Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

GUNS/RLTD ATF redefines what a pistol is...
+ Reply to Thread

ATF redefines what a pistol is...

https://princelaw.files.wordpress.co...e_redacted.pdf

I have no idea how to post the article here. The whole pdf thing is eluding me so if someone could post the contents that would be great. Itís about a page and a half long.

I encountered it from this YouTube video
    https://youtu.be/Epcfx5WdVtc

Sorry for all the links. Wouldnít have posted if I didnít think it was important.

They are not redefining a “pistol”. They are clarifying someone’s question concerning length measurement of a pistol when equipped with a stabilizing brace when that brace is equipped to fold or telescope. No panic ....yet

Bureau of
    Assholes
    Taking
    Firearms
    Exponentially
    I would remind you the extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! Also let me remind you that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue. Barry Goldwater

There comes a time when even the common man must spit on his hands, raise the black flag and begin slitting throats. H.L. Mencken

As I understand it, the big deal is that you don't want to get caught with a vertical fore grip on something classified as a pistol.
    Was known as dairyfarmer but sold the cows.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackpine Savage View Post
    As I understand it, the big deal is that you don't want to get caught with a vertical fore grip on something classified as a pistol.
    Yeah, ‘cause then that pistol would be so much more deadly!

(Sarc not directed at you, Jackpine)

Jut a question of how many hoops they can make you jump through to try and stay legal, and how many legal snares they can set for yo if you mess up.

You are grist for their mill.
    The wonder of our time isnít how angry we are at politics and politicians; itís how little weíve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

At that point I believe the ATF classifies it as an AOW.

I think it goes back to 1930's where a gunsmith to the gangs created a full auto 1911 with a vertical fore grip.

http://www.guns.com/news/2012/09/26/...machine-pistol

And whatever you do not shoulder the brace.
    Matthew 13:49 So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just, and shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post
    https://princelaw.files.wordpress.co...e_redacted.pdf

I have no idea how to post the article here. The whole pdf thing is eluding me so if someone could post the contents that would be great. It’s about a page and a half long.

I encountered it from this YouTube video
    https://youtu.be/Epcfx5WdVtc

Sorry for all the links. Wouldn’t have posted if I didn’t think it was important.
    BATFECES is really something that trump could lock in a ton of votes by just shutting it down and firing everyone with a no rehire / xfer rule.

Heck I might even campaign for him for that happening, but has to happen, not just be talk, talk's cheap.

It's a toss up between IRS EPA DEA and Batfeces but I think I"d like them all gone
    Dosadi

III

My family & clan are my country.

Yes. And it has been this way for decades.

The only thing "New" is some one tried to put one on an AR "Pistol" Then measure the length with the "Brace" pulled back, and tried to get the ATF to say it was legal. They called BS on it and said the length had to be measured at the receiver extension AKA buffer tube as a start point, not where the guy moved the brace AKA stock back to.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaken1 View Post
    And whatever you do not shoulder the brace.
    At this point in time, you can probably put the brace on your shoulder, until F Troop changes its mind again. Which is why everyone is getting one.

This may help. RT 5 +

"Wise Men Still Seek Him"-bumper sticker

"Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other."-John Adams
    ďThe rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own...."- Jeff Cooper, Art of the Rifle

Quote Originally Posted by Dosadi View Post
    BATFECES is really something that trump could lock in a ton of votes by just shutting it down and firing everyone with a no rehire / xfer rule.

Heck I might even campaign for him for that happening, but has to happen, not just be talk, talk's cheap.

It's a toss up between IRS EPA DEA and Batfeces but I think I"d like them all gone
    INDEED good suh - FLOCK THEM - every last one says I
    "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9 (NKJV)

III

Raging Deplorable - we do NOT forget; we do NOT forgive; we are LEGION

The ATF is something that Trump has used to further his agenda. (whatever that agenda may be) He will do so again in the near future. He will not get rid of it!
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    ó Robert Heinlein

At this point in time, you can probably put the brace on your shoulder, until F Troop changes its mind again. Which is why everyone is getting one.
    It looks like a fourth letter was issued indicating it is okay to shoulder a pistol brace without redesigning the pistol into a short barreled rifle.

http://www.ammoland.com/2017/04/atf-...arm-brace-use/
    Matthew 13:49 So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just, and shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaken1 View Post
    It looks like a fourth letter was issued indicating it is okay to shoulder a pistol brace without redesigning the pistol into a short barreled rifle.

http://www.ammoland.com/2017/04/atf-...arm-brace-use/
    So, what do they do? Send a 'letter' out every other day??
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
    ó Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by sunny225 View Post
    So, what do they do? Send a 'letter' out every other day??
    They reply to 'questions' from manufacturers, gun owners, etc.