Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

GOV/MIL Texas governor signs bill legalizing kids' lemonade stands
+ Reply to Thread

Texas governor signs bill legalizing kids' lemonade stands

Texas governor signs bill legalizing kids' lemonade stands
    Louis Casiano
    2-2 minutes

Kids in Texas will now be able to run lemonade stands without fear of police shutting them down.

Gov. Greg Abbott, a Republican, signed a bill on Monday that legalizes temporary lemonade stands -- and other stands selling nonalcoholic drinks -- run by minors on private property or in public parks.

"Here's a common sense law. We had to pass it because police shut down a lemonade stand here in Texas. " Abbott said before signing the legislation into law and then holding a glass of lemonade in a video posted to Twitter. "So kids... cheers."

In 2015, police in the East Texas town of Overton shuttered a lemonade stand run by two sisters because the pair lacked a $150 peddlers' permit.

The Texas law comes as several kid-run lemonade stands across the country have been shut down because of complaints or a lack of licensure. In 2018, police in a Denver suburb closed a boy's stand after he couldn't produce a permit following a complaint from a neighbor.

A Florida homeowners association in 2015 shut down an 11-year-old boy's lemonade business venture because he set it up in the wrong spot.

The new Texas law takes effect Sept. 1.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tex...emonade-stands

INSANITY - that it is necessary.
    The wonder of our time isnít how angry we are at politics and politicians; itís how little weíve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dozdoats View Post
    INSANITY - that it is necessary.
    Heartily agreed.

RR
    Survival and Austere Medicine: An Introduction - 2nd and 3rd Editions Contributing author and editor

Get your FREE copy of the 3rd edition here:NNPG Download Site

Reddit AustereMedicine/

just stopped at a kids' lemonade stand 2 days ago

I really hate lemonade but I stop at every opportunity

its always good to see mom (or dad) somewhere in the vicinity

I handed the girl 4 dimes and 2 nickels and mom watched as she did the counting to see if it was right

somehow, I don't think kids are taught real counting (money) anymore

one stand.. waay out in the boonies on a backroad cpl yrs back

had 2 youngsters selling their wares

I stopped and mentioned to them

"don't forget to tell mom happy mothers day"

"Land of The Free" What a joke!

Our law books are crammed full of 'unnecessary laws'...like, for instance, the one that makes it illegal to shoot buffalo from the back-end of a moving train. But now you know why it and all the others are 'on the books'...
    You say "trigger-happy cowboy" as if it were a bad thing.

"If they come a'huntin' me; they can consider themselves lucky if they*don't* find me!"

No surrender; no retreat!

If we fight, victory is not certain. If we do not fight, defeat surely is.

It is sad when state governments have to pen laws to over come the leftists liberal agendas, but it is required today....

Texican....

Quote Originally Posted by Caplock50 View Post
    Our law books are crammed full of 'unnecessary laws'...like, for instance, the one that makes it illegal to shoot buffalo from the back-end of a moving train. But now you know why it and all the others are 'on the books'...
    I prefer to shoot buffalo from one of the passenger car windows. Sure keeps the other riders on their toes.
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    Itís a real pisser when your belief system gets T-boned by reality.
    Iím not afraid of dying...I just donít want to be there!
    ...sell your cloak, and buy a sword...Second Amendment 1.0

Good deed.

But will point out, that if all they are waving is the peddler permits. The young Americans are still doing business illegally.

And they should be shut down again, untill the labor laws for children are removed, and FICA taxes, and a general business liability mandated are removed on them too.

Most have no idea what it takes to be a good peddler, business, etc...

Small business is the incubator of employment. As it declines, so too do opportunities for first jobs, second chances and economic independence.

Quote Originally Posted by Profit of Doom View Post
    I prefer to shoot buffalo from one of the passenger car windows. Sure keeps the other riders on their toes.

Lol, yeah, hot brass in your lap ain't much fun at all. But about that law...all it really did was move the shooters from the caboose to the front of the train engine. And they claimed it was necessary because if the train was to hit such a large animal it could cause a derailment and kill or injure a lot of people...and they were keeping the tracks clear.
    You say "trigger-happy cowboy" as if it were a bad thing.

"If they come a'huntin' me; they can consider themselves lucky if they*don't* find me!"

No surrender; no retreat!

If we fight, victory is not certain. If we do not fight, defeat surely is.