Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

Story Market Day
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Market Day

When Allyson started backpedaling when asked her what she was wearing, Kara started explaining. “My idea is that we need more information before we do anything too rash. This isn’t Afghanistan, we can’t just snipe them for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. We need to question them and find out who was killed in the clearing last night. My idea is one of us to approach them and distract them and maybe get some of the information without it seeming like an interrogation. There may still be some campers in the park ‘theoretically’, so one of us looking all helpless and innocent, out jogging up the road could get close. They will talk first if the approach is non-threatening. I figure, depending on what you are wearing underneath, you could do the sorority girl out for a run thing and get all their attention, meanwhile I will creep closer and at the first sign of trouble, we stop them.”

“So, I’m the bait? Going up to two armed individuals that were part of a crew that gunned down a bunch of people unarmed? Why me and not you? You’re the one with the plan.” Allyson countered.

“Yeah, I’m the one with the plan, but I’m the one who already knows they won’t hesitate to drop both of them if they twitch wrong. Besides, I’m me,” she gestured with her hands down her body, “and your ‘you’,” she gestured at her” so if you’re going to use bait, use the one that will be the most attractive to them.”

“I don’t understand. Either of us could distract them just as well.” Allyson countered.

“Really?” Kara’s cynical side showed up in full force. “Unless they are pedophiles or have an Olive Oil fetish, my body won’t turn their heads compared to you. Shoot, my tits are so small, Michael Jordan couldn’t get them to bounce.”

Allyson didn’t know what to say. So many conflicting elements; the hatred Kara seemed to have for herself, the praise and positives on her appraisal of Allyson’s body, the fear concerning the upcoming plan, and the surety of the assessment of who should do what. Now all they had to do was the how.

Into Allyson’s stunned silence, Kara forged ahead.

“Alright girl, let’s see what we have to work with.”

Allyson took off her shirt, revealing her plain black sports bra. Kara took a long look and came to the conclusion that it was too efficient and fit too well.

“OK, we need to make a couple adjustments.” She reached into the Aid bag in the Hyena and pulled out two battle dressings. She opened them and spread out the pad. It made a soft spongey pad a couple inches across and over an inch thick. These she handed to Allyson.

“Your bra works too well, put these in there for the push up effect. We need bouncing eye-catchers.”

After Allyson shoved them into her bra, she was almost spilling out of the top.

“Well shoot! At this rate, why don’t I just jog topless?” She kept trying to make them fit in without popping out.

“If I thought they would believe it, I would have suggested it.” Kara quipped back. “Now let’s see the bottom half.”

Allyson bent over to slide her pants down. As she did so, she felt like her tits were going to fall out. She straightened back up, showing her bright red boy shorts style underwear.

“Would these work?”

Kara stood with a calculating look on her face for a few moments.

“Yeah, those will work. If we also push your socks down over the top edge of your boots, they will look more day trail runner than hiking. We can hook the radio to the middle of the bra strap in the back. It will tighten the bra some and keep them in but bouncy. The earpiece will look like you’re listening to tunes, but instead, it will be me.”

“I still don’t know if I like this plan”

“It will be fine.” Kara stepped back and looked at Allyson from top to bottom. “I got it! One last thing.” She reached up and pulled the ponytail free and fluffed up Allysons hair. It fell in thick curly waves down past her collarbone. Kara used her fingers to fluff it up, like drying off a wet dog. It took on a life of its own. She stepped back and turned her so the sun was behind her and checked her work. Her hair formed a red halo around Allyson’s head, looking a bit unkempt and bedheadish, just right for a carefree camper in the middle of nowhere. Part of Kara was awestruck for a moment with her creation. Allyson snapped her out of it.

“So other than my jogging up and trying to keep my tits from falling out in the process, what’s the plan?”

“When they stop you, you are spoiled little sorority camper out running. When they say you can’t be there, you have a pass, you don’t understand, etc., your entitled, blah, blah, blah. If the threaten you too seriously or you feel it’s out of control, or you have heard enough to confirm they are bad guys, give the code word and I will make my move. While they are talking to you, I’ll creep up from behind so I can peek into the car as I come up behind them.”

