Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

OT/MISC Father Mike passed away. (RodeoRector)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I was just thinking about him this week. He was a nice person.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Gandillon View Post
    He stopped posting here years ago. Simply got too busy with his much larger church after he moved to Georgia.
    But he was SO HAPPY to have his active parish. He was fulfilled.

Kriya Yogi dwelling in enchanted land of Cascadia
    Salute to a genuinely good man. We are all going to enjoy a fabulous Reunion in heaven. Prayers of peace for his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy55 View Post
    (Does anyone know what happened? I went to his FB page, but it doesn't say anything about him passing. He had a wonderful sense of humor, though, and I loved looking at some of his past postings.)
    He had a medical procedure done last week and he made a comment yesterday that he wasn't feeling so well and that it might have been due to the procedure. That said I've yet to read all of the posts in this thread.
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

I'm so very sorry to hear this.
    "One day I will leave this world and dream myself to Reality" Crazy Horse

Rest In Peace Father Mike!
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." Thomas Jefferson

Sent from my Shoe-Phone.

South Louisiana near New Orleans by the Mississippi River
    This is sad news indeed!!!! I really like RodeoRector and even though understand why he had to leave, I missed him.

RIP, dear "Padre."

Aw, so sad!

I have missed RR posting, but to know he never will again is extremely sad! Prayers for his family!
    Visit my Etsy shop at www.etsy.com/shop/TheCrochetFarm

If we aren't showing love, His love, then what are we doing calling ourselves Christians?

Psalm 73: 25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
    And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
    26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart
    and my portion forever.

Quote Originally Posted by FREEBIRD View Post
    Eternal rest grant to him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May his soul and all the souls of the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in peace.
    Amen. I always looked forward to the "He is risen!" thread that he started every Easter.
    Terri in Indiana

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

I liked him too. But, his last post was January of 2017: http://www.timebomb2000.com/vb/showt...t=#post6317856
    Sub-Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    But he was SO HAPPY to have his active parish. He was fulfilled.
    It makes me happy to know that! I remember how elated he was when he was able to move back to Texas from Colorado. When he got his orders to move to Georgia I had so hoped he'd be in a good place and that he'd be happy there.

I, too, had him on my mind just last week or so, wondering how he was.

RIP
    The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men. - Plato

Vary sad news, indeed.

Vaya con Dios, Padre.

The Obama Administration constitutes a pseudocompetocracy, i.e., rule by those whose primary skill is in feigning competence.

Quote Originally Posted by Topusaret View Post
    May his memory be eternal.

I just want to clarify that the Orthodox Church is NOT an order of the Catholic Church. The Catholic Church chose to schism from the Orthodox Church in 1054 A.D.:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East%E2%80%93West_Schism
    I thought he was a Melkite Catholic in the Byzantine Church, which is union with Rome. In the Eastern Rite Catholic churches, priests can be married.

Eternal Rest grant to Father Michael Hull, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May he rest in peace. Amen.
    "When the shepherd becomes the wolf, the first duty of the flock is to defend itself.”
    ~Dom Prosper Guéranger

He and I exchanged a few enjoyable PMs regarding the Irish comedy series "Father Ted." He was a great guy with a great sense of humor. RIP Father Mike.

my heart and prayers for his family, and I know he is UPSTAIRS now.
    Inner Connections
    God gets the
    Glory...He gave the Gift

He is enjoying the presence of our risen Lord! Comfort for his family.

Very sad news. I had missed his posts lately, especially on prayer requests.

“I’m headed upstairs about this.”

Fr. Michael Hull:

In Love With God’s Will

The vocation to the Catholic Church and its priesthood wasn’t exactly handed to Fr. Michael Hull on a silver platter. He worked and prayed very hard to discover it, and he also had some friends give him some pointers along the way. Throughout his life, he sought God’s divine will, and because of this, he has been greatly blessed.

“My family originally went to the Episcopalian Church, and later joined the Greek Orthodox Church,” Fr. Michael says. “As a boy, I served at the altar and played music in church. Although I felt a calling to be a priest ever since I was 9 years old, for a while I really resisted the call. I went to college and later worked as the Regional Health Administrator for the Department of Corrections. Interestingly, however, it was pretty obvious to the inmates that I worked with that I was in the wrong place! I was always very open about my faith with them. They were a captive audience, and they often encouraged me to go into the priesthood. I also had friends that encouraged me. One time, a friend said to me, ‘Why don’t you just go on and do what you are supposed to do?’”

