Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

SNOWFLAKE Professor Denounces Student's MAGA Hat: "Undeniable Symbol Of White Supremacy"
+ Reply to Thread

Professor Denounces Student's MAGA Hat: "Undeniable Symbol Of White Supremacy"

Even professors can be snowflakes!

Fair use cited so on and so forth.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...hite-supremacy

Professor Denounces Student's MAGA Hat: "Undeniable Symbol Of White Supremacy"

Authored by Daniel Payne via TheCollegeFix.com,

The hat was ‘racial antagonism,’ prof argues...

A law professor recently declared in print that a student’s “Make America Great Again” hat constituted “racial antagonism” and stood as an “undeniable symbol of white supremacy.” The professor offered no evidence that the student wearing the hat was racist.

Jeffrey Omari, a visiting assistant professor at Gonzaga University School of Law, wrote in the American Bar Association’s ABA Journal that near the end of the past academic year he witnessed a student come to class wearing a “Make America Great Again” or “MAGA” hat. The hat, which is bright red with bold white lettering, is a distinctive symbol of the Trump presidential campaign and of Donald Trump more generally. Omari refers to the slogan as “an undeniable symbol of white supremacy and hatred toward certain nonwhite groups.”

Laying eyes on the student’s hat (and confessing that he “knew this student’s political leanings from our various class discussions”), Omari writes: “…I was unsure whether the student was directing a hateful message toward me or if he merely lacked decorum and was oblivious to how his hat might be interpreted by his black law professor. I presumed it was the former.”

“As the student sat there directly in front of me, his shiny red MAGA hat was like a siren spewing derogatory racial obscenities at me for the duration of the one hour and fifteen-minute class,” he continues:

As my blood boiled inwardly, outwardly I remained calm. In an effort to assuage the perceived tension, I jokingly told the student, “I like your hat,” when he raised his hand to participate in class discussion. Without missing a beat, the student mockingly grinned from ear to ear and said, “Thank you.”

Scholars have argued that whites and people of color perceive racial discrimination through fundamentally different psychological frameworks. Moreover, people of color and whites are likely to differ substantially in how they perceive and define such discrimination. These studies show that many whites assume people are colorblind and expect evidence of racial discrimination to be explicit; many blacks perceive racial bias to be widespread and implicit.

With this scholarship in mind, I understood why no one else in this particular class—in which whites outnumbered students of color 20 to three (with me, the instructor, being the lone African American)—seemed as vexed as I was. Indeed, in a class with such racial uniformity, it appeared frivolous to rely on students to speak up on my behalf, as one of my associates suggested. An informal survey of my colleagues revealed that no other law faculty had experienced any students wearing such propaganda in their classes, which furthered my contention that this student was indeed trying to intimidate and/or racially antagonize me.

Omari does not ultimately say if, or how, he resolved the situation in his class, though he notes that “faculty of color remain committed to professionalism, which also means peaceably coexisting with MAGA in the classroom.”

I learned in college to keep my politics to myself. Whenever it got out, my grades suffered.

Quote Originally Posted by 20Gauge View Post
    I learned in college to keep my politics to myself. Whenever it got out, my grades suffered.
    Funny how that works, isn't it? Must be a much more recent development.

I still fondly remember a women's studies class I took in the early 2000s--general education requirement--where I managed to bring up Valerie Solanis. I actually saw my professor go gray when that happened. Ever seen a human being's face go GRAY? It's both awesome and unnerving.

But man, that was the best five minutes of the whole damn class. She almost managed to change the subject when one of the girls pipes up, "Who's Valerie Solanis?" And that's when I go for broke. I lay out the whole thing: genocide, white slavery, the whole nine yards. And then the murder of Andy Warhol just as an afterthought. You'd never heard so many disgusted moans at the elaboration of SCUM; the Society for Cutting Up Men.

Here is the professor.
    His comment is "Undeniably a symbol of black racism"
    Yes you are a racist if something that says "Make America Great Again" triggers you.

Bald headed, four eyed, ring in the nose, raggedy ass beard, mofo

“I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.”
    D. H. Lawrence

Just another racist college professor, that is to be expected

Until we make it politically incorrect to bash ANY race, racism will run rampant, especially in liberal crockpot like most colleges
    Tax the rich, feed the poor, til there are, rich no more - Ten Years After
    Surely you're not saying we have the resources to save the poor from their lot. -JCSS
    Friend, you cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. And what one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government can't give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacknarwhal View Post
    Funny how that works, isn't it? Must be a much more recent development.

