Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

PRYR RQST please pray for Raggedyann - she's having surgery this morning - UPDATE, post 60, 91
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

please pray for Raggedyann - she's having surgery this morning - UPDATE, post 60, 91

Raggedyann is having revision of a previously done total shoulder joint this morning at 11:30. She didn't really have a stellar outcome from the first TSR done in 2008 in terms of ROM and function. the previous joint is failing now – glenoid component is loose and the rotator cuff is irreparable/nonexistent at this point. Quite a bit of pain with even minimal use of the arm. today's procedure is a REVERSE shoulder. neither of us are looking forward to it but there is no other option. Perhaps worse of all, she's a southpaw and the LEFT side is the involved side. She will be totally immobilized for several weeks and then gradually progressed to PT and rehab which will take a lot of time and effort. Typically recovery from rotator cuff repair takes the better part of a year. I expect that this is going to be at least that long. for at least the first third of that year I'll be doing everything I typically do to maintain these 90 acres and the vast majority of what she'd always done as well - including cooking laundry etc.

I haven't been around much lately and I wanted to let everyone know that I'll be pretty scarce here - probably more like non existent for a while – possibly through very late summer. this is why.

please pray for Raggedyann; she's going to need it – specifically, please pray for a better outcome from this procedure that she had from the fist. I ask for your prayers too - for patience - something I have in NEGATIVE quantities.

many thanks

RM
    "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9 (NKJV)

III

Raging Deplorable - we do NOT forget; we do NOT forgive; we are LEGION

God Bless and Protect
    "The most intriguing point for the historian is that where history and legend meet."

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who think they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Wow, this sounds rough! Prayers being said for both of you!

I'm on it! Praying for better ROM!

Prayers going up.
    Find my free fiction stories here.

"Isn’t it interesting that the same people who laugh at science fiction listen to weather forecasts and economists?” - Kelvin R. Throop III

Praying for a perfect outcome, and strength for both of you...

Summerthyme

Prayers have been said for her.

Prayers!!

busted wing no fun!!
    RULE 1:
    THEY want you DEAD.

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my brothers' children (and their parents) may have peace, and have NO KNOWLEDGE of what I have done."

The BEST in Life:
    To CRUSH your enemies.
    To see them driven before you
    To listen to the lamentations of their women

Prayers sent for both of you.

Prayers for her, from one Southpaw to another.
    Still kicking despite the devil's best efforts.

Prayed sent

I hope for.a.complete and fast recovery
    Tax the rich, feed the poor, til there are, rich no more - Ten Years After
    Surely you're not saying we have the resources to save the poor from their lot. -JCSS
    Friend, you cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. And what one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government can't give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody.

Prayers sent.

Prayers going up for both of you. Praying for a blessed outcome.

Praying for both of you to have strength and patience.

Prayers sent for her, and for you too. May things go better than you are expecting and the burden won't be as bad.

Prayers for divine guidance for all. Recently met someone who had the reverse done. He had a better experience than the original procedure.

Prayers for both of you.

Prayers sent for both of you.

Prayers said.

Prayers sent.

Prayers and positive thoughts coming her way. And yours.

Praying and will continue to do so....for both of you...for God to bless you with great surgical results, fast healing time, and an abundance of patience and peace.
    "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
    In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths."
    Proverbs 3:5-6

On tablet but praying!
    Inner Connections
    God gets the
    Glory...He gave the Gift

Absolutely! Recovering from shoulder injury myself - might want to order some of Summer's Oil for the pain? I'm using it daily and find it really (REALLY) helps.

Seeker
    The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.

Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace .

Prayers for both of you.

I have a REVERSE shoulder and have no problems compared to others I've talked to with who had regular replacement. First three months were hard doing the exercises. I'm probably 95%-98% functional with the REVERSE shoulder. I pray Raggedyann has a great outcome.

It may sound strange, doing dishes by hand is great exercise. The circular motion of the hand while washing dishes actually gets the circular motion of the shoulder moving without a lot of stress.

Prayers for both of you.

Prayers sent for better than expected results and complete healing for her and strength and patience for you.
    "It is never the tigers that get you. It is always the gnats."

Prayers for both of you !!!
    "No one ever rescues an old dog. They lay in a cage until they die. PLEASE save one. None of us wants to die cold and alone... --Dennis Olson "

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Prayers
    God is pro-life!

Praying for you both.
    Ginger

Prayers that the surgeon is on his A-game and for the best possible outcome.

Sending prayers.
    Is today the day?

Praying for your better half Raggedyman.
    Yesterday I was young, today I am old, tomorrow I'm dead, and the day after that I never was.

PRAYERS FOR HER FOR A GOOD OUTCOME AND SPEEDY HEALING, AND PRAYERS FOR YOU AS YOU BOTH DEAL WITH THIS SITUATION.

Prayers added for both of you.
    The Operative: “The path to peace is paved with corpses. It’s always been so.”

Malcolm Reynolds: “So me and mine got to lie down and die so you can live in your better world?”

Praying for both of you!!!
    Annie
    "A dog wags its tail with its heart"

Hello Raggedyman,

Praying for her surgeon for an excellent job for her.

Praying for a complete recovery.

Have two friends who had this particular surgery with excellent recovery and use of their arm.

Praying that Raggedyann has no complications and an excellent outcome.

Praying for peace and comfort for all and to get Raggedyann home soon to start recovery.

So thankful this particular surgery is available - its been a real godsend for many!

Thanking and praising God for watching over Raggedyann!
    "Apres la Guerre."

You and RA have my prayers. I hope you have someone lined up to help you with chores/doctor visits/etc.

Hang in there, brother.
    Don't start nuthin', then won't be nuthin'

Prayers for you both!

Praying now.
    "One day I will leave this world and dream myself to Reality" Crazy Horse