Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

FOOD Peanut Butter Shortage? Super WalMart Shelves are Bare
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Peanut Butter Shortage? Super WalMart Shelves are Bare

I went to our Super WalMart here and went to the peanut butter aisle. Not a single jar of peanut butter. Sign hanging up said "due to our inability to get peanut butter from our supplier, no peanut butter will be available from 7/5 - 8/2. Never saw that before. Went down the laundry detergent aisle, and they were completely sold out on name brand detergent like Tide, and All. Never saw that before either. I went to Raley's and they had peanut butter on sale so I bought 1 large jar. Anyone else see anything unusual like this in your area?

Now that you mention it, yes. Anchovies. Wife made dry spaghetti for Sunday dinner, needed some anchovies for it. 4 bucks a can in local Safeway stores, BJ's and Costco were sold out of them this past weekend. She held her nose and bought two cans.
    Our local WalMarts blow through so much grocery items there's always a outage of one thing or another. Recently it was milk and celery of all things on one recent shopping trip.

Sporadic shortages, right now it's hamburger and hotdog buns with the major recall that hit our area. Thanks for the heads up on PB, will buy an extra jar this weekend. I don't always eat PB but when I do look out, OC can go through a half of a jar in one sitting. I like it with slices of apples so tend to eat more in the fall when the local apples are available.
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

Today was the first time in weeks I've been able to buy a decent bag of celery at the grocery store. Usually it's been just a few bunched of soft, bruised, brownish celery that no one seems to want on the shelf.

I seriously believe its a planned thing probably because of the tariffs with China or other.

I have a full pantry and have plenty of PB, hate celery and anchovies. But if I did like them I'd have a supply.

Judy

Sounds like Wally-World is running a lean and mean supply chain. Emphasis is on mean.

After abusing their suppliers for the last 20 years, I'll bet many companies do not want to do any business with them.

I was a buyer for a distributor that sold to Menard's and Sears.

We would not do business with Wally-World because they "age" payment of their supplier invoices beyond 90 days.
    "The most intriguing point for the historian is that where history and legend meet."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who think they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Have not noticed anything here in CT. Of course I have been using the store brand peanut butter from Save-a-Lot for several years so it might be a localized thing in certain areas.
    "Talking is easy and everyone is wise after the event."

Ernest Joyce

Quote Originally Posted by nomifyle View Post
    I seriously believe its a planned thing probably because of the tariffs with China or other.

I have a full pantry and have plenty of PB, hate celery and anchovies. But if I did like them I'd have a supply.

Judy
    I love anchovies that said I use only two jars a year and this is what I have in my pantry at the moment. Love sardines as well.
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

It's probably from coming off that super long 4th weekend. I stopped at our neighborhood regional chain grocery this morning on my way back from an early breakfast meeting in town, and got the story from the checkout gal. She said the weekend was crazy busy all day every day for all four days. They had a few bare spots, too. It's gonna take a week to restock/recover.

Oh gosh, didn't expect to find this on the main. We've been discussing 'holes' on the grocery store shelves on the Grand Solar Minimum thread. Link is below, read backwards a page or two or three....

Thanks to all above for posting this info, no matter what the cause.

http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/showt...05#post7344005

Monday we went to Walmart. No peanut butter. There was also no canned del monte vegetables. There was a sign about shortages.
    I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by packyderms_wife View Post
    Sporadic shortages, right now it's hamburger and hotdog buns with the major recall that hit our area. Thanks for the heads up on PB, will buy an extra jar this weekend. I don't always eat PB but when I do look out, OC can go through a half of a jar in one sitting. I like it with slices of apples so tend to eat more in the fall when the local apples are available.
    I like mine with a spoon. A big spoon.

Wow! That is so weird! Today was shopping day, and Kroger was out of my organic Simple Truth peanut butter as well! Perhaps peanut crops have been having a rough time this year?

Quote Originally Posted by bev View Post
    Me too! Really trying to watch what I eat but by the afternoon I am starting to get hungry so I just have a nice spoonful of PB and it helps!

I just bought PB on Amazon. The morning on 7-4 I went to Smith's and they were out of red onions. A lady was there and she said she had been to 2 Smiths and the 99 cent store and they were all out. Very strange thing to be out of....
    At peace in the arms of Jesus. RIP my love until we meet again.