“Ok, so what’s the code word?”

Kara thought for a moment, then it came to her, she had used it before.

“Pickle.”
    Last edited by ComCamGuy; 10-18-2019 at 05:25 PM.

Thank you. It's always nice to see the thought process behind their actions.
    And.... we're ready for more!
    Last edited by Sportsman; 10-18-2019 at 11:21 PM.

Thank you!

I feel like a begger...I am ready for MOAR!
    The word Bipartisan usually means some larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. George Carlin

thanks

dosadi
    Dosadi

III

My family & clan are my country.

Dang. Wait wait wait.

Thank you!!!!!
    The Operative: “The path to peace is paved with corpses. It’s always been so.”

Malcolm Reynolds: “So me and mine got to lie down and die so you can live in your better world?”

Thank you, but this thread is worthless without pictures...

Something like this?

Or this?

Oh my...
    The word Bipartisan usually means some larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. George Carlin

“Really?” Kara’s cynical side showed up in full force. “Unless they are pedophiles or have an Olive Oil fetish, my body won’t turn their heads compared to you. Shoot, my tits are so small, Michael Jordan couldn’t get them to bounce.

Hmmmm, little ones....

Texican....

Does Allyson have blue or green eyes? If green, that's not fair, what straight guy could resist a green eyed red headed woman?
    The difference between being smart and being wise:
    Being smart is learning from your own mistakes.
    Being wise is learning from the mistakes of others.
    My life has given others many opportunities to be wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Freebirde View Post
    Does Allyson have blue or green eyes? If green, that's not fair, what straight guy could resist a green eyed red headed woman?
    Couldn’t find a pic yet that does justice with green

everywhere in school, she was known as ‘the red head’, which was unfair since there were four girls and one guy with red hair in her school. Although, hers was the brightest. And she had skin the color of notebook paper. And she had eyes the color of new mown grass.
    Last edited by ComCamGuy; 10-19-2019 at 10:32 AM.

I also look at various pics for inspiration. Came across a few today. They don’t 100% match up but

Kinda Bekka-ish

And kinda Kara-ish

I can't remember if Maureen O'Hara had green eyes, brown, or somewhere between. Hard to tell from the stills I can find.
    The difference between being smart and being wise:
    Being smart is learning from your own mistakes.
    Being wise is learning from the mistakes of others.
    My life has given others many opportunities to be wise.

Y’all stop talking! I had my hopes all worked up. Let the man write. Sheesh!!!

Malcolm Reynolds: “So me and mine got to lie down and die so you can live in your better world?”

Allyson was trying to get comfortable with her underwear jogging attire. She was still somewhat unsure of some of this. She felt like the last week has been the same as the first day in high school. The cool seniors already knew where everything was, already had their clicks and their backgrounds and such. Well, she was the new kid with Bekka, Garen and Kara, but they asked her to join them. It was time for her to earn her varsity jacket here. Kara had been right. This was like an undercover assignment. She had to put the who she was in a box for later and embrace the now. Nobody here knew her but Bekka, Kara and Garen. They expected her to pull her weight and wouldn’t judge her the same as people she grew up with or people she knew as a cop. This was, in a way, also an opportunity for a fresh start.

This was also an environment inhibitions and reservations have flown out the window. She really needed to step into character and up her game. The people she was with have already risked their lives for her. She wasn’t used to people like these. Cops did have a level of loyalty to other cops, but it was different here.

Her brain was bouncing all over the place, she needed to focus. It was getting light enough for her jog.

“Alright, Allyson, it’s time to become……Becky, yeah, that’s it. Becky was one of those vegan, sorority girls who would only date the varsity squad. I’m out here for a jog to cleanse my chakra prior to my yoga. I’m allowed to be here; I have a permit. Why wouldn’t I be allowed to be here. I got this.”

Allyson finished getting herself set, then began her jog. Soon the clearing was in sight.