I still fondly remember a women's studies class I took in the early 2000s--general education requirement--where I managed to bring up Valerie Solanis. I actually saw my professor go gray when that happened. Ever seen a human being's face go GRAY? It's both awesome and unnerving.

But man, that was the best five minutes of the whole damn class. She almost managed to change the subject when one of the girls pipes up, "Who's Valerie Solanis?" And that's when I go for broke. I lay out the whole thing: genocide, white slavery, the whole nine yards. And then the murder of Andy Warhol just as an afterthought. You'd never heard so many disgusted moans at the elaboration of SCUM; the Society for Cutting Up Men.
    In my case if was California in the late 80s. They were economic courses where I was "required" to take "environmental economics". The teacher "taught" us that we whites were responsible for the world's ills. Then she went into Central American and North America and how the natives lived with the land. I being me, went off on how the natives burned half the North American continent to provide more grazing for the buffalo and the Mayans basically killed themselves off with over population and agriculture.

That didn't go well to say the least.

Then she game us an assignment two groups one to own Brazil and the other to own Australia. The Australian group went into how they would use solar power, etc. to help everyone and benefit the world through proper environmental development.

Me, I went and enslaved the population, bought a nuke and guns from the US and then forced everyone to live like natives harvesting the natural abundance so I could live like a King. My argument was I was more environmentally proper as my people didn't need all those fossil fuels and as such we could sell ours to the US.

It didn't go over well, especially when we won the debate.

For some reason they didn't do round 2........ I passed the class...... barely......

Um. He hurls the "racist" on the wearing of a red letter hat, and yet from his appearance (not referring color) he would fit very nicely on any plain in Africa, or any slum in the US, or any broadway play named "Jazz Singer."

Doesn't fit near so nicely as collegiate professor.

Maybe he should try to improve the fit - he didn't create the world and he is obliged to make it work? And maybe more importantly, educate others on how to make it work.

Doesn't seem like he is trying much.

Dobbin
    I hinnire propter hoc ecce ego

Even professors can be snowflakes!

Seems most of them are, these days.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

here's what I'd say to that AA professor....

White supremacy (as you call it) is great!..............

......after all........

Would you rather live in a Black African nation that has had as little intervention by Whites in their history?.....

......or live in a Western nation founded and built by Whites?

This clown can find out what an all 3rd world population will do if Whites go extinct in the US......

.........America will never be great again if that is the case.

Call it what you want profession but I'll take White anytime...........

LOL... Then he needs to shave, as those darn white hairs are taking over. Wear your whiteness proudly. I do. Not ashamed one bit. Proud to be white and everything I've achieved through hard work. No ****** helped me either.

Quote Originally Posted by PghPanther View Post
    here's what I'd say to that AA professor....

White supremacy (as you call it) is great!..............

......after all........

Would you rather live in a Black African nation that has had as little intervention by Whites in their history?.....

......or live in a Western nation founded and built by Whites?

This clown can find out what an all 3rd world population will do if Whites go extinct in the US......

.........America will never be great again if that is the case.

Call it what you want profession but I'll take White anytime...........
    Yeah, that is a great way to a failure for the course.

WHITE

POWER!
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Why is a private Christian College letting that thing in it's doors anyway?

In my case if was California in the late 80s. They were economic courses where I was "required" to take "environmental economics". The teacher "taught" us that we whites were responsible for the world's ills. Then she went into Central American and North America and how the natives lived with the land. I being me, went off on how the natives burned half the North American continent to provide more grazing for the buffalo and the Mayans basically killed themselves off with over population and agriculture.

That didn't go well to say the least.

Then she game us an assignment two groups one to own Brazil and the other to own Australia. The Australian group went into how they would use solar power, etc. to help everyone and benefit the world through proper environmental development.

Me, I went and enslaved the population, bought a nuke and guns from the US and then forced everyone to live like natives harvesting the natural abundance so I could live like a King. My argument was I was more environmentally proper as my people didn't need all those fossil fuels and as such we could sell ours to the US.

It didn't go over well, especially when we won the debate.

