Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

INSANITY I hate DHS and the Real-ID BS
+ Reply to Thread

19 I hate DHS and the Real-ID BS

Need to vent. DW and I now live and Pennsylvania and we went into PennDot today to get the Real ID License. We took all of our documents per the checklist. Current Drivers License, Social Security Card, A piece of mail for each of us, Birth Certificate with raised seal, and Marriage License for the wife. After sitting there for two hours, our number is called. We get up to the counter and proceed to get our docs out. Very nice black DMV worker (surprising in itself that a DMV worker would be nice) started to look at our docs. Tells DW that he won't be able to proceed because our Marriage License was signed by a minister and is not an official one from the State of Maryland. Are freakin kidding me? All of my docs were ok and I could proceed. From what he said, I will be getting the Real ID in the mail because the office we went to was not a Real ID DMV office. I should have it by July 7th. It consist a new license with my original photo and information. The only thing different is a Star on it. Cost $30. For an additional $30.65 I could get 4 years added to my license renewal date. For $30 I could have drawn the damn star on the license. Now I have to go find out how to get a State approved marriage license. This after almost 45 years of marriage.

I feel so much safer with this BS considering that illegals are flowing over the borders by the thousands and the TSA is allowing illegals to fly to the middle of the country without documentation.

I know I could use a passport as a entry document, but I do not have one since there is no country I would care to visit. The only benefit to the Real ID for me is to get into Federal buildings should I need to. I have no plans to fly anymore.

Thanks for letting me get this off my chest.
    Visit my Etsy shop at https://www.etsy.com/shop/sawdustandshavings
    Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.” John Wayne

Central Illinois..halfway between here and there.
    Really?!?! In Illinois they give you the option of marriage license or a Holy Matrimony one. So if someone has the Holy Matrimony because they were married in a church, they have to go get a state one? This is getting beyond ridiculous!
    Needs more cowbell.
    "The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." --Benjamin Franklin
    Proud member of fly-over country

Just don’t get the RealID.

Problem solved.

Will not having one mean they won’t let you into federal courts or federal prisons?
    Cool.
    "...Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the cats of war..."
    It’s a real pisser when your belief system gets T-boned by reality.
    I’m not afraid of dying...I just don’t want to be there!
    ...sell your cloak, and buy a sword...Second Amendment 1.0

With efficiency like that, I feel safer
    Tax the rich, feed the poor, til there are, rich no more - Ten Years After
    Surely you're not saying we have the resources to save the poor from their lot. -JCSS
    Friend, you cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. And what one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government can't give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody.

Quote Originally Posted by Ta-wo-di View Post
    Need to vent. DW and I now live and Pennsylvania and we went into PennDot today to get the Real ID License. We took all of our documents per the checklist. Current Drivers License, Social Security Card, A piece of mail for each of us, Birth Certificate with raised seal, and Marriage License for the wife. After sitting there for two hours, our number is called. We get up to the counter and proceed to get our docs out. Very nice black DMV worker (surprising in itself that a DMV worker would be nice) started to look at our docs. Tells DW that he won't be able to proceed because our Marriage License was signed by a minister and is not an official one from the State of Maryland. Are freakin kidding me? All of my docs were ok and I could proceed. From what he said, I will be getting the Real ID in the mail because the office we went to was not a Real ID DMV office. I should have it by July 7th. It consist a new license with my original photo and information. The only thing different is a Star on it. Cost $30. For an additional $30.65 I could get 4 years added to my license renewal date. For $30 I could have drawn the damn star on the license. Now I have to go find out how to get a State approved marriage license. This after almost 45 years of marriage.

I feel so much safer with this BS considering that illegals are flowing over the borders by the thousands and the TSA is allowing illegals to fly to the middle of the country without documentation.

I know I could use a passport as a entry document, but I do not have one since there is no country I would care to visit. The only benefit to the Real ID for me is to get into Federal buildings should I need to. I have no plans to fly anymore.

It is about adminsterror/ terrocrat rules wanting to dot all the i's and cross all the t's so the state owns you, not yourself.

I never bother with it.

Do still have .guv ID n passport so either or of those will work maybe.

/shrug, if they want me then they will let me into the building or come find me if they can.

Don't much matter to me either way, but every time I have to fool with terrocracy I feel the need to take a bath and wash off the dirty stink.
    Dosadi

III

My family & clan are my country.

every time I have to fool with terrocracy I feel the need to take a bath and wash off the dirty stink

QFT

Real ID is a racket-just another way for states to make money.