Being Summer vacation between Independence and Labor Day there could be increased pressure on the peanut butter supply to feed school age kids. Just speculating.

no peanut butter shortages here in assville - bought two double jar packs of jif extra crunchy in the assville Scam's Klub a week ago today - and - they had LOTS of it - both plain and extra crunchy
    "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9 (NKJV)

III

Raging Deplorable - we do NOT forget; we do NOT forgive; we are LEGION

I was wondering what was up, I have a lot of PB stored, but wife wanted a certain kind, so while shopping at walmart today I went looking for it, it was no where to be found however the ONLY PB on the shelves was a very small amount of a brand name and that was it. Shelf was kind of empty as if it had been picked over. Our shelves here never look like that so it was kind of shocking
    Americans used to roar like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security.

You don't have to like the folks in there, you don't have to believe in what they talk about...but you DAMN WELL BETTER TAKE HEED!

There are fantastic, knowledgeable, caring people in this entire site

But the "wacky Q followers" we know stuff that allot of others do not.

We are warning all who have ears to hear....

Get ready NOW! NOW! NOW!

YOU DO NOT HAVE TIME TO DAWDLE.

BUY FOOD.
    BUY SEEDS.
    BUY AMENDMENTS..
    MAKE READY TO BE ON YOUR OWN, COVERING EVERYTHING YOU CAN FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME....THINK OUT AS FAR AS YOU CAN...THEN PUSH FURTHER .

START YOUR RATIONING NOW.

BUY AMMO.

PRAY PRAY PRAY

_________

In Walmart tonight... Shelves with entire areas EMPTY. ALL OVER THE STORE

clothing will be getting scarce also.
    This whole thing is WAY BIGGER than any can imagine.

Global catastrophe
    Famine
    Sickness

Allot of the elderly were walking around mutterring " this is a very bad sign" this is how it began in the depression era.

We don't have the same society as back then.

Venezuela on STEROIDS.

GET IT NOW.

....Or cry later

You have been warned,

Quote Originally Posted by desertvet2 View Post
    You don't have to like the folks in there, you don't have to believe in what they talk about...but you DAMN WELL BETTER TAKE HEED!

Get ready NOW! NOW! NOW!

BUY FOOD.
    BUY SEEDS.
    BUY AMENDMENTS..
    MAKE READY TO BE ON YOUR OWN, COVERING EVERYTHING YOU CAN FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME....THINK OUT AS FAR AS YOU CAN...THEN PUSH FURTHER .

BUY AMMO.

PRAY PRAY PRAY

_________

Global catastrophe
    Famine
    Sickness

Allot of the elderly were walking around mutterring " this is a very bad sign" this is how it began in the depression era.

Venezuela on STEROIDS.

GET IT NOW.

....Or cry later

You have been warned,
    When I saw those shelves today, a bit of panic set in. What rushed through my head was Venezuela and what they are going through. I won't go back to WalMart - it's a Super WalMart. If you walk 3 times around the store, you will have walked a mile, so it isn't a rinky dink store. Over half of the store is food. There was plenty of meat products (I don't buy meat at WalMart). Barbecue sauces were not to be found either. I've got boxes and boxes of canned goods stored away so I didn't pay much attention to those shelves. All for panic to set in is for irresponsible reporting that shortages are about to hit. Remember the shortage of toilet paper scare 20 years ago? The soft drink guy told me that Pepsi runs a tight inventory, they don't want a warehouse full of soft drinks just sitting there. Remember JIT from Y2K? No warehouse at the back of the store, trucks come on a daily basis - at least in Oroville, that's my experience. Another thing to pay attention to is expiration dates on products. I'm a label reader and the product getting close to expiring is always at the front of the shelf. Well, I had that feeling at WalMart.........

Get ready NOW! NOW! NOW!

BUY FOOD.
    BUY SEEDS.
    BUY AMENDMENTS..

BUY AMMO.

PRAY PRAY PRAY

_________

Global catastrophe
    Famine
    Sickness

Venezuela on STEROIDS.

GET IT NOW.

....Or cry later

You have been warned,
    Thank you so much, desertvet2 - excellent and I'm sure heartfelt advice. You are much appreciated....

Went to our local grocery store today. No empties there. What was low was being stocked. And our little town was overrun with tourons this past week with a lot of linger ons still around. It's summer. This is summer playground with lakes and trails to hike and 4 wheel on. At least most of the weekend warriors went on that have places on our private road. Didn't think they would ever park those dang 4 wheelers.........sheesh....... kids with kids on the back running back and forth or a single parent with a small child doing the same thing. I just don't get the thrill of riding a half mile road back and forth for an hour...... is it a speed thing or just fun to drive those noisy, smelly things?

What I do know is they kick up a ton of dust that comes into the house. We worry about our dog running out on the road too. Most of the time there is no traffic and she likes to go across the road into the woods to do her business. Thank God we have a whistle that she responds to.

