Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

OT/MISC Father Mike passed away. (RodeoRector)
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Father Mike passed away. (RodeoRector)

Just read a post on FB that our beloved Father Mike has passed. No further info at this time

ETA. He died this morning.
    Last edited by maric; 07-10-2019 at 03:05 PM.
    When you care to send the very best, send an Army Ranger!

I am so very sad to hear this news. He was one of my all-time favorite people. I remember that he was so happy to get an active parish. I was just wondering last week how he was doing.

May he rest in our Father’s loving embrace. Well done, thou good and faithful servant.

Well damn.

Here's his FB page if you want to leave your condolences.
    https://www.facebook.com/michaelh.hull.3
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

Quote Originally Posted by packyderms_wife View Post
    Well damn.

Here's his FB page if you want to leave your condolences.
    https://www.facebook.com/michaelh.hull.3
    His post from yesterday

Yesterday at 12:11 PM: The anesthesia from my shoulder procedure last week is still kicking my posterior. I asked Fr. Barry what he was going to use to put me to sleep and he said Propofol. I said “Isn’t that what Killed Michael Jackson?” He said, “Yes, but on the upside you’ll be able to do the moon walk.” A priest should never lie.
    "Man is not to be blamed for sinning. After all, he faces great temptations and is extremely vulnerable. What he is blamed for is not doing Teshuvah (repenting) because he can do that at any time." Rav Simcha Bunim of P'shischa

Goodness, so sorry to hear this. Prayers for his wife and family.
    Psalm 147:11
    The LORD taketh pleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy.

Oh no! Many will miss him here, but I'm looking forward to meeting him in the future. May his family be comforted and be reunited with him in the future.
    "Freedom is not something to be secured in any one moment of time. We must struggle to preserve it every day. And freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."
    -Ronald Reagan

He will be SORELY missed.

ed2ad:

Prayers of sustainment for his wife, daughters, and their families.
    Last edited by night driver; 07-10-2019 at 03:22 PM.

RIP Father Mike ...
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

What a wonderful person - he will be missed.
    Author of "Loose Ends - A Mary O'Reilly Paranormal Mystery." Dreams do come true!

http://www.amazon.com/Loose-OReilly-...5105847&sr=8-1

RIP Father Mike

Quote Originally Posted by night driver View Post
    He will be SORELY missed.

ed2ad:

Prayers of sustainment for his wife, daughters, and their families.
    I always thought he was a Catholic Priest? Was I wrong? If not wrong, then how do wife, daughters figure into this?

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.

Proverbs 16:9

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Owl View Post
    I always thought he was a Catholic Priest? Was I wrong? If not wrong, then how do wife, daughters figure into this?
    He was in an order where marriage is allowed (Eastern Orthodox).

I always enjoyed hos posts, he will be missed, but at least is now safely home.

Condolences from me and my husband. The family is in our prayers.

Susan

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    He was in an order where marriage is allowed (Eastern Orthodox).
    May his memory be eternal.

I just want to clarify that the Orthodox Church is NOT an order of the Catholic Church. The Catholic Church chose to schism from the Orthodox Church in 1054 A.D.:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East%E2%80%93West_Schism
    Μολών Λαβέ
    I'm willing to die to protect my Right to Bear Arms.
    Are you willing to die to take them away from me?
    Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for battle, my fingers for war;
    My safe guard and my fortress, my stronghold, my deliverer, My shield, in whom I trust, who subdues peoples under me. Psalm 144

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Owl View Post
    He started out as an (IIRC) Episcopalian, had a falling out on moral grounds with his Bishop, and through a train of events became a Melkite (Orthodox) priest. Yes, he has a wife (prayers for her comfort and support) and 3 seriously beautiful daughters.

Ya hadda hear him tell it to get the whole God's Will flavor of the train of events, to see just how many moving parts God put in play to hang on to him in the Priesthood.
    RULE 1:
    THEY want you DEAD.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my brothers' children (and their parents) may have peace, and have NO KNOWLEDGE of what I have done."

The BEST in Life:
    To CRUSH your enemies.
    To see them driven before you
    To listen to the lamentations of their women

This news makes me so sad. He will be missed. He was always so very kind to me.

[QUOTE=night driver;7343839]He started out as an (IIRC) Episcopalian, had a falling out on moral grounds with his Bishop, and through a train of events became a Melkite (Orthodox) priest. Yes, he has a wife (prayers for her comfort and support) and 3 seriously beautiful daughters.