But, you won't be able to get onto a military base as a visitor without Real ID from 2020 on; Don't think you''ll be able to fly without a real ID after 2022.

We had to go through this a few years ago. Took us THREE trips before they had everything they needed. Maddening.

Missouri didn't start offering the Real ID until the week after my driver's license expired. So I had to go ahead and get the old-fashioned driver's license so I could continue to drive, and I'll have to pay extra at some point to get the Real ID version. Really frustrating to miss out on getting the Real ID version by just several days.

And I'll have to get a Real ID to be able to continue working where I work.

I got the Star. It wasn't a big deal in the sleepy friendly DMV office close to me. No number to be called just 'you're next hon'. This little office was one of the few in the state selected to give out the star license early. The lady explained it to me as my license was going to expire, said why don't you run home and bring back the papers we need and we'll get it for you. I had nothing else to do so I was back in about 20 min. with everything. I don't remember her really looking at any of the paperwork and never opened the marriage license. I got my Star and extended license for 8 years. DH went there and got his the next day. We got it out of the way if we ever need it or not.

Got my notice last week here in Illinois that it is time for me to get a new driver's license and they gave me the option of a regular license or the real ID. We don't fly anywhere and I would be happy with the regular license except after Oct. 1 of next year the paperwork said you will need a real ID to enter any military installation. Being retired Army, we go there once on a while but I wonder if our regular military ID will still work.

In the state of Kansas, if you have ever had a ccw, you have to go to where you got the ccw to get the real license.

Quote Originally Posted by Ta-wo-di View Post

According to the vital statistics in Md., you need to contact the circuit court of whatever district your marriage was recorded. https://health.maryland.gov/vsa/Pages/marriage.aspx
    If you don't mind paying a bit more and saving the hassle of tracking down and talking to district clerks, you can order marriage licenses online through https://www.vitalchek.com/#

yup got rejected for mine when I relocated to Wisc on first try, went back and got the long form birth cert. and now have Real ID with star.

on the up side, it was free as long as it was to be used for voting purposes 2016 but it was not handed to you same day, it was mailed to the home.

this was under Walker to prevent student voter fraud but has since been rescinded under Evers. IIRC they are same day service now.

passport is up to date and even with that was not acceptable, had to be the long form birth cert with raised seal.

still have my original issue SSI card too

The other thing you will not be able to do without a "real ID" come 1/1/2020 is purchase a firearm at an FFL.

Well now... that's infringement in my book.

W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lone_Hawk View Post
    The other thing you will not be able to do without a "real ID" come 1/1/2020 is purchase a firearm at an FFL.
    NO MORE INFRINGEMENT.
    NO MORE COMPROMISE.
    NOT ONE MORE INCH.

So in other words, purchase all the fire arms you ever want to have now so you don't have to mess with having the "real ID" after 1/1/2020.
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.
    President Theodore Rooseveldt

Ohio mails EITHER a REAL ID or standard license. And yeah you need all the frippery (2 commercial letters to you IN YOUR NAME, old license, SocSec card, and I had passport which covered the rest of the crap).

In THIS town it isn't just FED court. Included Fed bldg and IRS as well.
    RULE 1:
    THEY want you DEAD.

PERSEC OPSEC COMMSEC Live or Die by your Tradecraft.

Should I vanish, only one person here will know.

The BEST in Life:
    To CRUSH your enemies.
    To see them driven before you
    To listen to the lamentations of their women

I just renewed my license. Had the option to go enhanced. Did not and won't do it unless I HAVE to.
    "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
    In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths."
    Proverbs 3:5-6

A passport works as a Real ID. Or so I have read.

IN California you will need RealID to purchase a firearm soon.
    Expect many other states to eventually be the same.

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/de...alid/realidfaq
    3. Is REAL ID mandatory?

No. The federal compliant REAL ID driver license or identification card is optional.

If you have a valid U.S. passport or U.S. passport card, military ID, or other federally approved identification, you may use this it as your form of identification to fly within the United States and enter secure federal facilities when new federal ID requirements begin October 1, 2020.

If you know you will not be boarding a domestic flight or visiting a secure federal facility or military base, you do not need a REAL ID driver license or identification card.

