Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

CRIME Rattlesnake and radioactive uranium (& open bottle of cheap whiskey) found during Oklahoma traffic stop
+ Reply to Thread

Rattlesnake and radioactive uranium (& open bottle of cheap whiskey) found during Oklahoma traffic stop

GUTHRIE, Okla. - Two people were arrested in Oklahoma after police stopped a stolen car and found a rattlesnake, radioactive uranium, and an open bottle of Kentucky Deluxe, according to KFOR.

Stephen Jennings is charged with possession of a stolen vehicle, transporting an open container of liquor, operating a vehicle with a suspended license, and failure to carry security verification form. Rachael Rivera is charged with possession of a firearm after a former felony conviction.

The traffic stop was made at 11 a.m. in a Guthrie neighborhood because the tag was expired. Jennings was in the driver's seat and Rivera was in the passenger seat. Police said a Timber rattlesnake inside a terrarium was in the backseat.

While Jennings was informing officers he had a gun in the console, police learned the vehicle had been reported stolen.

"So now he's got a rattlesnake, a stolen vehicle, firearm, and somebody under arrest," said Guthrie Police Sgt. Anthony Gibbs.

Police also found an open bottle of Kentucky Deluxe next to the gun. During a search of the vehicle, officers found a canister of radioactive powdered uranium.

"When that happens of course, we call in a company that deals with that specifically and it's taken safely into possession," Sgt. Gibbs said. "The uranium is the wild card in that situation."

Police are still working to determine why the suspects had uranium in the vehicle. Officers also said there were no charges related to the rattlesnake.

"It happens to be rattlesnake season at the time, so he can be in possession of this rattlesnake because he has a valid lifetime hunting and fishing license," Sgt. Gibbs said.

https://fox61.com/2019/07/11/rattles...-traffic-stop/

And you thought "carjacking with a snake and crashing a pole vaulting contest" was a helluva topic.
    Proud Infidel...............and Cracker

Member: Nowski Brigade

Deplorable

Note to self - uranium trumps rattlesnake.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

AFAIAC the only good rattlesnake is a DEAD one.
    Thus let me live, unseen, unknown; thus unlamented let me die; steal from the world, and not a stone tell where I lie.

The best place to be in the event of a nuclear explosion is anywhere you can say: "what the hell was that!?!"
    ><>
    Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions.

Men are NOT interested in what God has to say - but what they would rather believe themselves (shamelessly stolen from INVAR).
    <><
    "...no one can jump into the arms of God.
    Oh, no. You have to fall."

I am suspecting the vehicles owner may have some explaining.
    Official TB2K Comedy Relief ; I resemble that remark! ; Aloha Snackbar; Nuke a Gay Whale For Christ and other Political Incorrectness
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.
    I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it. FRA

Quote Originally Posted by Meadowlark View Post
    I know, right?

Why would ANYBODY drink, "Kentucky Deluxe"?

Deplorable

And you thought "carjacking with a snake and crashing a pole vaulting contest" was a helluva topic.

Hey, maybe they were looking to trade up for a better stolen car.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Officer, I pulled the gun on the snake, he coiled around and threw the hot rock at me, he offered an apology, we drank his cheap whiskey, and he asked me to drive him home in his ride. Honestly, I didn’t know it wasn’t his car.

Anyone know exactly what powdered uranium is used for and how radioactive it is?
    But not likely to die free

Quote Originally Posted by L.A.B. View Post
    Officer, I pulled the gun on the snake, he coiled around and threw the hot rock at me, he offered an apology, we drank his cheap whiskey, and he asked me to drive him home in his ride. Honestly, I didn’t know it wasn’t his car.
    That's pretty good. You could put that to music and make a video.

I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison... '
    If Coe could do it?
    Don't be dismayed by goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends. --Richard Bach

Quote Originally Posted by Meadowlark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Millwright View Post
    I know, right?

People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

and failure to carry security verification form.

[/I]
    What the heck is going on in Oklahoma?!

Shadow
    "18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness… 21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened… 24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts…" Romans 1:18-32

I know, right?

Maybe these two would:

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker22 View Post
    That's pretty good. You could put that to music and make a video.

I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison... '
    If Coe could do it?
    That's when I discovered that's legit a song.

"You Never Call Me Even By My Name", David Allan Coe, 5:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYIrs1Dx4Ck

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    What the heck is going on in Oklahoma?!

Shadow
    Security verification form is otherwise known as proof of current auto insurance.

Here's one of the perps, he looks like he'd do such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Walrus Whisperer View Post
    AFAIAC the only good rattlesnake is a DEAD one.
    I've heard they go well breaded and fried.

RR
    Survival and Austere Medicine: An Introduction - 2nd and 3rd Editions Contributing author and editor

Get your FREE copy of the 3rd edition here:NNPG Download Site

Reddit AustereMedicine/

Quote Originally Posted by 1911user View Post
    Security verification form is otherwise known as proof of current auto insurance.
    Thanks. Leave it to a bureaucrat to call it something other than what it is!