For some reason they didn't do round 2........ I passed the class...... barely......
    This is beautiful!!!
    My admiration on your "diplomacy".

JefFREE
    "I tremble for my nation when I realize that God is just."- Thomas Jefferson
    The capacity to learn is a gift;
    The ability to learn is a skill;
    The willingness to learn is a choice.
    - REBEC OF GINAZ _ Dune House Harkonnen

I'm in favor of having every white hating black American take a DNA test. this man might just be majority European in ancestry. Once he finds out that he's Irish and swede, he can't hate them as easily.

One of my "guilty pleasures" is watching American blacks read the results of their DNA tests on youtube - lol.
    "During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." George Orwell

A law professor recently declared in print that a student’s “Make America Great Again” hat constituted “racial antagonism” and stood as an “undeniable symbol of white supremacy.” The professor offered no evidence that the student wearing the hat was racist.

law professor you can leave America and go live in africa where you will not be insulted by a MAGA hat....

Don't let the door slap your tush as you leave....

Texican...

Quote Originally Posted by naturallysweet View Post
    I'm in favor of having every white hating black American take a DNA test. this man might just be majority European in ancestry. Once he finds out that he's Irish and swede, he can't hate them as easily.
    naw.. he,ll just say his great ancestor was raped by a white bossman

How are guns and liberals different?

Guns have only one trigger.

Yeah, that is a great way to a failure for the course.
    That’s why one needs to just AUDIT those kinds of classes.

OP:

A law professor recently declared in print that a student’s “Make America Great Again” hat constituted “racial antagonism” and stood as an “undeniable symbol of white supremacy.”
    The devil is in the details.

What the heck is That turd doing in the Palouse??!!?? V

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post
    How are guns and liberals different?

Guns have only one trigger.
    Guns can do good as well as evil?
    Proud member Alt-Right group "Scientists For Trump". (Smart Americans know he's right.)
    A man should only take a wife whose Bible includes Genesis, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Colossians, Malachi, Isaiah, Ephesians, Corinthians, Hebrews, Timothy, Titus, Proverbs, Mark, Peter & Revelation. Ecclesiastes 7:28 (NIV) tells him the odds.

Quote Originally Posted by vestige View Post
    OP:

The devil is in the details.
    ..oooh, that was GOOD!
    “To be born a free man... an accident
    To live one... a responsibility
    To die one... an obligation!”

Quote Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
    Here is the professor.
    His comment is "Undeniably a symbol of black racism"
    Yes you are a racist if something that says "Make America Great Again" triggers you.

Bald headed, four eyed, ring in the nose, raggedy ass beard, mofo

you can choose to call this POS a "professor" if you wish. as for me - I'll continue to call it what it MOST ASSUREDLY IS: a N****R . . .

an individual fortunate enough to have been elevated to a position of responsibility, trust and status - very probably via an affirmative action quota - and yet TOTALLY UNAPPRECIATIVE of both his position and his good fortune to be living in the greatest country in the world.

another shining example why "THE WORD" should have been kept.
    "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9 (NKJV)

III

Raging Deplorable - we do NOT forget; we do NOT forgive; we are LEGION

Quote Originally Posted by dstraito View Post
    Just another racist college professor, that is to be expected

Until we make it politically incorrect to bash ANY race, racism will run rampant, especially in liberal crockpot like most colleges
    You mean, "until the college/university BOD folks vet and hire markedly conservative instructor/professor candidates" - would be a better, permanent solution.

intothegoodnight
    "Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

— Dylan Thomas, "Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night"

We regret to announce that Timebomb2000 has closed. Thank you for being a part of the community.

Goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by zeker View Post
    naw.. he,ll just say his great ancestor was raped by a white bossman
    Probably it was the Irish woman indentured servant/slave bred with a buck with excessive pigmentation.

???????????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Olson View Post

We regret to announce that Timebomb2000 has closed. Thank you for being a part of the community.

Goodbye
    What the heck is THIS all about?
    Proud member Alt-Right group "Scientists For Trump". (Smart Americans know he's right.)
    A man should only take a wife whose Bible includes Genesis, Leviticus, Deuteronomy, Colossians, Malachi, Isaiah, Ephesians, Corinthians, Hebrews, Timothy, Titus, Proverbs, Mark, Peter & Revelation. Ecclesiastes 7:28 (NIV) tells him the odds.