You do not need a REAL ID driver license or identification card to do any of the following:

Apply for or receive federal benefits (Veterans Affairs, Social Security Administration, etc.)
    Enter a post office or other federal facility that does not require identification.
    Visit a hospital or receive life-saving services
    Ride Amtrak or other public ground transportation

You will need a REAL ID driver license or identification card if you want to continue using your driver license or identification card to do any of the following:

Board a flight within the United States starting October 1, 2020.
    Enter secure federal facilities or military bases starting October 1, 2020. (Note: Check with the federal facility/military base before your visit to verify their identification requirements.)
    Purchase firearms or ammunition. (Note: Check with the firearms dealer you plan to visit to verify their identification requirements)
    “I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.”
    D. H. Lawrence

South Louisiana near New Orleans by the Mississippi River
    I'm sorry you had to go through all that but THANK YOU for sharing your bad experience with us which will save us from making our own mistakes and our own repeat trips!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lone_Hawk View Post
    I believe that only applies in California, and even then it's up to the individual dealers:
    California Special Alert: Update Regarding Use of Non-REAL IDs for Firearm Purchases
    THURSDAY, MARCH 22, 2018

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2018...earm-purchases

NRA and CRPA attorneys recently received further clarification from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (“ATF”) regarding the use of non-REAL IDs when purchasing a firearm at a California licensed firearms dealer. According to ATF, California licensed firearm dealers:

[M]ay accept post-January 22, 2018 licenses/identification documents that meet the definition in 18 U.S.C. 1028(d) in fulfilling their requirements under 18 U.S.C. 922(t)(1)(C) and 27 CFR 478.124(c)(3)(i). However, licensees may consider asking for additional documentation (e.g., passport) so that the transfer is not further delayed.

As a result, California residents who are issued non-REAL IDs after January 22, 2018, by the California Department of Motor Vehicles (“DMV”) may use their IDs for the purposes of purchasing a firearm, even if the ID contains the language “FEDERAL LIMITS APPLY” on the front of the license and states on the back of the license that “This card is not acceptable for official federal purposes.”

Prior ATF Open Letter to Dealers Rescinded

ATF also informed NRA and CRPA attorneys that the letter issued in June of 2016 concerning “FEDERAL LIMITS APPLY” licenses, will be rescinded. A recent review of the ATF website for the letter states “Page Not Found.”

Pursuant to AB 60, the California Department of Motor Vehicles (“DMV”) may issue licenses and identification cards to individuals who cannot prove legal status in the United States. The licenses and identification cards issued pursuant to AB 60 stated “FEDERAL LIMITS APPLY” on the front of the card making them distinguishable from licenses issued to U.S. citizens.

Federal law prohibits those who are illegally in the United States from receiving and possessing firearms. In June 30, 2016, ATF sent a letter to firearm dealers informing them they could not transfer firearms to individuals using AB 60 licenses (licenses with “FEDERAL LIMITS APPLY” on their front) due to the likelihood the individual was in the country illegally and thus prohibited from receiving and possessing firearms.

Recently California started to implement the federal REAL ID Act, which requires state-issued licenses and identification cards to meet federal requirements for verification. AB 60 licenses do not meet these requirements. On January 22,108, DMV started issuing licenses to people who did not apply for or go through the process to acquire a REAL ID. Unfortunately, after January 22, 2018, the licenses issued pursuant to AB 60 and those issued to Californians who didn’t apply for a REAL ID state on their face “FEDERAL LIMITS APPLY,” and thus, according to the June 30, 2016 ATF letter, are unacceptable for firearm purchases.

Presumably this problem was corrected by DMV. ATF initially stated that licenses issued pursuant to the AB 60 undocumented individuals differed from those issued to U.S. citizens because on the back of the AB 60 licenses the license stated, “This card is not acceptable for official federal purposes.” Thus, there would be a way to differentiate between licenses issued pursuant to AB 60 and to U.S. citizens who did not apply for a REAL ID license. Unfortunately, this information was incorrect as both AB 60 licenses and the licenses issued to U.S. citizens stated, “This card is not acceptable for official federal purposes” on the reverse side.

NRA and CRPA attorneys pointed this concern out to ATF soon after it was discovered. ATF now realizes that they cannot avoid this problem as these licenses with the same language on the front and back are sent out to U.S. citizens and undocumented individuals alike. Thus, ATF’s position changed, and they are withdrawing the June 30, 2016 letter concerning “FEDERAL LIMITS APPLY.”