Kara realized Allyson didn’t know her radio mic was live. She heard the transformation of Allyson into ‘Becky’. It was reassuring to hear the shift in attitude and voice. It seemed that the undercover mindset concept analogy had at least worked for this scenario. She had to remind herself that Allyson had done many undercover assignments and was now adapting this experience to the new environment. She was so glad that Bekka had thought of that approach.

Everybody was either out doing god knows what or sleeping. Why am I the one stuck coordinating, running the radio and basically doing jack squat. Garen is going to keep planning things that minimize the danger to me. I know it’s not that he doesn’t think I can do things, he’s just being protective, but damnit! I know I’m not up for a twenty-mile force march or wind sprints but I can still do quite a bit.

I went down to the workshop to see what Garen was working on. The maps on the wall is a great idea. I had a bunch more notes to add. I also added a couple of city maps and as many notes for roadways in and out. I started to figure out a couple potential routes to the Center. I don’t quite understand why Garen needs to go there but I might have a few better ideas for that trip.

I know he wanted Kara and I to be the rescue force but that doesn’t make as much sense. If there needs to be a sudden rescue force, they need to be able to move fast and unencumbered. If Garen and I go to the Center, I can do the driving since its all mostly paved routes. I’ve studied the roads and such the most so I would also be the best for finding our way there. This is all after we figured out and collected Kara and Allyson from whatever their detour was.

To go support and retrieve them, I have started prepping my gear a bit more. I’m figuring that if they need rescuing, they will need more than just one guy on a bike. That means four-wheel driving, and I can do that, ribs be damned. If they don’t need rescued, then I already have my gear ready for the run to the Center.

Maybe he can explain or show me what’s so important that we need to go there for. After we are done there, we need to get back here and get this place squared away for the potential issues to come.

I can’t just watch and wait while they go out and do. I’ve spent too many years getting too much skills and knowledge to sit on the bench. If something happened to one of them, I’ll keep second guessing what I could have done different if I was there. We don’t have the bodies for me to just sit on radio watch. I don’t have the temperament for it either.

Thanks

Dosadi
    Dosadi

III

My family & clan are my country.

Thank you for today's double dose. Keep writing, please!

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsman View Post
    Thank you for today's double dose. Keep writing, please!
    Amen!

“Pickle”

A split second after the word was out of Allyson’s mouth, the left-hand guy’s head exploded like a ripe melon off a freeway overpass. Before the sound and spray registered on the right-hand guy’s brain, he was hit with sledgehammer blows to the back of his thighs, shattering the bones and dropping him to the forest floor screaming. A three-round burst of 10mm in each does that.

Allyson rushed forward and pulled the rifle away from the screaming guy. She then rolled him over and yanked his hands and arms behind his back. By then, Kara had closed the distance and handed her some cord to tie up his hands. Kara then put tourniquets on both legs. They couldn’t have their source of information bleeding out too fast. He had questions to answer.

“Hey, pop over there and see who’s under the tarp while I get all set with this guy.”

Allyson said nothing. She was still getting used to being this close with death showing up so suddenly. She moved over to the tarp. As she approached, she could smell the blood, and fluids, and the very start of decomp even before she pulled back the tarp. What she saw made her blood boil. She jogged back over to Kara.

“You have your cell on you? Or a camera? I need pics, explain later. We need to move.”

Kara dug in her pocket and hauled out her phone for Allyson.

Allyson noted that whatever Kara had done with him, he was now a bit quieter. She took Kara’s phone over to the bodies. She had watched the crime techs enough on top of needing enough photos for her own investigations. She had to hurry, they needed to get out of here.

“I got what we need over here, what’s next?”

“Ok, rummage the pockets of the other one and bring their Suburban over here. We will load them up and get out of here. We need a quieter place to have our discussions with this one.”

Allyson found the keys in the dead guy’s pocket. She drove the SUV over next to the two bodies on the ground. They collected the rifles, a pair of pistols and the two bodies, one living and one dead. The Dead guy went into the SUV, the live guy was strapped across the hood of the Hyena like a dead deer, so Kara had a constant eye on him as they drove off, deeper into the forest.