Ya hadda hear him tell it to get the whole God's Will flavor of the train of events, to see just how many moving parts God put in play to hang on to him in the Priesthood.[/QUOTE

I think he was of Byzantine Rite. Not Orthodox. Totally separate church but both can marry before ordination. Melkite is of the Eastern Rite aka Byzantine but they follow Pope and Orthodox follows Patriarch.
    Far away across the field
    The tolling of the iron bell
    Calls the faithful to their knees
    To hear the softly spoken magic spells.

Memory Eternal! He was always a comforting and upright man. My condolences to his family and parishioners, and a voice for good.
    It's later than you think!
    (Fr. Seraphim Rose)

Seriously, I'm in tears here. He always was there for me from day 1 of me being here.

Rest with the angels Father Mike. You are now with the Lord.
    When you care to send the very best, send an Army Ranger!

God rest his soul, he was a cool guy.
    ++++++++++++++++++++
    There is Only Jesus--no other worthy of honors or prayers or devotion. There is No Other.

Cannabis Medicine Recipes For Cancer And More http://cannacancerblog.wordpress.com

He will be sorely missed. Rest in Peace.
    In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people. Source – The Declaration of Independence

SORRY TO HEAR THIS!! PRAYERS FOR GOD'S PEACE FOR ALL HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS. AMEN

Quote Originally Posted by maric View Post
    Just read a post on FB that our beloved Father Mike has passed. No further info at this time

ETA. He died this morning.
    I am so saddened to hear this as well...nice upright guy! One of his favorite phrases..."I'm headed upstairs." (for prayer.

R. I. P. Fr. Michael. You were so very kind when I lost my husband.
    "Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we will all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."
    Dumbledore to Harry Potter, Goblet of Fire.

Luke 21:36

A people who no longer recognize sin and evil, are not a people who will recognize tyranny and despotism either. Invar

“During the course of your life you will find that things are not always fair. You will find that things happen to you that you do not deserve and that are not always warranted. But you have to put your head down and fight, fight, fight. Never, ever, ever give up!”

- President Donald J. Trump

Oh no, so very sad. Adding prayers for him and his family.

I guess he headed upstairs for good now.

I'm in shock.
    "Why not stay awake now? Who wants to sleep now with so much happening, so much to see? Life used to be dull you see...and you don't have to sleep alone, you don't even have to sleep at all; and so, all you have to do is show the stick to the dog now and then and say, 'Thank God for nothing.'"

Drusilla, "The UNVANQUISHED. William Faulkner

I have to share a funny story about Fr Mike...

We shared emails and jokes quite often other than just on facebook..

In Dec 2008 I seen a ad in my email.. I could paste my face on a elf and email my Christmas greeting.. I was so excited.. I uploaded a pic and picked out my elf.. Only problem was I just had surgery the day before and did not read the full disclosure..

Fr Mike opened the email during a meeting in a room of priests.. I had sent a pole dancing, stripping elf with my face on it..

He called me on break to tell me about it..Luckily he found it hilarious and knew I was medicated..We have laughed about that since..

I am really going to miss him..

Eternal rest grant to him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May his soul and all the souls of the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in peace.
    "You're not living in the story the world tells you you're living in. The story is not about the Clash of Civilizations, the March of Progress, the American Dream, the Rise of Civilization or the Struggle of Race, Class, and Gender. It's about the triumph of Jesus Christ in rescuing us from this passing world and bringing us into eternal ecstasy and perfection."---Mark Shea

May He Rest in Peace. Condolences for his family, too.

Quote Originally Posted by FREEBIRD View Post
    Eternal rest grant to him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May his soul and all the souls of the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in peace.
    Amen. I always looked forward to the "He is risen!" thread that he started every Easter.
    Terri in Indiana

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

His next to last post on FB yesterday.

https://m.facebook.com/michaelh.hull...00006898625406
    "People are best convinced by reasons they discover on their own."

"The next 20 years are going to be completely unlike the last 20 years." - Chris Martenson (The New 2014 Crash Course)

I had not seen any posts from him in quite awhile but maybe I just missed them. His posts were always kind.
    I once was blind but now I see!...
    Acts 9:11 The Lord told him, “Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying. 12 In a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight.”

I'm so very sorry to hear this.
    "One day I will leave this world and dream myself to Reality" Crazy Horse

Rest In Peace Father Mike!
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." Thomas Jefferson

Sent from my Shoe-Phone.

Very sad news. I had missed his posts lately, especially on prayer requests.

“I’m headed upstairs about this.”

Sad news indeed. May he RIP. Loved his posts.
    "It beggar'd all description" - Shakespeare's 'Antony & Cleopatra'

Prayers and condolences to his family
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
    Robert Heinlein

What a loss to the Church and to the world. May Almighty God welcome Fr. Mike into His loving arms.
    If at first you don't secede, try, try again!