Lingering Concerns

Not all “FEDERAL LIMITS APPLY” licenses can be used to acquire firearms. Licenses issued prior to January 22, 2018 with “FEDERAL LIMITS APPLY” on them were likely issued to individuals who cannot show lawful citizenship status. Firearm dealers are strongly advised to insist on an additional form of identification before accepting a license issued before January 22, 2018 with “FEDERAL LIMITS APPLY” marker.

Licenses issued after January 22, 2018 that state “FEDERAL LIMITS APPLY” may or may not have been issued to a person who is within the United States illegally. If a firearm dealer has cause to believe the individual using one of these licenses may be prohibited from possessing firearms, as ATF suggests, the dealer may want to consider asking for additional documentation.

Californians who want to make sure they have zero problems purchasing a firearm in the future may want to consider applying for and acquiring a REAL ID through the DMV. Remember these licenses can be used to board airplanes, gain access to military bases, and other federal facilities in 2020. Californians will not be able to use their non-REAL IDs for these purposes after 2020 and will be required to provide some other form of identification.

California licensed firearm dealers should be aware, however, that the California Department of Justice (“DOJ”) may nonetheless continue to hold the position that any “FEDERAL LIMITS APPLY” licenses cannot be used for the purposes of purchasing a firearm. That position is an unlawful overreach because the question of lawful presence in the United States as it relates to firearm purchases falls directly under ATF’s control. Under California law, one only needs to provide “clear evidence of the person’s identity and age” when attempting to acquire a firearm from a California licensed dealer. “Clear evidence” is defined as a valid California Driver’s License or Identification Card. Because both AB 60 licenses and non-REAL IDs are considered valid California identification, regardless if they satisfy federal requirements or not, both satisfy California’s requirement of “clear evidence of the person’s identity and age.” In addition, ATF has informed NRA and CRPA attorneys that they will be rescinding their previous policy prohibiting the use of such licenses.

South Dakota has had this for several years now. You need your driver's license, two pieces of official mail, social security card, state-issued birth certificate, and state-issued marriage certificate or other state-issued proof of name change). The marriage license you got for the ceremony is not acceptable.

There is no option to not get a Real ID, unless you want no ID at all.
    "This place is fantastic! It's like "Gone With The Wind" on mescaline. They walk imaginary pets here...and they're all heavily armed and drunk..."
    Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil

Ran into this buzz saw, recently - was told the details/must-comply rules by a woman with a thick asian accent - she was knowledgeable and helpful - "just doing her job."

I personally found it insulting to be de facto told by a person/representative of the state, who is a recent transplant, themselves, that I am officially considered an non-person UNTIL I can prove my citizenship status to the state of my heritage, family's very long history in the state, back into colonial times.

Can't provide the required papers?

No driving, legally.
    No entering certain government facilities.
    No voting.
    No commercial flying.
    **pending future personal restrictions, here**

Stripped of legitimately earned birthright, rank and "privileges," until **NEW** compliance/requirements are met.

The U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights be damned.

Funny how all of this works.

Until, it suddenly doesn't.

Here is an interesting twist/addendum - my professionally required lifetime/long-term complete FBI background investigation dossier, social security number, fingerprints, photos, personal info, credit scores, detailed lifestyle descriptions, names, POC info and extensive interviews of family members, medical professionals, friends, professors, teachers, professional acquaintances, property owned, businesses owned, vehicles owned, in depth spousal/immediate family info, civil records, etc., etc. - electronically compiled and maintained by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) - was part of the 2+ MILLION electronic data base record set that was STOLEN by "hackers," a few years back, during the Obama administration era - scuttlebutt was that this info was "misappropriated" by Chinese state-sponsored hackers.

OMB sent a terse form letter around to everyone, letting us know so that we should *watch* our credit records for any negative activity - swept under the rug to be forgotten - so sorry - not aware of any official investigations into what happened, how it happened, possible perps both domestically and internationally, nor any offer to allow us to change our SSN and other person-specific identification data points.

Nada.

Many of my professional compatriots were caught up in this situation, with the same losses.

Above are examples of our tax dollars HARD at work . . . (against us) - "we ARE the product."

intothegoodnight
    Last edited by intothatgoodnight; 06-08-2019 at 02:12 PM.
    "Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

— Dylan Thomas, "Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night"

Ah, just tell 'em you're from Guatemala and No hablo englees.