Deep in the hills, far from the picnic grounds and the hiking trails, Kara and Allyson rolled up to an old mine site. Kara used tools from the Hyena to cut the chains on the gate blocking the entrance. They drove the SUV deep into the mine entrance, followed by the Hyena. Kara figured this would give them some privacy for the questions they needed to ask. The mine would also prevent anything like OnStar or Lojack from finding the SUV. For all appearances, these guys drove away, never to be seen again.

Loving this story!!! Thanks! Moar please...

Lili

Thank you, like Lake Lili said, loving this story. Oh and moar please.

Thank you. Now read for a nice long Monday read!

CCG,

Think the questioning will produce results....

Thanks for the chapter....

Texican....

This mine was larger than expected from the outside. They were able to get both vehicles fully inside a short distance. There came a point however, the passageway narrows and branched in two directions. This is where they stopped the vehicles. They left the alive guy tied up on the hood of the hyena while they carried the dead guy down the larger side tunnel. Their headlamps sparkled off the rock walls. After what seemed like forever to Allyson they came to a point where Kara had them stop.

“Be careful. Don’t go past the bucket.”

Allyson turned and looked where Kara was pointing. Just beyond, the tunnel seemed to drop off into absolute nothingness. The floor was gone. She looked closer and realized it was a vertical shaft cut deeper , going straight down. On the roof of the tunnel was the remains of some old rope and pulls systems.

“Kara, how far does that go down?”

“I’m not sure. Bekka brought me here and we explored quite a bit. There is at least two more levels of tunnels below us. The one just below us is still dry and searchable. There is at least one more lower than that but its flooded and we didn’t bring scuba gear to check it or to see how much farther this shaft goes down past the one we could see in the water, but it seemed to go deeper. A glow stick we dropped went completely out of sight but that may be due to silt, debris or current pushing it into a side shaft.”

“Ok, miss, pop quiz. Why do bodies float?”

Allyson knew this one.

“Decomp creates gasses , the gasses build up and they cause them to bob to the surface when enough gas builds up.”

“Right, so how do we prevent the body from floating to the surface?”
    “The normal way is to weight it down with enough stuff to overcome the gas.” Allyson didn’t realize there would be a test.

“What’s the main problem with that?”

“I don’t have concrete in my go bag?” Quipped Allyson.

“Good point, but the one I was after was if you find a body or a skeleton with weights tied to it, then its intentional. If you just find a body, its maybe an accident.”

“Ok, so how do you deal with the float factor?” The cop part of Allyson was in disbelief with the whole conversation.

“What we do is eliminate the integrity of the main compartments that can hold gases.” Kara drew out a long thin knife from her waist. She then proceeded to open up the guys shirt, exposing his chest.

“We know the chest has three different main air holding points, the pleural spaces and the mediastinum,” she indicated with the tip of her knife. “Then we have the abdominal cavity and the retroperatineal spaces and the bladder. If we vent most of those main spaces, the body cannot obtain enough positive lift to bring it to the surface. We make the cuts big enough that the flesh doesn’t reseal, we leave the clothes on so intestines and such don’t slither out, and to help speed the sinking, we add some large rocks to weight him down but we put them inside the abdomen so after the flesh is gone, it just sits there like a fallen rock, many dislodged when he ‘fell’ in” Kara finished her presentation with a flourish, like she was selling dishwashing soap on TV.

“You know, Kara, you ****ing scare me. It all makes good technical sense, it should work, and you ****ing scare me because of it.” Allyson was shaking her head. She looked up at Kara and smiled. “Who’s cutting and who’s gathering rocks?”

Garen woke up a couple hour after dawn. He could smell coffee, and bacon, and he could hear some music from downstairs. He first went to the coffee, he needed the caffeine. After getting a big mug poured he went downstairs to the workshop where he found Bekka scribbling on the Lexan and jotting notes on a roll of butcher paper she had out on the workbench.

