Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

PRYR RQST please pray for Raggedyann - she's having surgery this morning - UPDATE, post 60, 91
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Just saw this, will be praying.
    This might hurt a little.

Prayed and will be praying.

Prayers for a stellar outcome this time!

Southside

Sending lots of prayers for Raggedyann -- a successful surgery, recovery, and therapy. Also sending prayers for you... that you can handle everything that you will be adding to your workload!!
    Therefore be ye also ready; for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. Matt. 24:44

You’ve got it, RM. please let us know how she does.

Sending prayers

Praying

Susan

I'm praying for Raggedyann, that this procedure will return her to health and strength - for an excellent surgery, recovery and for a quick and speedy outcome that will bless you both, and glorify God. Keep us posted, bless you and her!
    Susan
    All that is gold does not glitter....

I'm praying for you both.

Sending prayers
    "During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." George Orwell

prayers coming.
    Official TB2K Comedy Relief ; I resemble that remark! ; Aloha Snackbar; Nuke a Gay Whale For Christ and other Political Incorrectness
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.
    I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it. FRA

prayer for a successful surgery
    Nana to two "little bits", one not-so-little "little bit" and one 6' college bound "little bit"

Prayers.
    "I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth." (Psalm 34:1)

Prayers and awaiting an update with good news. (I saw this early this morning, but too early to post coherently and checking back now.)
    Tiger

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 8:38-39

Best wishes and thoughts for an excellent outcome for your wife, and for you to hold together during all this.
    Hang in there RM
    “I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.”
    D. H. Lawrence

Prayers added.
    For you too!

Jeff
    Strange times are causing stranger measures...

1Cor 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these [is] charity.
    I Believe in a Just God.

I hope her surgery went well. Prayers said.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggedyman View Post
    Raggedyann is having revision of a previously done total shoulder joint this morning at 11:30. She didn't really have a stellar outcome from the first TSR done in 2008 in terms of ROM and function. the previous joint is failing now – glenoid component is loose and the rotator cuff is irreparable/nonexistent at this point. Quite a bit of pain with even minimal use of the arm. today's procedure is a REVERSE shoulder. neither of us are looking forward to it but there is no other option. Perhaps worse of all, she's a southpaw and the LEFT side is the involved side. She will be totally immobilized for several weeks and then gradually progressed to PT and rehab which will take a lot of time and effort. Typically recovery from rotator cuff repair takes the better part of a year. I expect that this is going to be at least that long. for at least the first third of that year I'll be doing everything I typically do to maintain these 90 acres and the vast majority of what she'd always done as well - including cooking laundry etc.

I haven't been around much lately and I wanted to let everyone know that I'll be pretty scarce here - probably more like non existent for a while – possibly through very late summer. this is why.

please pray for Raggedyann; she's going to need it – specifically, please pray for a better outcome from this procedure that she had from the fist. I ask for your prayers too - for patience - something I have in NEGATIVE quantities.

many thanks

RM
    Prayers for a quick recovery and total healing!
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

Just saw this now...adding my prayers here, in agreement.
    https://safeg.net/home A Safe Alternative to Harmful 5G Wireless

Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

first of all thank you for the thoughts and prayers.

surgery went well today. as anticipated the glenoid component had failed. the surgeon said he very easily pulled it off the scapula with his fingers. some cystic changes in the bone which were contained and packed with cadaver bone graft. things have changed rather dramatically since I retired 15 years ago. several here have said they've personally had a reverse, or known someone with a reverse - and it was a better procedure and outcome than the anatomic TSR done initially. that wasn't typical 15 years ago. I learned something else today . . . 2/3'rds of TSR's done now are reverse rather than anatomic - and - apparently the reverse is a more forgiving procedure than the anatomic.

another thing that was different this time; she had both general anesthesia and ISB - a nerve block at the brachial plexus to control immediate post-op pain that will last about 24 hrs. assuming all goes as it should, she'll go home tomorrow on a type of continuous nerve block- a pump which will give her a small bit the medicine (ropivacaine) used in the initial bloc every 30 minutes and she can have more than that if she needs it with the push of a button. so post op pain management with very minimal opioids. its been a much better trip this time around. we're considering this a "second chance" and fully expecting a stellar outcome this trip through.

we appreciate your continuing prayers

RM
    "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9 (NKJV)

III

Raging Deplorable - we do NOT forget; we do NOT forgive; we are LEGION

Wonderful news!

Continued prayers for healing.

Thanks for the update and glad to hear it went well.
    Tiger

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 8:38-39

I'm just seeing this now. I'm glad the surgery went well. Adding my prayers for a quick, pain free and complete recovery.

HD
    The future keeps telling us what the past was about. You make the past mean different things by the way you use the time that come after.- A. Fancy

Just now seeing this. Very glad to hear the update and will keep her (and you) in prayer for a complete recovery.
    "Walk toward the fire. Don't worry about what they call you." - Andrew Breitbart

Sounds like the news is as good as it gets! I'll continue my prayers for Raggedyanns' healing, and patience with you
    Last edited by jward; 06-13-2019 at 12:14 PM.
    Thoughts are things. Thus I'm careful of the thoughts I think, & the company I keep.
    I myself am entirely made of flaws, stiched together with good intentions.
    MOON™~> all in the ignorant opinion of an uneducated slip of a woman who keeps forgetting to mind her manners, know her place and bow down to her betters

That is great news! Continuing to pray for everything to go well and a rapid recovery.