He soon took the hint, and entered the Anglican School of Theology in Dallas in 1985. He was ordained as a priest in the Greek Orthodox Church in 1991, in which he served for many years. After a soul-searching journey, he was received in the Greek Catholic Church in 2005. Although his ordination to the priesthood was still valid in the Catholic Church, he needed to study at St. James Seminary in Boston to complete his formation.

“I realized that there was a lot of disunity in the Greek Orthodox Church, and I became under conviction about the importance of being in union with the See of Peter,” Fr. Michael says. “I saw that it is actually being in union with Rome which makes you in union with Rome!”

During his time at the Anglican School of Theology, Fr. Michael fell in love with the Eastern Rite of the Catholic Church and its unique spirituality. Fr. Michael is currently the Pastor of St. Ignatios of Antioch Melkite Catholic Church in Augusta, as well as a staff member of St. Mary on the Hill. We are truly blessed to have him in our community. He offers Masses at our parish, visits the sick, buries the dead, and does whatever is asked of him.

“I find St. Mary on the Hill to be a very warm parish, even though it is huge,” Fr. Michael says. “Its parishioners love each other and take care of each other. Furthermore, working with Fr. Jerry is a rare privilege. He is the most supportive and caring priest!”

By following God’s will daily, Fr. Michael lives out the stewardship vision in incredible ways.

“I think being a good steward involves every act in your life,” Fr. Michael says. “We are a throwaway society, and we don’t seem to have respect for things. Being a good Christian means being a good steward of what God has given you, as well as the environment around you. For parents, it means giving your children the time that they need and praying with them. Stewardship really is a way of life.”

Fr. Michael Hull
    “I think being a good steward involves every act in your life.We are a throwaway society, and we don’t seem to have respect for things. Being a good Christian means being a good steward of what God has given you, as well as the environment around you. For parents, it means giving your children the time that they need and praying with them. Stewardship really is a way of life.” – Fr. Michael Hull
    Attached Images
    "When the shepherd becomes the wolf, the first duty of the flock is to defend itself.”
    ~Dom Prosper Guéranger

Quote Originally Posted by packyderms_wife View Post
    He had a medical procedure done last week and he made a comment yesterday that he wasn't feeling so well and that it might have been due to the procedure. That said I've yet to read all of the posts in this thread.
    Yes, I remember reading his post on that on his FB page.

I am still in shock over his leaving us so suddenly! V

Quote Originally Posted by packyderms_wife View Post
    I'm going to miss Father Mike so much, he always posted the funniest things that would have me laughing out loud and of course, sharing his posts.

Packy, this was posted this last July 3rd but I'm sure you remember it. V

"Michael H. Hull
    July 3 at 6:23 AM ·
    For the last three years I’ve been plagued with a bone on bone right shoulder. A shoulder replacement is called for, but pretty extreme, and not guaranteed. When I’m faced with serious stuff I come home. Debi is at UT Health Center East Texas for knee replacement surgery yesterday (which went excellent), and I went to Mother Francis for a procedure called a Right Scapular Radio Frequency Ablation to get some relief. One of my closest priest friends, Fr. Barry, is an anesthetist there, and he set me up with Dr. Sirianni (in the Darth Vador outfit) and they took me back to surgery and fried the nerve to the shoulder. Amazing! No pain this morning. It pays to have friends in high places. I am very grateful." https://www.facebook.com/michaelh.hu...19885298251402

I always enjoyed his posts when he was here.

God gained a good one today.

So sorry to hear the news of Michael's passing. Very strange--out of the blue this morning I suddenly thought of him and was wondering how he was doing. I guess that I felt the void that he left as he 'headed upstairs". Prayers of comfort for his family and all who love him.

MARANATHA!
    "If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land (2 Chronicles 7:14)."

Choose Life--Your Mother Did!!!
    MARANATHA! means "Come, O Lord!"

So sorry to hear this. I guess it has been a while since he posted, but it doesn't seem like it's been that long! He was one of the really good TB ol' timers. rip sir
    Annie
    "A dog wags its tail with its heart"

RIP Father Mike. Prayers follow you.
    "During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." George Orwell

Praise God for his time with us and can't wait to meet him in heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Gandillon View Post
    He stopped posting here years ago. Simply got too busy with his much larger church after he moved to Georgia.
    Facebook page of his church--it is in Augusta, GA--

St Ignatios Melkite Catholic Church

1003 Merry St (131.01 mi)
    Augusta, Georgia 30904

(706) 250-0725

www.melkite.net
    Be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled…Let no man deceive you by any means…..
    they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved….for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie….
    Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

I met him on one of my road trips. Stayed at his place overnight, met his wife. Both great people. Gave them a bottle of my homemade wine using a plant native to the Southwest.

