Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

FOOD Peanut Butter Shortage? Super WalMart Shelves are Bare
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I went by a local walmart at lunch. They had good stock of most peanut butter, but were running low on extra-crunch Jif (my precious!). I bought a few of the small and medium jars just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911user View Post
    I went by a local walmart at lunch. They had good stock of most peanut butter, but were running low on extra-crunch Jif (my precious!). I bought a few of the small and medium jars just in case.
    I had to settle for smooth store brand in the large jars, but can grind peanuts and stir in as needed. Make do or do without, I guess.
    Don't be dismayed by goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends. --Richard Bach

No shortages on anything I normally buy at either Fareway or HyVee (where I get gourmet cheese and loss leaders). Plenty of good-looking celery at both.

Just wondering what is the shelf life on powdered peanut butter ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    The one I bought from Aldi's yesterday is dated January 2020. It is a heavy plastic pouch and might last longer we think.
    Been reading for years, just now starting to talk.

Walmart here in Central AR has plenty of buns, peanut butter, and celery stocked. No Hebrew National hot dogs though.

Augason Farms Peanut Butter Powder (in a #10 can) is up to 5 years.
    https://www.amazon.com/Augason-Farms...dp/B01NBWPT9S/

The Publix we went to today had plenty of peanut butter. Then we went to Aldi's which had about half as much as usual, although they had even less when we left.

I wonder if its a regional shortage or certain areas or stores just haven't run out of their stock yet.
    Visit my Etsy shop at www.etsy.com/shop/TheCrochetFarm

If we aren't showing love, His love, then what are we doing calling ourselves Christians?

Psalm 73: 25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
    And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
    26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart
    and my portion forever.

unsure what the "oh-fish-ull " shelf life is . . . but I opened a jar of JIF EXTRA CRUNCHY last week that was labelled 8.08 - and it was mmmmmmmm good!!!!!

ETA: I'm having a GIANT TABLESPOON FULL of it right now!!!!
    Last edited by Raggedyman; 07-11-2019 at 07:52 PM.
    "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9 (NKJV)

III

Raging Deplorable - we do NOT forget; we do NOT forgive; we are LEGION

Taco Bell has had a nationwide shortage on soft shells. They won't say why. They won't put a sign up either because they want you to wait in the drive thru line for 20 minutes before you find out that you can't get a burrito, and you waited for nothing. The strategy there is to try and get you to buy something else. But many people are just driving away ticked.
    But not likely to die free

Went to our Walmart today, and maybe all the missing peanut butter was shipped here. They had a full supply of it in the regular spot, and dedicated two endcaps to even more of it.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    "I, YHWH, change not." ~ our Creator

Both the Kroger and HEB nearest to us had plenty of peanut butter today, with quite a variety of brands.

I went to SAMS club yesterday and did not notice any shortages. I did notice prices on some things went up 1.00 or more. Bacon, Coke and sodas in general, butter up 50 cents, I don't remember all the items but I was wondering if we were going through another fall of value of the dollar.

Plenty of Peanut Butter at the Costco in Folsom, CA today.

I did notice the price of Jasmine Rice went up a dollar per 25 pound bag since I was there a few months ago. Also the price for the big package of Kirkland TP went up a dollar also.

Have to ask Jimmy Carter to grow more peanuts.

We haven't seen major holes in the shelves at our local Walmart, but for two months now they do not have alcohol wipes for my diabetic supplies. A long while back I bought one of those old fashioned alcohol dispensers where you pump it up into a cotton ball. It was like $7 at Amazon. I never thought I'd use it willingly, but I've had to. We've expanded the stock of cotton balls and bottles of alcohol. We haven't noticed any other. We haven't check CVS to see if they have the alcohol wipes. We should do that tomorrow.
    I survived Cap's coffee!

Old folks might not like change, but younguns are seldom satisfied!

I saw the signs yesterday at our local WM. They were out of several varieties of canned green beans in all brands. They still had cans of the regular cut green beans but not the French style which is what I use. I had two cases on my list because I've been inclined to get my preps back up to snuff lately and we use a lot of them. We care for my elderly father and that is one of the few foods he will still eat. They were also out of sunflower oil but had no sign.

DH checked for me in another town and found the same signs on the green beans today.

I HATE to shop, but forced myself to go to town today. CVS was my first stop -- got the last two items off the shelf. Receipt printed $3.00 off next purchase of two which expires BEFORE their truck comes in again. So I was frustrated and ticked off at first stop. Next to HyVee (Midwest grocery chain) and stood and waited and waited for produce man to decide if peaches on sale were freestone or clingstone. Couldn't decide so I didn't buy any. Then I went to get some toilet paper that was on sale, shelf was empty, so hunted down a clerk who brought out three packages and three of us waiting so we each got only one and shelf remained empty. Next stop was to be Walmart but I was at the limit of my temper and knew Walmart would put me over the top so skipped them. Aldi next and no problems except they are no longer carrying several items I wanted since their latest update/remodel. Last stop Fareway (another Midwest grocery chain) that had cantaloupe on sale for 88 each - shelf empty. Problem with supplier which if its a Midwest grower crop probably rotted in field from excess rain. Got a rain check. Cottage cheese on sale but shelf empty. At that point I said to myself, forget it so I ended up buying an 88 package of hotdogs and leaving.

HyVee and Fareway are always fully staffed and staff are friendly and helpful. Same at CVS. Aldi staff is always helpful and mostly friendly, but part of their keeping costs down is not to have a huge staff. Walmart is always understaffed although, IF you can find a clerk, they are usually pleasant and helpful. The trick if finding someone!

Went to WM Wednesday, did not notice any holes in shelf displays but, most of the shelves were just fronted. Several items that I picked up had nothing behind them.