Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

HEALTH Wasp spray on rise as meth alternative in West Virginia
+ Reply to Thread

18 Wasp spray on rise as meth alternative in West Virginia

https://www.ajc.com/news/national/wa...YgmEeSWa82gbP/

By Ann Smajstrla, Cox Media Group National Content Desk

MADISON, W.VA. ó
    West Virginia State Police said residents have begun using wasp spray as an alternative form of meth, and that the new drug contributed to three recent overdoses.

Police told WCHS-TV Monday that they're seeing an uptick in the drug trend.

"We're seeing this here on the streets in Boone County," Sgt. Charles Sutphin said. "People are making a synthetic type methamphetamine out of wasp spray."

Wasp spray can be abused with methamphetamine or by itself to generate a "rush," feelings of deja vu and a hallucinatory sense of smell, according to a 2018 ABC News report. It can be sprayed onto meth or crystallized on hot metal sheets to be inhaled or injected.
    The drug is most dangerous when it's inhaled.

The active ingredient in pesticides is a class of molecules known as pytheroids, ABC News reported. This is deadly to insects. In humans, pytheroids block normal nerve signaling and cause abnormal sensations. In worse cases, they cause seizures or paralysis.

"From what we're being told, if you use it, you know, you might use it one or twice and be fine. But the third time, when your body hits that allergic reaction, it can kill you," Sutphin said.
    Wasp spray played a role in at least three recent overdoses in Boone County, West Virginia, police said. On Friday, stores in the area reported selling nearly 30 cans of the spray.

State police are working to determine the best treatment for wasp spray and to inform the public of this trend.
    Be Safe

To kill the vampires you must lead them into the light.

They will come for you next !

WTH?

THAT IS "F"ing INSANE!

What in the hell are people thinking? Why are they so bent of self destruction? This isn't crazy it flippen INSANE!
    We have done so much, with so little, for so long....We can now do anything, with nothing, forever.

To clarify

Wasp spray played a role in at least three recent overdoses suicides in Boone County, West Virginia, police said.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

deleted
    "You are allowed to be disappointed but not surprised"

Going to be like trying to buy some sudafed now. Going to have to show ID, only one can at a time, need a store manager to unlock it, sign for it, etc.

Tide Pods are so passe.

Dobbin
    I hinnire propter hoc ecce ego

The sad thing is that you just can't stop STUPID! No laws, rules, signs, commercials, nothing stops Stupid people from doing stupid things.

We have done so much, with so little, for so long....We can now do anything, with nothing, forever.

Attached Images

First time hearing about this, it seems there is no limits to stupid.

Tell us again how the War on Drugs (tm) is working so well!

You aren't EVER going to "fix" these addicts, and it doesn't matter how many laws you pass, how many restrictiins you place on the purchase of legal products, or how many times you arrest them for possession... only a complete spiritual conversion (which still may not be enough) or death from OD or "accidental" poisoning through ingestion of products any sane person would understand can be fatal is ever going to stop them.

But complete legalization (including selling "pure" forms in legitimate, measured doses) will take care of most of the hopeless addicts in the first month. And those who truly want to get clean can ask for help without the fear of ending up in legal trouble which will screw their lives up even if they can get clean and sober.

Wasp spray... Good GOD! What truly pathetic, desperate people...

Summerthyme

C'mon you guys know huffing has been around for literally decades. I remember when I was real little (and i'm in my 50s) they used to freak out about the glue and paste. Then it was spray paint. Rich kids could get laughing gas. Freon is more recent but still a couple of decades out of date. Any kind of aerosol and a plastic bag = instant high.
    Find my free fiction stories here.

"Isnít it interesting that the same people who laugh at science fiction listen to weather forecasts and economists?Ē - Kelvin R. Throop III

Library paste
    Good shit, man!
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Itís a real pisser when your belief system gets T-boned by reality.
    Iím not afraid of dying...I just donít want to be there!
    ...sell your cloak, and buy a sword...Second Amendment 1.0

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy in FL View Post
    C'mon you guys know huffing has been around for literally decades. I remember when I was real little (and i'm in my 50s) they used to freak out about the glue and paste. Then it was spray paint. Rich kids could get laughing gas. Freon is more recent but still a couple of decades out of date. Any kind of aerosol and a plastic bag = instant high.
    They even make locking service caps for A/C units now.

The guy who first started me in the trade had a unit at a store with a leak he just couldn't find. This went on for a few weeks .....'til they found a dead kid behind the store with the service caps off and a plastic bag.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Quote Originally Posted by Macgyver View Post
    ^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy in FL View Post
    Of course with this stuff they're going straight for the nerve gas derivatives.....thank God for laser printers, else it would take forever to keep up with the demand for formal Darwin Awards....

If you just let them do their thing, it will be over before you know it.

Problem solved.
    It isn't the job of our government to take care of you, but to create and maintain the environment in which you can take care of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by energy_wave View Post
    If you just let them do their thing, it will be over before you know it.

Problem solved.
    It's when they half ass it and end up in the ER and cost us all money and labor that I have a problem with such fools....

Wasp spray on rise as meth alternative in West Virginia
    Darwin never rests.

So they dry the wasp spray on hot metal, then shoot up the crystals the wasp spray leaves??
    And they don't see a problem with that????
    I'm speechless.

Unbelievable. I usually make sure I'm down wind and hold my breath when using anything like that.

Now some idiot is going to ban wasp spray.

That crap is a freaking nerve agent. Good luck with that, losers.

Quote Originally Posted by WalknTrot View Post
    That crap is a freaking nerve agent. Good luck with that, losers.
    I'm not a druggie, but isn't meth something like that also? It sure does seem to have the same effect.

Grapevine is in over drive...sigh...told a friend...better get a couple cans because it'll be the next thing to disappear from store shelves just like red devil lye... especially with the stupidly going on seeing who can do the dumbest thing n become a media sensation...especially since there's apparently been enough drug busts to hurt the supply chain given this crap...friend suddenly stopped laughin... snort
    It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare.- Mark Twain

Not pytheroids, pyrethroids! Ignorant.
    Reality cannot be seen through the lens of Marxism.

Freedom and government-imposed equality are mutually exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury3 View Post
    Unbelievable. I usually make sure I'm down wind and hold my breath when using anything like that.
    Hmmm! I usually stand up wind and spray downwind.
    "The misfortune of many is the consolation of fools" Ancient proverb

Quote Originally Posted by cleobc View Post
    Not pytheroids, pyrethroids! Ignorant.
    Thanks for correcting that, it was bothering me.