Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

INSANITY Yoga Instructor Teaches Class Aimed at 'Undoing Whiteness'
+ Reply to Thread

Yoga Instructor Teaches Class Aimed at 'Undoing Whiteness'

Yoga Instructor Teaches Class Aimed at 'Undoing Whiteness'
    Dylan Gwinn
    3-4 minutes

A Seattle yoga instructor is teaching a class that is aimed at “Undoing Whiteness,” by showing white yoga students how white supremacy is present in their “body, mind and heart.”

The class is taught by Laura Humpf, a yoga teacher of 15 years who claims that the class known as “Undoing Whiteness,” will teach students how to “unpack the harmful ways white supremacy is embedded” in the culture.

“I do stand behind white people needing to talk to other white people on how to undo whiteness,” Humpf told the Seattle Times. “Can I keep refining it and doing it differently and better? Yeah, and I will forever and ever. But I believe in this space as one tool.”

Humpf claims that she decided to offer the class after watching the “racist ways,” in which white people showed up to yoga classes.

“I was seeing white people show up in yoga spaces in racist ways,” Humpf explained. Particularly irksome to Humpf, was witnessing white yoga instructors make racially insensitive jokes.

“Her class tries to neutralize defensiveness, perfectionism and the ‘white savior complex’ as participants try to physically interpret words such as ‘oppression” and “liberation,'” according to the New York Post.

Despite the backlash she’s received for teaching a class that excludes non-whites, Humpf doesn’t see a problem. Instead, as the Seattle Times puts it, she sees her class as “racial caucusing.” In this case, a caucus with the intent of destroying white supremacy.

One of the books that the 39-year-old yoga instructor has her class read, is called “Witnessing Whiteness.” A book aimed at helping white people, “deal with discomfort around race-based conversations.”

Humpf has drawn fire for teaching racially exclusive yoga classes before.

According to the Times:
    In 2015, Humpf offered her Rainier Beach yoga studio once a week to POC Yoga, a people-of-color-based yoga session that ‘respectfully asked white friends, allies and partners not to attend,’ without expressly barring entry to anyone.
    Started by five queer people of color, the class, which operated controversy-free the previous five years, was intended as a safe space for people of color to practice yoga.

Humpf received encouragement in targeting white students for racial instruction by her mentor, the Rev. angel Kyodo williams.

“White-bodied people need to understand that just because you aren’t a former KKK member doesn’t mean you aren’t upholding white supremacy when you aren’t learning to do it,” says williams, a Zen priest and founder of Center for Transformative Change in Berkeley, California, who frequently writes on racial justice.”

Humpf has no plans to stop teaching yoga classes geared towards certain races.

Follow Dylan Gwinn on Twitter @themightygwinn

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/201...ing-whiteness/

Her class tries to neutralize defensiveness, perfectionism and the ‘white savior complex’

I'm fine with this. We need to separate ourselves from the PoCs of this country and let them fall on their own.

f'em.

Leave my whiteness alone, it's just fine as it is.

Keep pushing this stupidity and you will NOT like what it becomes.
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

I have no problem with this class being offered. The question is always is there a market for it. If enough idiots sign up for it, then let them. You can't stop stupid.

If our school system would just offer classes on how to remove your head from your ass, and undoing stupid...we might start making some "progress"

or as colorfully spoken by our fine instructors at Harmony church..."unfook yourselves troop"

They think they want to awaken the saxon, but the know not what they seek, nor the consequences of it.
    Dosadi

III

My family & clan are my country.

Quote Originally Posted by desertvet2 View Post
    If our school system would just offer classes on how to remove your head from your ass, and undoing stupid...we might start making some "progress"

or as colorfully spoken by our fine instructors at Harmony church..."unfook yourselves troop"
    she teaches yoga
    she worked very hard on being able to do that
    There are two types of people in this world.
    1) Those that can extrapolate from incomplete data

Fad saol agat, gob fliuch, agus bás in Éirinn!

Christianity is the estranged descendent of a bizarre Jewish apocalyptic cult.

Kein Krieg für Israel!

This is ridiculous. How about a class on "undoing blackness." We've already got all of those university courses out there on undoing gender why not the rest of it. On the other hand, they better not be receiving any of my tax dollars for this stupidity. Survive or fail on your own economics.
    Find my free fiction stories here.

"Isn’t it interesting that the same people who laugh at science fiction listen to weather forecasts and economists?” - Kelvin R. Throop III

This is ridiculous. How about a class on "undoing blackness."

DAS RAYCISS!!!!!!

Self-loathing is a mental illness IMHO. Either you are accepting of your own skin and body parts or you work to change them. If you are overweight, you can diet or work out. But being white is no different than being a female or male. Its who you are.
    Being a Christian at this point in time is like a fish being out of water. Our home ain't here.
    My personal blog which has photography and musings. If you are bored check it out.

https://guncraft.blogspot.com/

Funny. I heard on the radio this morning that globally the favorite color for automobiles and best selling is white. Couldn't help but laughing at all the liberal heads exploding hearing that. Wondered if the big three are considering the racial ramifications of this. There's obviously a human attraction to white that just can't be erased.

The liberal insecure morons can try to water it down and degrade it all they want. It's just a political wedge. They're gonna lose.

She's from Seattle. It all makes sense now.
    The entire west coast is chock full of people with deeply entrenched madness.

gonna be one loooooong hot summer

Whatta evil, nasty woman.

I say that God made all of us in His Image, and she is spurring on racism with a guilt trip attached. Wonder what her "classes" $$$$ per hour. Profiting off of hate and lies.
    https://safeg.net/home A Safe Alternative to Harmful 5G Wireless

Matthew 10:17 But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues; 18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles. 19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.

OK kids, today’s ‘special’ yoga class will be ‘conducted’ on the steel tracks provided for your comfort. Today’s pose is downward dog looking for enlightenment.

Please pay on my mobile app, bend over, grab a hand full of track after placing your both feet on top of and parallel to the same. You may feel a strong sense of vibration, the blast of a horn, not to worry. Enlightenment is just a few more seconds away. Remember. Keep your shoulders parallel to the track, your neck straight, breath in slowly and feel the Kundalini rise.

Special disclaimer for white skycryers.

If dull-white is the color of guilt. What is the color of useful idiot?

“White-bodied people need to understand that just because you aren’t a former KKK member doesn’t mean you aren’t upholding white supremacy when you aren’t learning to do it,” says williams, a Zen priest and founder of Center for Transformative Change in Berkeley, California, who frequently writes on racial justice.”

So, basically, we could never meet their standards even if we wanted to. Got it.