Summerthyme

about to get out the door for the 1.5 hr trip down to Pardee Hospital in Hendersonville . . . she's doing REALLY WELL - considering she's your typical redhead with ZERO pain tolerance - SHOCKINGLY WELL. as mentioned earlier anesthesia did something relatively new - actually just started to do it here within the past 4-6 months - a long acting regional nerve blocks in pre-op, then the general anesthesia for surgery and then at time of discharge a type of continuous nerve block that's based on a pump which delivers ropivacaine via catheter along the nerve, gradually weaning off it over several days. great stuff because there is minimal use of opioids for pain management.

she may well be discharged home today - her first post op follow up is TUES coming - pump comes out then.

appreciate the prayers. more later
    RM
    "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9 (NKJV)

III

about to get out the door for the 1.5 hr trip down to Pardee Hospital in Hendersonville . . . she's doing REALLY WELL - considering she's your typical redhead with ZERO pain tolerance - SHOCKINGLY WELL. as mentioned earlier anesthesia did something relatively new - actually just started to do it here within the past 4-6 months - a long acting regional nerve blocks in pre-op, then the general anesthesia for surgery and then at time of discharge a type of continuous nerve block that's based on a pump which delivers ropivacaine via catheter along the nerve, gradually weaning off it over several days. great stuff because there is minimal use of opioids for pain management.

she may well be discharged home today - her first post op follow up is TUES coming - pump comes out then.

appreciate the prayers. more later
    RM

This is excellent news.
    People are quick to confuse and despise confidence as arrogance but that is common amongst those who have never accomplished anything in their lives and who have always played it safe not willing to risk failure.

Have a safe trip and give our best to Raggedyann !

Great news!
    expatriate Californian living in rural Ireland with husband, dogs, horses. garden and many, many cats

first of all thank you for the thoughts and prayers.

surgery went well today. as anticipated the glenoid component had failed. the surgeon said he very easily pulled it off the scapula with his fingers. some cystic changes in the bone which were contained and packed with cadaver bone graft. things have changed rather dramatically since I retired 15 years ago. several here have said they've personally had a reverse, or known someone with a reverse - and it was a better procedure and outcome than the anatomic TSR done initially. that wasn't typical 15 years ago. I learned something else today . . . 2/3'rds of TSR's done now are reverse rather than anatomic - and - apparently the reverse is a more forgiving procedure than the anatomic.

another thing that was different this time; she had both general anesthesia and ISB - a nerve block at the brachial plexus to control immediate post-op pain that will last about 24 hrs. assuming all goes as it should, she'll go home tomorrow on a type of continuous nerve block- a pump which will give her a small bit the medicine (ropivacaine) used in the initial bloc every 30 minutes and she can have more than that if she needs it with the push of a button. so post op pain management with very minimal opioids. its been a much better trip this time around. we're considering this a "second chance" and fully expecting a stellar outcome this trip through.

we appreciate your continuing prayers

RM
    Prayers Sent for Speedy Recovery
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
    Robert Heinlein

My ortho was part of a study in ref the long-acting combo for shoulders during my second rotator cuff repair. AND I friggin' LOVED my grapefruit (elastomeric pump for the scaline block). The first time around things were kinda awkward.

SUPER NEWS, BTW.
    RULE 1:
    THEY want you DEAD.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my brothers' children (and their parents) may have peace, and have NO KNOWLEDGE of what I have done."

The BEST in Life:
    To CRUSH your enemies.
    To see them driven before you
    To listen to the lamentations of their women

Raggedyman,

Prayers for Raggedyann healing and strength and peace for you....

Texican....

I just found a site that explains this surgery, amazing! https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...o/vid-20086567

Still praying, when she is healed up I pray it will be like a new lease on life.

great update and prayers continue!
    Inner Connections
    God gets the
    Glory...He gave the Gift

This is wonderful news. Thank God for his healing, and all the love he shows us.
    Susan

That sounds really good!! Prayers for complete recovery!!
    Annie
    "A dog wags its tail with its heart"

just hit the house with Raggedyann in tow . . . they tossed her out, all bundled up and immobilized - and I just tucked her in the bed. the pain pump, now filled with marcaine is doing its thing every cpl minutes. can't believe how well this new protocol has done managing her pain. BTW - I was wrong when I said earlier they've been using it 4-6 months. anesthesia told me this morning its the THIRD WEEK of its use at Pardee.

gotta be honest - I wasn't expecting things to go this well. I'm blown away - better keep quiet before I jinx us . . .

III

Prayers added for quick and total healing!
    ” Watch ye therefore and pray always that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass and to stand before the Son of Man”
    Luke 21:36

COLLAPSE NOW: avoid the rush

So glad that she is home already and that her pain is controlled! You must be very relieved with the great outcome!! God answered prayers
    Therefore be ye also ready; for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. Matt. 24:44