I hate 4 wheelers and snow machines.......up and down and back and forth and up and down...........for hours and hours........ good grief.......

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.

Proverbs 16:9

I have noticed more empty shelves at WalMart as of late. Wasn’t looking for peanut-butter but some things like the flour section was low or empty. Detergent aisle had a lot of space. Same in can goods.

Would someone please tell me what is going on with the celery. It looks bad, feels bad, and is bad. Have tried several different stores with the same results. Never had a problem buying a bunch of celery before.
    "They wanted to be left alone to face challenges head-on, and to prosper from their own hard work and ingenuity...harsh country tends to produce strong people."-John Erickson

Quote Originally Posted by Bubble Head View Post
    I have noticed more empty shelves at WalMart as of late. Wasn’t looking for peanut-butter but some things like the flour section was low or empty. Detergent aisle had a lot of space. Same in can goods.

Would someone please tell me what is going on with the celery. It looks bad, feels bad, and is bad. Have tried several different stores with the same results. Never had a problem buying a bunch of celery before.
    I think it may be the celery juicers. Supposed new health miracle.

Quote Originally Posted by greysage View Post
    I think it may be the celery juicers. Supposed new health miracle.
    Ok, I can see that. Still the juicers have got to be getting the same slime.
    "They wanted to be left alone to face challenges head-on, and to prosper from their own hard work and ingenuity...harsh country tends to produce strong people."-John Erickson

I was at Aldi's this afternoon...canned vegs .39, dehydrated peanut butter, pineapple chunks .75 (just ate some, they were fine, packed in juice) and I'm thinking tomorrow is going to be shopping. I'm going to pick up flannel, cut it and color code the edges when sewing them to use for tp if we need to. The husband goes through a lot of paper towels while blowing his nose, but I bought 100 men's hankies at an auction recently.

There's a quote from Rocky Horror (and no, I don't recommend that anyone watch that ungodly mess) that says "I grow weary of this world" and that's the truth.

The kids think we're kooks, living in an old house, thinking about all this. I'm sure a lot of you can relate.

Thanks, desertvet, I sent your words to a few folks...maybe they'll listen to you.
    Been reading for years, just now starting to talk.

It is odd that most of these shortages just hit Wal-Mart.

Amazon has all you could ever need. get it Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by bev View Post
    That works too!

The celery thing, if you google it, has to do with celebrities and stars posting on Instagram about their new juice cleanse with celery.

It's just the guy who is in charge of ordering... We have two super walmarts near me and 2 walmart neighborhood markets... They are ALWAYS out of something when I do the weekly shopping...
    Deo adjuvante non timendum - With God Helping, Nothing is to be Feared
    "You are like a pit-bull..." - Dennis Olson
    "No man knows but that the last backward glance over his shoulder may be his last look, forever." - Ernie Pyle Born: 1900 KIA: 1945 Shima, Okinawa

I myself prefer a peanut butter cleanse
    My wife eats peanut butter using celery as a spoon.
    Must be a liberal thing.
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Itís a real pisser when your belief system gets T-boned by reality.
    Iím not afraid of dying...I just donít want to be there!
    ...sell your cloak, and buy a sword...Second Amendment 1.0

I went to Aldi's wed in western NY and had lots of peanut butter. I bought the almond tho, but expensive at almost $5. I eat it on rice cakes. And by the way, i had too much food to bring in the house, so i put the two bags of rice cakes outside by the door. Later when i went to get them in i saw one bag was totally gone and the other bag had a hole in it like an animal took a bite out of the bag. Took the one bag though - carrried it off somewhere. I wonder how they can smell the rice cakes thro the thick plastic bag. Prob. a raccoon. I don't think a possum would do that.

Get ready NOW! NOW! NOW!

BUY FOOD.
    BUY SEEDS.
    BUY AMENDMENTS..

BUY AMMO.

PRAY PRAY PRAY

_________

Global catastrophe
    Famine
    Sickness

Venezuela on STEROIDS.

GET IT NOW.

....Or cry later

You have been warned,
    You mean buy SOIL AMENDMENTS, right?
    Sorry, it's early, and I haven't had enough caffeine for my brain to fully kick in.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    It's just the guy who is in charge of ordering... We have two super walmarts near me and 2 walmart neighborhood markets... They are ALWAYS out of something when I do the weekly shopping...
    Walmart doesn't allow each store to order so everything is done thru the home office. Our stores are always out of something. Recently it took a week for them to get in more distilled water!