Shadow
    "18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people, who suppress the truth by their wickedness… 21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened… 24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts…" Romans 1:18-32

Used in minute quantities in "sputtering" or giving window glass a thin sun reflective film, used to be mixed in with glazes to coat Fiesta ware cookware with, and sometimes a catalyst component in the fuel refining industry.
    In the amounts used in those industries, it's not much above background radiation levels in terms of radioactivity.
    What they had couldn't have been used for a dirty bomb, uranium needs enrichment for that use.

Need to order some of this? Or other isotopes? Or whatever element you desire? Just contact this company-seems they have everything under the sun (and materials to make liquid sunshine) available. Just put in a pricing request and get it delivered........
    Seriously though-YIKES!

https://www.americanelements.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BornFree View Post
    Anyone know exactly what powdered uranium is used for and how radioactive it is?
    Last edited by AlfaMan; 07-11-2019 at 07:40 PM. Reason: added link

Quote Originally Posted by Blacknarwhal View Post
    That's when I discovered that's legit a song.

"You Never Call Me Even By My Name", David Allan Coe, 5:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYIrs1Dx4Ck

There ya go- see what you learn on the Internet?
    Don't be dismayed by goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends. --Richard Bach

Powdered uranium might be "yellowcake" - which is middle point of uranium in concentration.

You could be short term exposed without hazard, but inhalation might eventually kill you similarly to silicosis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellowcake

The uranium in yellowcake is almost exclusively (>99%) U-238, with very low radioactivity. U-238 has an extremely long half-life, over 4 billion years, meaning that it emits radiation at a slow rate. This stage of processing is before the more radioactive U-235 is concentrated, so by definition, this stage of uranium has the same radioactivity as it did in nature when it was underground, as the proportions of isotopes are at their native relative concentration. Despite its long radioactive half-life, it has a shorter biological half-life, 15 days.[4] Yellowcake is as radiologically harmless as natural potassium-carrying minerals or thorium-oxide mantles used in paraffin fuel lanterns.[5]
    Dobbin
    I hinnire propter hoc ecce ego

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker22 View Post
    There ya go- see what you learn on the Internet?
    It's amazing, 'tis.

Quote Originally Posted by L.A.B. View Post
    Maybe he was going fishing?

I went fishing this morning but after a short time I ran out of worms.

Then I saw a cottonmouth with a frog in its mouth.

Frogs are good bass bait.

Knowing the snake couldn’t bite me with the frog in its mouth, I grabbed it right behind the head, took the frog, and put it in my bait bucket.

Now the dilemma was how to release the snake without getting bit. So, I grabbed my bottle of Jack Daniels and poured a little whiskey in its mouth. Its eyes rolled back, and it went limp.

I released the snake into the lake without incident and carried on fishing, using the frog.

Not long after, I felt a nudge on my foot. It was that dang snake… with two more frogs.

Deplorable

Maybe he was going fishing?

I went fishing this morning but after a short time I ran out of worms.

Then I saw a cottonmouth with a frog in its mouth.

Frogs are good bass bait.

Knowing the snake couldn’t bite me with the frog in its mouth, I grabbed it right behind the head, took the frog, and put it in my bait bucket.

Now the dilemma was how to release the snake without getting bit. So, I grabbed my bottle of Jack Daniels and poured a little whiskey in its mouth. Its eyes rolled back, and it went limp.

I released the snake into the lake without incident and carried on fishing, using the frog.

Not long after, I felt a nudge on my foot. It was that dang snake… with two more frogs.

Guy sounds like a real, no shit, prepper.
    ready for anything
    Consider the ravens, for they neither sow nor reap, which have neither storehouse nor barn; and God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than a pesky raven?
    It is difficult to stand idly by and watch the vacuum of ignorance being filled with lies

It's stories like this that keep me coming back to TB2K!

I'm impressed the officers recognized the mineral as radioactive. Do they carry Geiger counters? Must be a legacy of Karen Silkwood.

Quote Originally Posted by Delta View Post
    I'm impressed the officers recognized the mineral as radioactive. Do they carry Geiger counters? Must be a legacy of Karen Silkwood.
    The plant where that happened is just up the road from Guthrie.

I drive by it occasionally, my Nukealert doesn't go off tho.

Deplorable

What is surprising to me about this is that, nowhere in this article, or the headline, do I see the expression, "Florida Man."
    Somewhere in the clouds, Your peak is shining, Have courage and go
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc_cqbxF0cg

Rattlesnake and radioactive uranium (& open bottle of cheap whiskey) found during Oklahoma traffic stop

To quote Bill Murray in Stripes "I want to party with you dude(s)". For the humor challenged that's a joke.
    All love is unrequited-Cmdr. Susan Ivanova //Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave. - Capt. Mal remember boys and girls ATFTRAF I used to run with giants, now I wait to be zombie road kill.