“Morning”

Bekka looked up from her notes and went right into what he realized was a turnover briefing.

“Ok, first, no further contact with our wayward children. They have another six hours to go before we move into lost contact mode. For now we stay listen, not ping. Last I checked, Angelique was sacked out in the spare bedroom. You found the coffee. There is about two and a half pounds of chopped and cooked bacon upstairs for sandwiches. The tomatoes are already in the fridge, we still have mozzarella and basalmic in the fridge as well. Don’t use all the basil, its growing slow. Now, more importantly, I have two, two main points. If they need rescued, that’s a two person job, PERIOD. My gear is ready, The Subaru is ready. Depending on how far and with that we could take the truck instead. Item two, I’ve been doing some thinking , you know, as I’ve been sitting on my ass while you three have been having all the fun, and I have a modification to the trip to the Center. You and I are the initial team. I planned the routes, and with the roads mainly paved, we can role down there. If there needs to be a rescue, Kara and Allyson can swoop in. I’m spent. I’m going to shower and catch some rest so I will be ready if they need us. Come wake me if they don’t call in by the lost contact deadline. I’ll be up sooner but, just in case. Questions?”

“I take it you feel up to this?

“I will not be benched on the sidelines while all I love put in danger. My skills, knowledge and experience is needed. We don’t have the manpower to park me on the injured list doing nothing.”

“You know its just because you were hurt…….”

“And you wanted to protect me. I get that, but we protect each other. Just like downrange, we do this together. We got ourselves through those times, we will get through these.” She leaned up and kissed him to take some of the sting but none of the directive nature out of her words. “The radio’s over there,” pointing to the other bench.”There’s a bunch more on the maps for you to read. See you in a little while.” She walked out of the room and up the stairs.

Garen heard the shower kick on. He was lost in thought, reevaluating his actions in the light of Bekka’s statements. She was right, he had been trying to keep her safe. She was just as capable as Kara and himself, some ways better, some ways not as good, but the three of them were really fairly balance. With the addition of Allyson, they were even more well rounded.

He spent the next three hours reading her notes and adding to them, he studied the notes on the forest, trying to think of rally points, choke points to peel off pursuers, and in general trying to get smarter on the area. He had to now treat his home and surrounding terrain with the same focus, intensity and mindset as he did at any deployed location. He also was keeping an ear out for Angelique. She should be up soon.

Kara and Allyson moved back to the vehicles after completing their work with the body. He appeared to have passed out from the pain of all the banging and bouncing while riding on the hood tubes of the Hyena. Kara spun him around so his head was lower than the rest of his body. The movement jarred him awake.

“Who the **** are you guys? What do you want? I need a hospital! AAGH!”

His questions stopped suddenly when Kara tapped one of the exposed bone ends.

“We will ask the questions, You will stay quiet unless you are answering our questions.”

“I’m not telling you anything, ****! Get me a doctor!”

He was wrong. Kara knew all the mechanics of ‘mechanical interrogation . She even had been on the receiving end. She did the physical work, Allyson did the questioning. They didn’t want to use pain, that would just shut him down. Instead they used two small bottles of water, and to make sure, the third was some diesel from the Suburban. Allyson wrote five pages of notes. In the end he answered every question they asked. When they were sure they had gotten everything they wanted from him, it was time to leave him.

Kara violently tapped his shattered bones until he passed out. They then dragged him to the shaft. Kara took off the tourniquets on his legs. Allyson broke his elbows backwards. They then pushed him over the edge. They heard him hit the water. Neither looked over the edge, nor looked back.

“ATC, Badger 51”

“ATC, Badger 51”

“Badger 51, ATC, go”

Kara was a little surprised to hear Garen answering instead of Bekka. On the plus side it meant he was back. Good.

“ATC, Badger 51 pushing off to the west gateway approach from the east if the pattern isn’t full.”