Here is an interesting twist/addendum - my professionally required lifetime/long-term complete FBI background investigation dossier, social security number, fingerprints, photos, personal info, credit scores, detailed lifestyle descriptions, names, POC info and extensive interviews of family members, medical professionals, friends, professors, teachers, professional acquaintances, property owned, businesses owned, vehicles owned, in depth spousal/immediate family info, civil records, etc., etc. - electronically compiled and maintained by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) - was part of the 2+ MILLION electronic data base record set that was STOLEN by "hackers," a few years back, during the Obama administration era

Ah yes, ye olde SF-86 breach. What fun. People DIED from that one.
    =====================

https://www.wired.com/2015/06/opm-br...ivacy-debacle/

10:40 pm
    Why The OPM Breach Is Such a Security and Privacy Debacle

If it's not already a maxim, it should be: Every big hack discovered will eventually prove to be more serious than first believed. That's holding to be especially true with the recently disclosed hack of the federal Office of Personnel Management, the government’s human resources division.

At first, the government said the breach exposed the personal information of approximately four million people—information such as Social Security numbers, birthdates and addresses of current and former federal workers. Wrong.

It turns out the hackers, who are believed to be from China, also accessed so-called SF-86 forms, documents used for conducting background checks for worker security clearances. The forms can contain a wealth of sensitive data not only about workers seeking security clearance, but also about their friends, spouses and other family members. They can also include potentially sensitive information about the applicant’s interactions with foreign nationals—information that could be used against those nationals in their own country.
    What's more, in initial media stories about the breach, the Department of Homeland Security had touted the government's EINSTEIN detection program, suggesting it was responsible for uncovering the hack. Nope, also wrong.

The repercussions could be much graver than anyone thought.
    Although reports are conflicting about how the OPM discovered the breach, it took investigators four months to uncover it, which means the EINSTEIN system failed. According to a statement from the OPM, the breach was found after administrators made upgrades to unspecified systems. But the Wall Street Journal reported today that the breach was actually discovered during a sales demonstration by a security company named CyTech Services (paywall), showing the OPM its forensic product.
    There are also some questions now about the number of people affected by the breach. Bloomberg and the Associated Press report that the figure may be closer to 14 million—affecting not only current and federal employees but also military, intelligence and government contractor staff going back to the 1980s. But others are disputing this.
    As more information comes out about the kinds of information the hackers accessed, the repercussions could be much graver than anyone thought.

The Potential for Blackmail
    In its statements about the breach, including a phone recording played for any federal worker who calls seeking more information, the OPM has emphasized that it’s offering victims of the breach credit monitoring, a protection usually offered for financial breaches. It’s only confirmed that basic personal information was stolen, such as names, social security numbers, date and place of birth, and current and former addresses.
    But in fact, the data accessed by the intruders may be far broader. The 127-page SF-86 forms believed to have been accessed by the hackers also includes financial information, detailed employment histories—with reasons for past terminations included—as well as criminal history, psychological records and information about past drug use.

Federal background checks, after all, are meant to suss out information that might be used by foreign enemies to blackmail a government staffer into turning over classified information. And that stolen information could be used for exactly that extortion purpose, says Chris Eng, a former NSA staffer and now VP of research at the security firm Veracode. If the breached background check information goes beyond the SF-86 form, it could even include detailed personal profiles obtained through polygraph tests, in which employees are asked to confess law breaking and sexual history. ”They write it all down and it goes into your file. If OPM had any of that stuff, it could be super damaging. You’d know exactly who to go after, who to blackmail,” Eng says. “It could be very damaging from a counterintelligence and national security standpoint.”

The OPM had no IT security staff until 2013, and it showed.
    There’s another concern even beyond that blackmail risk. SF-86 forms can include a list of foreign contacts with whom a worker has come in contact. Diplomats and other workers with access to classified information are required—depending on their job—to provide a list of these contacts. There is concern that if the Chinese government got hold of lists containing the names of Chinese nationals who had been in touch with US government workers, this could be used to blackmail or punish them if they had been secretive about the contact.