Here in the Canada Walmart they have cut back on staff in the month of July because of the holiday times and people going away further north or up to Cottage Country for summer vacation. Most times there is only one person there to unload those trucks they pull the pallets out and get them lined up along the back in the morning staff comes in and starts to unload them. In most Walmarts you can ask a staff member and they will have a tells are handheld machine and they can scan the item you're looking for they can tell you how much they have in stock and when the next shipment is coming in. There can also be at least at the Walmart where I am to trucks at the back the driver will come in he will drop his trailer off he will load up the empty trailer and drive away during our busy times there is always two trailer. I have also read it in the US the Walmart are going to stop the Great Value products. Just some fyi info. I now work as csm at walmart
    Kelee's Krafts...for anyone looking for hand made crafts for DGI,s in mind

http://prepareforfuture2.forumotion....kelee-s-krafts

Probably a delivery issue. We have a huge Walmart distribution center here and I know people who work there, including a grandson. It is a madhouse with semi's coming in and going out 24 hours a day. Ours supplies Walmarts in several states. Almost every product comes in by the semi load. They time their deliveries to arrive about the time they are out of stock and one glitch, truck breaks down, bad weather, driver gets sick, an accident, and they are out of product for a while. They can't keep help. My grandson has worked their a hear and a half and is already in the top 10% of seniority. Pays about $20 an hour.

Get ready NOW! NOW! NOW!

BUY FOOD.
    BUY SEEDS.
    BUY AMENDMENTS..

BUY AMMO.

PRAY PRAY PRAY

_________

Global catastrophe
    Famine
    Sickness

Venezuela on STEROIDS.

GET IT NOW.

....Or cry later

You have been warned,
    I've been watching a lot of youtube videos and the prepper ones are shouting buy food. I've been buying food. And I have stacks and stacks of the lentils and split yellow peas that no one around here wanted. Lol the pigs did not like them, good more for me to store. I've stocked up on seeds of all kinds, got ammo already. Got two generators and keep the fuel for them topped off. Am thinking about buying a couple more RV size propane tanks, I have four and three or four of the grill size. More short term food as well, e ate badly when our power was out for 4 days in May.

Buy food. I'm already well prepped, but I'm still stocking.

Judy

Quote Originally Posted by Marseydoats View Post
    You mean buy SOIL AMENDMENTS, right?
    Sorry, it's early, and I haven't had enough caffeine for my brain to fully kick in.
    Thanks!
    If that's what he means by ammendments, we are doing that too. Two raised beds to start with and the soil and mulch to go in them.

Judy

Get ready NOW! NOW! NOW!

BUY FOOD.
    BUY SEEDS.
    BUY AMENDMENTS..

BUY AMMO.

PRAY PRAY PRAY

_________

Global catastrophe
    Famine
    Sickness

Venezuela on STEROIDS.

GET IT NOW.

....Or cry later

You have been warned,
    DV2, I take it you are in Panhandle of TX and not FL? Here in South TX, this little town is still pretty well stocked. I chose to do my yearly October prep run today- early. I'm not playing with this crap. I was raised by Depression era parents and I know what it means.

This is not then. People are harder and meaner and a lot more heartless now.

I cry literal tears daily thinking what this country could have been. All we can do is answer the questions as truthfully as possible and prep accordingly.

1. What is most important? Buy that immediately.
    2. What do you use the most of?
    3. What are the little things that you rely on? Things like clothespins, tape, matches, etc?
    4. What are the clothes that you live in? Jeans, Tees? Buy more or the material to do so.
    5. Tools. One is none and two is one. Kitchen, sewing, yard, mechanical.

Things are coming unstuck because of nature, cycles and the GSM. Add to that famine, war, sickness. Martinhouse (bless her) said once that she made a store run like it was to be her last. A good frame of mind, I think. If this were your last time, what do you need? NOT want- what do you need?

If you get home and find you have missed a few things, you still have a chance. That window is closing. Choose well.
    Don't be dismayed by goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends. --Richard Bach

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Contrary View Post
    I went to Aldi's wed in western NY and had lots of peanut butter. I bought the almond tho, but expensive at almost $5. I eat it on rice cakes. And by the way, i had too much food to bring in the house, so i put the two bags of rice cakes outside by the door. Later when i went to get them in i saw one bag was totally gone and the other bag had a hole in it like an animal took a bite out of the bag. Took the one bag though - carrried it off somewhere. I wonder how they can smell the rice cakes thro the thick plastic bag. Prob. a raccoon. I don't think a possum would do that.
    Right,possum's ARE smarter than raccoons.lol.