Been missing him for a bit and was thinking about them earlier. This is sad news but now he'll be wandering in Heaven with his big ol' straw cowboy hat and booots I reckon.
    "It ain't no secret I didn't get these scars falling over in church."

"My Shoes are too Tight. But it is ok as I have forgotten how to Dance."

Quote Originally Posted by Maranatha View Post
    So sorry to hear the news of Michael's passing. Very strange--out of the blue this morning I suddenly thought of him and was wondering how he was doing. I guess that I felt the void that he left as he 'headed upstairs". Prayers of comfort for his family and all who love him.

MARANATHA!
    Maranatha, so did I!

I pray the rosary every morning in the wee hours, this morning as I started to pray, all of the sudden in my mind's eye, I saw Father Mike standing next to me and he was smiling and wearing his vestments.

White and gold.

So I prayed an Intention for him, never realizing that I would find out this morning, that he had passed away.

I will so miss him and how he always made me laugh every morning when I would see what he posted.

And I will miss his Sunday morning Mass that he would post live on FB.

I always let him know that I was 'attending' via the internet by posting a "Good Morning Father!" (yes, that was me).

May God Bless you Father Mike. V

This man was/ is a truly good person. I don’t will miss him so. Prayers for Debi his friends and parish. Love you Father Michael. See you on the backside.
    The Operative: “The path to peace is paved with corpses. It’s always been so.”

Malcolm Reynolds: “So me and mine got to lie down and die so you can live in your better world?”

I have to share a funny story about Fr Mike...

We shared emails and jokes quite often other than just on facebook..

In Dec 2008 I seen a ad in my email.. I could paste my face on a elf and email my Christmas greeting.. I was so excited.. I uploaded a pic and picked out my elf.. Only problem was I just had surgery the day before and did not read the full disclosure..

Fr Mike opened the email during a meeting in a room of priests.. I had sent a pole dancing, stripping elf with my face on it..

He called me on break to tell me about it..Luckily he found it hilarious and knew I was medicated..We have laughed about that since..

I am really going to miss him..

I'm so sorry to hear this. Condolences to his family and friends. Adding my prayers.

HD
    The future keeps telling us what the past was about. You make the past mean different things by the way you use the time that come after.- A. Fancy

Wow! I always loved his posts and the things he said...….I have missed him since he stopped posting and wondered what happened. Now he's gone home to be with Abba. He will be missed by all. Thank you God for lending him to us for a while.
    There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."Theodore Roosevelt-1907.

Sad news indeed. May he RIP. Loved his posts.
    "It beggar'd all description" - Shakespeare's 'Antony & Cleopatra'

[QUOTE=night driver;7343839]He started out as an (IIRC) Episcopalian, had a falling out on moral grounds with his Bishop, and through a train of events became a Melkite (Orthodox) priest. Yes, he has a wife (prayers for her comfort and support) and 3 seriously beautiful daughters.

Ya hadda hear him tell it to get the whole God's Will flavor of the train of events, to see just how many moving parts God put in play to hang on to him in the Priesthood.[/QUOTE

I think he was of Byzantine Rite. Not Orthodox. Totally separate church but both can marry before ordination. Melkite is of the Eastern Rite aka Byzantine but they follow Pope and Orthodox follows Patriarch.
    Far away across the field
    The tolling of the iron bell
    Calls the faithful to their knees
    To hear the softly spoken magic spells.

Prayers and condolences to his family
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
    Robert Heinlein

What a loss to the Church and to the world. May Almighty God welcome Fr. Mike into His loving arms.
    If at first you don't secede, try, try again!

He was quite helpful to me regarding a past matter and I have always been thankful. Loved his posts. Have missed him and now more so.

Rest eternally in the favor of the Trinity, dear Father Mike.

RR
    Survival and Austere Medicine: An Introduction - 2nd and 3rd Editions Contributing author and editor

Get your FREE copy of the 3rd edition here:NNPG Download Site

Reddit AustereMedicine/

Here is a Youtube of Father Mike.

I will miss his great humor and his Sunday Mass. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BptD...&feature=share V

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BptD...&feature=share

St Ignatios of Antioch: Melkite Eastern Catholic Church

RT 4:35
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.