Security Failures and Angry Victims
    The OPM had no IT security staff until 2013, and it showed. The agency was harshly criticized for its lax security in an inspector general’s report released last November that cited its lack of encryption and the agency’s failure to track its equipment. Investigators found that the OPM failed to maintain an inventory list of all of its servers and databases and didn’t even know all the systems that were connected to its networks. The agency also failed to use multi-factor authentication for workers accessing the systems remotely from home or on the road.
    The millions of victims of the OPM breach are already expressing their anger over the massive data spill. J. David Cox, the president of the union of federal government employees, has written a strongly worded letter to OPM director Katherine Archuleta lambasting the security mismanagement that led to the breach and the agency’s response to it. “I understand that OPM is embarrassed by this breach,” Cox writes. “It represents an abysmal failure on the part of the agency to guard data that has been entrusted to it by the federal workforce.”
    The wonder of our time isn’t how angry we are at politics and politicians; it’s how little we’ve done about it. - Fran Porretto
    -http://bastionofliberty.blogspot.com/2016/10/a-wholly-rational-hatred.html

The fundamental question that remains unanswered, for the moment - let's say that a person renewing their state-issued driver's license wishes to be issued a NON-RealID driver's license (where applicable).

To the point - when one sits for the NON-RealID photo, one is still not allowed to smile, etc., while the NON-RealID license photo is taken.

Why are folks not allowed to smile, etc., instead having to look stone-faced into the camera when sitting for a NON-RealID license photo?

It is because photo recognition software is able to gain a more accurate mathematical interpretation/representation of a person's face when the subject is NOT smiling.

But, you ask, is the state gathering my photo for their own photo recognition software uses, and despite the fact that one is NOT seeking a RealID license?

Good question - likely to be a state-by-state rule.

Second question - is the state acting as an agent for the Federal Government by gathering and FORWARDING license photos that are able to be properly interpreted/rendered by photo recognition software?

When a person is seeking a RealID license, this would be true - your "stone-faced" driver's license photo is electronically submitted to the Fed's nation ID database. The Feds store the original state submitted photo AND the photo recognition software interpretation data of the photo for future real-time Federal ID purposes/needs.

But, what if a person is only seeking a NON-RealID driver's license?

Does the state STILL go ahead and submit the license photo to the Federal database?

Answer seems to be YES - though it may be state-specific as to whether ALL states submit ALL driver's license photos to the Federal database, regardless of whether of the fact that the state resident seeking a driver's license requested a NON-RealID driver's license.

This is my best understanding of the state driver's license photo issue, at this time.

WHAT is important to understand about photo recognition software-processed pictures being utilized as a form of positive ID - depending upon the quality of the photo (stone faced, head-on to the camera, good lighting), a facial recognition processed photo can be nearly as accurate as a fingerprint in identifying an individual - or, will certainly whittle the possible number of people down to a select few.

That level of positive ID confirmation can be sought in real-time by "authorized" agencies/investigative groups/individuals - at a mere push of a button, from anywhere in the world. Good guys and bad guys, foreign sovereign and drug lords/international criminal elements (I may be repeating myself) both have nearly equal access to this info - pay-to-play and other nefarious methods for accessing the Federal photo ID database are realities - count upon it.

Here is the kicker. Let us suppose that a particular U.S. citizen is being sought, unbeknownst to them, by some agency or group - could be national or international - good guys and bad guys - utilizing our national network of both public and private video cameras, which are always scanning the crowd, unannounced and unnoticed by most - as any one of those cameras is scanning the crowd, in real-time, it suddenly picks YOU up in the crowd - the camera (as it were - go with me, here for the sake of simplicity) reports back to the Federal facial ID system that you were detected - time, geo-location, likely probability of accuracy that it WAS YOU - a short while later, ANOTHER public video camera detects you, again, a bit further down the road - Feds can then log into the specific camera footage generated by the reporting cam(s), and view the recorded video of the reports - and, of course, they notice that you have entered a residence - which they now have the address for, and now know who lives/owns that residence (who you are associating with) - this specific data can then be compared to ALL cell phone numbers that were reporting active, in that specific area, at the time you were spotted by the public video cams, generating a short list of possible phone numbers that could be attached to YOU.

I could go on, and on, about the cross-correlation possibilities that are cost-effectively REAL utilizing modern tech tracking methods and gear.

YOU ARE THE PRODUCT. YOU GENERATE THE DATA THAT "THEY" CAN USE for whatever purposes "THEY" want - the bigger question then becomes, WHO is "THEY?"

Knowing about the pitched international ongoing battle between the deep state and Team Trump that is a reality in today's world, and the sheer amount of documented fraud, illegality, regular and willful BOR violations EVERY SINGLE DAY by TPTB, there is a GENUINE cause for concern regarding TPTB's ability to real-time monitor/positive ID ANY citizen, at ANY time they wish, without notice, for as long as they wish.

intothegoodnight

Quote Originally Posted by intothatgoodnight View Post
    Ran into this buzz saw, recently - was told the details/must-comply rules by a woman with a thick asian accent - she was knowledgeable and helpful - "just doing her job."