Garen did some quick calculations and looked at the maps on the wall. Coming in from that direction was the same way he had come in the night before. It was fast but it was out in the open, especially in daylight. He would need to get an overwatch on the road at the top of the hill outside the compound to make sure they were not followed, and an alternate plan and route into the house if they were followed so they could appear to escape and lead any pursuers way if there are too many to stop. The second one would need to pull overwatch on the gate to stop anyone who makes it past the one on the crest. All of this takes time to set up. He needed Bekka so they could work this and quickly.

“Badger 51, Gateway approach is possible depending on ETA.”

“Teatime.”

“That should work, Will advise with any updates”

Garen had to go wake up Bekka. They had a lot to work though and not a lot of time.
    Last edited by ComCamGuy; 10-22-2019 at 07:57 AM.

Thank you. A nice long read for lunchtime.

Garen had to go wake up Bekka. They had a lot to work though and not a lot of time.

Now just what could go wrong....

Thanks CCG for the chapter....

TExican....

Thank you! Love the story layout and can't wait for more.....

CCG, great story and appreciate the new chapters, Thanks!!

Loved the story!
    I broke my own rule about not reading stories in progress. Read too many great ones that never got finished. I hope someone picks this up and carries it forward.

Was out of the country, will continue very soon (a day or so at the most)

Quote Originally Posted by ComCamGuy View Post
    That is good....

Texican....

Thanks for the update. I was starting to get withdrawal symptoms!

Angelique was sitting in the living room. The house was quiet, quite a contrast from not long ago. She was having a sandwich when Garen came bounding up from the basement. He darted into their bedroom and less than a minute later he and Bekka came running out and back down to the basement. A few minutes later, Bekka came up and Told her that she and Garen had to go out and cover the team’s arrival and they would be back soon. She left her a radio to hear what was going on, and a pistol in case she ended up needing it before they returned.

Angelique was trying to put her mind in order for her future. She had to know for sure what happened to her father and grandfather. For even that alone, she couldn’t run away back to the east coast. Before the quake, she was preparing to tell her mother she wasn’t coming back, she was staying here with her father. She had grown to hate the city life and all the useless social climbing and trappings her mother’s world required. She had originally started the whole “back to nature” thing to piss off her mother. She knew it would get under her skin since so much of it was things like her father would do. She studied all things ecology and wilderness living. She studied the lives and methods of the pioneers. She then started going deeper. As her mother pushed back and was more and more irritated, she showed her true colors more and more. As she drove Angelique away more and more, Angelique found she really liked the whole study of the wilderness and survival things. She craved the time in the woods she could spend with her dad. She watched every survival show she could find. Les, and Bear, and Matt and Cody, and Creek, all were a better, more honest companion than her socialite mother. The two-week summer vacations were always over too fast, and her mother balked and procrastinated and fought back at letting her spend the time with her father. Her mother was always bad mouthing and taking shots at her father. Angelique was tired of it.

She had finally convinced her father to let her come live with him full time. She was ecstatic. Then came the quake and the cascade of unending crap that seemed to follow it. Now her Father and Grandfather are probably dead, her Grandmother as well. She was on the run, teamed up with some people who she only knew from her father talking. If it weren’t for the worry about their fate, she would almost call this fun, as it was, all she could think about is destroying the men who took him away from her.
    Last edited by ComCamGuy; 10-29-2019 at 09:37 AM.

Thank you for writing a chapter so quickly! Hopefully they got enough info in the mine to help defend their home area. New tribe members, new advisaries, and they still haven't made the trip back to the city. Interesting reading coming up.

Quick question, anybody know why the pics I posted earlier on this page don't show up now? Ive checked with IE, Chrome, Edge?

Did I violate something or ???

Quick question, anybody know why the pics I posted earlier on this page don't show up now? Ive checked with IE, Chrome, Edge?

Did I violate something or ???
    The pics of the girls are still there for me is that what you are talking about?
    I've got my duck taped now what???
    God Bless
    MawMaw

I see your pictures in posts 487, 488, and 493. Nice looking ones at that.

Must be a change to the damn gov computer system. Nevermind, I'll carry on