01 AM.