I personally found it insulting to be de facto told by a person/representative of the state, who is a recent transplant, themselves, that I am officially considered an non-person UNTIL I can prove my citizenship status to the state of my heritage, family's very long history in the state, back into colonial times.

Can't provide the required papers?

No driving, legally.
    No entering certain government facilities.
    No voting.
    No commercial flying.
    **pending future personal restrictions, here**

Stripped of legitimately earned birthright, rank and "privileges," until **NEW** compliance/requirements are met.

The U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights be damned.

Funny how all of this works.

Until, it suddenly doesn't.

Here is an interesting twist/addendum - my professionally required lifetime/long-term complete FBI background investigation dossier, social security number, fingerprints, photos, personal info, credit scores, detailed lifestyle descriptions, names, POC info and extensive interviews of family members, medical professionals, friends, professors, teachers, professional acquaintances, property owned, businesses owned, vehicles owned, in depth spousal/immediate family info, civil records, etc., etc. - electronically compiled and maintained by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) - was part of the 2+ MILLION electronic data base record set that was STOLEN by "hackers," a few years back, during the Obama administration era - scuttlebutt was that this info was "misappropriated" by Chinese state-sponsored hackers.

OMB sent a terse form letter around to everyone, letting us know so that we should *watch* our credit records for any negative activity - swept under the rug to be forgotten - so sorry - not aware of any official investigations into what happened, how it happened, possible perps both domestically and internationally, nor any offer to allow us to change our SSN and other person-specific identification data points.

Nada.

Many of my professional compatriots were caught up in this situation, with the same losses.

Above are examples of our tax dollars HARD at work . . . (against us) - "we ARE the product."

intothegoodnight
    Actually, there is an option. Just not available to many. Having a second passport.
    Then you don't have to follow the stupid rules, just give out the foreign passport.
    It works everywhere.

Just say no.
    We are not getting them. F em
    "Be Prepared" - Boy Scouts Motto
    "And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch." - Jesus Christ, Mk 13:37
    "Don't worry, be happy" - Bobby Mcferrin
    "Take a chill pill" - Mongo

Given enough time and exposure, most thinking people will grow to hate the federal government in all its stupidity.

I squeaked in with a new non-federal driver's license. I do keep a valid passport for the rare chance I may let the TSA molest me again for a flight. Wonder what the feds will do if I choose not to bring my passport in the event I get called for federal jury duty?
    "You are allowed to be disappointed but not surprised"

Quote Originally Posted by Southside View Post
    Actually, there is an option. Just not available to many. Having a second passport.
    Then you don't have to follow the stupid rules, just give out the foreign passport.
    It works everywhere.
    Touché !

intothegoodnight

Quote Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
    Given enough time and exposure, most thinking people will grow to hate the federal government in all its stupidity.

I squeaked in with a new non-federal driver's license. I do keep a valid passport for the rare chance I may let the TSA molest me again for a flight. Wonder what the feds will do if I choose not to bring my passport in the event I get called for federal jury duty?
    Or, choose to enter a county court house, in order to perform something innocuous like consulting with the Grantor index/records? You will be refused at the door without proper ID.

You are a non-person until THEY grant you your personhood/status with their officially issued ID. When did any of us agree to give up our personhood to TPTB? My "person-hood" has been valid all of my life, never in question - nor, should it be - except, it is without the **official** designated "blessing" by TPTB, granting me something that I (thought) I already had.

Strange, that . . .

intothegoodnight

The most entertaining part of this is that illegal aliens will be exempted from the requirement to carry a real ID. There will be some sort of substitute that they can get at their local 7-11 for the asking and no identification required. Wait for it; it's coming.
    Better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war.

Quote Originally Posted by big kumara View Post
    There is no option to not get a Real ID, unless you want no ID at all.
    Same in Iowa for me when I relocated. I took my passport with me, plus the other items. Not a big deal for me, but I've heard/read a ton of complaints.

This was one battle I wasn't going to fight: I got the car registered, new plates, new license, new reg -- I didn't want any problems with the police -- I dotted my i's and crossed my t's.

My neighbor ended up with a huge fine because he didn't get new plates within 30 days. He might've been OK with regular out of state plates, but he had these vanity plates from IL that were hard to miss.